HT Rogue One Darth Vader

Reaction score
Just watched an unboxing video on YouTube and the backdrop stand is just cardboard.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The cod piece looks fine. Toy collectors can be so puerile. They keep going on about this 'diaper' the same wya they kept going on about the shf FO stormtrooper's 'sports bra'. And god forbid should a barechested figure have nipples ...

I think Im gonna buy this once the hype dies down.

Reaction score
After i go back to work when my broken leg is healed i will probably get this vader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
This HT RO Vader looks cool and accurate for what it is supposed to be: RO Vader - with different cod piece, different painted shoulder bells, modified chest box and shiny helmet. If you want Original Trilogy ANH Vader, which was not so shiny in the movie, then go for that HT version.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The cod piece looks fine. Toy collectors can be so puerile. They keep going on about this 'diaper' the same wya they kept going on about the shf FO stormtrooper's 'sports bra'. And god forbid should a barechested figure have nipples ...

I think Im gonna buy this once the hype dies down.
Each to their own.

I still reckon the giant codpiece looks like crap! :whistling:

Reaction score
Should be getting mine within the next couple days. Really looking forward to this one!

Reaction score
I received mine this past week. It's really a nice figure. The cape has a good weight to it and drapes nicely. I really like the shiny armor and how the lenses have that red tint to them, just like in the movie.

They should've made the switches on the belt boxes a little larger though. It takes a while to put the batteries in, then you have to maneuver the belt boxes back into the belt. But while trying it out it actually made a little rip on the belt where the stitching is because the switch was so hard to move. Make sure to be careful with those switches.

Overall a great looking figure. The gloved hands look great, and the articulation is quite good. It comes with a nice reversible cardboard backdrop and either side looks very nice.

Reaction score
I've almost sold enough other stuff so that I can buy this figure. Can't wait!

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been answered already, but how easy/difficult is it to move his inner robe over his shoulder armor?

Reaction score
I've heard it's not hard- the costume isn't supposed to be removed (or so say the instructions), but others that have done it say there's no problem.

Reaction score
Some people have had issue with the belt. It's a very thin peg that inserts at the buckle. I'm not sure if some were glued but I didn't have a problem taking it apart--just be careful. I do think that the way the armor is designed the figure looks better with the inner robes under the armor. The cod piece is really thick which actually helps with filling out the pelvic region but I still think it's ugly.

Reaction score
Ended up upgrading my ANH figure with more Rogue One Vader parts than I'd planned. Knew I wanted the gloves, but also wanted to check out what the other parts looked like.

ANH:
- Body
- Suit
- Inner Robe
- Chest Armor
- Chest Box
- Cod Piece
- Boots
- Lightsaber

Rogue One
- Gloves
- Helmet
- Belt/Boxes
- Shin Guards
- Outer Robe

Reaction score
This is available for approximately $271 on popchultcha for anyone who is interested.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
It's actually still around $270 (before shipping). When it realizes it's being shipped to the US it removes the Australian Taxes. Shipping is about $20.

Reaction score
It's a great site. They often have 20% off everything deals which is usually when I buy from them. They get SS exclusives too so I got the Jump Trooper from them recently for maybe $210 shipped.

Reaction score
Ended up upgrading my ANH figure with more Rogue One Vader parts than I'd planned. Knew I wanted the gloves, but also wanted to check out what the other parts looked like.

ANH:
- Body
- Suit
- Inner Robe
- Chest Armor
- Chest Box
- Cod Piece
- Boots
- Lightsaber

Rogue One
- Gloves
- Helmet
- Belt/Boxes
- Shin Guards
- Outer Robe

Looks Great!

Reaction score
Well, finally broke down and bought this one. Looking forward to its arrival. Now I'll have this and SS's Deluxe ROTJ version.

Reaction score
It's a great site. They often have 20% off everything deals which is usually when I buy from them. They get SS exclusives too so I got the Jump Trooper from them recently for maybe $210 shipped.
Interesting info, thanks for sharing. Did you ever have to pay customs fees or any additional charges over the shipped total?

Reaction score
Looks Great!
Thanks, Darth!

Interesting info, thanks for sharing. Did you ever have to pay customs fees or any additional charges over the shipped total?
Never been charged any customs fees, nor has anyone in the US who ordered from them as far as I know. I believe US customs laws either exclude toys in general (under some high $$ amount) or maybe it's a specific deal with Australia. Highest price item I bought from them was probably the ANH Stormtrooper 2-pack at about $400. Also bought the Bespin Luke set from another Australian seller and wasn't charged any customs there either.

Their shipping is really reasonable too, around $15 to $20 for pack and track which takes 1-2 weeks depending on if it gets held in customs. Heavier packages need to go by EMS which can be about $30, but it's a faster shipping so that's usually under a week.

Reaction score
Absolutely LOVE my R1 Vader! So glad I pulled the trigger on this figure! I know some have reservations about the cod piece, but it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it might now that I see it in person (though I might try to score ANH cod piece just to have a choice).

My only gripe is the boots/greaves (shin armor). HT really could've done a MUCH better job on producing the shin guards to fit the boot tops IMHO. I'm toying with the idea of seeing if the boot/foot/shin guard assembly from the SSC ROTJ Vader could be substituted. I realize the shin guard is a slightly different design, but the fit is so much better. Any thoughts out there? Anyone try substitution? I know the parts I need are available at a reasonable price at Toy Anxiety (so I don't have to cannibalize my ROTJ Vader)

Reaction score
Managed to snap a few shots today thanks to a surprisingly sunny afternoon.

Reaction score
Nice pics. Such a great figure

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Just received this figure today.....wow, it's fantastic. Now pride of place in my collection.

Reaction score
A friend of mine is selling his HT Rogue One Vader for a good price. I'm thinking to get it to use some of the gloves on my JazzInc modded ANH Vader. But I will not use all the gloves, I'm only interested in relaxed hands and fists, not in the holding saber hands/gloves, nor the belt holding ones. Then I might sell the figure with the remaining hands/gloves. I also have an extra Interrogator Droid from ANH Vader that could be included. The thing is: should I sell it as parts or as full figure?