how to FIX a Hasbro 1999 Leia doll, who hair has been cut.

Reaction score
I stopped at the smaller thrift store near my house, since unlike goodwill, this place is never that busy and they give each doll there own bag. might have been why i found a Hasbro 1999 Leia doll with her dress and some accessories. (since she was safe in the bag, no little kids could pull off her accessory ) While she has no shoes. and her hair cut, really short. she is in pretty good condition aside from the hair cut. the dress was a bit dirty, but i hand washed it with wollet and it came clean. oh and she even had her little doll undies too. i paid $2.50 for her. so it's a pretty nice find.

i heard of re-rooting a doll but, i have never done it before and if it involves removing the head, i might pass on it. unless i can add hair without taking the current stuff out.

it might be hard to see, because of the counter color, but that's how short her hair is. this is fresh out of the bag.

a better view on how short her hair is.

it's so short, i could not pull the hair into a pony tale. so i took a hair tie and use it has a head band to hold it back.

so if anyone can give me tips on how to give her some more hair, so i can try to get as close to the oringal as possible. i'd love it. OH and a pic of what the oringal doll's hair looked like

Reaction score
Hello, I don't think you'll get any help here as you posted in the wrong section (this is the vintage toys section). You should post in the modern section.
-Matth

Reaction score
You'd def need to remove the head to re-root, and there are tutorials and links to supplies online. You can also send it to a re-rooter (alot on Etsy) that can do it for you. Either way would be more expensive than just buying a new one of ebay.

Reaction score
I'm almost done re-rooting it. i did the knot method since I had a ton of sewing needles at home. with shipping i was able to get some nice doll hair for about $8.00. i looked at e-bay and the cheapest doll was at 12.99 but shipping was 10.00. So i think the re-rooting ended up being cheaper as i only had to buy the hair, any other tool i nedded for the knot-method. i found laying around the house.

So, what is the best way to style the hair, i want to get it some what close to the oringal hair style.

i had one set back, even though I was being careful and going slow, I broke the neck joint and it fell into the head, it took forever to get out.. i use super glue to reattach it to the neck.

Reaction score
I would have just bought a new Leia off eBay, etc since its missing the shoes.

Sounds like too much hassle re-rooting the hair and having to find replacement shoes for her.

Reaction score
I would have just bought a new Leia off eBay, etc since its missing the shoes.

Sounds like too much hassle re-rooting the hair and having to find replacement shoes for her.
well, I just finished re-rooting her hair. it took a while but it looks really nice.. now to style it. :p how on earth did they originally get the wrap braid?

Reaction score
I have it all styled.. it's as close as i could get it. I love how she turned out. i tried to use craft glue to hold the top braid. but it would not hold.. so i made a risky move and used super glue.. at least the hair will stay XD