Huyang - VC#311

Cool. But it'll nice to know a) what figs are officially filling the case now, been rumored to be reissues of thrawn and ahsoka but the revision of rumor list took thier names off. - perhaps due to not "officially" announced by Hasbro.
And b) huyang's card image/tvc #

Cool. But it'll nice to know a) what figs are officially filling the case now, been rumored to be reissues of thrawn and ahsoka but the revision of rumor list took thier names off. - perhaps due to not "officially" announced by Hasbro.
And b) huyang's card image/tvc #

I'm surprised these figures' confirmed identities haven't leaked yet considering the case is out in the wild overseas. Or at least singles are.

Tvc311. No suprise there really. Except where's 310? And 316? And 271? Most likely 310 is the original fig that got pulled and delayed, "Elevation".

Last edited:
Reactions: bac
Mines of Mandalore Din Djarin is off to the side as well.

Huyang, Din Djarin, Axe Woves, Fleet Commander, Grogu, and 1 more we don't know yet for this wave (unless it's only 5 this time)

The guy that made the post bought numerous of each of the five known figures as he's a dealer. There's no mention of other figures.

^ so my guess..reissues most likely

^ Robaku...

Was to been 2x of "elevation" but then changed to 1 ea of thrawn and ahsoka reissues, but now ??

Last edited:
Well, that's unfortunate. Seems that cuts are really starting to affect what should be prime time figure release. Guess articulation supersedes deco.

Kind of shocking the Disney version has the superior paint apps.

And it wins for being another modular "Droid Factory" figure and you can swap the parts with other figures.

I see no real pressing need to get this version.

Eh. Doesn't look great but if it was compared to the Disney one I wouldn't even notice the difference. For me I'm going to go with whatever is the cheapest option to get the character on my shelf. Not overly enthused either way.

The Disney one looks underscaled, but maybe the TVC one one is slightly too tall, but not by much.

Huyang should be taller than Ahsoka and Hera, so at least TVC got that part right.

huyang.png

Also, I'm not really sure why both Hasbro and Disney made him a cream colour, because in the show, he's definitely more of a silver colour:

huyang2.png

The CW character was more cream like battle droid colour, but the live action Huyang is definitely silver.

Gilligan: Skipper, perhaps the Disney one is really Lecturer Huyang, not up to being a Professor yet
Skipper: [huh!?]
Professor: Most indubiously
1711635955728.png

Last edited:
Hmm...did they screw up the scale of another figure in TVC?? TBS versions seem more inline with each other. Why does this keep happening?

Attachments

• Huyang.jpg
    Huyang.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 23
The Disney one looks underscaled, but maybe the TVC one one is slightly too tall, but not by much.

Huyang should be taller than Ahsoka and Hera, so at least TVC got that part right.

View attachment 489567
This is one aspect where I'd like to see Bossk's reviews get a little more in depth by comparing it to the actual figure it will interact with, such as Ahsoka. The direct comparison is nice, but for those who might not yet have the Disney version still doesn't know how it scales to the figures that matters.
Who's going to pose two Huyang figures together? lol

That will ultimately be the deciding factor for some I believe, which one properly scales to Ahsoka and Sabine.

Also, I'm not really sure why both Hasbro and Disney made him a cream colour, because in the show, he's definitely more of a silver colour:

View attachment 489569

The CW character was more cream like battle droid colour, but the live action Huyang is definitely silver.
I’m sure this is the case of working off the pre-production info & not seeing the final product.

I may get a 2nd to chrome? Not sure yet.

This is one aspect where I'd like to see Bossk's reviews get a little more in depth by comparing it to the actual figure it will interact with, such as Ahsoka. The direct comparison is nice, but for those who might not yet have the Disney version still doesn't know how it scales to the figures that matters.

That will ultimately be the deciding factor for some I believe, which one properly scales to Ahsoka and Sabine.

I agree with this completely. Comparing those Huyangs to Ahsoka and Sabine etc would be far more helpful. Right now, the HUyangs dont even look like they are in the same scale as each other.

View attachment 489569

well according to Jango Fett silver is expensive so that would’ve bumped Wang up to a deluxe figure

I agree with this completely. Comparing those Huyangs to Ahsoka and Sabine etc would be far more helpful. Right now, the HUyangs dont even look like they are in the same scale as each other.
If I recall that was one of the nitpicks with 1-Jak from OWK series, being too tiny compared to other figures. It probably is a cost cutting move though to utilize less plastic on a figure. I remember the older BAD's being quite large, almost as if out of scale to Hasbro's. So maybe they were trying to get closer in size and went too far?

Here's a comparison with Hera. TVC Huyang is way too big.

huyang3.png

Looking at this shot, Hera and Huyang are pretty close in height, if anything Hera is slightly taller:

huyang4.png

Well then, I may have to put the Disney figure's torso on the TVC figure's legs.

Ugly design. I always thought the head looked like a coal miner's helmet. Of that comparison pic between the two though, I still prefer the TVC one.

Back