Imperial Assault Hovertank

Reaction score
They did not ever seem to make it to the stores around here in North Carolina, just found on online.

Reaction score
Finally got one for the $37 price, this thing is a paradox in that it's really small yet spacious enough for what it is. When I saw the box I thought this thing would take up a good chunk of it, finally ripping it open it was surprising how tiny it truly is. Yet it still looks great loaded up with troops, and the pilots look proportional riding in it. Definitely would have been pissed paying $80, but $40 definitely feels right.

Reaction score
Yeah I agree...def wasn’t going to pay $80 for this thing. I ordered mine last night on Wal-Mart.com. For $40 it was worth it. Plus 2 day free shipping. Can’t complain about that.

Reaction score
It's 29.99 at Best Buy with Free Shipping.

Applied a $5 coupon to drop it to $26 including tax. Pretty sweet deal for a Vintage collection vehicle. :D

Now if we can get the TIE Fighter at a lower price

Reaction score
I bought a second. Why the hell not for that price.

Im with you Darthisko, hoping the Tie drops and I’ll grab one

Reaction score
Grabbed mine from Amazon for 29.99. Patience & perseverance...plus, it wasn’t worth $80 in the first place.

Reaction score
How have you guys been displaying this thing? I seem to be using it as more of a troop transport than a Kyber Crystal carrier. Obviously I appreciate the Kyber crates and fine detail into them but having them loaded up on back of the tank kind of makes it too scene specific for me. Plus the crates make for nice dio pieces away from the tank.

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I
How have you guys been displaying this thing? I seem to be using it as more of a troop transport than a Kyber Crystal carrier. Obviously I appreciate the Kyber crates and fine detail into them but having them loaded up on back of the tank kind of makes it too scene specific for me. Plus the crates make for nice dio pieces away from the tank.
I've gotten 3 displayed so far, 2 packed to the brim with troopers flanking a center with the Kyber crystals. This way a junk ambush by some scummy rebels like on Jedha doesn't happen again..

Reaction score
Several points:

1) For a toy that hasn't been available at any of the big box brick & mortar stores (Wal-mart, Target, etc.) they produced a lot more of this vehicle than I would have thought. Back when this was released in August, I suspected that there weren't that many made - due to this mainly being available online.

2) I had absolutely no clue that this vehicle would go down in price so significantly. At this point, you can get this for less than half the original retail price - and it's only been about 4 months after it was first released.

Reaction score
Several points:

1) For a toy that hasn't been available at any of the big box brick & mortar stores (Wal-mart, Target, etc.) they produced a lot more of this vehicle than I would have thought. Back when this was released in August, I suspected that there weren't that many made - due to this mainly being available online.

2) I had absolutely no clue that this vehicle would go down in price so significantly. At this point, you can get this for less than half the original retail price - and it's only been about 4 months after it was first released.
I am really at a loss of words. Rogue One was a GREAT movie, this tank looks so cool in the movie, I just wonder, if this would have been been actually available at retail, sales could/would have been better.

I mean i never saw this anywhere, never at Target, never at Wal-mart, in fact TIE Fighters have shown up but no tanks. I have seen this tank, ONCE, at Barnes And Noble, thats it!
I

Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
I am really at a loss of words. Rogue One was a GREAT movie, this tank looks so cool in the movie, I just wonder, if this would have been been actually available at retail, sales could/would have been better.

I mean i never saw this anywhere, never at Target, never at Wal-mart, in fact TIE Fighters have shown up but no tanks. I have seen this tank, ONCE, at Barnes And Noble, thats it!
I
I feel like Hasbro has been playing catch up since TFA. Movie product is coming out 8-12 months or more from its release in theaters. They way Hasbro produces product for a movie needs to be changed.

Reaction score
I feel like Hasbro has been playing catch up since TFA. Movie product is coming out 8-12 months or more from its release in theaters. They way Hasbro produces product for a movie needs to be changed.
It takes 12-18 months from concept and design to product on store shelves. With a new movie coming out each December for the last three years, Hasbro had to pick and choose what to produce. With the break until December of 2019, this will hopefully give them some time to clear out some backlog.

Reaction score
Sadly though, by the time a new movie comes out. They've already decided who's gonna be in the line for the movie next after it. lol
It always seems too late to before its too late. Having these movies every year is what creates problems for both the movies and the figure lines.

Reaction score
I will stop at 4 opened probably and keep one MIB like I haven currently. That Walmart price of $37 was just too good to pass up, so I had to get one plus another Range Trooper, can never have enough of those.

Reaction score
I got mine the other day from amazon for $40.
First thought...I can't believe how small this thing is. I would be extremely upset if I paid a penny more than I did for it, let alone full retail. This thing is barely worth $35-40. If it would have come out during the days of TAC, it would have been a $35 retail exclusive and come with at least one super articulated figure.

Reaction score
Well, you can always buy a few for $35 and store them MIB until they appreciate in 4 years for double that price.

