Huyang - VC#311

Yay! Amazon shipped huyang...arrives tomorrow!! Rest of wave still 7/1 though

I forgot I hadn’t preordered this guy so I bought him on Amazon a couple days ago and my delivery date says May 8 - June 4th

I love how all these other retailers beat Hasbro Pulse...

I had the Pulse Premium for a couple of years at the start, when it was free. I did not renew when they started charging for two reasons. The first, even with the free shipping I recently do not purchase enough to warrant it. Second, there did not seem to be any meaningful perks to membership other than the shipping. I remember have a bunch of X-men Legends on pre-order when I was a member but found them at retail, at a Walmart, for less, all before my pre-orders shipped. I just do not get it.

I had the Pulse Premium for a couple of years at the start, when it was free. I did not renew when they started charging for two reasons. The first, even with the free shipping I recently do not purchase enough to warrant it. Second, there did not seem to be any meaningful perks to membership other than the shipping. I remember have a bunch of X-men Legends on pre-order when I was a member but found them at retail, at a Walmart, for less, all before my pre-orders shipped. I just do not get it.
For Canadians, I don't believe membership includes the free shipping. For me, it's *literally* just the occasional hour earlier for pre-orders. If I'm not at work or otherwise busy.

Hasbro has had a practice not to sell b4 thier retail partners, ie they'll ship initial product to the big guns first, then scraps or later stock to pulse. But on occasion, depending on retailer distribution hang ups, pulse may get stock in and out to customers b4 same product reaches someone's local wm or target. Also, pulse doesn't use the retail-freindly mixed asst. cases that tend to ship out b4 solid cases of 1 figure. That also slows pulses fulfillment time, waiting on the solid cases to arrive. The same w/ amazon and singles at EE. Also bbts, apparently stopped w/ full cases or even sets of figs (1@ /wave)

Guess it's time for me to finally order one, though I'm still a bit out off with lazy/cheap looking deco.

I’ve saved $250 in shipping this year. I’ve gotten about 40 products from them (figures, playsets, the E-wing, the Ghost, etc.), and each ships free. It’s absolutely the only reason I can afford to buy as many as I do. The Ghost alone paid for it, and everything else is gravy.

Pulse often ships after other retailers on purpose. I'm sorry to kind of pick you out here, but it drives me nuts when people voice the "Pulse ships later than most" complaint as if it is a flaw rather than by design.

Although the Pulse website is not directly managed by Hasbro, it is their direct-to-consumer retail portal. At the same time, Hasbro is asking other retailers (big box stores, specialty e-tailers, etc.) to commit to purchase and sell their products. Hasbro is competing against their own retailer partners by having their own direct-to-consumer retail site. Therefore, Hasbro needs to allow their retailer partners some additional incentive to sell their products by allowing them the opportunity to get a head start selling the products. Why would Walmart or Target make a significant financial commitment to purchasing Hasbro products and allocating valuable retail space to Hasbro if Hasbro is going to undercut them by getting their own products to market first on their own website? The exact scenario you found yourself in, ordering from Pulse but finding it at retail first, is completely on purpose.

Your incentive to purchase from Pulse is not to be first in line, but rather to be essentially guaranteed to have your order fulfilled, the free shipping, an essentially complete offering of products (exclusives excluded, of course. Again, another incentive for retailer partners), and above average customer service.

Last edited:
Where I live Pulse started getting the newest figures 4-6 weeks before any other store, online or small shops in 2023. I'm not sure of they were trying to get collectors' attention, but it's quite annoying to see the stuff come to Pulse so much sooner than the smaller shops that are important to the line as well. The problem here is that if you order from a small shop, they really depend on you actually buying those ordered products because they have to make their orders 6 months in advance. If you cancel on them, they're stuck with the product and have to find a way to get rid of it. Of course, if you do that too often, then they won't take your orders anymore.

^ perhaps pulse in Trooper31's region, does not have that policy for favoritism towards retail partners as they do here in USA. But, like I posted earlier, that is intention, not to compete w/ retail partners, but it is not always the case. WM, target, amazon etc can and do indeed have internal issues that can keep thier supply chain clogged, so ordering a "back up" on pulse is not a bad idea. It is frustrating though to see pulse say " eta 7/1" Fleet commander while people are posting pic of finding fleet commander at wm this past week. But keep in mind just because wm, as a company, has the new wave, doesn't mean a particular wm will ever get that wave in a timely manner or at all. Also when pulse says 7/1, rarely do they hold to that date, it's usually 3-6 weeks earlier. Same w/ Amazon and thier estimated initial ETAs.

