Hunting Finds - Hasbro SPRINGS into action!

Reaction score
Cake for KenBen

kenbenobi said:
facehammer said:
You cannot escape the Cake, Kenbenobi. It is your destiny.
Thanks, man. This is the uber depressing one, though.
I guess this day had to come eventually... Now let's see if Target gives me a bday gift today. I want those damn figures!!! I still need most of wave 4, and half of wave 6. Grrr...
Depressing....naaaaw! Good luck in your hunt this weekend.

Today we celebrate KenBenobi's Life Day. **cue Carrie Fisher song**

Reaction score
Re: Cake for KenBen

Birthday Cake History
History of Birthday Cake can be traced back to the ancient Sith who made round or moon shaped honey cakes or bread and took it to the temple of Oola -the Goddess of the Dance. Some scholars, however, believe that the tradition of Birthday cake started in Nar Shaddaa in Middle Ages. Sweetened bread dough was given the shape of baby Plagueis in swaddling cloth and was used to commemorate his birthday. This special birthday cake later reemerged on Yavin as a Jedifest or the birthday celebrations of a young child. Jedi's also baked another special kind of a cake called Gomorrean as it was baked in layers. This was sweeter than the coarse and bread like cake that were usually made at that time.

Reaction score
Re: Galactic Heroes

S 27th st walmart in franklin had wave 6 remnants. Weird jedi, at-rt driver, clone trooper, and royal gaurd

Reaction score
Barriss Offee wave

I finally saw some new figures last night. The FDL walmart had multiples of the Barris Offee wave, at least 3 or 4 of each figure except Wolfe....didn't see any of him.

Reaction score
Re: Barriss Offee wave

Been a while since I consulted with my fellow WI collectors

anyone finding new Marvel Universe? i'm looking for the new comic packs and the Apocalypse wave

Reaction score
Re: Barriss Offee wave

DarthAndosMan said:
Been a while since I consulted with my fellow WI collectors

anyone finding new Marvel Universe? i'm looking for the new comic packs and the Apocalypse wave
Saw the Apocalypse wave a couple of weeks ago at Westfield Comics - not a major retailer by any means.

Saw X-Men: First Class comic packs at TRU in Madison this morning (these are the Marvel Girl/Cyclops and Sabertooth/Wolverine two-packs - not sure if those are what you mean).

Reaction score
OT: Marvel Universe Apocalypse Wave

And just like that, I see the remnants of the Marvel Universe Apocalypse wave at Super Wal-Mart in Monona. Saw 2 gladiators (almost picked one up), 2 first appearance Wolverine (bleh), and one Apocalypse (which I picked up because he's built like a brick house).

Reaction score
Re: OT: Marvel Universe Apocalypse Wave

NotMertz said:
And just like that, I see the remnants of the Marvel Universe Apocalypse wave at Super Wal-Mart in Monona. Saw 2 gladiators (almost picked one up), 2 first appearance Wolverine (bleh), and one Apocalypse (which I picked up because he's built like a brick house).
What's the hardest figure to get from this wave? I found a case at the Delafield Target on Saturday, but only picked up Gladiator, Apocalypse and World War Hulk for my friend Jerry.

Reaction score

Anyone know when the latest SW Legos should be released? I thought it was sometime soon.

Reaction score

Zamps said:
Anyone know when the latest SW Legos should be released? I thought it was sometime soon.
Last I saw was August. But Europe internet sellers have have started selling them already so it may be sooner. Why does TRU always have to be first?

DarthRay

Reaction score
Re: Galactic Heroes

Jimmy_2Pack said:
kenbenobi said:
facehammer said:
You cannot escape the Cake, Kenbenobi. It is your destiny.
Thanks, man. This is the uber depressing one, though.
I guess this day had to come eventually... Now let's see if Target gives me a bday gift today. I want those damn figures!!! I still need most of wave 4, and half of wave 6. Grrr...
Hey! You got a cake on your avatar's head

Every new year that we are in good health and have the privledge to collect Star Wars and socialize with our pals is a good milestone. Don't be bummed out. Enjoy it!
I hope everyone is that kind to me on my birthday j/k

Reaction score

DarthRay said:
Zamps said:
Last I saw was August. But Europe internet sellers have have started selling them already so it may be sooner. Why does TRU always have to be first?

