HT Rogue One Darth Vader

Reaction score
Looks like he has improved gloves and a shiny helmet. The bonus backdrop is cool too. Looks great, but I'll stick with my ANH Vader until HT does the ESB or ROTJ version.

Reaction score
I don't need to buy yet another Vader from Hot Toys or Sideshow, but I wish they'd sell that backdrop separately. :(

Reaction score
They do on eBay and stores that part out the figures like Toy Anxiety and Monkeydepot. But it's weird that it says pre-order exclusive. I guess they're noticing a drop off in pre-orders lately.

Reaction score
Backdrops are cool but not going to get another Vader. My Sideshow one is just fine with me.

Reaction score
I really like the look of this figure. Very tempting to get. Is there no ignited lightsabre though? Hope he fights in Rogue One.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hope some Vader experts get on this thread, looks different from ANH/episode 4 Vader, which seems kind of odd considering the movie is supposed to end where Episode 4 begins.
Ep. 4 Vader has the tunic over the shoulders and, yes different gloves. Maybe Vader was obsessive about his outfits and changed them every day?

Reaction score
They do on eBay and stores that part out the figures like Toy Anxiety and Monkeydepot. But it's weird that it says pre-order exclusive. I guess they're noticing a drop off in pre-orders lately.

Maybe the dropoff is due to them repeating the same stuff OVER and OVER instead of doing NEW figures Sideshow never did before. I don't need more incarnations of Vader or Stormtroopers, etc. What I *DO* need is Grand Moff Tarkin, Hoth Rebel Troopers, Hoth Leia, or ANY Padme from the prequel films! :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
Gloves look right for ANH. Everything else, no comment

Reaction score
I really like the look of this figure. Very tempting to get. Is there no ignited lightsabre though? Hope he fights in Rogue One.
Maybe he doesn't?

Then again HT is known to make last minute adjustments.

Reaction score
This figure is coming in December supposedly, so don't know that there's much time for adjustments. I would venture a guess that like Kylo Ren (no headsculpt) they were asked to not include it or something.

Reaction score
a wretched hive of scum and villiany...aka NJ
I'm no expert, but the only things I see are the rebels must really have f'd up his costume between R1 and Ep IV. His chest "robe" goes from under the upper chest plate to over in Ep IV. The small triangular vent is correct to Ep IV helmet. The chest ventilator is correct. The lense however doesn't look to be red, or red enough, maybe the rebels bust his helmet and he had to get quick cheap replacement lenses. Other than that, the helmet looks asymmetrical, just too shiny, but could be explained by the big fight at the end.

Reaction score
For me, it's a case of visual interpretation update... I'm fine with it.

Reaction score
a wretched hive of scum and villiany...aka NJ
Just like Rey with no saber, to not ruin anything, this Vader has not lightsaber because he's going to be using a triple bladed saber that we've never seen him use before, but he'll use it just for this movie. He'll also have light stars, that he throws and it cuts through whatever it spins and hits. We're going to see him jump and twirl through the air and move like he never did from EP. IV-VI because he's gotta be new, fresh, and the coolest bad guy ever. Then at the end of R1, a giant bantha falls from the sky, lands on his head and crushes him, resulting in the slow Vader we see in Ep. IV fighting OB1.

Reaction score
The gloves seems to be improved since the ANH version.... all the shots seems to be prominently 'showing' his gloves this time :D

I still find it weird that they (ROTS & RO) decided to place the inner robe 'below' the chest armour.
Cos as a known fact that in ANH inner robe is 'over' the chest armour.... based on continuation.

Didn't mean to nit-pick... but yeah...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Nice but I'm only interested in OT stuff. I'll only try to get the separate hands if they fit on the HT ANH Vader.

Reaction score
I have the new hope hot toys vader a miss as I wanted a return of the jedi vader. This looks to be closer to a jedi version so I might pick it up. Can anyone more knowledgeable in costume variations let me know what the differences to the jedi costume actually are? Cheers!

Reaction score
I have this funny feeling Vader will have a very minimal role in RO...
hence the 'hilt only' from HT- he might not even get to switch on his lightsaber in the movie...

Just like Luke in TFA(minimal role)...... he didn't wield any lightsaber and it's not included in HT's 1/6 figure.

Reaction score
I have this funny feeling Vader will have a very minimal role in RO...
hence the 'hilt only' from HT- he might not even get to switch on his lightsaber in the movie...

Just like Luke in TFA(minimal role)...... he didn't wield any lightsaber and it's not included in HT's 1/6 figure.

Well unlike Luke in TFA, we at least know Vader has SOME dialogue. It was already confirmed that James Earl Jones has recorded dialogue for him, and that to me is more exciting than Vader simply igniting his saber.

Reaction score
Well unlike Luke in TFA, we at least know Vader has SOME dialogue. It was already confirmed that James Earl Jones has recorded dialogue for him, and that to me is more exciting than Vader simply igniting his saber.
That is good news.... and I understand there'll be dialogue, I just hope it's not a one liner short scene kinda thing....
I understand RO focuses on the Jyn & the rebels , but I'm hoping Vader will have more airtime;
unlike characters like Luke or Captain Phasma (in TFA)... which were anti-climax characters for most fans.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I would agree except for his dialog in ROS was about 2 sentences and a minute long Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Reaction score
Oh man if they do that! Ugh! Back to Vader they really need to show something really different (in a good way) to get me to purchase this one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
on the fence with this version, he's my favorite character but I have 3 versions so far. Really need to add something to make it worth while the backdrop really isn't doing it for me.

Reaction score
on the fence with this version, he's my favorite character but I have 3 versions so far. Really need to add something to make it worth while the backdrop really isn't doing it for me.
I don't yet own any 1/6 version of vader, and this looks like the best version available to date, so I am certainly looking to pick it up. Looks fantastic.

Reaction score
The only other Vader I'd ever want to buy from Hot Toys or Sideshow would be the battle damaged one from The Force Unleashed game, but that window of opportunity is long gone now that the game is basically written out of continuity and forgotten by LFL and its licensees.

Reaction score
The only other Vader I'd ever want to buy from Hot Toys or Sideshow would be the battle damaged one from The Force Unleashed game, but that window of opportunity is long gone now that the game is basically written out of continuity and forgotten by LFL and its licensees.

That would be sweet

Reaction score
The SW one yes but the ROJ one not a chance. Actually I am waiting for a ESB one so I hope they get all the bugs worked out on SS and Hot Toys before we see that one. And with Hot Toys with rusty wires in the clothes and other defects I can mention over and over they have certainly lost some of there original glory!

Reaction score
The SW one yes but the ROJ one not a chance. Actually I am waiting for a ESB one so I hope they get all the bugs worked out on SS and Hot Toys before we see that one. And with Hot Toys with rusty wires in the clothes and other defects I can mention over and over they have certainly lost some of there original glory!
The ROTJ SSC Vader helmet looks bad, weirdly shaped and inaccurate. Tough better than the SSC ANH Vader, which was a spectacular fail, it is still way behind the HT, even without mods - if you mod the HT Vader a bit, no SSC Vader figure gets close. I easily passed on SSC one exactly because of that. HT ANH Vader is not perfect, but is above SSC regarding accuracy. It's low points are bad gloves and electronics - but I solved my electronics problem on my custom, so this is better than any HT or SSC now.

Reaction score
So what problems are people seeing with this new version? The gloves are certainly rectified.

Reaction score
I was not a huge fan of the first HT Vader, even after seeing it in person (which usually does the trick). This one looks a lot better. Must resist...