Imperial Assault Hovertank

Reaction score
Saw something interesting today, some might consider it a spoiler. But it's about the Hovertank.

Spoiler:  
Hovertanks show up in Season 4 of Rebels, saw them in the trailer today. Hopefully Hasbro will use this as a reason to finally make one.

Reaction score
It's probably more of a bridge to Rogue one story wise, than it is a reason to make a toy. Which has been done enough IMO. Having Saw in the show as well as other things is fine.

But these tanks are one the most boring vehicles to ever grace a SW movie. I also don't get the emphasis of them trying to validate R1 so much. It's a one and done movie.
I'd me more at peace if they just used vehicles from ANH/ESB era in Rebels, it's close enough in time frame. Or, at the very least come up with more interesting designs.

Reaction score
It's probably more of a bridge to Rogue one story wise, than it is a reason to make a toy. Which has been done enough IMO. Having Saw in the show as well as other things is fine.

But these tanks are one the most boring vehicles to ever grace a SW movie. I also don't get the emphasis of them trying to validate R1 so much. It's a one and done movie.
I'd me more at peace if they just used vehicles from ANH/ESB era in Rebels, it's close enough in time frame. Or, at the very least come up with more interesting designs.
They're probably trying to tie it into R1 so much now because the series will end around the Battle of Scarif

Reaction score

Agreed. The longer I looked at them the less I cared if they ever made one.

Utinniii

Reaction score
My first thought was they were boring. However, they have an insane amount of details, many of which actually serve a useful function (since it is a real world vehicle at it's core).
Considering its purpose, I think adding those big guns really enhances it.

I will concede that it has less of a SW feel to it though.

Reaction score
Considering they couldn't even make this. I wonder if it would have been a good idea to reissue the Turbo Tank?
I know that I never wanted it, but it seems that it had its Fans. And since it was depicted as prison transport in Rogue One, there's the screen time.

Reaction score
My sons love it probably more than any other star wars toy we have.
Congratulations, you are being rescued!

Reaction score
The tank pilot in the Jedha revolt pack would have at least given us a hint at the possible vehicle, but we would have likely ended up with a $20 (under)scaled vehicle.

Reaction score
hmmmmm I'll have to see what it looks like and if it has any play features that are interesting.

Reaction score
My kid has already asked for this - first vehicle he's wanted as soon as he's seen images since the new films started. Likely to be the first one I'll pay full price for as well.

Reaction score
hmmmmm I'll have to see what it looks like and if it has any play features that are interesting.
Geared toward adult audience. Hopefully nothing cheesy like Nerf or similar atrocities. From the blue prints, it looks quite detailed and will include moving parts and Kyber Crystal crates.

Reaction score
Just saw the SDCC pics. I'm in! The cargo crates look pretty cool, hopefully all are removable. Most importantly, please, no Nerf!

Reaction score
wow this tanks looks really neat, havent seen up close shots but wow, looks very detailed it appears.... man this is too good to be true!

Reaction score
Speculation no longer, and getting the driver to boot. Now if only we could get better pictures.
Looks like we're getting the Driver AND the Commander! And the Driver is the single carded one for some reason? The photo on the card is just his little head poking out of that hole in the tank! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Geared toward adult audience. Hopefully nothing cheesy like Nerf or similar atrocities. From the blue prints, it looks quite detailed and will include moving parts and Kyber Crystal crates.
And the crystal crates have multiple parts compartments that hold a dozen tiny little crystals. The top is removable and the interior has its own tiny accessories including a cupholder and cup of coffee which apparently they actually included as an Easter egg in some cross section illustration.

This thing is insanely detailed. I'd almost say too detailed with so many minuscule parts. It'll take an hour to assemble out of the box. But I guess this is their way of signaling how collector oriented the line is.

Reaction score
It's not a hover tank.

