I have the rare opportunity . . .

Reaction score
. . . to tear apart the couch from my youth! It is all broken and headed off to a Halloween party for people to sit on until it is thrown on the fire at the end. How many vintage Star Wars, He-Man, Transformers or G.I. Joe items will I find? I almost feel as though I should live stream it! :grin: Build up a lot of hype like the Geraldo Rivera Al Capone vault special.

I am real excited to at least find a few weapons. Will there be a few Imperial blasters or a treasure trove of vintage weapons? One thing of note is, I never had any of the Power of the Force in my youth so there will be no crazy-expensive weapons.

Have any other members had an opportunity such as this, or something similar? I know many have found weapons in their Land Speeders or Falcons. But what about furniture or when you ripped up that shag carpet, did any weapons fall out?

Reaction score
. . . to tear apart the couch from my youth! It is all broken and headed off to a Halloween party for people to sit on until it is thrown on the fire at the end. How many vintage Star Wars, He-Man, Transformers or G.I. Joe items will I find? I almost feel as though I should live stream it! :grin: Build up a lot of hype like the Geraldo Rivera Al Capone vault special.

I am real excited to at least find a few weapons. Will there be a few Imperial blasters or a treasure trove of vintage weapons? One thing of note is, I never had any of the Power of the Force in my youth so there will be no crazy-expensive weapons.

Have any other members had an opportunity such as this, or something similar? I know many have found weapons in their Land Speeders or Falcons. But what about furniture or when you ripped up that shag carpet, did any weapons fall out?
I found a corgi Bat-boat in mine. Keep me posted.

Reaction score
Good luck, make sure you dig deep and go through every Crack and crevice

Reaction score
Believe it or not, I'm very interested to see how this turns out. Take pics!

Reaction score
That would be fun! I have always wondered how many small toys of mine ended up falling through the cracks of my old attic in my 1st home. Too bad mom and dad sold it years ago or I would have been pulling up the floor.

Reaction score
Well I looked in my couch & found 2 remote controls & the cat that we thought ran away.

75 cents

Reaction score
You have to YouTube it!!!!

However I didn't have a couch find, but at my Parents house in their backyard I had a sandbox I would play in all the time. I found a space lego mini ship with a figure on it!!!! The only original toy I have left from my childhood. I cleaned it up and it's only missing a little taillight piece.

Reaction score
You have to YouTube it!!!!

However I didn't have a couch find, but at my Parents house in their backyard I had a sandbox I would play in all the time. I found a space lego mini ship with a figure on it!!!! The only original toy I have left from my childhood. I cleaned it up and it's only missing a little taillight piece.
I can tell just from that one shot, that the rest of those shelves are awesome.

Reaction score
I’m more concerned/interested that you have a couch that is at minimum 40 years old. What does that thing smell like....

Reaction score
Did your parents keep those clear slip covers on the furniature? That so 70s if they did.

Reaction score
Yeah. Sorry to keep anyone hanging. The day I posted I was going to do it the very next day and something came up. Got real busy and ended up tearing up the couch the day of the party (last Saturday). I've been quite busy, period, lately and wish I had more time to post! I found quite the loot — a bunch of dirt/dust, hair and 1 very rusty screw! Not one piece of paper money, quarter, dime or even penny. No potato chips, popcorn or other food items. Which is odd because there are holes here and there (that go into the inner couch) going all the way around the inner edge. We've had this couch since I was between the ages of 10 - 12. While it is disappointing nothing was found, I at least have closure that nothing significant was lost.

Last edited:
Reaction score
ComicalUser you HAD stuff in that couch but the Collector mouse took it all!!!

Too bad, but nice toy archeology!