If you were asked to create the Sequels

Reaction score
There's a reason why politics shouldn't be brought up and for a damn good reason, almost no one can ever agree. And adding i to fantasy/sci-fi movies is a bad idea unless that's what the movie is actually about.
Hollywood just doesn't understand the difference between an inclusive movie and a movie that takes an agenda and obnoxiously rubs it into your face regardless of whether it fits the story or not.

An inclusive movie is like: Here, our main character is a Jedi who also happens to be a Black Person. Now look at our interesting story!

An obnoxious movie is like: Here, our main character is a Black Person! Look at our Black Person! We have a Black Person! It is so important that you get that a Black Person is the Main Character, and we are totally Progressive and Advanced because of that! Our Black Person is so much better than any White Person in this movie! They can do anything and are really Great! There is no obstacle they can't conquer easily, and they are Totally Outstanding no matter what they do! Also, our Black Person is much Blacker than any Person in that other movie over there! ... Story? Uh, what? Did we hire a writer already?
(Replace "Black" with the attribute of your choice... Latino, Asian, Female, Gay, Elderly, Handicapped, whatever.)

The ST did that with Rey, but even celebrated movies like Avengers: Endgame are not free from ridiculousness (see the scene with the female lineup in the end battle, OMG cringe).

Reaction score
Somebody mentioned earlier in the thread that this was a story in the EU. I thought at first it was a silly idea but in the real world the Christians built churches on pagan sites and thee are any Christian traditions built on pagan ideas.

How would you work it into a story in an alternate Sequel film? And would it have booby traps?
I hated the idea. As long as the origins of the Sith and their relationship to the Jedi are so hazy, I wouldn't want to concretize a crucial detail like that.

This is precisely a problem of the Star Wars worldbuilding. Lucas never gave us a complete history of the GFFA with all the Whys and Whens; that was a work of secondary material and the EU. What parts of that EU are still valid... no one knows. Instead, every director throws us bits and pieces that are lacking any background; from Mortis to Lothwolves, from Bendu to Snoke, from Jedha to the Force Dimension.

Before I accept a Sith temple under the Jedi temple, I would like to know: What are the foundations of the Jedi temple? Is it, as the EU (I forgot which one) tells me, situated on a mountaintop, with the actual surface of the planet below? (Then were is the Sith temple? Inside the mountain?) Or is the Jedi Temple build on top of layers upon layers of city (architectural statics be damned), and if so, what else is below? Is the Jedi temple actually a rededication of the Sith temple, and the Jedi who did that were aware of the thing? Why would they do that?

And the next question would be, where does that Sith temple comes from? When were the Sith on Coruscant? How is that temple connected to Korriban/Moraband and the Sith Empire (if that even is still a thing)? What did the Sith do there? How did Coruscant look at the time? Were there any true Sith that early? Did they fight the Jedi for it, or was the temple abandoned and forgotten when the Jedi came along? Did the Jedi just erect their own temple there because it's a focus of the Force? What is a focus of the Force? Is it per se good or evil, or is it just power that anyone can tap into? Did the Dark Side claim this focus before? Did the Light Side defeat it later to make a Jedi temple?

All of that history would have to be answered before I start a story of that Sith temple.

Then, what is the context in my film? Or maybe series. I doubt the repercussions of a Sith temple below the Jedi temple could be discussed in a cinematic movie - there's just not enough time. Would that just be a detail that gives some background to a series episode where Luke's new Jedi are exploring the Imperial Palace nee Jedi Temple nee Sith Temple?

And is there even any reason to expand the lore in such a crucial way? What would the Jedi seek under the Jedi Temple that couldn't be McGuffin'ed to any other Sith site somewhere else?

If (and that's a big if) I'd use this Sith temple, then its existence would need to be explained, and it needs to be important for the lore. What would Luke learn here? How would this knowledge further the story? Where in the plot would we arrange that to happen? It seems to be important enough for a turnaround moment.

And of course it would have booby traps. Silly you.

Reaction score
I hated the idea. As long as the origins of the Sith and their relationship to the Jedi are so hazy, I wouldn't want to concretize a crucial detail like that.

This is precisely a problem of the Star Wars worldbuilding. Lucas never gave us a complete history of the GFFA with all the Whys and Whens; that was a work of secondary material and the EU. What parts of that EU are still valid... no one knows. Instead, every director throws us bits and pieces that are lacking any background; from Mortis to Lothwolves, from Bendu to Snoke, from Jedha to the Force Dimension.