DarthRay
Last year, Target.com had the new Star Wars LEGO in stock on August 2nd. I believe TRU had them a few days before that, but I ordered most of the sets on-line with Target to save 10%.

I don't remember if TRU had their usual mark-up or not last summer. I sort of remember that the first week they had them at MSRP, and then later the prices went up $5-10 for the bigger sets, but I might be thinking of last Christmas.

Reaction score
GG Vinyl Cape Jawa

I thought I would offer locally before offering in the gentle giant forum. I have a PGM membership, but don't collect the 12in figures. So, if anyone wants the SDCC exclusive vinyl caped jawa let me know asap and I will order it and sell it to you at cost (plus any shipping)

Reaction score
Re: GG Vinyl Cape Jawa

Fitchburg Super Target has Boba Fett helps 50% off which comes to $17.xx.

Reaction score
Re: drought

Well, I just got back from a family trip to Virginia. I tried to hit a few Targets and Wal-marts to see what they might have. Best score was the Clone Wars Jabbas palace set I found which I did not have but do now. But as far as Target is concerned the drought is definitely nationwide. They had the exact same peg warmers that are in Oshkosh. Very disheartening since I was hoping to score some stuff we have not seen. I did pick up a Dllr Nep/Plourr Ilo comic 2-pack at a Ross dress for less store for 5.99. great for customizing since I already have this set...

Hoping the drought ends soon....
Happy colllecting all...

Greg

Reaction score

Engage the distribution suckfest O Meter.

Now that the Transformers, Thor, Capt America is all shipped...that factory probably went back to making Star Wars full time.

WIth the report (on the front page of RS) of the Republic Assault Shuttle they should be here about the time Capt America opens in theaters..

Save your SW budget..it is going to get expensive from here...and all those people that are paying $50 to 175 for Wedge will fill stupid once all the stock arrives.

Reaction score

It's not much, but I did find a case of the new Legends figures yesterday. Its nice to see a Spacetrooper instead of all of the clones.

Reaction score

Got Marvel Select Juggernaut and Deadpool. You can see my review in the "Marvel Select" subject under the Super Hero toys & collectibles

but to summarize fantastic figures

Reaction score
SW Mimobots for $10 at B&N

We found a pile of R2D2 and C-3PO 2GB Mimobots at Madison's Barnes & Noble bookstore yesterday for $10 each. They also had little statues designed to sit on the top of computer monitors for $7.50 each. (Fett, Vader & Yoda)

Over two months now without finding a new Hasbro figure. We finished opening every last figure in the house about three weeks ago. Without figures to open or new Clone Wars to watch, both my boys are leaving the Star Wars fold. Hasbro, you need to stop doing this every summer!

Star Wars Mimobot - R2-D2 & C-3PO by Darth Ray, on Flickr

Reaction score
Re: SW Mimobots for $10 at B&N

Hasbro's Star Wars line + Summer = Epic Fail....

Expect the end of July remodels to kick off #$$$$$ for the next lines/assortments. With the vehicles showing up in Malaysia (on the JTA website) and online...July & August will smash budgets across the state.

Reaction score
Re: SW Mimobots for $10 at B&N

DarthRay said:
We found a pile of R2D2 and C-3PO 2GB Mimobots at Madison's Barnes & Noble bookstore yesterday for $10 each.
They've carried those for a while, but they were $20 each, and you appear to have found new ones. I got the Yoda, Vader and Fett, and there is also a stormtrooper. I used 50% off coupons on them, plus was a member at the time, so paid 9 bucks each for them. They are quite cute... I'll have to look for R2 and 3PO...

Reaction score
New Vintage Wave 7 FOUND at Target!

This morning (during "morning huddle") I found a complete case of Star Wars Vintage Wave 7 at the Madison Super Target. (I knew I was counting on Target had to get them as my Walmart and TRU are useless.)

There was 1 full set of the entire wave. The assortment exactly matched this EE Case.

My kids are already fighting over their selections for the next "opening" day. They both want to be the first to play with Fordo ("ARC Trooper Commander").

Hasbro Star Wars Vintage Wave 7 by Darth Ray, on Flickr

Reaction score
Re: New Vintage Wave 7 FOUND at Target!

