Igor steps down

Reaction score
it sort of makes sense. the coronavirus is hitting the disney parks pretty hard, which causes "uncertainty"; the MCU has had their 'endgame' and there's no certainty that 'Eternals' will resonate with audiences the way Avengers did (the MCU is at a point where they need to start all over again); SW has ALSO had its 'endgame' and there's no certainty that the interconnected High Republic storytelling will resonate with audiences, at all (SW is at a point where they need to start all over again) -- it's actually a good time to get out. if he quits NOW then he can take credit for ALL the major successes of the past decade, without ANY risk, moving forward into this new era of 'uncertainty' on so many fronts -- if the new era(s) of MCU and SW fall flat, then he can always just blame the NEXT guy. LOL

Last edited:
Reaction score
I sure hope this "pandemic" is resolved by April, when I planned my trip to Disneyland. Or at the very least there may be less people attending.

I was a bit shocked at this announcement, felt out of the blue when you consider previous comments about how he sees his role regarding Star Wars.

But it does make sense to get out while on top.

Reaction score
The MCU still makes bank, but it's their cash cow now. I honestly never thought it possible to dethrone SW as king of the film franchises, but it would appear Marvel did it. The issue is, the futures of both these seem...uncertain now. We know Marvel is getting a boatload of more films, sure, but it doesn't appear to be with as many popular characters. Does anyone really care that much for Captain Marvel, I love Dr. Strange but he doesn't seem immensely popular, Black Widow is just a lackluster project, and Eternals? They still have some heavy hitters, Black Panther comes to mind, but most the roles people went to these movies for are gone/retired. I suppose that isn't Feige's fault, it's just that some actors wanted to move on. I'm sure they'll still make enough to do fine, but I could see the MCU finally fizzling in the next five years. Because I mean they're banking on X-Men and FF for the future, but FF just isn't popular anymore and we've already HAD Fox's X-men AND A REBOOT of them too.

As for SW, well it seems the Mando is carrying them. However, like said, the films seemed SO split with people that honestly, I don't blame him for wanting to go into dodge mode. I mean heck, there was a time when a SW film and the term box office flop were oxymorons. Disney found a way to do just that.

Reaction score
I could see Star Wars potentially still have hurdles. But marvel should do fine, as long as they go with the right characters. Thee are dozens of things they could do now that the "Space" has been opened up. Maybe that's how they plan to use the Eternals, to introduce those characters,

But having almost all of your "A Team" leave does hinder your team's performance. I honestly feel they should be doing a Kang story line.

As for the new acquisitions i could go another 5 years before I see another X-Men film, I'm just too burnt out on the mediocrity. FF4 may be into as I haven't been inundated to death by them yet. So long as they don't try to be different/edgy with the cast/team and scope.

Reaction score
I could see Star Wars potentially still have hurdles. But marvel should do fine, as long as they go with the right characters. Thee are dozens of things they could do now that the "Space" has been opened up. Maybe that's how they plan to use the Eternals, to introduce those characters,

But having almost all of your "A Team" leave does hinder your team's performance. I honestly feel they should be doing a Kang story line.

As for the new acquisitions i could go another 5 years before I see another X-Men film, I'm just too burnt out on the mediocrity. FF4 may be into as I haven't been inundated to death by them yet. So long as they don't try to be different/edgy with the cast/team and scope.
Agree with every word, Marvel will still preform...and big number too...just without those A-Listers, might not AS big. They're going to be pushing the B-team into the front-lines now and while they also seem beloved, my concern is they're not as beloved unless tag teamed with the likes of, say, Iron Man and Cap. Heck Thor seems pretty much out or least on vacation with a Jane stand-in, Widow is dead and reserved to a prequel, Hulk is wounded (though I think he will be healed), even their fan-favorite villain is lost in another timeline...though possibly he could still return to main timeline too.

I remember we were talking a WHILE ago now that Kang just MAKES SENSE to be coming. Just utterly adds up and technically speaking if introducing him, which is is now (from what I understand) darn near CONFIRMED he's coming in Loki and FF, with him in the mix you could technically bring in alternate timelines into the main timeline. Same with what Strange is doing. So I mean technically, with this premise he presents, really you could even bring the likes of young Cap and Tony back. It's just that is a huge gamble IMO. I mean I always hated the INFAMOUS trend in comics to do an emotional and powerful death scene...for it to be rendered utterly pointless when they inevitably return a few years later. I also get some IN COMICS just are to big TO stay dead, but movies are different. It seems they're really counting on Spider-Man at the moment.

See for me, I actually really loved Days of Future Past. Have some issues, but over-all I enjoyed. But then....after Apocalypse, I just lost all interest on x-men properties for a while. I'll get back there, just....break time. I was so letdown by Apocalypse, I didn't even SEE Dark Phoenix. And that's me talking, one of the resident biggest Rebelscum Marvel fans. I see nearly all these flicks, even the bad ones, but Apocalypse was just sooooooo bad I checked out.

FF I'm oddly more excited for. I feel bad for them, they're really just not big anymore. But if they actually get done right on film, which is soooooo funny to me that the BEST one is STILL the freaking Roger Corman one (how is that even possible?), so just the idea of at long last a quality FF does interest me.

SW I think they just totally overdid. SW isn't Marvel. You can get a cornucopia of themes and flavors and characters. It's NEARLY unable to over-saturate because it's so broad, hence why multiple a year seem to work and people aren't burnt out. Guardians is NOTHING like Dr. Strange, for example, Winter Soldier is nothing like Ragnarok. SW is more streamlined IMO...or at least SHOULD be. Rian at least tried something different, but then he that dilemma of doing something TOO different that it just didn't feel like SW to me. It just didn't work for a lot of fans and I just don't think they've recovered yet. Sure the Mando is a mega-hit, but television is a very different medium. In some ways, at least for some stories, I think it's actually a better medium. Things like Daredevil on Netflix and the Mando I think are among the best works Disney has made with her properties.