Before I accept a Sith temple under the Jedi temple, I would like to know: What are the foundations of the Jedi temple? Is it, as the EU (I forgot which one) tells me, situated on a mountaintop, with the actual surface of the planet below? (Then were is the Sith temple? Inside the mountain?) Or is the Jedi Temple build on top of layers upon layers of city (architectural statics be damned), and if so, what else is below? Is the Jedi temple actually a rededication of the Sith temple, and the Jedi who did that were aware of the thing? Why would they do that?

And the next question would be, where does that Sith temple comes from? When were the Sith on Coruscant? How is that temple connected to Korriban/Moraband and the Sith Empire (if that even is still a thing)? What did the Sith do there? How did Coruscant look at the time? Were there any true Sith that early? Did they fight the Jedi for it, or was the temple abandoned and forgotten when the Jedi came along? Did the Jedi just erect their own temple there because it's a focus of the Force? What is a focus of the Force? Is it per se good or evil, or is it just power that anyone can tap into? Did the Dark Side claim this focus before? Did the Light Side defeat it later to make a Jedi temple?

All of that history would have to be answered before I start a story of that Sith temple.

Then, what is the context in my film? Or maybe series. I doubt the repercussions of a Sith temple below the Jedi temple could be discussed in a cinematic movie - there's just not enough time. Would that just be a detail that gives some background to a series episode where Luke's new Jedi are exploring the Imperial Palace nee Jedi Temple nee Sith Temple?

And is there even any reason to expand the lore in such a crucial way? What would the Jedi seek under the Jedi Temple that couldn't be McGuffin'ed to any other Sith site somewhere else?

If (and that's a big if) I'd use this Sith temple, then its existence would need to be explained, and it needs to be important for the lore. What would Luke learn here? How would this knowledge further the story? Where in the plot would we arrange that to happen? It seems to be important enough for a turnaround moment.
Many of these questions could be (and some could only be) answered in the story of the Sith Temple under the Jedi Temple. For a movie the comment could simply be made that lmany religions, civilisations, build on what was before and theJedi Temple was a way to bury the Sith Temple.

Of course it would need an explanation for why the didn't just destroy it.

And yes there would have to be a very good reason for the story needs one temple to be under the other and a very good reason for why Palaptine didn't destroy the Jedi Temple long ago.

I cannot imagine any reason why Luke would want or need to enter a Sith location but for the sake of originality and creativity I would prefer I to happen on a previously unused or a new world.

Has the canon or legends ever told what happened to all the Jedi Holocrons that had been in the Temple vault?

And of course it would have booby traps. Silly you.
I was mostly testing to see if I was allowed use the word booby. :cautious:

Reaction score
In the beginning there was only the force, then one day it became known by (insert character) as they heard a voice calling out to them from within. After decades of mediation and following its will this (character) became very powerful in the Force, yet was also very lonely, so set out on a path to spread the knowledge of the Force and gain companions.

After eons of searching for like minded individuals a community was formed to teach the ways of the Force and further spread that knowledge. In a time long for gotten there was a divergence, one being felt superior to those unknown to the Force and wished to rule over them. Coming into conflict with fellow brethren over this belief, this being broke from the order and started their own only taking two close friends that shared this vision. One day this being came upon an ancient site while looking for a place to build a sanctuary, it was there that he/she felt a very dark and sinister presence.

After learning of this dark force a new order was formed calling themselves the Sith.

Cut to 40,000 year later

Reaction score
In the beginning there was only the force, then one day it became known by (insert character) as they heard a voice calling out to them from within. After decades of mediation and following its will this (character) became very powerful in the Force, yet was also very lonely, so set out on a path to spread the knowledge of the Force and gain companions.

After eons of searching for like minded individuals a community was formed to teach the ways of the Force and further spread that knowledge. In a time long for gotten there was a divergence, one being felt superior to those unknown to the Force and wished to rule over them. Coming into conflict with fellow brethren over this belief, this being broke from the order and started their own only taking two close friends that shared this vision. One day this being came upon an ancient site while looking for a place to build a sanctuary, it was there that he/she felt a very dark and sinister presence.

After learning of this dark force a new order was formed calling themselves the Sith.

Cut to 40,000 year later
What is the "very dark and sinister presence"?

Is it the Dark Side of the Force? Or something else? Did the theSith create the Dark Side or did the Dark Side corrupt them?