Last edited:
It is frustrating though to see pulse say " eta 7/1" Fleet commander while people are posting pic of finding fleet commander at wm this past week. But keep in mind just because wm, as a company, has the new wave, doesn't mean a particular wm will ever get that wave in a timely manner or at all.
I don't know about U.S. Amazon, but Amazon.ca is pretty bad for not updating the shipping dates. It's almost like they treat them as street dates. Makes me wonder if they got in **** for shipping something early before.

I also had Pulse for the first few years and ended up finding half of it at retail. I did notice over the last two years Pulse definitely got things out quicker. I bought the membership again for the Ghost and to be honest, I'll probably end up keeping it just because Pulse has a lot more exclusives than they used to. Considering that (Marvel VHS collection, e wing, Callahan, Sabine/Chopper 2 pack), in the long run it's looking like a better deal.

I've also noticed I've gotten every TVC release from Pulse before people here who have been waiting on their Amazon orders since restarting Premium last year.

Pulse vs amazon..in my experience it's been roughly 40/60 w/ amazon beating pulse on last 1 or 2 waves* and so far w/ huyang as a single.
*(I'll need to double check though on hera/revan wave if I actually preordered on pulse or not)

Between the Vintage Collection, War for Cybertron, and Marvel Legends I get more than enough orders sent my way that the free shipping more than justifies the membership. In 2022 and 2023, I placed 50+ orders on Pulse each year. Now, considering Pulse ships items as they become available rather than wait for orders to ship complete, I received more shipments from Pulse than orders placed. Conservatively, let's assume I received 75 shipments at an average of $5/shipment, that's $375 in shipping costs I'd otherwise be paying.

I also had Pulse for the first few years and ended up finding half of it at retail. I did notice over the last two years Pulse definitely got things out quicker. I bought the membership again for the Ghost and to be honest, I'll probably end up keeping it just because Pulse has a lot more exclusives than they used to. Considering that (Marvel VHS collection, e wing, Callahan, Sabine/Chopper 2 pack), in the long run it's looking like a better deal.

I've also noticed I've gotten every TVC release from Pulse before people here who have been waiting on their Amazon orders since restarting Premium last year.
I do feel with lower production runs we will likely see things return to how it were in 2019/20, so we might wind up having to depend on Pulse even more in the future. At least for those "gotta have" items, and preordering will become a thing again. Revan is but a taste on how this may impact how quickly things sell out.

Omg Huyang was shipped with my previously scheduled cat litter. He’s going to arrive absolutely crushed. 😂 Good thing I’m an opener!

View attachment 491326
I remember when I ordered batteries and several figures . Amazon but then all in the same box and the bubbles came off all the figures. The card backs were pristine though.

I do feel with lower production runs we will likely see things return to how it were in 2019/20, so we might wind up having to depend on Pulse even more in the future. At least for those "gotta have" items, and preordering will become a thing again. Revan is but a taste on how this may impact how quickly things sell out.
Not that I totally disagree here but Revan isn't a good example. That character sells out no matter what and is always hard to find.

Yup. Ever since the start of 2023 when people were theorizing Hasbro was gonna cut production numbers, I've been saying "if it's something you Want, preorder order it." I can remember af few instances of people playing the waiting game on Black Series and Marvel Legends in 2018/2019, or just saying "no one wants that", then they were miffed when those figures just weren't around.

I'm curious to see if there's a similar reaction if deluxe figures don't last long enough for clearance.

It's Hasbro's analytics that need to be tweaked. He might have been a better carry-forward than Thrawn or Ahsoka
True, but it could've been based on what was more obtainable on short notice if things had to get shuffled around on the fly

Last edited:
Pulse often ships after other retailers on purpose. I'm sorry to kind of pick you out here, but it drives me nuts when people voice the "Pulse ships later than most" complaint as if it is a flaw rather than by design.