The TX-225 GAVw "Occupier" combat assault tank,[1] also known as the TX-225A Occupier tank, or simply the Imperial combat assault tank, was a track-propelled ground assault vehicle used by the Galactic Empire,[2]
Hmm, I could have sworn that in some quick closeup in the movie it looked like the treads were floating an inch or two off the ground... have to go re watch the scenes

Reaction score
@gonkgonkgonk where are you getting this intel from? are you actually at the con? Sounds really good if we indeed get both a carded pilot and a pack-in commander. It seems Hasbro did confirm there wouldn't be any figure included with the vehicle itself due to pricing issues.

Reaction score
Really looking forward to this! I know some people think the design is boring, but that's part of why I like it so much. It looks more like a piece of army equipment that only exists to perform a specific set of functions, not look pretty. So, when I think of it along those lines, I think it's pretty awesome.

Plus, it could have been worse. It could have been this hideous thing:

Reaction score
@gonkgonkgonk where are you getting this intel from? are you actually at the con? Sounds really good if we indeed get both a carded pilot and a pack-in commander. It seems Hasbro did confirm there wouldn't be any figure included with the vehicle itself due to pricing issues.
Nope, but you can watch the entire panel where they show all this stuff on the Star Wars Action News Facebook page.

Reaction score
I have wanted this vehicle since I first saw it in the trailers and seeing how detailed the toy is going to be, I am over the moon. I am in for at least two of these - just need to start saving up now for the TVC relaunch and as I hardly buy anything these days, that should be easy... I heard 80.00?

Reaction score
Hmm, I could have sworn that in some quick closeup in the movie it looked like the treads were floating an inch or two off the ground... have to go re watch the scenes

Treads floating off the ground? Er....how would that ...make sense?

Reaction score
Treads floating off the ground? Er....how would that ...make sense?
lol Though i see what you mean in that instance, a mix of both technologies could benefit the vehicle in specific situations. Deep water is an example... though i seem to remember hearing somewhere hovering don't work over water but i can't remeber where :p

Reaction score
I do hope it gets released and they don't falter on it. Am pleased that they went the distance by making it in scale and having working tracks.

Reaction score
a cupholder and cup of coffee which apparently they actually included as an Easter egg in some cross section illustration.
I forgot about this and went back to the cross section illustration and saw the cup in the tank. :awesome:

Reaction score
Not sure if I missed more of the discussion, but they are using the term Hovertank and yet this vehicle has treads that you can not only see in the visual guide, but in the movie, there is a scene where a bomb is thrown and a shot of the underside of the tank shows treads. Not impossible to have both, but it seems some clarification is necessary.

Hopefully they can follow through with how perfect this vehicle looks... My Rogues will certainly be posed with this beauty on a shelf in the near future.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not sure if I missed more of the discussion, but they are using the term Hovertank and yet this vehicle has treads that you can not only see in the visual guide, but in the movie, there is a scene where a bomb is thrown and a shot of the underside of the tank shows treads. Not impossible to have both, but it seems some clarification is necessary.

Hopefully they can follow through with how perfect this vehicle looks... My Rogues will certainly be posed with this beauty on a shelf in the near future.
My understanding is that initial plans for the film were to have this actually be a Hovertank but plans changed along the way. Much of the naming conventions have remained though hence why Hasbro released a Hovertank Pilot in the 6" line and why there was confusion over the Scariff Trooper/Shoretrooper. Hope this helps

Chris

Reaction score
Maybe they have to be in tread mode when using the canon because it is too unstable when in hover mode. ;)

Reaction score

Actually in all the interviews with Steve Evans at ComicCon he referred to the vehicle as an "assault tank" and "assault tank driver", not hovertank. So I'd look for Hasbro to update the naming on these one TVC is out.

Reaction score
This vehicle makes the most sense, not only from a R1 POV, but also as a general Imperial tank that can be used in other SW skirmish reenactments, as it's fairly ubiquitous a vehicle.

Perfect choice, and should have been produced when R1 was being shown at the movies (IMO).