HT Rogue One Darth Vader

Reaction score
The ROTJ SSC Vader helmet looks bad, weirdly shaped and inaccurate. Tough better than the SSC ANH Vader, which was a spectacular fail, it is still way behind the HT, even without mods - if you mod the HT Vader a bit, no SSC Vader figure gets close. I easily passed on SSC one exactly because of that. HT ANH Vader is not perfect, but is above SSC regarding accuracy. It's low points are bad gloves and electronics - but I solved my electronics problem on my custom, so this is better than any HT or SSC now.

I agree on the Helmet. Sad when a HASBRO 12" Darth Vader Helmet has to be used to make something better.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
That codpiece is an eyesore!

I prefer the ANH versions codpiece over the R1 version.

The rest of the figure is nice though.

Also did Vader have the same gloves like the R1 Vader in ANH?

Those gloves kinda look different to me.

Reaction score
Don't see the problem with the cod piece to be honest. This is a must have figure for me. Don't own any other 1/6 vader and this looks beautiful.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Has anyone tried putting the inner tunic over the chest armor to see how that looks or if it's possible?

Reaction score
just got a 14 day notice, just like always SS everything at once then months of nothing, 3rd notification in the last few days

Reaction score
Don't see the problem with the cod piece to be honest. This is a must have figure for me. Don't own any other 1/6 vader and this looks beautiful.

The Rogue One cod piece looks like a giant diaper, its UGLY!

The ANH cod piece is so much nicer and better proportioned!

Last edited:
Reaction score
With the ANH cod

Do you have both figures, Nocternus? I'd be curious to see them side by side. Are there any less obvious difference that might be hard for folks to pick up on? To me it looks like the shin guards here are glossy compared to the ANH ones which were matte and also felt a bit cheap to me. I also thought the ANH cloak was a bit too long.

Reaction score
Do you have both figures, Nocternus? I'd be curious to see them side by side. Are there any less obvious difference that might be hard for folks to pick up on? To me it looks like the shin guards here are glossy compared to the ANH ones which were matte and also felt a bit cheap to me. I also thought the ANH cloak was a bit too long.
As the big guy said "As you wish"

The R1 is taller

Reaction score
Excellent. Thanks for all the pics! My plan currently is to mix and match some parts. I think I like several of the elements from the R1 Vader better.

Reaction score
HT don't seem to care much about consistency. This new Vader is nearly half an inch taller than their ANH version.

Reaction score
Since i'm only interested in OT Vader, I'll easily stick with my ANH JazzInc modded Vader figure. I might look for hands, but I can live with the modified ANH ones as well.

Reaction score
Has anyone tried putting the inner tunic over the chest armor to see how that looks or if it's possible?

The shins are now strapped on

Inner cape
Thanks for sharing the photos Nocternus.
Glad they made a more proportioned chest box...

Same question as movieman78 ... can the inner tunic(cape) be removed & put over the chest armour?

Reaction score
I reckon the chest box looks too big on the R1 Darth Vader. :whistling:
Hehe... I guess you are right in a way cos HT did make the buttons (especially the 3-down system displays)
inconsistent to the size in proportion with the chest box thus making the R1 'black box' looking larger.

The HT ANH however was more accurate in buttons & displays but a smaller chest box in general...

Now looking at these photos the belt buckles of both Hot Toy's ANH & R1 looks smaller as well compared to that B&W photo....
*I still might be wrong when it comes Vader accuracies as I'm no where near expert opinions- these are just based on one photo comparison (sweats)

Last edited:
Reaction score
shipping notice for the end of the month hopefully the cod piece won't look bad on all of them

Reaction score
Hehe... I guess you are right in a way cos HT did make the buttons (especially the 3-down system displays)
inconsistent to the size in proportion with the chest box thus making the R1 'black box' looking larger.

The HT ANH however was more accurate in buttons & displays but a smaller chest box in general...

Now looking at these photos the belt buckles of both Hot Toy's ANH & R1 looks smaller as well compared to that B&W photo....
*I still might be wrong when it comes Vader accuracies as I'm no where near expert opinions- these are just based on one photo comparison (sweats)

The only Vader the R1 figure should be compared to is the R1 Vader