Imperial Assault Hovertank

GNT

Reaction score
I believe Hasbro have commented that we wouldn't be seeing the Imperial Assault Hovertank this year at least but maybe down the track we will. Is the Imperial Assault Hovertank a vehicle you'd purchase if Hasbro made it?

Reaction score
Yes, I would buy this. It appears to be some kind of armored transport rather than a true tank. So it'd be cool if those orange containers were removable and the vehicle could then double as a small troop transport to get some extra play value out of the toy.

Reaction score
Hasbro has an opportunity to make something on the smaller side, simple design and no need for bells and whistles and yet they take a pass for 2016? Hell, its their dream come true, all gray with little need for additional paint! So odd.

Reaction score
Like the cruise missile trooper? That would be awful! But well within the realm of Hasbro's thought process

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the report I saw had Hasbro saying "no plans", but also not ruling it out.

This seems like a worthwhile distinction to make, since I bet a lot of collectors would see "not in 2016" and just assume it'll be a Q1 or Q2 of next year release. It's a hugely "toyetic" design, an easily handled size, and offers an obvious pairing with a great potentially exclusive figure, so that kind of speculation would make vastly more sense than any alternative. But apparently Hasbro has taken zero steps towards making it available.

That said, if the report was misleading, or if they simply get talked into it and get it out there in 2018, I too would be down for one.

Reaction score
I would definitely buy a number of these at full price. I think this is such a cool vehicle and it should have been available on FF this year. The fact that Hasbro didn't make this and doesn't have any plans for it at this point is a really bad joke or a nightmare. It's really hard to believe that this vehicle isn't leading the way in the Class II Deluxe line or whatever it's called.

However, with Hasbro basically saying they aren't making 3.75" stuff for collectors, I guess someone will need to get a bunch of kids to start a petition to get this thing made.

Reaction score
What really gets me is, they have no plans to make this yet how many vehicles did they give us in the TFA line that were either cut from the film or not even ever in it at all? Hasbro :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Well, it's odd that they announced the Tank Driver figure, but not the Tank. I mean that's beautiful logic right there! :confused:

Reaction score
When I look at their vehicle line-up for the fall, outside of the bigger stuff, there isn't really anything connected to RO. They have TFA stuff that could be re-released next year for E VIII, yet they don't have this hovertank at all. I think the MM line or whatever it's called has this vehicle, so Hasbro must have had some pics for them to make those. That this hasn't even been planned is jus mind-boggling.

Reaction score
This was one I was very much hoping they would make. I thought it would be a no-brainer.

Reaction score
Kids just don't like vehicles just like playsets. They just want their figures to stand around and look at each other with their arms raised.

Reaction score
Best place for them, it hides the fact that they're missing 90% of their articulation.

Reaction score
I do have to say that most of the 5POA seem to sit better than the SA figures. Example is the Tie Fighter pilot that came with the Tie Striker vs the SA one from the Legacy line.

Reaction score
Spoiler maybe:

Spoiler:  
Unless I missed it, this isn't actually in the film, right?

Reaction score
Spoiler maybe:

Spoiler:  
  Spoiler:  
It was definitely in the Jedha incursion. It was the focal point for the first half of that battle. One of the insurgents throws a grenade at it, and I think Jyn takes out the gunner.

Reaction score
Spoiler maybe:

Spoiler:  
  Spoiler:  
It was as clear as day for about 10 minutes and part of a major set piece on Jedha : |

Did you pop out the screening for some reason?

Reaction score
Spoiler maybe:

Spoiler:  
  Spoiler:  
It wasn't in the film if you fell asleep for 15 minutes in the middle of it!

It's the vehicle attacked by Saw's soldiers in Jedha just before Jyn Cassian and co end up in Saw's HQ cell

Reaction score
Yep you guys are right. I think I was so overwhelmed with what was going on and I don't remember that sequence properly.

I need to go see the film again to take it all in! :sneaky:

Reaction score
The Hovertank stuff was very misleading as the one in the movie is a tracked tank. Pablo's Visual book has two models of this tank, one that has standard tank treads and one that hovers. The one that hovers was never in the finished film.

Reaction score
Do either of them actually have a turret or in any way resemble a tank? The one I have seen pics of looks more like a cargo hauler and has the guns in the worst possible location for being effective in combat.

Reaction score
No, both models of the TX-225 Occupier are identical apparently except for one has tracks(the standard called TX-225 GAVw) the other replaces the track with the repulsorlifts to hover (TX-225 GAVr). For the profile this tank appears to be a combat assault tank oddly enough when it seems more like an APC minus trooper storage although it seems its main duty is transportation of heavy payloads. The cannons are supposed to be very powerful. I think the Clone Wars tank(one from battlefront) or the the AAT was much better.

Reaction score
The Hovertank stuff was very misleading as the one in the movie is a tracked tank. Pablo's Visual book has two models of this tank, one that has standard tank treads and one that hovers. The one that hovers was never in the finished film.
I don't recall seeing the treads in the film, but it certainly moved like it had treads. Obviously not very mobile or "hovery".

Reaction score
I never noticed that, I want one now! The idea of a Toy tank with working threads has me all flustered.

Reaction score
Before I saw R1 I was going to build this but seeing it in action didn't impress me.
This has become my refrain for almost every vehicle released in the last few years. Kind of regretting the money spent on the TIE Striker after the little time it had to shine in the movie.

Reaction score
I wish they made one. Star Wars is filled with vehicles that have done nothing cool but are still fun to have in toy form. And honestly, this was a simple one for Hasbro to make that required very little effort. Even so, they still let us down.

Reaction score
Before I saw R1 I was going to build this but seeing it in action didn't impress me. I'd rather build the Tie Striker variant or a different vehicle than this first.
I'm the same way. I was bummed they didn't make this but after seeing the movie I don't really care to have it.