Imperial Assault Hovertank

Reaction score
This 10$ stock reminds me of true vintage days when my mom would take me to Kmart and there'd be an entire endcap of an overstock item out of production marked down cheap. I remember getting Vader's tie, imperial attck base, and jabba playset almost year after respective initial release. Tie though been 1982. I seem to remember us stopping by my aunt's house on our way home to see her new grandbaby that came home from hospital that morning.. And I was sitting at her kitchen table opening up tie box.

Reaction score
This tank is only $10.00 at 5 Below right now. I paid $80.00 for it and won't do that again. It shows me that Hasbro overproduced once again and my over eagerness cost me a lot. I will now wait for these vehicles to go to the clearance stores.

Reaction score
This tank is only $10.00 at 5 Below right now. I paid $80.00 for it and won't do that again. It shows me that Hasbro overproduced once again and my over eagerness cost me a lot. I will now wait for these vehicles to go to the clearance stores.
A lot of it was it never hit retail, kids can’t buy what they don’t see. Average kid isn’t checking these forums and sites. Although no parent in their right mind would have bought their kid an $80 toy like that.

Reaction score
I finally bit on one of these from an Amazon seller for $34. That seemed like a real good value. $10 for it is a steal. If I saw one, I might be tempted to get another just to have, as someone said earlier, more of the loose canisters and maybe to mess around with modding the rest of the tank.

Reaction score
I finally bit on one of these from an Amazon seller for $34. That seemed like a real good value. $10 for it is a steal. If I saw one, I might be tempted to get another just to have, as someone said earlier, more of the loose canisters and maybe to mess around with modding the rest of the tank.
I'm probably going to just end up buying 1 from Amazon too. FiveBelow is just not dependable for this stuff. Of the 4 surrounding stores, each has differnt setups and different stock. Sure some stuff overlaps, but most of what I'm looking for is hit and miss.

Reaction score
I bought my first one for around $40-$45. I have no regret at that price. My second was only $25. Even better deal for a fantastic vehicle. If these really do turn up in higher numbers at five below, I might just pick up a couple and send them to friends as gifts.

Reaction score
I wish we could get those kind of deals over here. At $10 a pop, i'd have a full battalion on the shelf instead of just one.

Reaction score
This is the exact reason why I'll NEVER buy another overpriced Hasbro vehicle ever again. This thing was obnoxiously over priced upon release and rotted online. Thank goodness it never made it out to proper mass retail in great numbers.

Reaction score
I hear everyone that is saying that $80 was way too much for this IAH vehicle. I agree completely that $40-$45 would have been a lot more reasonable.

However, please note that those of us who paid full price for this last year had no way of knowing the vehicle would go down in price so much. In fact, at the time I remember thinking that the vehicle would never hit brick & mortar retail stores to any great extent, and would be very HTF. Since I really wanted one, I paid full price and got this not long after it was released.

In actuality, it really sounds like the vehicle was way overproduced. Go figure - LOL.

Reaction score
I agree, but it's always a crapshoot if you want to chance on the "wait till the price drops". I did that for the Vintage Collection Twin Pod Cloud Car and Snowspeeder. Paid full price for the TPCC, found several of them in discount stores, but never got the retooled Snowspeeder...

Reaction score
I wish they made one. Star Wars is filled with vehicles that have done nothing cool but are still fun to have in toy form. And honestly, this was a simple one for Hasbro to make that required very little effort. Even so, they still let us down.
I need one or two of those tanks.

Reaction score
So if anyone with a permanent $10 5below wouldn't mind picking up 2 or 3 for me, please shoot me a pm!

Reaction score
I wish we could get those kind of deals over here. At $10 a pop, i'd have a full battalion on the shelf instead of just one.
Oh, yeah, it would be nice to get the overstock over here for such prices. It's just frustrating because I want to support the line, but when you see stuff like this, you think it might just be best to wait.

Reaction score
Oh, yeah, it would be nice to get the overstock over here for such prices. It's just frustrating because I want to support the line, but when you see stuff like this, you think it might just be best to wait.
Unfortunately these won’t last past tomorrow night. Black Friday is a beast. I’m out of town until Friday afternoon. I’m screwed.

Reaction score
I've checked 5 stores and none have the expanded toy display. There's 1 more store that could maybe have it, but I don't know if I can get there today. And like was mentioned, today is maybe it for these at FiveBelow with Black Friday hitting. They've restocked things in the past, but this seems like one of those things that is one and done.

Reaction score
I know you meant this as a joke, but - to be honest - stranger things have happened. This is a hell of a nice vehicle, and all who are passing on this now may regret it later.
I don't mean it as a joke. VC stuff gets blown out at retail and then absolutely skyrockets in price on the secondary market a couple years later.

Now, this isn't as iconic or in demand as, say, the Falcon or Slave I. But, heck, they coudn't give those away either at the time and look what those fetch on the secondary market today.

Reaction score
FOMO drove me to conduct a long-range Five Below patrol today. Braving the first rain of the season, which always serves as a liquid lobotomy for SoCal drivers, I checked ten stores. All ten had the $10 sections, but none had the tanks. I'm thinking they haven't made it out here yet - Seemed to me that it took a while for the 5POA Solo figures to show up, too. Spot-checks will continue. :D

Reaction score
FOMO drove me to conduct a long-range Five Below patrol today. Braving the first rain of the season, which always serves as a liquid lobotomy for SoCal drivers, I checked ten stores. All ten had the $10 sections, but none had the tanks. I'm thinking they haven't made it out here yet - Seemed to me that it took a while for the 5POA Solo figures to show up, too. Spot-checks will continue. :D
You will spend so much time$$$ and ga$$$ traveling to all those stores you will offset all the savings.

Reaction score
Damn, it really is a crapshoot. I've missed out on several BS 6" figures by not snapping them up the second I see them. Back in the day (when I has far less disposable income) I picked up TVC Jedi Luke, Wooof and Gamorrean Guard when they released. Left bartender R2 on the pegs to pick up at a later date. 8 or so years later, I still don't have one. I saw one at a show last Sunday for $75 but I can't justify that for an opener!

I'm glad I didn't pick this up at full price ($110 in Canada, iirc) but now I don't have a 5 below to go to. I'm sure there will be local avenues...

Reaction score
I got mine from walmart.com for $25, and I feel happy about that price. If I run into one for $10, I was thinking I could use a second-- one to carry the crates, the other to carry some troops.

Reaction score
Left bartender R2 on the pegs to pick up at a later date. 8 or so years later, I still don't have one. I saw one at a show last Sunday for $75 but I can't justify that for an opener!
For what it's worth, although that R2 has neat features, the features all work against itself. You can't turn the head with the sensor scope down, and if you want to retract the 3rd leg, the sensor scope pops up -- but the head still can't turn. Sometimes the little arm & cover on the front are fiddly, and will stick out rather than fold neatly away.

The R4-G9 (Ep3 preview figure) that was used for ages is much nicer, although it takes several head turns to make the 3rd leg move up/down. The Droid Factory astromechs have been pretty great, although almost all the Disney ones have holes in the top of the heads.