Hurricane Ida

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Well, almost a complete Katrina repeat, 16 years later to the day. This time, flood water just missed entering the house but I may again have 2 car total losses! Most of my diorama and collection room is ok, but I did lose my ROTJ Rebel Meeting dio 😢

Reaction score
Aw man, not the Home One briefing dio; that was my favorite. :cry: Sorry to hear about the cars, but big congrats on dodging another flooded house. And watch out for those displaced gators - They ornery 'cause medulla oblongata.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Thanks guys! The house is just fine thankfully, and the cars may not require full replacement; I have yet to see based on how they’re parked and access to them. As far as the home one dio, I plan on taking it apart and matching each piece with newly cut pieces to rebuild it again. I’ll have to redo the decals though because I think I don’t have that file anymore!

Reaction score
Glad to hear the damage was minimal, still hate to hear that you've been set back in any way though. I'd been worried about you, hope you get things back to normal soon!

Reaction score
Aw man, not the Home One briefing dio; that was my favorite. :cry: Sorry to hear about the cars, but big congrats on dodging another flooded house. And watch out for those displaced gators - They ornery 'cause medulla oblongata.
Mama says gators are ornery because they have all those teeth and no tooth brush.

Reaction score
Mama say that happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you look at Daigo_Bah's dios. ;):)

Reaction score
I have just seen the horrible damage and flood waters -on TV, in New Jersey, New York and Conn.! poor people, it came so fast! the whole storm was freaky if you think about it, the speed and strength and the trail it wrought through the states!
Diago_Bah, where are you located? you are in the south? please be safe!

Reaction score
Amazing, and incredibly sad, that more people have been killed by this storm up North than where it came ashore.

Southeast LA is pretty beat to hell and back. New Orleans gets the press, and there is plenty of damage there, but the small places no one outside of here can pronounce got walloped pretty good too.

Daigoh Bah, sorry you had some issues, but glad you are still around to tell about it.

The last minute shifts east spared us from any damage this time. We weren’t as fortunate last fall during Delta.

The road to recovery will be long and rough, but Louisiana residents are a tough, resilient bunch and will make it through.

Last edited:

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Thanks so much, everyone! Wow, I had no idea how much more it did up north, we have been out of power of course but we have a generator and limited TV or news outside of our area. The number of houses that had trees on or through them, and of course the injuries and deaths, makes me feel very fortunate. I can re-build the dios and get replacement vehicles, but it’s something else when your home and sentimental things get destroyed!

Reaction score
I hope both of your communities get quick help for recovery! But did the people north get any warnings about flooding? or was the weather to fast for evacuations? I wish LA. did not have to go through all this damage, I wonder what the residents of the 18th and 19 centuries did when the weather was bad? they just didn't live near the coast , not too many people in the area? or were there Mangrove trees growing there?
but back to the present, I wish I could come and help with the recovery effort. watch out for mosquitoes you 2!

Reaction score
NJ we got hit hard & if We were watching news, we knew it was coming right at us.

But hurricanes are rare here. Maybe every 5 years or so we get a major one, & it’s usually partly off shore.

Lot of areas flooded that don’t normally flood, more so in the areas that do.

Luckily I am ok,
checking in on neighbors & such.

Reaction score
God bless you guys.

Mother Nature can be responsible for some of the most beautiful things you could ever hope to see. At the same time, the destructive power she wields is amazing!

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
Yeah, to some who never experienced hurricanes, it might seem foolish to live in an area that has to worry about them on a yearly basis, but like my wife tends to point out, we never have to be concerned with earthquakes that hit without any warning, or wildfires that spread uncontrolled, tornadoes, etc. etc.! At least with these, we have days to a week or more to be aware of what’s coming 🤷🏼

Reaction score
Daigo, you are right! I'm used to earthquakes, but am terrified of tornadoes and floods. fires too! where we are there have been no huge fires, they are on the east side of the state. but a scary problem also are-sinkholes. I think we may have a problem with our property, I will look into this. But please, I hope you and your neighbors get the help you need to recover, 'Don't give up, never surrender'.