Ian McDiarmid confirms Emperor is dead

ozzfan84

High Admiral
Reaction score
I hope this means we'll get a set of chromium trading cards like everything that came out in the mid 90s.

bob_solo

High Admiral
Reaction score
I'd rather they realize Snoke was a dead end character which they killed off to save everything. Let him lie. Please.

As much as I'm hoping for some other things, I'm thinking they go to the Death Star remains in search of some "key" that brings everything together and wraps everything up. They find some old "Emperors chamber" which has him on some sort of database/hologram (whatever) that explains everything and gives closure.

...and then of course a 30 second post credit scene that then leaves everything open ended and fans wanting more for the next 10 years.
And that post-credits scene will be that of a humbled, one-armed Kylo Ren dressed as a peasant, visiting the "Museum of Skywalkers" to learn about his "true" heritage. Fits perfectly in with JJ copying everything. Perhaps Mace Windu will also make a brief appearance, revealing that he, too, has been in hiding for decades, and that the only injury he sustained in the fall from Palpatine's office is now covered up by an eye patch.

Trooper31

Emperor
Reaction score
The idea of a holocron with the Emperor or some kind of interactive database would be alright.

Cobalt60

Emperor's Hand
Reaction score
^^ that's what I'm hoping for. its the path of least resistance. it would work, and it would seem natural (in this universe).

where the idea of Palpatine "haunting" Vader's helmet seems convoluted and contrived.

Trooper31

Emperor
Reaction score
^^ that's what I'm hoping for. its the path of least resistance. it would work, and it would seem natural (in this universe).

where the idea of Palpatine "haunting" Vader's helmet seems convoluted and contrived.
Agree 100%.
A