I'll be in Salt Lake/Provo for a week _ What to do

Reaction score
I\'ll be in Salt Lake/Provo for a week _ What to do

My sister is getting married the first week in August in Salt Lake, are there any good shops that I need to check out? I collect a good mix of vintage & modern with a few comics mixed in.

Reaction score
Re: I\'ll be in Salt Lake/Provo for a week _ What to do

Not really. Salt Lake/Provo doesn't have anything going on in the way of toys except the regular old big 4 stores.

Reaction score

Well since our WMs and TRUs are still filled with the Hoth wave I'll be happy to see anything on the pegs. We're about 5 waves back up here in Canada.

Reaction score

cash_fan said:
Well since our WMs and TRUs are still filled with the Hoth wave I'll be happy to see anything on the pegs. We're about 5 waves back up here in Canada.
If you just hit Target, Wal-Mart, and TRU you be be caught up in no time.

Reaction score
Re: I\'ll be in Salt Lake/Provo for a week _ What t

Hesters Hobby and Dr. Volt comics are pretty cool places to check out.

Reaction score

pixletwin said:
Do you mean Hastur Games and Comics? If so, you might as well save the trip. You won't find much in the way of Star Wars there.

Reaction score

Yeah, I can never find anything really interesting in Provo. I'm not in Salt Lake much, I just stick around my school in Provo. Still, the Toys R Us in Orem is pretty good, as is the monster WalMart in Orem.

Reaction score

Well I didn't hit any of the comic shops but just the usuall big stores. The store I had the most luck at was ShopKo (?). Found Cody, Clone, & Scorch all of which I couldn't find up here in Canada.

Oh and I did hit the nickel arcade in Orem/Provo and had a great time there. What a great idea. Especially since it had my two favorite games; Mrs Pac Man & Mortal Kombat 3.

Reaction score

Glad to hear you had a good time and managed to score some new stuff while you were here.

Reaction score

Yeah that's awesome--I hit the arcade a lot when I'm up at the Y, it's a great cheap date that people love!

Reaction score

The_Chosen_1 said:
pixletwin said:
Do you mean Hastur Games and Comics? If so, you might as well save the trip. You won't find much in the way of Star Wars there.
You are sure right there... The hobby/comic stores here don't sell anything worth my time (as far as higher end SW collectibles go). Glad you had a good time and were able to find some cool stuff.

The Wal-Mart in Midvale had the unleashed ROTJ Luke and ESB Vader for sale $20 each. I almost bought them. Almost...

Reaction score

I'll probaly be back down for conference in the spring (if our stake gets any tickets) and do it all over again. I had a good time. The only other time I was there I was in the MTC so I didn't get to see or do much.