Hyena Bomber

Reaction score
I just got mine today, I cannot believe how large it is. My only complaint is that the blue deco is so much lighter than the vulture droid.

Reaction score
Zylek said:
I just got mine today, I cannot believe how large it is. My only complaint is that the blue deco is so much lighter than the vulture droid.
Which store was carrying it?

Reaction score
GNT said:
Thanks for the picture, it's much bigger then the normal vulture droid. very imprssive.
Yeah it is. Looks great. It's no where near close to the the correct scale of course, but still satisfyingly large for a Starfighter assortment toy as as big as we could practically expect it to be. It's not a high profile enough vehicle to appeal in a larger size toy range like the $40-70 ships. I think we got a good compromise here.

Reaction score
I just opened mine. Wow, this thing is impressively big, especially compared to the Cloud Car, Snowspeeder, or Swampspeeder. Hard to believe they all cost the same. Now I wish I would have picked up a second Vulture back in the day.

Reaction score
Passed on this at TRU today for $27.99. Looks like a solid ship but I'll wait for a Target $20 sale.

Reaction score
Just picked up this badboy today, gotta say, its been a while since i've picked up a set in this priceline that has really got me going nuts over the size of this thing. I mean, it looks like something that belongs in the higher pricepoint line with the size of it when it is standing.

The danish price of the medium sized vehicles is just about 65 dollars(converted), but i'm gladly putting that in the register for this thing, its simply amazing, would love to have a second or possibly a third ^^

Reaction score
Couldn't bring myself to buy this one today over the Swamp Speeder. I will probably buy this one when Target has a sale on the vehicles though.

Reaction score
I'm very dissappointed in the Hyena Bomber. While it's impressive in size, the droid's legs cannot support the weight of its own body. It collapses under its own weight immediately. I don't think I've ever assigned any Star Wars toy this rating, but I find the Hyena Bomber a Failure.

Reaction score
PizzatheHut said:
I'm very dissappointed in the Hyena Bomber. While it's impressive in size, the droid's legs cannot support the weight of its own body. It collapses under its own weight immediately. I don't think I've ever assigned any Star Wars toy this rating, but I find the Hyena Bomber a Failure.
yeah, it seems that hasbro figured if the seperatist used same material to build hyeena bombers as they did for battle droids, hasbro ought to do the same

It is a nice cool looking vehicle but in walking mode, it needs a walker or a rough surface to stand on to keep "legs" from spreading apart from weight of the suspended body/head.

Reaction score
PizzatheHut said:
And yet mine has been standing on its own without falling over for more than a week now.

Reaction score
Neal said:
PizzatheHut said:
And yet mine has been standing on its own without falling over for more than a week now.
What kind of joints hold the legs up? If they were ball and socket joints you could try the super glue friction trick.

Reaction score
Great White Shark capitol of the United States
I was really looking forward to this vehicle. Some of the posts had me worried and when I bought it yesterday I was expecting to be disappointed. I was very pleasantly suprised. Relative to the vulture droid it's enormous and has cool features. My three boys were all fighting over who was going to bomb the AT-TE first. It's one of those vehicles that everyone WANTS to play with. The pop up head, bomb dropping feature and transforming wings make this a wicked popular toy with the kids. Another neighborhood kid was admiring it and told his mom that it was his favorite vehicle ever! Mine has legs that fully support the wieight of the vehicle when in walking mode- no wobbly leg issues.
It deserves a spot right next to the snow speeder and cloud car on the AWESOME vehicles of the year list in my opinion. I want to pick up 2 more for my army.

Reaction score
Just picked this up today, its pretty cool. Much bigger than the Vulture droid, and it makes me want to pick up another vulture so they can flank this bomber

Reaction score
Picked one up, and mine's perfect. No leg issue, perfect paint apps, and just overall an awesome ship. I was pleasantly surprised at how big the thing was. I was expecting a much smaller ship than what we actually got.
I think I'm gonna try and hunt down a vulture droid now since I never picked up the new version.

Reaction score
90 percent sure this is out. I saw a separatist vehicle at a bay area target but don't collect vehicles so didn't recognize it. Seeing the name hyena and looking at the pictures made me realize it is this.

Reaction score
should be picking up mine sometime this week ....I like the idea of the Vultures flanking the bomber

Reaction score
I saw one of these at a Kmart for $30, decided to wait to pick it up for less later at a WM or Target. It did look pretty cool.

D. Martin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

I know it isn't brand, brand new, but since no one else got to it when it was new you had to wait for it to be added to the Rebelscum Photo Archive. Sorry about the huge delay in adding it.

Reaction score
I picked up quite a few of these at Target when they had them on clearance. I think I got like 4 of 'em at $5 a piece.

GNT

Reaction score
Mine is just in a pile of vehicles atm, not sure what I'll do with it atm :p

Reaction score
I remember skipping this one when it first came out. We had bought the Vulture Droid and found that it would easily unsnap from flight mode and be a loose pile of 'walking' mode appendages. But my kid expressed interest in it later and said that he wished we had gotten. I later found it at one of those discount outlets or in one of those 2pak specials that many of the SOTS vehicles enjoyed in the years immediately following Hasbro decision to stop making toys that I liked.

So I have it along with a few other vehicles that have never been opened. I also remembered chasing down the droid gunship. I originally skipped it because it was a ROTS repack that didn't fit in with my TCW collection. Then it took front stage during the Odereon ARC in TCW and I had to have it. But by that time, it was long gone.