how hard will it be to rebuild an imperial shuttle?

Reaction score
more than likely the only way i can ever own an imperial shuttle is to find a fixer upper and buy parts for it.
i have a lead on some guns but how hard will the rest be? also if the body isnt intact wha tdo i need to know about the wing mecanism?

Reaction score
Other than rebuilding the skiff, I think the shuttle is the toughest vehicle to rebuild. From an economic standpoint. The cockpit glass and ramp are wildly high just because you don't see them very often. Not to mention if any of the wing mechanics are broken or the motor doesn't work. It's definitely easier and cheaper to buy a complete one. Just put $5-$10 per week to the side and in a year's time you'll have enough to buy a very nice complete one.

Reaction score
motor? for what the wings? well crap didnt know it had a motor.. what else do i need to know?
ill do my best to get a beater thats as complete as possible i know the ramp and side door are pretty rare as well.

Reaction score
Yeah, this is one of the most complex vehicles I our line. Through the years I have been restoring one. I have purchased a couple of these that were missing some parts . The trick is to buy them with the parts you are missing and look for ones In rough shape for the parts lot.

All this being said. The most trickiest part is matching up color. These fade or darken. You don't want to piece together a ship with 4 different color tones to the shell. It's just like the cockpit cover for the falcon . Hard to match up .

The gears on the wings were a bad design and break quite often. Too much weight on the wings and kids weren't the most gentle with them.

I found a nice shell and then went parts digging. Mine is still in boxes, but I do have one complete. I could use a better ramp but I'm fine for now.

Good luck

Last edited:
Reaction score
motor? for what the wings? well crap didnt know it had a motor.. what else do i need to know?
ill do my best to get a beater thats as complete as possible i know the ramp and side door are pretty rare as well.

No. The motor sits on the battery cover and just makes sound like the rest of the sound effects. Very simple set up and cheap motor. Mine works . Most of the motors work. They just need to run.

Reaction score
No. The motor sits on the battery cover and just makes sound like the rest of the sound effects. Very simple set up and cheap motor. Mine works . Most of the motors work. They just need to run.
oh ok its like th y wing probably then. my y wing didnt work but i watched the retro blasting video and i fixed it.
toyman if you have any spare parts to offload let me know. while i wont beg or ask for handouts the more people donate the faster i could get this thing done.
i really should to start with the body that way i could add things as i get them. discoloration is annpying and i would do my best i probably wouldnt mind slight color issues so long as it isnt a patchwork quilt ship.
recently in gi joe my gung ho broke when i over tightened his screw. as it happened his back was greener than his chest and the new chest and back i got were much better colored than the last one.

Reaction score
oh ok its like th y wing probably then. my y wing didnt work but i watched the retro blasting video and i fixed it.
toyman if you have any spare parts to offload let me know. while i wont beg or ask for handouts the more people donate the faster i could get this thing done.
i really should to start with the body that way i could add things as i get them. discoloration is annpying and i would do my best i probably wouldnt mind slight color issues so long as it isnt a patchwork quilt ship.
recently in gi joe my gung ho broke when i over tightened his screw. as it happened his back was greener than his chest and the new chest and back i got were much better colored than the last one.

My shop and storage area are completely upside down right now and all out of sorts .. looks like a mini tornado hit. Lol.

I need a few weeks to get things back in order and I will go over my parts. I might have a few pieces so hang in there.

From memory, I may have a spare shell or parts to the shell. I know I don't have extra doors or glass for sure.

Last edited:
Reaction score
My shop and storage area are completely upside down right now and all out of sorts .. looks like a mini tornado hit. Lol.

I need a few weeks to get things back in order and I will go over my parts. I might have a few pieces so hang in there.

From memory, I may have a spare shell or parts to the shell. I know I don't have extra doors or glass for sure.
ok im in no hurry :) so far i have a lead on some guns but thats it.

Reaction score
ok im in no hurry :) so far i have a lead on some guns but thats it.

Guns are usually the cheapest part, but sit tight before you buy anything. Wouldn't hurt to put items in your watch list on ebay and start researching what's what.

We'll get there.

Reaction score
A few vintage toy shops have beater shuttles that are missing parts and stickers. There going for over $150 or more for fixer uppers! Try looking for vehicle lots on EBay and many times you can get one in a missmosh auction for not a bad price. Only issue is piecing off of the other items, however if you army build multi-vehicles rock!

Reaction score
A few vintage toy shops have beater shuttles that are missing parts and stickers. There going for over $150 or more for fixer uppers! Try looking for vehicle lots on EBay and many times you can get one in a missmosh auction for not a bad price. Only issue is piecing off of the other items, however if you army build multi-vehicles rock!
ill be lucky to piece together one shuttle so no army building vehicles :p i cant really afford 150$ for a beater so probably a part or two a month for 20$ is probably the easiest way though the longest and most ardous way so im just looking to see who has parts to help me along.

Reaction score
The side door is one of, if not THE toughest part to find. Those two little tabs on the door break off pretty easy. While my shuttle is complete, the tabs on my door broke years ago. Every now and then, I look for a new one. Needless to say, I don't have one yet. Unbroken doors are just ridiculously high.

Reaction score
ill be lucky to piece together one shuttle so no army building vehicles :p i cant really afford 150$ for a beater so probably a part or two a month for 20$ is probably the easiest way though the longest and most ardous way so im just looking to see who has parts to help me along.
Take it from me put that 20 in an envelope and buy complete. Ive been trying to complete certain vehicles for YEARS ant the cost of the vehicle comes out nearly 60 percent more. Ask my Sandcrawler...