Reaction score
^ ahh the good old days. When Hasbro cared.
I recently moved and I've been unpacking and displaying a good chunk of my collection. The quality of ten years ago to the "quality" of now cannot even be compared. The Delta and ETA Jedi Starfighters of circa 2007 are so heavy and sturdy when compared to the pliable, undersized vehicles made in the past couple of years. It's hard to believe it's the same company.

Reaction score
I recently moved and I've been unpacking and displaying a good chunk of my collection. The quality of ten years ago to the "quality" of now cannot even be compared. The Delta and ETA Jedi Starfighters of circa 2007 are so heavy and sturdy when compared to the pliable, undersized vehicles made in the past couple of years. It's hard to believe it's the same company.
Thankfully this tank is quite burley and uses solid plastics all around.

Reaction score
Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I
Yessssss! Man, feels good to hear that another fellow collector that is army building with these tanks! We should get our tanks and crews together to make a huge platoon!!!

I mean, this tank is absolutely gorgeous in detail, I love the packaging on the box, I liked how it looked in the movie, god now I have to get tank crews again lol
Hoth.... i hate you...lol.... I've been spending the past 2 weeks telling myself..6 is fine... 6 is enough. Then i start remembering the TV show 8 is enough.. then I keep telling myself.. .."Well I mean.. Hoth has 8 of them.. so I mean I'm not the first guy to get that many.... L-Look at Jake James on FB.. h-hes got an army to...... i ... guess .. i can get 1 more. ... j-just one.... now I have 8. .... probably going to wind up with either 10 or a dozen to make it nice and even.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had a price drop notification set on this item at Amazon, but even then I could not pull the trigger. Somehow, it does not look Star Wars to me, although it's a great toy.
Something in the back of my mind says I need the space for future Haslab creations!

Reaction score
Exactly. It's like it was made by an entirely different company.
Hopefully it's an indicator of what we can expect going forward.
The newest Transformers are of a similar higher quality again. They got extremely light and hollow over the last couple years, but the new stuff feels solid and the paint apps have dramatically improved. I'm a fan.

Only if you don't mind paying triple for your toys.
You can have cheap or you can have quality. You can't have both. This is the world we live in. Labor costs have risen, materials prices have risen. To maintain those lower price-points meant something had to give, and even then the prices were still rising. I'd rather pay a bit more prices to have something of quality.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hoth.... i hate you...lol.... I've been spending the past 2 weeks telling myself..6 is fine... 6 is enough. Then i start remembering the TV show 8 is enough.. then I keep telling myself.. .."Well I mean.. Hoth has 8 of them.. so I mean I'm not the first guy to get that many.... L-Look at Jake James on FB.. h-hes got an army to...... i ... guess .. i can get 1 more. ... j-just one.... now I have 8. .... probably going to wind up with either 10 or a dozen to make it nice and even.
sorry bro! lol See what happens,,, I mean I get the same feeling from reading about your tank legion you have, and I am like, "hey, nothing wrong with what I have assembled" my problem is now where the heck do I line these guys out to keep them displayed lol MAn, tho, these were really built well by Hasbro!!

Reaction score
I found a couple of these at Toys R Us for $50 Canadian (down from the regular $150 retail). I thought about getting it, but put it back on the shelf. It's a cool looking vehicle, but at the same time seems fairly boring.

Reaction score
This tank is a great toy. I've only got one, so I'm tempted to buy a second one @ the much lower price it's going for - it would be nice to have two. But, I just don't have room for this.

Reaction score
This tank is a great toy. I've only got one, so I'm tempted to buy a second one @ the much lower price it's going for - it would be nice to have two. But, I just don't have room for this.
I'm kind of in the same boot. At this point in my collecting career, I'm trying to focus on quality over quantity. I'd also have to hope I came upon a stash of Tank Drivers to crew a second tank. I've got two of the 5 POA ones and one TVC driver. I'll get the commander as well, so 2 of 3 in the tank crew will be SA.
I

Reaction score
I'm kind of in the same boot. At this point in my collecting career, I'm trying to focus on quality over quantity. I'd also have to hope I came upon a stash of Tank Drivers to crew a second tank. I've got two of the 5 POA ones and one TVC driver. I'll get the commander as well, so 2 of 3 in the tank crew will be SA.
I
I know what you mean. I have so many toys (not just Star Wars) that I couldn't hope to possibly open them all and display them. I simply don't have the room unless I turned my house into a toy museum of sorts. I wish I had a basement with lots of room to spread out and create dioramas.

Reaction score
Haven't checked since yesterday, but Amazon has/had?! these tanks for about $50 each - I feel that's a good price for a toy that was originally $80 - which is what I paid for this last August :(

Never heard of Waldeal, and I would question that low of a price for this toy, anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I won’t be getting this until I can afford it. Although I do have a 5 POA tank driver, I’ll probably put old school AT-AT drivers in it. If the hover tank driver is the same class as the AT-DP driver than he may end up in my Kenner Assault Transport with some Scarrif troopers riding shotgun.