QUESTION How many TAC coins are there?

Reaction score
I recently dug up my coins from the 30th Anniversary Collection and I've decided to try to get the rest of the coins for the set, I've only got about 50 coins so far, but I can't find a checklist of how many coins there are. From what info I could find online I think there is 92 coins in a set, but I'm not sure as I came to that total myself based on different sources. I put a list below, are there any I don't know of? Does anyone here know how many coins are in a set?

Also, I've only seen the base set of 60 coins for sale going for 200 bucks, but does anyone know what a full set would go for?

Here is the coins I know of -

base set 1-60
UGH 12 gold coins
mail in set 7 coins
Episode I - VI coins
Expanded Universe gold and black coin
McQuarrie Concept Luke - Celebration IV
McQuarrie Concept R2-D2 & C-3PO - Celebration IV
McQuarrie Concept Obi-Wan Kenobi & Yoda SDCC
Concept General Grievous StarWarsShop.com
Celebration IV coin

total - 92 coins

Reaction score
While coins aren't my areas of expertise, I'd hazard to guess it would be much cheaper just to get the ones you don't have rather than paying for a complete set. I can't imagine that they're going for that much loose, I was able to get a few several years ago on ebay, though it was when everything was still in production. Now that it's OOP maybe they've risen in price, it's the Exclusive/rare ones that will command a higher price as with anything.

I never did complete the set as I simply lost interest. I have noticed that some the McQuarrie figs don't even command that high of a price considering they were $15 back in the day. So who knows. TVC seems to be in more demand and to lesser degree certain EU figures that were HTF

Reaction score
I actually found the Vader figure and album combo pack last weekend at a local store. I have a few of the McQuarrie figures already, although I really don't want to open them just for the coins. However my biggest hurdle will probably try to get the coins for Revan and Malak. Those figures already go for stupid amounts, and I doubt trying to get just the coins will be that much cheaper.

Reaction score
The McQuarrie Concept figures were some of my favorite that they did. I have a loose set and they're really great figures.

I know you can still find the Vader with album for cheap, sometimes as low as $5 I guess they overproduced them. I remember when the coins just came out the first few waves had coins that were really scratched up, this was because when they were being produced in batches they would land on top of each other and the edges would cause deep scratches on the coins. They corrected the issue with later waves, but trying to find coins from the early waves in really good condition is almost impossible.

When I was collecting the coins back then I ended up with a bunch of duplicates, I know I have a extra Malak coin, it looks like they go for $10-$15 on ebay when they are available. The most I have is about 20 of the Expanded Universe black coins because I bought a lot of Shadow Stormtroopers.

Reaction score
I know you can still find the Vader with album for cheap, sometimes as low as $5
Dang now I feel kind of foolish for paying $20 for it lol. Oh well, I had never seen one before and thought it was a cool concept. Good to know about the Malak coins, maybe it won't be so unsurmountable to complete the album as I initially thought.

Reaction score
Dang now I feel kind of foolish for paying $20 for it

Actually, that's not a bad price for it when you consider that if you got it online you would have to pay shipping so it might have cost more, and you had the thrill of finding it in a store and that's better than waiting on it. There are some sellers that want $50 or more for it, but they won't ever sell at that price. Back in 2010 my TRU had piles of them for $2 each and they were just sitting there nobody wanted them.

If you're just looking for the coins without the figures you can find them for good prices on ebay. Most of the coins go for $5-$10 and the gold and exclusive coins usually for $10-$15 the most from what I've seen, of course there are always going to be sellers that want way more than that, but if you shop around you can get a better price.

I've been buying some of the coins I need on ebay, one seller I can recommend is southbeachtoyzz. I've got stuff from them before and I just got a batch of coins that I need from them, and they have every coin in stock, just send them a list of what you need.

If you think about it, if you bought the figures at retail it would have cost $600 just to get the base set of 60 coins if you average it at $10 a figure. If you got the other 30 something coins, some of which were exclusives and would cost more, and you still average it at $10 each it would have cost about a grand to get a full set back then. But now it looks like you can get a full set for $200-$400 if you get the coins individually.

Reaction score
I recently dug up my coins from the 30th Anniversary Collection and I've decided to try to get the rest of the coins for the set, I've only got about 50 coins so far, but I can't find a checklist of how many coins there are. From what info I could find online I think there is 92 coins in a set, but I'm not sure as I came to that total myself based on different sources. I put a list below, are there any I don't know of? Does anyone here know how many coins are in a set?

Also, I've only seen the base set of 60 coins for sale going for 200 bucks, but does anyone know what a full set would go for?

Here is the coins I know of -

base set 1-60
UGH 12 gold coins
mail in set 7 coins
Episode I - VI coins
Expanded Universe gold and black coin
McQuarrie Concept Luke - Celebration IV
McQuarrie Concept R2-D2 & C-3PO - Celebration IV
McQuarrie Concept Obi-Wan Kenobi & Yoda SDCC
Concept General Grievous StarWarsShop.com
Celebration IV coin

total - 92 coins

There was also a Celebration Europe coin and an Indy IV coin. Not sure where that was given out (Celebration or SDCC). And also a Toy Fair coin, but it's the same one that came with the mail-in set. Here's the link to the Rebelscum photo archive - http://www.rebelscum.com/TACcoins.asp

Also, if you were a backer for the Blue Milk Vintage Collection Archive book, one of the tiers included three exclusive coins representing the Millennium Falcon, Khetanna Sail Barge, and Slave 1. I think they were supposed to be made in the same mold as the TAC coins, but I can't remember. While not an official part of the collection, it would make an interesting addition.

Reaction score
Found it. The coins were a stretch goal, not a backer tier. And it was Jabba, not the Falcon.

From the web page (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bluemilk/star-wars-the-vintage-collection-archive-edition-book)

$175,000 - UNLOCKED

Sorry About the Mess: A three (3) coin set featuring the Slave I, Jabba the Hutt, and Jabba's Sail Barge. Not only do these coins tell the story of Han Solo's journey from The Empire Strikes Back to Return of the Jedi, but the Slave I, Jabba, and Jabba's Barge have never had their own coins in either Kenner's Power of the Force or Hasbro's 30th Anniversary lines. They'll fit in perfectly with your existing coin collection.

Reaction score
There was also a Celebration Europe coin and an Indy IV coin. Not sure where that was given out (Celebration or SDCC). And also a Toy Fair coin, but it's the same one that came with the mail-in set. Here's the link to the Rebelscum photo archive - http://www.rebelscum.com/TACcoins.asp

Also, if you were a backer for the Blue Milk Vintage Collection Archive book, one of the tiers included three exclusive coins representing the Millennium Falcon, Khetanna Sail Barge, and Slave 1. I think they were supposed to be made in the same mold as the TAC coins, but I can't remember. While not an official part of the collection, it would make an interesting addition.

Thanks for the info. I didn't know about the Celebration Europe coin, so the total is 93 coins. I'm not sure I would count the Indy coin as part of the set though. I came across that page in the Rebelscum archive before, they only show 72 coins there. The coins they don't show are the12 UGH gold coins, 7 mail in coins, and the Expanded Universe black coin, which is how I arrived at the original total.

I'll definitely check out the other coins you mentioned, as it sounds like something I would be interested in.

Reaction score
It took me awhile to track them all down. I only need the silver Smuggler Han Solo and Hologram Darth Vader. I didn't really start trying to complete the set until 2012. Since you need two albums, and the second album is only half full, I added the 7 Millennium Minted Coins from the POTF2 days.