IG-11 (The Mandalorian) - #**

GNT

Reaction score
Yakface.com have mentioned we'll be seeing IG-88 in the 6" line, IG-11 can be seen in the trailers for the Mandalorian TV show.

Hopefully they can make him strong enough to stand :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't know that his height will be so different from the previous Black Series figure:

Spoiler:  

Reaction score
IG-11 hopes to eat right, exercise, and grow up to be an IG-88 someday. :p

Reaction score
Come on, guys. It's Hasbro. They just re-used the mold for the archive !G-88. Of course they will use it again for IG-11.

Reaction score
We've had this conversation before, but I don't thing IG-88 is supposed to be as tall as people say he is. The Prop was taller, for sure, but the character was altered to be shorter. There is a lot of evidence for this.

1) In every shot of the film that IG-88 is in, he is shorter (about half a foot taller than Boba). You can see a frame-by-frame picture here: https://starwarsscreencaps.com/star-wars-episode-v-the-empire-strikes-back-1980/43

2) Guides say that IG-88 is 6'4"

3) Other iterations of IG droids in other cartoon media are that smaller height

4) and now IG-11 also appears to be that shorter height.

Again, the prop is tall, no question. We've all seen that picture where he is standing a step lower and would dwarf the other characters. I'd love to buy a toy of that version. There is something appealing about such an intimidating looking droid. But that image was never seen in the film. The film was shot in such a way that he appears much smaller, and further media seems to go along with that. His character is smaller than the prop.

Reaction score
We've had this conversation before, but I don't thing IG-88 is supposed to be as tall as people say he is. The Prop was taller, for sure, but the character was altered to be shorter. There is a lot of evidence for this.

1) In every shot of the film that IG-88 is in, he is shorter (about half a foot taller than Boba). You can see a frame-by-frame picture here: https://starwarsscreencaps.com/star-wars-episode-v-the-empire-strikes-back-1980/43

2) Guides say that IG-88 is 6'4"

3) Other iterations of IG droids in other cartoon media are that smaller height

4) and now IG-11 also appears to be that shorter height.

Again, the prop is tall, no question. We've all seen that picture where he is standing a step lower and would dwarf the other characters. I'd love to buy a toy of that version. There is something appealing about such an intimidating looking droid. But that image was never seen in the film. The film was shot in such a way that he appears much smaller, and further media seems to go along with that. His character is smaller than the prop.
Then he needs to be prop accurate height, then come with a ginormous expanding base to put everyone else on.
Tell me that's not reasonable!

Reaction score
If they just reuse IG-88’s sculpt, I’ll be disappointed. I mean, there’s a height-comparison shot in the trailer.

But even though Pedro Pascal is taller than Boba, the unboxing video revealed that the Mandalorian and Boba Fett are the same height in the Black Series. When they inevitably reuse the 88 sculpt, these two characters will still be obviously out of scale.

Reaction score
I don't know that his height will be so different from the previous Black Series figure:

If they just reuse IG-88’s sculpt, I’ll be disappointed. I mean, there’s a height-comparison shot in the trailer.

But even though Pedro Pascal is taller than Boba, the unboxing video revealed that the Mandalorian and Boba Fett are the same height in the Black Series. When they inevitably reuse the 88 sculpt, these two characters will still be obviously out of scale.
I don't know who to believe? :sneaky:

Reaction score

For comparison how Hot toys is interpreting IG-11's scale.
Whoever gets a 6" version open first, and standing next to the 6" Mando, let us know how he compares?

Reaction score
I was hoping to see the rest of that photo. That is so disappointing! It's just the criminally underscaled and mis-shapen IG-88 mold in a recolor with new bandoliers.

Reaction score

Yet another look at how Hot Toys 1/6: scaled them, for later comparison.

Reaction score
If it is reusing the 88 body, I wonder if a slightly cheaper alternative would be to find an archive Iggy on sale somewhere and fudge the new bandolier somehow?

Reaction score

Yet another look at how Hot Toys 1/6: scaled them, for later comparison.
Good to know.

The Sideshow Toys 1/6 scale measures 14.17”, which I assume isn’t random and is based on what the canon people have decided, if not from the prop itself. In the Black Series scale we should expect about 7.1”, or slightly taller than K2. That’s not happening, of course.

Reaction score
I’m not sure which I’m more disappointed by; that it’s just an IG88 with new bandoliers or that it doesn’t even have new weapons.
There shouldn't be any disappointment because IG-11 is exact that, another IG series droid that's identical to IG-88. He even uses the same exact weapons in the trailer. If he didn't have a new bandolier there wouldn't be any point releasing this figure at all.

Reaction score
There shouldn't be any disappointment because IG-11 is exact that, another IG series droid that's identical to IG-88. He even uses the same exact weapons in the trailer. If he didn't have a new bandolier there wouldn't be any point releasing this figure at all.
I haven’t watched the Mando trailer, because I tend to dodge trailers for all media that I consume, but I suppose this just means that I’m disappointed with the source material more-so than the figure.

Reaction score
I’m not sure which I’m more disappointed by; that it’s just an IG88 with new bandoliers or that it doesn’t even have new weapons.
This. Between the elite snowtrooper and this fig hasbro really isn’t trying hard to resell practically the same things; still not sure if I’ll but it or no though lol.

Reaction score
According to the Hot Toys figure, IG-11 has 5-fingered hands as opposed to IG-88's pincers, so they're not entirely identical.

Reaction score
Is this ^ really the only pic we have of it so far?

Can you make out if it even has the new IG-11 style hands and [fingers]?

No! Definitely does not have IG-11's new hands and fingers.
Unless they are interchangeable and somewhere hidden in the box (unlikely).

Reaction score
Cheap cash grab, Hasbro could have used this as an opportunity to fix problems with the original IG-88 mold. I guess like with the astromechs these will be forever out of scale.

Reaction score
Pretty lame to not have new hands considering how little work the figure needed.

But if they have no intent on giving us a slightly bigger, newly sculpted IG88, then I’d rather they just do this and keep things consistent across the line be reusing IG88 for this guy. Hopefully he has good plastic.

Reaction score
Cheap cash grab, Hasbro could have used this as an opportunity to fix problems with the original IG-88 mold. I guess like with the astromechs these will be forever out of scale.
(

Nailed it. This is the second worst mold in the line, next to Artoo. Overall puny size, with a horribly inaccurate head sculpt. The mold needs to be destroyed. Would have been a perfect time to update the mold, since they could use it again for the 40th ESB anniversary release, albeit with some slightly retooled hands and feet. Not surprised though. This is Hasbro after all. Wasting time and money on products nobody asked for or wants (Galaxy of Adventure), instead of putting resources into things the line needs and that fans keep asking for.

Reaction score
Lazy and cheap. They already got me for the archive figure since the original looked like Gumby after a couple months on the shelf. Zero chance of me buying this guy a 3rd time for a bandolier that’s not even colored properly. Two thumbs down.

Reaction score
I keep going back and forth. On the one hand a character like this is right up my alley, on the other I basically already own this (twice!). If Hasbro put in just a little more effort this would be at the top of my must have list. As is... Undecided.

Reaction score
Definitely going to sit this one out for now, as I predict many others will as well.

Feeling underwhelmed.

Reaction score
Horrible. What a waste.
So I'm sitting there, looking at the Best Buy page...it's $19.99, so they didn't get greedy. Also, they let us order it, which Walgreen's never allows me to do (successfully). Don't have to run and check the store constantly.

Then it hits me: this COULD be the other half of the greatest bounty hunter team we've ever seen, do I want to miss that?

So--speculating on an unseen TV show--I caved in!