Reaction score
I'm not interested in any more superhero movies. MCU ended with Endgame (as mediocre as that movie was), and the only thing I'm interested in for the future is Rocket Raccoon. Srsly. I have absolutely no idea who all these "new MCU heroes" are (hey, I didn't know half of the CURRENT lineup before the movies), and superhero movies are just too formulaic, relying on camp, arbitrary, stuffed with cross references... not my cup of tea.

I can go very well without any X-Men, FF, or - for what it's worth - DC superheroes for the rest of my life.

SW might as well be dead. The ST was a cinematic failure. The Mandalorian seems to be beloved because it triggers the nostalgia factor. Disney failed to introduce new heroes and a future-oriented concept (for the love of Dog, even their newest book effort points to the PAST), redefined the Skywalker Saga to the Palpatine Saga, and killed off any goodwill they had. Their crass commercial effort to promote Batuu throughout all media (which was not all bad) did not catch on as much as they thought. At this point in time, my investment in SW is just no longer as great as it used to be.

Apparently, their best business at the moment are realistically animated or RL versions of their old animation hits. Duh. Good luck with that.

Reaction score
I'm not interested in any more superhero movies.
I loved sci-fi in the end of the 70's and throughout the 80's because everyone was trying to make the next hit like 'Star Wars'. There were all these one-off sci-fi movies like The Last Star fighter or Enemy Mine, and a few well placed bulls-eyes like Alien or Blade Runner. Then the era of endless sequels began. Then when we were sequel'd to death, the prequels began. I'd like to go back to the era of the original sci-fi films trying to score a 'one-off hit'.

Reaction score
That's not possible anymore though, or they wouldn't be so invested in reboots of original stories. It's gotten so bad that now they're even rebooting older shows that weren't really that good. Like Walker Texas ranger. Seriously? Look, I thought it was okay back then, well because it was Chuck Norris.
But he honesty wasn't that great at acting, and felt like more of a ham fest than actual drama. But I digress.

It seems like every time a studio tries to go the fresh take route, it's poorly received. Why I honestly don't know. With reboots they are hoping to capitalize on built in audiences, good or bad it usually get butts in seats.

Reaction score
SW I think they just totally overdid. SW isn't Marvel. You can get a cornucopia of themes and flavors and characters. It's NEARLY unable to over-saturate because it's so broad, hence why multiple a year seem to work and people aren't burnt out. Guardians is NOTHING like Dr. Strange, for example, Winter Soldier is nothing like Ragnarok.
Has anyone noticed how similar the worlds of super heroes is to 'professional' wrestling? When I was younger, I remember friends discussing things like 'which super hero was the best', and thinking "gee, this sounds like that other conversation they were having about 'Hulk Hogan vs Randy Savage'" It was at that moment that I first got a sense of just how psychologically manipulative the world of entertainment is. We rag on movies for making it too obvious that they borrowed from another movie's story, but the truth is... at some level of subtlety, we gobble up regurgitated entertainment all the time.

Reaction score
Probably knows its about to hit the fan when the Rise of Skywalker book is released this week, or next week. Rey's heritage spoiler was released in a news article...if true then (imo) it is real bad.

Reaction score
Probably knows its about to hit the fan when the Rise of Skywalker book is released this week, or next week. Rey's heritage spoiler was released in a news article...if true then (imo) it is real bad.
Was her heritage spoiler not released in a film that came out about three months ago?

Reaction score
Was her heritage spoiler not released in a film that came out about three months ago?
My personal feeling is that the film left a lot of grey areas, and there's still the question of whether we should take what was told to Rey as the truth. Somethings about the explanation offered in the film don't add up. With the Emperor playing around with cloning, it could be a 'half-truth' situation, and a lot more going on than was stated. For instance... the crews for all those Sith ships... where'd they come from? What about dark side Rey? How are we supposed to perceive those things? At the end of the day, Rey's precise heritage may not even matter from the story perspective, and though some dogged fans will want every little question answered, some things are best left a mystery to be conjectured.

Reaction score
I agree. After all sometimes the truth we see on screen isn't always as clear as one might think.

"you’re going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view"

Reaction score
That's what I thought. But there is more to it. Look at the movies thread, found out there was a discussion about the "new truth" of Rey's heritage. :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
My personal feeling is that the film left a lot of grey areas, and there's still the question of whether we should take what was told to Rey as the truth. Somethings about the explanation offered in the film don't add up. With the Emperor playing around with cloning, it could be a 'half-truth' situation, and a lot more going on than was stated. For instance... the crews for all those Sith ships... where'd they come from? What about dark side Rey? How are we supposed to perceive those things? At the end of the day, Rey's precise heritage may not even matter from the story perspective, and though some dogged fans will want every little question answered, some things are best left a mystery to be conjectured.
Couldn't have agreed with you any more, and I was ok with the film the way it is. Palpatine's back, "ok...fine". He's Rey's grandfather..."No way! Okaayyyy". And the revelation of who Rey's father is..."Awe C'mon!!! Who thought up this s***?!?". And maybe I'm jumping the gun on the revelation, and I should read the book for a final conclusion.

On a separate note, I wish Lucas will release his notes on how he envisioned the Sequel Trilogy.

Reaction score
That's what I thought. But there is more to it. Look at the movies thread, found out there was a discussion about the "new truth" of Rey's heritage. :ROFLMAO:
Thanks, the context does make it make some more sense, but this is something that could have been explained easily in the film without needing to read additional content.