How many scientific papers do you think are published per year in the Star Wars galaxy?

Reaction score
I recently read that there are 1.8 million scientific papers published on Earth per year. In the Star Wars galaxy, there are billions of worlds so there must be trillions of scientists. Is it safe to say that there are like quadrillions of papers published each year and the holo-database is slow as a turtle when researching?

Reaction score
2qb8hvqlu2n71.jpg

Reaction score
I recently read that there are 1.8 million scientific papers published on Earth per year. In the Star Wars galaxy, there are billions of worlds so there must be trillions of scientists. Is it safe to say that there are like quadrillions of papers published each year and the holo-database is slow as a turtle when researching?
This is a great question!

A few years ago, I was looking into how schools worked in the SW-universe. I wondered the same thing! I also want to know what people major in, if they have a choice under the Empire or if an aptitude test narrows it down for them, etc.

I think it’s safe to say not all worlds would have scientific research as we consider it, similar to native tribes on Earth, but there are probably still research teams who study their practices, etc. I’d say trillions of thesis are created (easily) by the galaxy wide population still. Given how efficient the databases I use(d) for my research are, I’d assume the Star Wars equivalent is just as good, even given the massive amount of documents being processed.

Reaction score
I wonder if during the Imperial years scientific research was quashed. One of the things that aids in the survival of authoritarian regimes is limiting critical thinking in the populace. The ability to think critically and deeply is important.

I often wonder too if the Jedi engaged in scientific research. They seem like an enlightened group (well at times but at others they seem blinded by their own dogma...).

I now want a Star Wars series dedicated to the exploration of science in the galaxy far, far away.