IG-86 Assassin Droid - No.18

GNT

Reaction score
Loose picture is up here. Looks like his ready to kick some butt!

Anyone else going to pick it up?

Reaction score
Can't wait to see what this guy does in the movie/series. Will be cool to see what is essentially IG-88 get to do something.

Reaction score
I am looking forward to this as well. I wonder if he will be in the actual movie or appear a bit later on in the series? Anyway, it looks like a fun figure. I may get that.

Reaction score
IG-86? That's interesting - wonder how it'll appear in the series - mass-produced, or as a main character?

Not sure about the figure though.

Reaction score
I hope IG-86 has some significant screen time. IG-88 is one of my favorite characters, so this seems really cool to me. I won't get this figure since I don't have the VTAC IG-88 yet, however.

Reaction score
RogueTrader said:
Can't wait to see what this guy does in the movie/series. Will be cool to see what is essentially IG-88 get to do something.
Same here. I hope he has a good fight scene.

Reaction score
Unknown said:
RogueTrader said:
Same here. I hope he has a good fight scene.
By the looks of the trailer or newest clip(cant remeber which) he does with anakin in what appears 2 be a snadcrawler

Reaction score
I remember a scene with IG-86 and Anakin, but I can't remember much about what happened. I'll check it out again some time. Thanks.

Reaction score
This is the only Clone Wars figure that interests me at all. I'll have to see it in person, though.

Reaction score
Looking forward to this one immensely. The EU backstory of IG-88 is pretty silly stuff, so if IG-86 here rewrites the origin of our ESB bounty hunter, so much the better.

Reaction score
Looks sort of bulky, and not too immensely animated. Might be one of the few I really want out of the line.

Reaction score
pruette said:
Looking forward to this one immensely. The EU backstory of IG-88 is pretty silly stuff, so if IG-86 here rewrites the origin of our ESB bounty hunter, so much the better.
Agreed! Big EU fan, but I skipped the "Tales of/from" books almost entirely, and the whole "IG-88 inserts his programming into DS2's computer banks" thing (whatever it was) made me gag.

This guy looks like he may be a bit sturdier than VTAC 88, so that's a bonus. Beautiful as that figure is, I feel like I'm gonna break it just by looking at it. I'll gladly pick up a couple of these if they look as good up close as in the catalog!

Reaction score
RogueTrader said:
I know what you mean. I might get this figure he isn't to bad.

Reaction score
Toonimator said:
pruette said:
Agreed! Big EU fan, but I skipped the "Tales of/from" books almost entirely, and the whole "IG-88 inserts his programming into DS2's computer banks" thing (whatever it was) made me gag.
OMG! Yes that was very lame. I think IG-88 is cool but not so cool that he should have been seconds away from besting the entire Empire and Rebellion combined.

Reaction score
All this tales of bashing makes me sad as I loved those books as a kid...but yeah alot of the back stories were overly complicated. Even as a kid I felt IG-88s story was silly.
I wonder how these guys relate to the IG-100 droids?

Reaction score
Oh yeah, the whole IG-88 embeds his conscious or whatever into the 2nd Death Star? LOL! That was great though if you want a big laugh sometime. I literally laughed out loud reading that one. That was classic.

Reaction score
Seeing this figure only further convinces me that the Clone Wars movie features OT characters so they can be made in this sytle. (cough Boba Fett cough)

And chalk me up as one more hater of IG-88's EU origins and fate - the best thing about the original Clone Wars is that it finally destroyed all the crappy backstories West End, the novels and comics created about Boba Fett. I'm much happier that he's the son of the bounty hunting Clone donor than an Irish Super Commando, Accountant turned Bounty Hunter or ex-Stormtrooper.

GNT

Reaction score
Jabbas_Guard_no3 said:
Seeing this figure only further convinces me that the Clone Wars movie features OT characters so they can be made in this sytle. (cough Boba Fett cough)

And chalk me up as one more hater of IG-88's EU origins and fate - the best thing about the original Clone Wars is that it finally destroyed all the crappy backstories West End, the novels and comics created about Boba Fett. I'm much happier that he's the son of the bounty hunting Clone donor than an Irish Super Commando, Accountant turned Bounty Hunter or ex-Stormtrooper.
I don't think Boba Fett has anything to do with The Clone wars cartoon just yet let alone the IG-86 Assassin Droid character lol

Reaction score
Keep in mind, Boba's 11-13 during the Clone Wars. Hardly full-grown, let alone in possession of his many suits of armor.

Hopefully the 86s are kinda junky, being older than the slick IG-100s. Let's get that feeling of age, of a 'used universe' back! Too much of that was missing from the PT, whenever they weren't on Tatooine anyway. IG-86s should be the primo 'battle droid'/assassin droid of a couple decades past, before the Trade Federation got ahold of their massive armies of BDs and Destroyers.

Reaction score
I would not be shocked if they add Fett into series somehow. They have a 14 year old Jedi running around with Anakin. An IG-88 named IG-86 and Jabba The Hutt. They could easily add a Boba. It would probably not be him decked out in full mandalorian armor and helmet (or maybe he would be). But he probably could aid the Seperatists and get his feet wet in the bounty hunting world at some point in the series.

Reaction score
Not bad - Little unsure about the arms though - seem a little restricted at the shoulders.

Reaction score
A must buy...double guns on the back and good sculpt. The whole wave is turning out to be a must.

GNT

Reaction score
The Assassin Droid is looking snazy and I like how the battle droid blasters fit into his back.

Reaction score
Looks good I have to admit I have been sort of 50/50 on the animated figs thus far, but this one is a winner.

Reaction score
It shouldn't. It'll just look like a slightly more primitive one, as it's supposed to (being an earlier model number). I think the IG Lancer will look the silliest, just due to the giant spiked shoulders.

I like the looks of this figure; kinda wish the knees were more than just hinges, but the ball-jointed hips help balance that a bit. The only other thing I'm not too crazy about are the double Battle Droid blasters; would've been nice to get a new design for the IGs. Even Grievous only has a BD blaster

Getting two of these for sure.

Reaction score
88's older brother, better articulation than the standard Battle Droid in either line, and two blasters for some serious John Woo jumpin-thru-air-guns-blazing action... what's not to love? (ok, I still wish he had new unique blasters, but I've got piles of weaponry in my parts bins that he can use)

Put me down for two of these.

To start.