Although the Pulse website is not directly managed by Hasbro, it is their direct-to-consumer retail portal. At the same time, Hasbro is asking other retailers (big box stores, specialty e-tailers, etc.) to commit to purchase and sell their products. Hasbro is competing against their own retailer partners by having their own direct-to-consumer retail site. Therefore, Hasbro needs to allow their retailer partners some additional incentive to sell their products by allowing them the opportunity to get a head start selling the products. Why would Walmart or Target make a significant financial commitment to purchasing Hasbro products and allocating valuable retail space to Hasbro if Hasbro is going to undercut them by getting their own products to market first on their own website? The exact scenario you found yourself in, ordering from Pulse but finding it at retail first, is completely on purpose.

Your incentive to purchase from Pulse is not to be first in line, but rather to be essentially guaranteed to have your order fulfilled, the free shipping, an essentially complete offering of products (exclusives excluded, of course. Again, another incentive for retailer partners), and above average customer service.
I understand this is by design but do not have to agree with it. I honestly doubt fans who buy directly from Pulse are the same market, or the whole market as the big box stores. Plus the big boxes are reducing or eliminating many lines anyway. Didn't Walmart state it was cutting Legends not tied to any media? With that what is point of Pulse intentionally holding up their members orders?

I was just frustrated on the waiting game with their preorders during my membership period. It was touted as a premium service for collectors. I just did not feel it panned out to the premium service I felt they were advertising. Additionally, there were a lot of folks who would do the same thing. I do not see how that was not a negative impact for Pulse and their business workings.

As for the free shipping, that benefit depends on the individual. From the sounds of it many here have benefitted from that perk. I was just saying that I personally do not purchase enough yearly to justify the cost of membership.

Speaking specifically to the shipping issue, Walmart, Target, or any other big box retailer doesn't care if the target market is the same or not. They simply take the stance of 'if you want me to financially commit to your product, you are not going to undercut me by selling the same product directly to consumer before I have the chance to sell it.'

As to why the big box retailers are cutting out collector lines or toys in general, maybe the opportunity to get the product to market first isn't enough to capture consumer purchases? Maybe most consumers still choose the direct purchase rather than going through big box retailers for any number of reasons or preferences?

I agree with both of these points. I worked for Walmart for a number of years while struggling to find my footing in my career. They are an awful company and would certainly take that stance.

I just got frustrated with Pulse claiming to be this premium service and to me it never felt premium.

I went to GameStop today and decided to preorder the fig and the guy at the register said if I hadn’t they never would’ve stocked him

I just got frustrated with Pulse claiming to be this premium service and to me it never felt premium.

I agree with this on paper. I think at that time I came to the se conclusion you did - what am I paying for? But I also wondered - What was I expecting? It's not like they (or anyone else) are going to give me free figures or set up some sort of points/loyalty system. In short - there's nothing they're doing that i can't get anywhere else. That's why I chimed in earlier about the Pulse Exclusives. We're a few years down the road now and they're at a point where they're offering some stuff I can't get anywhere else.

I see it from both sides and honestly, everyone has certain sites they prefer to buy from for certain things anyway. Personally, bbts's shipping center is closer to me, so I usually get things faster from them than anyone else. After last year's Haslab being the Ghost, it made more sense to be a premium member for that and try to make the most of it for 12 months. I'm on the fence if I'll re-up again, but that truly just depends on what kind of exclusives end up getting Revealed over the next few months.

I went to GameStop today and decided to preorder the fig and the guy at the register said if I hadn’t they never would’ve stocked him

I'm not too surprised by this. Matt from Nerdzoic pretty much confirmed he does the same thing - if no one preorders a certain item or line, he either orders just a little from it or nothing. I've been pretty fascinated by all the little tidbits of info that have come out from Super7 over the last year regarding how preorders and clearance sales have impacted them. And of course - collector response. If we were looking at this from a scientific point of view, that company is offering a lot of 'Control' aspects: what happens when you offer something that people don't like the QC? What happens when you tell people a figure/line is limited and then it turns out to not be? What happens when you take a very popular property and then start the line with obscure characters? What happens when you cancel preorders for low numbers without advertising that it was a made-to-order item?

All this to say the the importance of preorders has pretty much been a pendulum for the past handful of years. It might even become the only guaranteed way to get something for a while, too.

Edit....Nevermind. I thought amazon raised the price of tvc version but I was looking at tbs version.
Tvc huyang still 16.99 w/ 1-2 month eta

Last edited:
Pretty underwhelmed with this figure. Articulation is good. He does seem too big and the color feels way off. Hasbro does not usually miss by this much on all new sculpts.

Back