How do I sale My Vintage Star Wars Collection

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum. I have a large vintage collection that is in great shape. I even have the Death Star with all it's parts and the box. I want to sale it as a complete set. To look at it you can go to www.facebook.com/JFStarwars/ If anyone has a suggestion on how to sale it please let me know. Thanks.

Reaction score
The verb you're looking for is sell, you are using the noun sale improperly. You are seeking to sell that which you have for sale.

Reaction score
scarfman that doesn't really answer my question. Lobotscomb I have a general idea of it's worth but I would like info on how to get the most for it.

Reaction score
A good way to get the most for it would be to find someone that is interested in buying everything you're trying to sale, like, ohhh, I dunno, Lobotscomb, and then telling him what you feel its worth and then the age old dance of negotiation begins.

That said, saleing as a lot, there's always a concession in price, that's the motivation for the buyer to buy all the items you are saleing. If you want the price that all the items sell for individually, you'll have to sell them individually.

A question for you: The pictures on your facebook listing are the same ones that you uploaded to this forum four and a half years ago. Has the collection been in storage since then? Do you have current pictures or have you verified that everything is in the same condition?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks DarthPete, that's good info. Yes, they are the same photos and yes it's in the same condition. I'm hesitant to put out a price just yet. I'm trying to gather information. Based on what you said maybe it's better to sell individually. Is E-Bay the best way?

Reaction score
Is E-Bay the best way?
Ebay and paypal will take about 15% between them, and it takes a lot more work to piece it all out individually. So, if you want to sell it to Lobot's Comb and avoid the fees and hassle, that's also something to consider.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Grammar shaming is pretty low, especially if you don't know the poster's main language and other considerations.
(I'm only here because this thread was reported. I've closed the report.

Reaction score
Grammar shaming is pretty low, especially if you don't know the poster's main language and other considerations.
(I'm only here because this thread was reported. I've closed the report.
It's not shaming, its correction. It would have been "low" if I had insulted or made a mockery of him. I did not shame him, or imply anything of the sort. Utinniii you're pretty quick to ascribe ill intentions where none are to be found.
Please look at the forum rules under common courtesy, the part on minding your spelling and grammar.

Edited 7/15 12:50am : added quote

Last edited:

Utinniii

Reaction score
It's not shaming, its correction. It would have been "low" if I had insulted or made a mockery of him. I did not shame him, or imply anything of the sort. Utinniii you're pretty quick to ascribe ill intentions where none are to be found.
Please look at the forum rules under common courtesy, the part on spelling and grammar.
You are pretty quick with your own assumptions. I wasn't singling you out. That is the problem with written text. Nuances are lost.

I'd like to think DP was being funny with his response. However, the fact remains that this thread was reported and I addressed it. I made a blanket statement that reflects the TOU. I made no judgements or ascribed "ill intentions".

Reaction score
You are pretty quick with your own assumptions. I wasn't singling you out. That is the problem with written text. Nuances are lost.

I'd like to think DP was being funny with his response. However, the fact remains that this thread was reported and I addressed it. I made a blanket statement that reflects the TOU. I made no judgements or ascribed "ill intentions".
How am I not singled out if I'm the only one to mention a grammatical error?
Calling something "low" is a rebuke, a rebuke of what if not bad behavior.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You aren't. Read carefully.
Don't shoot the messenger.
I saw DarthPete's use of the word "sale", It was positively covert. The thread still reads to the casual observer as you calling me low.
I reported the troll from DarthBeek, you used that as a foot in the door to chide me.

Utinniii

Reaction score
Not everything is about you. Don't take things so personally.
DarthPete might have been shaming the OP.
Darth Beek might have been shaming you.

End of discussion.

Last edited:
Reaction score
A good way to get the most for it would be to find someone that is interested in buying everything you're trying to sale, like, ohhh, I dunno, Lobotscomb, and then telling him what you feel its worth and then the age old dance of negotiation begins.

