Imperial Assault Hovertank

Reaction score
I opened this thing tonight, and I don’t think anyone really knows just how incredible the detail and sculpting is unless you’ve seen it in-hand. I paid $80 months ago, and though I just now got to open it, it is well worth the money (especially at these sale prices I’m seeing online).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
No way.
$35-40 retail tops....and it should come with a figure at that price.
If it were 50% larger, fewer would complain because it’s “more plastic” (see the 6” line). But the fact is, more sculpting, detailing, paint ops, and overall care of went into making this vehicle. It is far more detailed and higher quality than 90% of the vehicles out there. Also, it’s 2019. Prices for these sorts of things are not what they’d be in 2005. Take a look at Disney’s Sandcrawler. It’s $100 and huge. But it’s completely devoid of any detail inside the vehicle. So $80 for a vehicle as nice as the tank is not far off the mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
If it were 50% larger, fewer would complain because it’s “more plastic” (see the 6” line). But the fact is, more sculpting, detailing, paint ops, and overall care of went into making this vehicle. It is far more detailed and higher quality than 90% of the vehicles out there. Also, it’s 2019. Prices for these sorts of things are not what they’d be in 2005....So $80 for a vehicle as nice as the tank is not far off the mark.
I have to grudgingly agree with this, and that's why I did shell out $80 (full price) for this vehicle late last Summer, when it was first released. Vehicles of this quality are few & far between in the SW line, which is why I jumped on this. And, I had no idea it would go down in price as much as it did :|

Reaction score
If they threw in a figure $80 would have been almost acceptable. Almost.

Reaction score
No way.
$35-40 retail tops....and it should come with a figure at that price.
I'm torn on this one. I agree that the $80 (for the US, outside it was even more expensive) was pretty hefty, even for such detail worked. I paid the full price because I wanted it and there wasn't much else out there anyway. However, when I see the price of the new skiff, I have to think Hasbro could have sold the tank for about $40 as well. There's a lot of detail in that skiff as well.

I think Hasbro was testing the waters on price and found out $80 was too much. Hopefully future vehicle releases will be more in line with what consumers are willing to pay.
I

Reaction score
The Sandcrawler does come with a new Jawa and Power Droid. But I agree that the tank really is a beautifully detailed vehicle. Ultimately, I did pass, due to price (there are, in my view, better things for $80). I do want one. I’ll eventually get one of these cheaper ones.

Reaction score
The Sandcrawler does come with a new Jawa and Power Droid. But I agree that the tank really is a beautifully detailed vehicle. Ultimately, I did pass, due to price (there are, in my view, better things for $80). I do want one. I’ll eventually get one of these cheaper ones.
Yeah, like the water bill and groceries, and freakin' socks!

Reaction score
Well, I was talking more about certain Last 17 figures, high-end custom figures, a complete wave of new TVC, or (my last two eBay purchases) a Marvel WWH Omnibus or compete run of Ultimate X-men TPBs 1-16. For me, each of those buys are better (yielding more value and pleasure) than the TIE.

But also socks, I guess, if you really want six pairs of Nike Elite Mids or Spark Wools. Frankly, I’d rather have the socks than this boring TIE. But as a said in my post, I’ll get a TIE eventually (like at Walmart for $19) and display it proudly (with a previously-purchased pilot) until its wings fall off.

Reaction score
Heads-up: I saw one of these IAH in Frye's Electronics several weeks back. IIRC it was about $40-$50. This was the first time I've seen this in a brick & mortar retail store.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Amazon seems to be out of stock at the $39.99 price, now seeing it from between $49-$69 at other online e-tailers.

Reaction score
I wasn't even thinking about the Hovertank until you posted the 59% off. That got me. I did see a review of it and was quite impressed with the effort that went into it. But I'm also a sucker for clearances and deep discounts.

Reaction score
Arrived today. Box looks great. Has a minor Chinese sticker on the back Not sure if I can remove it easily. Otherwise, it looks very nice. It was packaged nicely.

Reaction score
Ditto, me too today from BBTS...most impressive for $35. Did they ever do a 3.75” Stormtrooper with the kyber backback?

Reaction score
Stormtrooper with Kyber backpack ? What does that look like? I did get a Scarif trooper while ordering from BBT. I also preordered some Hovertank troopers. Driver and Gunner/Commander.

Reaction score
A backpack from the GIJoe figure Spirit would be an easy place to start customizing that pack. The bottom is basically the same, but he's got dart racks where the Stormtrooper's canister racks are. Spirit's modern backpack versions are a bit large, but the dart racks are removable.

Back to the tank: I found a photo of the base vehicle, the Alvis Stormer, they used to build the prop tank, and the mount on the commander's hatch is a light machine gun mount in real life. I'm not sure if a DLT-19 (heavy blaster) or a T-21 (light repeating) is a better fit, but I thought I'd seen someone mount a blaster rifle there and it makes sense.

Last edited: