Imperial Assault Hovertank

Reaction score
I wish they made one. Star Wars is filled with vehicles that have done nothing cool but are still fun to have in toy form. And honestly, this was a simple one for Hasbro to make that required very little effort. Even so, they still let us down.
Im still waiting on The Ghost(for the love of god it should have been what the Hero Series Falcon was), The Rebels 2 seater B-Wing prototype and Sabine's Tie-Fighter...

Reaction score
You are going to be waiting for some time. We have a better chance of Disney releasing a Ghost similar to the starspeeder than Hasbro.

Reaction score
After seeing the movie, I can't say than any vehicle was that memorable or interesting. Outside of the DS and SD's of course!
Nothing really appealed to me the way the Millennium Falcon did/has. They don't seem to bother to give anything a history or background. Even Cassian didn't have a ship of his own. Though I guess since everyone seemingly dies, they felt it wasn't worth getting to know anyone or anything about them...

Reaction score
After reading about this vehicle a bit more in the ROGUE ONE Ultimate Visual Guide I'm sold on it as a vehicle concept for the Hasbro 3.75" figure system. I think the tracks are fine, especially since we've seen tracked vehicles in the Star Wars universe before in the form of the Sandcrawler. And I'd also like to see it come with those armored cargo boxes, complete with their cargo of Kyber crystals.

Reaction score
I would buy SO many of these. Especially if they trick us like Lego did and only offer one orange Kyber crate i would have to buy several to stock up on those crates alone. I want a bunch. Im actually working on building a somewhat full size replica Kyber crate for a 2nd toy box to accompany my 1:1 Imperial scanning crew toy box.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I would buy SO many of these. Especially if they trick us like Lego did and only offer one orange Kyber crate i would have to buy several to stock up on those crates alone. I want a bunch. Im actually working on building a somewhat full size replica Kyber crate for a 2nd toy box to accompany my 1:1 Imperial scanning crew toy box.
I'm looking forward to seeing that.
The new visual guide has a couple of good pics of it. If you are willing to wait a week or so, I (with the help of Mufak!) am making a paper model version of it and hopefully it will be done by then.

Reaction score
If they do come out with one of these at some point and it's fit to scale with the 3.75 figures, I may consider purchasing one as well as the upcoming Jedha Revolt 4-pack. But without any more figures of Saw's militia, I'm sort of ignoring characters seen on Jedha for now.

Reaction score
It would be a great excuse for Hasbro to reuse the old GIJoe MOBAT tank again. They love to reissue it, just make a new top half for it that looks like the hovertank.

Reaction score
I hope it is made, but knowing Hasbro they'll include the NERF projectile thing. Either way the line does feel incomplete without it right now.

Utinniii

Reaction score
The Hasbro toy will be disappointingly small. To be in scale, it needs to be about 8x19 inches long.
Good news!
A fellow Scummer is willing to help me with my paper model. Hopefully, it will be done as soon as he has free time.

Reaction score
What 'real life' vehicle frame was this built over? There've been quite a few 1/18 scale tanks from various Company's over the years. If you could find one which closely approximates the 'base vehicle' then I guess it would be possible to customise one.

Utinniii

Reaction score
I'm not sure you can though (or it would matter which tank you used). In my pic above, that tank doesn't have the depressionneeded for the flatbed. It is only half the length of what it should be. It would be easier to build the shell from scratch than make it fit on the toy.
You can only see the bottom of the treads so any scale tank would work. I suppose greeblies from a tank model would help though.

Reaction score
Yep that's it. They simply covered the tracks and added a gun to the front. Sadly, being a support vehicle, there's no model of any scale I could find for it.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Yep that's it. They simply covered the tracks and added a gun to the front. Sadly, being a support vehicle, there's no model of any scale I could find for it.

Dollaramma
has a tank where the front is similar. It has the ribbed front ends sticking out and the main body is pretty flat. There would need to be a lot of modifications to it. I don't have a great camera to take pics. It is NOT the tank in my above pic.

Reaction score
Well given the recent news of the Raddus wave, I'm filing this vehicle under "not happening". Unless they do an FO version in the next film, or it pops up in the Han Solo movie, I imagine we're not seeing it in plastic.

Reaction score
The thing about it though is that the tank was used in R1. it doesn't need to be really big. Big enough for 2 figures to ride inside of it and the back holds 3 of those containers.

Reaction score
Well given the recent news of the Raddus wave, I'm filing this vehicle under "not happening". Unless they do an FO version in the next film, or it pops up in the Han Solo movie, I imagine we're not seeing it in plastic.

Whats the latest news about the Raddus wave? :\

Reaction score
Supposedly they will only be available through online retailers, the stores won't get them

Yeah just read that in the Rogue One toy thread.

Kinda sucks but at least we still have a chance of getting them.

Galen and Raddus both look like excellent figures. :p

Reaction score
Yeah just read that in the Rogue One toy thread.

Kinda sucks but at least we still have a chance of getting them.

Galen and Raddus both look like excellent figures. :p
Yeah and like everyone is saying it would take them forever to show up in the stores anyway at the rate they are going. I'll definitely be buying all 3 when they are available

Utinniii

Reaction score
The thing about it though is that the tank was used in R1. it doesn't need to be really big. Big enough for 2 figures to ride inside of it and the back holds 3 of those containers.

Even if you shortened it, it would be a minimum of 10 inches long. Each crate is 2" wide(deep). It would really loose it's shape if it was distorted to be smaller. The thing really needs to be around 18" long.

Reaction score
Yeah and like everyone is saying it would take them forever to show up in the stores anyway at the rate they are going. I'll definitely be buying all 3 when they are available

Where I live in Australia the only store that seems to have got R1 wave 2 in has been Toys R Us.

The rest of the retail stores are hopeless! :disgusted:

Was like that alot with the final wave of TFA figures too but I never saw them anywhere until a month or so ago at a discount store. :rolleyes:

Utinniii

Reaction score
If it is any consolation, that is how I usually buy my Marvel figures. Some waves rarely appear in WM or TRU.

But back on topic, Hasbro wouldn't do this thing justice even if they made it. It would most likely be grossly underscaled.
My scaling might be a bit off but I think it is pretty close. There is a shot of a Stormtrooper leaning against a Kyber crate. I based my scale from that.

The driver head in front would probably be the trigger for the nerf gun in the centre.

Utinniii

Reaction score
For anyone that wants one, I found I cheap tank by Montoy that actually does a good job of it.

It actually fills the footprint very well. The tread line up pretty darn close.

It wouldn't be too hard to just add the triangle part for the 2 troopers.

Reaction score
Where did you find that Montoy tank? It looks very close to the hover tank profile

Reaction score
I don't know were that one was found. But similar toys are usually in that "Junk toy" aisle, with Army Men and other bagged toys. Or you could try a Dollar Store equivalent in you locale.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Where did you find that Montoy tank? It looks very close to the hover tank profile

Dollaramma for four dollars. (sticker is in first photo, but I could have also mentioned that.) They come in green and brown.

Reaction score
I would buy one (if it had no Nerf feature as well)!
I'm totally with you on that, nerf has killed some great vehicles lately....I can't even bring myself to get the Episode VII Falcon out of the box.

I'd 100% buy a tank though...they looked cool on screen

Reaction score
I'm totally with you on that, nerf has killed some great vehicles lately....I can't even bring myself to get the Episode VII Falcon out of the box.

I'd 100% buy a tank though...they looked cool on screen

The nerf cannon isn't that bad on the Falcon as it remains well hidden.

Utinniii

Reaction score
If someone wanted to customize this in an easy way, it doesn't look that bad.

Having looked at this more closely, there is actually a tonne of detail on it.

BTW the tank has something inside of it so it makes a VREEEEEEEeeeeeeeeee sound.