Reaction score
Take it from me put that 20 in an envelope and buy complete. Ive been trying to complete certain vehicles for YEARS ant the cost of the vehicle comes out nearly 60 percent more. Ask my Sandcrawler...

Yeah, I still have a tatooine skiff missing 1 rail and 2 legs. You can say I have a peg legged skiff :eek:

I have been looking for a skiff that has the legs so I can just buy it and re sell the body. Not really what I had intended, jt I really don't have a choice if I want a completed one. I can always just buy the acrylic stand but I'd rather have it complete.

One option that seems to be popular is others are using 95 parts to complete them . Not really sure that's the direction I want to go.

Reaction score
Yeah, I still have a tatooine skiff missing 1 rail and 2 legs. You can say I have a peg legged skiff :eek:

I have been looking for a skiff that has the legs so I can just buy it and re sell the body. Not really what I had intended, jt I really don't have a choice if I want a completed one. I can always just buy the acrylic stand but I'd rather have it complete.

One option that seems to be popular is others are using 95 parts to complete them . Not really sure that's the direction I want to go.
i know ill get shot for saying this but what if i build one entirely out of repro parts?
insane sure but we would know what it was (and nobody would want it! :p ) and it would be cheap :/
im not seriously considering it (yet) just tossing ideas out there. otherwise i expect a very long road ahead.
good to know dj ill watch out for it and let you know if i see one.

Reaction score
i know ill get shot for saying this but what if i build one entirely out of repro parts?
insane sure but we would know what it was (and nobody would want it! :p ) and it would be cheap :/
im not seriously considering it (yet) just tossing ideas out there. otherwise i expect a very long road ahead.
good to know dj ill watch out for it and let you know if i see one.

The only repro parts I know of for the shuttle would be the gears .

Reaction score
If you are looking for cheaper, and willing to settle, just get the re-released ones.

Reaction score
If you are looking for cheaper, and willing to settle, just get the re-released ones.

I'm actually debating on an A wing new release. Now hurry and not looking. My spending is over for the year anyway. We will see. I'm

Reaction score
I did this on the new Skiff and it looks great in my vintage display. not as good as original but $40 compared to 350-400 bucks was a no-brainer for me.
And I couldn't agree more on saving and buying complete as opposed to piecing items together. I learned the hard way as well.

Reaction score
I did this on the new Skiff and it looks great in my vintage display. not as good as original but $40 compared to 350-400 bucks was a no-brainer for me.
And I couldn't agree more on saving and buying complete as opposed to piecing items together. I learned the hard way as well.
id be more than happy with potf2 versions and honestly i think i have seen potf2 skiffs (sigh even if it means ANOTHER jedi luke) for acepptable price levels thng is the shuttle is about the same as the original in terms pf price levels. i thnk it was only rereleased once under fao scwartz but im not sure

Reaction score
well i got the guns i thnk they go on the front body.
i also got a blue imperial blaster and blue smuggler blaster
im just going to assume those go to ig88 and bespin luke since not many other blue weapons i need in those style.

Reaction score
Yeah the Sandcrawler is CRAZY. I got REALLY lucky and got a Sandcrawler at a Goodwill store a few years ago for only $4.99! It had absolutely everything except the remote. That remote cost me 10 times the price of the Sandcrawler.

Reaction score
I pulled a stripped down AT AT from goodwill about 5 years ago for 1 dollar. The electronics still worked. Those days are gone now. All the goodwills around here are for total proffit, all the good stuff never hits the floor. It sells on auction

Reaction score
I pulled a stripped down AT AT from goodwill about 5 years ago for 1 dollar. The electronics still worked. Those days are gone now. All the goodwills around here are for total proffit, all the good stuff never hits the floor. It sells on auction
Agreed. Over here charity shops such as Oxfam sell Star Wars toys online at inflated prices. At least it goes towards the poor.

Reaction score
Agreed. Over here charity shops such as Oxfam sell Star Wars toys online at inflated prices. At least it goes towards the poor.

Not here it doesnt. The money goes in the owners pockets.

Reaction score
im not ripping anyone off but since all the crazys want 800$ for a shuttle i kind of have to hope somebody sells one for cheap. why do you think im putting one together a piece at a time? for fun? :p no its because thast the only way.
most recently in ghostbusters a figure i wanted was going for insane amounts and then someone listed it under the wrong name for like 12$ jackpot. hoping for the same with anything sw.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There are people regularly selling them here around 200. I just dont have the room.

Reaction score
The only true thrift stores now are in church basements. The rest of them are like chain stores. The prices are beyond insane. 6 bucks for a scratched lp....

Reaction score
how big is the shuttle anyway? ive seen it on retroblastings livestreams but its hard to get an accurate estimate when its on a shelf in the background.

Takes up alot of room. Wings down goes almost 3 feet and close to 2 feet tall.

I went through my hoard and forgot I already cashed in my extra parts from my shuttle last year. My room was completely over run and I had no idea what was what. I finally got it all sorted out and manageable again.

Reaction score
I am missing both front canons and I did not want to shell out the 30$+ per canon ebay sellers are asking. I discovered tinkercad... and I started modelling it. It's clearly not a reproduction, but it was fun to make. It's printing as I write.

Let me know what you think.

Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 8.04.36 PM.png

Now, if anyone has an extra side door, let me know.