Imperial Assault Tank Driver - VC126

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro will be releasing a Rogue One Hovertank Driver in the 2018 Vintage Collection line.

Any thoughts on this figure? Who's going to purchase it?

Reaction score
First "never before release" of the line. Definite purchase... especially since there will be a (properly scaled) tank to fit him in B)

Reaction score
For me the only news that tops this guy getting released is that they are making the tank as well. That hovertank is gonna look awesome with a Kenner style box.

Reaction score
Will be my RO shelf centerpiece until something larger turns up ( properly scales U-Wing B) ). will be a nice background to all RO figures released in that line.

Reaction score
Gonna have to make a new diorama with this, movable treads and removable kyber crystal pods, just need some shiny new OT era Stormtroopers to flank this thing now.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
It's funny, the 4-pack with the 5 poa version of the pilot is now on clearance for the same price this one SA version will be... and I'm going to buy this one!

Reaction score
Will be my RO shelf centerpiece until something larger turns up ( properly scales U-Wing B) ). will be a nice background to all RO figures released in that line.
Ugh, an upscaled U-Wing would really sting me, I bought two already (granted I'm going to modify one). Fantastic news, I did like the design of the trooper. I'm glad they're pushing Rogue One heavily in the line, it definitely has more that collectors are interested in. I'm noticing there's not much interest in TFA backgrounders.

Reaction score
As much as I like the idea of TFA and RO on vintage cards, even with re-releases, I really think Hasbro should rethink the logos they're using (Red lettering inside a silver Star Wars box. If you've ever seen Blizzard Force Customs cardbacks, his are much better, keeping the look of the original movie title. I wish Hasbro would show a little originality and go in this direction.

Reaction score
I get why they went with this guy, repack/repaint city. But I would have preferred Krennic, Saw or Two Tubes, Hux, Thrawn, Gold Droid from Maz's Castle.

The funny part is that people will probably not be able to find this guy anyways.

Reaction score
I get why they went with this guy, repack/repaint city. But I would have preferred Krennic, Saw or Two Tubes, Hux, Thrawn, Gold Droid from Maz's Castle.

The funny part is that people will probably not be able to find this guy anyways.
How do you know those figures won't be released?

Reaction score
I don't know if they will or wont be released. I'm stating what I would rather have had in the opening waves as opposed to all the repacks so close together.
But based on what they have been doing, if they are ever made it won't be till much later and spread so far apart it could take several years.

Reaction score
I'll be looking for at least three of this figure. 1 for the cardback and 2 for the tank. Hpefully Hasbro will get this out in high numbers, 2 per case as the only "New" figure they have confirmed so far.

Reaction score
The tank may actually seat three. Hasbro is seeing $$$$ on that one.
Yeah, it looks like there are spaces for a driver and a gunner and then the top hatch, so people will want multiples of this one. Maybe they'll bring out a commander at some point as well.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
As far as the driver is concerned, it would be cheaper to buy the 5 poa version for the tank, since we only see his head sticking out! The Commander should be SA to pose his torso and arms more naturally out the upper hatch.

Reaction score
Agreed. If they're actually releasing the Tank, why not just include a 5POA Driver? Seems like a waste of another valuable slot in TVC, that could go to something more useful.

Reaction score
The tank has place for three of these guys, and by the looks of it, the tank will include the commander driver while this is the standard one.

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards a Tank commander; hopefully we'll see. GI Joe's done driver officers as pack-in on some of the Cobra vehicles as a precedent (e.g. Hiss driver officer, Snow Serpent Officer, Rage driver officer, etc....). The reasoning being that the collectors are 'compelled' :) to get an exclusive figure in those vehicles.

Reaction score
Agreed. If it's a pack in, a commander would be better. It's easier to find a few single tank driver's that way.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
If so, I hope that he is SA just like the single carded figure, then. The commander is really the one that needs to be SA, at least above the waist!

Reaction score
Yes!

As others have said, an SA hovertank driver is a necessity!

Reaction score
they better not use that ridiculous card art that they used for a mock up. Is there are nice BTS image of this character? If not I would prefer an image of the tank. Kenner used to use images of the vehicle for the pilot figure very often in the old days.

Reaction score
I really have no interest in this figure to be honest, unless it comes with the Hovertank. I already have the 6” and 5POA versions. 5POA is all you really need for a trooper who does nothing but sit in a cockpit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I really have no interest in this figure to be honest, unless it comes with the Hovertank. I already have the 6” and 5POA versions. 5POA is all you really need for a trooper who does nothing but sit in a cockpit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
it IS coming with the Hovertank. That’s the only reason it’s getting released.

Reaction score
it IS coming with the Hovertank. That’s the only reason it’s getting released.
I thought Hasbro said it was NOT coming with the hover tank, only single carded, or are they doing both. TBH, I'd prefer them to have one with the tank, the commander, and then single carded drivers.

Reaction score
Is it really? When all he does is sit there?
:p
I don't think I can ever learn to understand this line of thinking. Why does the toy only exist to recreate its movie scenes? By this thought process, practically no characters should have articulation apart from the mains.

Reaction score
You must not have seen my joking emoji? ^ It was in jest, because I've often heard that same argument myself.

I do see the point that this should come with the tank though, and a different figure should get single card release. A Driver doesn't lend itself to army building like a regular Trooper would. Especially with TVC slots for new figures being sparse.

I may or may not go one, depending on where I'm at when this comes out.

Reaction score
Looking forward to getting this figure when the Hovertank is released. It would be nice if we could find both at the same time, but that may be wishful thinking.

It's irritating that this figure was released in the 6" line a while back - and yet it's still not out yet in the 3.75" line. There should be some kind of rule where the only 6" figures released should be figures that have already been in the 3.75" line.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looking forward to getting this figure when the Hovertank is released. It would be nice if we could find both at the same time, but that may be wishful thinking.

It's irritating that this figure was released in the 6" line a while back - and yet it's still not out yet in the 3.75" line. There should be some kind of rule where the only 6" figures released should be figures that have already been in the 3.75" line.
I would say just do away with the 6" line. It's fragmenting the market and we don't get the good releases first.

Reaction score
I would say just do away with the 6" line. It's fragmenting the market and we don't get the good releases first.
Agreed! I only want to support/collect the 3.75" line. And, it's aggravating when that line produces figures before (in some cases well before) the 3.75" line. Also, the Hovertank driver made no real sense as a 6" release, since the Hovertank vehicle wasn't being released in the same scale (nor has a Hovertank ever been released in the 6" scale).

It seems that Hasbro wants to entice 3.75" fans into collecting the 6" figures, which is why they're doing this. Well, it won't work with me.