DarthRay said:
This morning (during "morning huddle") I found a complete case of Star Wars Vintage Wave 7 at the Madison Super Target. (I knew I was counting on Target had to get them as my Walmart and TRU are useless.)

There was 1 full set of the entire wave. The assortment exactly matched this EE Case.

My kids are already fighting over their selections for the next "opening" day. They both want to be the first to play with Fordo ("ARC Trooper Commander").

Darth Ray
I must say, I'm rather surprised. After the CHG meeting, we hit the Target in Madison and noticed tons of old figures falling off the pegs. The Targets near me have only a few figures, if any, and we did not get Wave 7 yet. We could still see possibly them, but my Targets also never received waves 4, 5 or 6!! So I'm still hopeful, but I'm prepared to be disappointed.

Reaction score
Re: New Vintage Wave 7 FOUND at Target!

Bosski said:
DarthRay said:

Darth Ray
I must say, I'm rather surprised. After the CHG meeting, we hit the Target in Madison and noticed tons of old figures falling off the pegs. The Targets near me have only a few figures, if any, and we did not get Wave 7 yet. We could still see possibly them, but my Targets also never received waves 4, 5 or 6!! So I'm still hopeful, but I'm prepared to be disappointed.
My West Side Target & the super Target are both light on Vintage figures. So they seem to get new waves, periodically.

Darth Ray

Reaction score
Re: Clone Wars \"Rapid Strike Vehicle\" Found

Decided to go on a hunt for wave 7 after seeing the posts here. No luck. Hit Targets in WI and IL: Lake Geneva; Algonquin, Elgin, S. Elgin, and Dundee. Nothing in the back either. Looking for all of the new figs in this wave at a Target (have some extras from wave 6 to return for the new ones).

Reaction score

DarthRay said:
Found what TRU called a "Rapid Strike Vehicle" tonight on the way home. TRU had them at $20 each. Only the Castas was worth that th me.

Speeder Bike with Castas by Darth Ray, on Flickr
Ray, you are on a roll!

$20 for those vehicles is steep. Castas is definitely one I want to get, though. Hope they are $3-$4 cheaper elsewhere (especially since the boxes are smaller).

Reaction score

Looked through the Target clearance stuff yesterday. So-so...meh.
30-50% off. Thought about some of the SW LEGOs at 30% off for my son, but that's still a lot of dough. Passed.

SW Clone Wars 2 Packs for 30% off.
MEGA Blocks HALO for 30% off.
Some Tron vehciles for %50 off...meh...

Didn't buy any of it (except for a Settlers of Cataan game for 75% off as a future gift - if you haven't played that board game, you should try it for $7.50 if you find it; it is my new favorite from last year - suggested by a RS pal no less).

Reaction score

DarthRay said:
Zamps said:

DarthRay
There was a LEGO Representative working the floor at TRU on Thursday afternoon (while I was watching, she was organizing the existing inventory). When she paused for a minute, I asked her if she knew when the new Star Wars LEGO would be out and she volunteered "end of the month or August." I did not press her for a specific date, but I guess that confirms what we've been assuming based on past years.

Reaction score

Found: Vintage Wave 7 (one case) at Madison Target West just now. Wohoo!

Reaction score

Found remnants of the Wedge wave at TRU this am. Jango Fett and the repacks.
Bought the one of the new mini rigs..I like them

Reaction score

Found a case of the newest vintage (Jango, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Fordo, etc) at the FDL Target this morning. When I first saw the case I hoped it would have the Wedge in it but no luck.

Also, saw on the news this morning that Harrison Ford and George Lucas will be at EAA this year. Might be worth checking out. I've never been, but I get to see all the planes come in as they fly over my house on the way in and out.

Reaction score

Jimmy_2Pack said:
Found Wave 7 at Lake Geneva Target today too.
No Wedge in that bunch.

Wizard World Groupon deal $15 rather than $35:
http://www.groupon.com/deals/comic-con-chicago?c=all&p=1
Anyone going?
Is Saturday excluded from this Groupon deal? I read all the fine print and I don't think this works for Saturday.

Regarding the Wedge figure, nobody missed out on him when they find Wave 7. He is shipping in a ROTJ revision case only. This assortment has not made its way to retail for some reason. That's why he fetches big bucks. Hopefully they will add him to a future case assortment.