QUESTION How to recognize C3PO (solid) vs Removable limbs

Reaction score
Probably a very stupid question, but I thought this might be the forum to ask this:

Is there any way to tell these Kenner 1977-83 C3POs apart without trying to pull off the limbs? (which I assume could damage an original c3po without removable limbs.)

Lex

Reaction score
The first one is stamped 1977, the second (removable limbs) 1982.

Reaction score
The limbs on a removable C-3P0 aren't exactly in there real tight. They come out without much effort and you'd be hard pressed to mistake a removable limb version for the earlier version on that alone. Another way to tell is the earlier version tends to be more gold in color. While the removable limb version is more silver. Think in-between the original 3P0 and the Death Star Droid.

Reaction score
Still waiting for covid restrictions to lift. Can handle most of the rules, but not being able to go out and hunt 2nd hand stores for old kenner stuff is killing me ;)
I can of course buy from online stores or ebay but the prices right now are INSANE...

Reaction score
Still waiting for covid restrictions to lift. Can handle most of the rules, but not being able to go out and hunt 2nd hand stores for old kenner stuff is killing me ;)
I can of course buy from online stores or ebay but the prices right now are INSANE...
a couple months back a 2nd hand store had a bunch of minirigs and a millenium falcon and y wing that were donated that they decided to sell the lot for $25. 3 minutes after it posted online I was at the store buying it (with the tub it was in). I was leaving the store (still inside) when someone else came in looking for the same stuff. needless to say, I have 4 minirigs, an atst, a millenium falcon, a y wing, and parts to a speeder bike, all pre 1985