Hyperspace Fan Club Kits

Reaction score
I know I've been quite vocal in the past, voicing my disapproval of the more recent efforts by the fan club and in particular - the fan clubs membership kits - but I have to say, that this most current offering seems to be a step in the right direction:

• Welcome back to the Homing Beacon, the official Star Wars email Newsletter
    Hyperspace members should start checking their mailboxes in the coming weeks as the 2009 Star Wars Fan Club kits will begin shipping out this month!
    There's a lot to look forward to with this year's kit -- check out the contents, which are all exclusives designed just for Hyperspace members:

Fate of the Jedi "Imprint" edition -- OMEN author Christie Golden wrote a short story that takes place before the events of the Fate of the Jedi series and features a lost tribe of Sith. This 7-page short story is an exclusive for Hyperspace members!
    George Lucas welcome letter
    Clone Wars 3-inch round patch
    Official 2009 membership card
    Hasbro Droid Factory punch-out magnets set
    DK "A Jedi You Will Become" magnet
    Museum Replicas sticker
    Sideshow Collectibles gift card
    Fandex fan (image makes this appear to be multi-layered, but it's actually flat)
    Penguin Books Clone Wars poster (all posters are folded)
    Kotobukiya clone figures poster
    Dark Horse Comics Luke Skywalker poster
    Marbs Clone Wars poster
    That's 13 different pieces that are all Hyperspace exclusives available nowhere else! Kits will start shipping soon, so if you're not already a Hyperspace member, what are you waiting for -- join today!

It's still very reasonably priced:

• USA $14.95
    Int'l $14.95
    Int'l w/kit $19.95

I might actually consider this.

Reaction score
Yep, starting last year with the comic and now this one. They have gotten the message I think!

Now if Insider would just get the point and put original fiction back in it...

Reaction score
Mike_S said:
I know I've been quite vocal in the past, voicing my disapproval of the more recent efforts by the fan club and in particular - the fan clubs membership kits - but I have to say, that this most current offering seems to be a step in the right direction:.
Really? I'm not impressed at all.

After being a subscriber since the early Bantha Tracks days of the original fan club I cancelled my subscription.

After seeing this latest membership kit list, there would be nothing there to motivate me to subscribe only for the kit.

Reaction score
That Fan Index thing is $35.00 out here and I too was a Bantha Tracks subscriber - I'm an old man, yes.
I simply thought that this was a step in the right direction, but not yet perfect.

Reaction score
Anyone want to offer up their copy of the LOTF Imprint book from Del Rey included in the kit? If so, drop me a pm.