IG-11 (Mandalorian) - #206

Reaction score
Available for pre-order beginning tomorrow, September 9th, at 1:00pm ET at all the usual spots. On shelf Spring 2022. MSRP is $13.99.

Carded Image

VC-IG-11-The-Mandalorian-Carded.jpg
Wait a gosh darn second, do my eyes deceive me or does it loo like his chest can open up to reveal a detonator??????? Unless its just his chest articulation for crunching. Probably that.

Reaction score
The attention to detail on this figure is stellar, I'm actually looking forward to it - especially because the Retro version is a bit of a dud. I'm just hoping this figure doesn't fall apart after releasing it from the bubble, it seems like a lot of TVC products are fragile these days.

Reaction score
I found IG-11 at Target today. He’s a great sculpt, and I would be happy with Hasbro reused the mold for IG-88 in the future. Change the hands, give him a new bandolier, and he’d mostly be ready to go.

Predictably, given the design, he’s difficult to stand. And unfortunately the plastic is very soft, making him that much more difficult to pose. He really needed to be hard plastic.

Reaction score
I found IG-11 at Target today. He’s a great sculpt, and I would be happy with Hasbro reused the mold for IG-88 in the future. Change the hands, give him a new bandolier, and he’d mostly be ready to go.

Predictably, given the design, he’s difficult to stand. And unfortunately the plastic is very soft, making him that much more difficult to pose. He really needed to be hard plastic.

Soft plastic strikes again.
Ugh, TVC Grievous again! 😳

Reaction score
Not my review, but looks excellent
height looks great

Decent review. But the guy keeps on saying that he can't find Paploo along with the rest of the wave. HINT - he's not in this wave!

All of that aside, I was glad to see this. I'm still waiting to see if there's some feature that would reveal the thermal detonator. And my fears that this would just be a rehash of the VOTC IG-88 were put to rest. That figure is amazing for its time, but it's now 17 years old. Seeing what Hasbro can do today in the context of IG-11 was impressive to say the least.

Reaction score
Too bad they didn't work a little sculpting detail on his chest for the thermal detonator. In the video review, it almost appears that chest panel is movable though.

Reaction score
I found this yesterday. Stil, too scared to try bending the elbows..I really, really love the hips. The legs bend forward so easily!!! I wish hasbro would do something similar with ALL figures going forward.

Reaction score
Too bad they didn't work a little sculpting detail on his chest for the thermal detonator. In the video review, it almost appears that chest panel is movable though.
The chest panel is separate because its part of the hinge for the ab crunch joint.

Reaction score
Seen a couple of review videos and nobody has compared IG-11 to 88. Would love to see that

Reaction score
Picked him up today. Pretty great figure. One of the elbows refuses to yield. Probably my favorite of the wave.

Reaction score
IMG_20211004_004056763.jpg

My inital impressions: carded = he looks fantastic. Sculpt is excellent from the waist up. Legs seem, to my eyes, a little skinny. He does have superior leg articulation so that may explain the sculpt with skinny legs. Out of the blister, they are a bit warped and are very bendy - moreso than IG-88. IMO, IG-88 is still the superior sculpt. Legs/feet are very proportional. My opinion on the legs may change over time.....and I need to use the hairdryer method on the bent legs. Elbows were ok. Legs feel a tad loose with the joints.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I found them over the weekend at Walmart. Might be a case by case basis, but mine has no problem standing. Definitely warm up those elbow joints, but once you get them loose the first time they're great.

Reaction score
I found them over the weekend at Walmart. Might be a case by case basis, but mine has no problem standing. Definitely warm up those elbow joints, but once you get them loose the first time they're great.
After warming mine w a hairdryer on low heat setting, the legs cooled and the leg joints feel a tad stiffer. Go figure!

Reaction score
Was very surprised to see IG-11 hanging on a peg at Walmart today. Managed to get him, Teebo and Lando. He looks great! Not sure if I'm going to open it or wait until I get a second.

Reaction score
Got another one to open - my walmart received 3 cases and we had like 10 of each out - except the ewok. seemed to be way less of him. This one had legs that were not so badly warped. Now that i've had him for a day or two, the legs are close to what is on the show. And the feet, apparently.

IMG_20211005_092432884.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got another one to open - my walmart received 3 cases and we had like 10 of each out - except the ewok. seemed to be way less of him. This one had legs that were not so badly warped. Now that i've had him for a day or two, the legs are close to what is on the show. And the feet, apparently.

Teebo is only packed one per case. So if your store got three cases, then they only got three Teebo.

Reaction score
Oh ok. Thanks. I bought two and the other is sitting there, 2 plus days later. There is like 6 or 7 Paploos just sitting there. Its a weird Walmart. I'm in the process of doing a minor repaint on ig-11. The grey plastic used is a tad too dark. Gonna lighten the head and chest just a tad.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Im an opener, but this guy looks so clean and awesome in the card. Im having trouble breaking him out. Great figure. Should've had 3 of those in the box!

Reaction score
IG-88's leg fell out at the mid-thing articulation almost immediately when I got him at original retail back in the day. Same problem with IG-11?