That said, saleing as a lot, there's always a concession in price, that's the motivation for the buyer to buy all the items you are saleing. If you want the price that all the items sell for individually, you'll have to sell them individually.

A question for you: The pictures on your facebook listing are the same ones that you uploaded to this forum four and a half years ago. Has the collection been in storage since then? Do you have current pictures or have you verified that everything is in the same condition?
LOL HILARIOUS!

Reaction score
*pokes head in* Gadzooks. I don't take 4.5 year old pictures in a for sale thread very seriously. So yeah I was being tongue in cheek/just a bit of fun, with the use of the word sale in place of sell while, benefit of the doubt, I was giving suggestions.

Reaction score
Apologies if anyone took it too seriously or I contributed to the disruption.

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum. I have a large vintage collection that is in great shape. I even have the Death Star with all it's parts and the box. I want to sale it as a complete set. To look at it you can go to www.facebook.com/JFStarwars/ If anyone has a suggestion on how to sale it please let me know. Thanks.
i would say find out what going prices are for on ebay for starters. Then list on here or ebay. Also, if you have minty figures, have them cased and graded by AFA, you will get even more money out of your sale. AFA collecting remains hot and popular, unlike the other competitors that are having a hard time in my opinion.

Reaction score
Also, if you have minty figures, have them cased and graded by AFA, you will get even more money out of your sale. AFA collecting remains hot and popular,
Ehh? I thought prices were down all over for AFA?!? Which is it . . . ?

Reaction score
Also, if you have minty figures, have them cased and graded by AFA, you will get even more money out of your sale. AFA collecting remains hot and popular,

Reaction score
AFA collecting remains hot and popular, unlike the other competitors that are having a hard time in my opinion.
Which reminds me... AFA was informed of how you treat their rivals. More specifically your 2017 stuff. So TL;DR they claim what you are doing goes against their best interests. And they are aware that if you are getting any benefits for doing this it will hurt their reputation even more.

So I'll leave it at that.

Wrong person to ask. But what you said is true. eBay is showing more sales where it counts when it comes to AFA. And the majority of those sales are either through auctions or the seller accepted a lower price.

Other than that I am also wondering how many of the AFA graded goods on eBay are re-sales, versus ones that were recently graded. But that is something that caused me to spend hours trying to figure out, versus giving you a quick response. 😅

Reaction score
Wrong person to ask. But what you said is true. eBay is showing more sales where it counts when it comes to AFA. And the majority of those sales are either through auctions or the seller accepted a lower price.

Other than that I am also wondering how many of the AFA graded goods on eBay are re-sales, versus ones that were recently graded. But that is something that caused me to spend hours trying to figure out, versus giving you a quick response. 😅
Was a jab at HMF. He recently stated prices were down all over . . . according to his blah database blah blah. He only pays attention to AFA. Prices for ungraded loose, ships and other items continue to rise! Now he states AFA is hot?

Reaction score
Was a jab at HMF. He recently stated prices were down all over . . . according to his blah database blah blah. He only pays attention to AFA. Prices for ungraded loose, ships and other items continue to rise! Now he states AFA is hot?
Good to know that I used my time "wisely". 😅 Then again HMF is a well known troll supporter of AFA. There is even a very good chance that he signed up as GalenErso at Swf.uk. And I say that because two posts were made, and the last was a retort to a regular board member there. So as long as the mods do not enforce a rule that disallows such actions, and AFA is around, expect that to be an ongoing theme with him.

Plus I have done some pre-grading price comparisons. Here is what I found:

AFA: Archival (Vintage) (standard cardback) ($110) + Grading Certificate ($20) + no photos (option removed) ($0) = $130 per figure (before shipping)

UKG: Grading (standard cardback) (£24.99) + Protective clear polybag (£0.30) + UV casing upgrade (£15) + Material case thickness upgrade (£15) + x3 photos (front, back, label) (£5) + COA to go with toy (£20) + 7 day fast track service (£30) = £110.29 (estimated: $144.44) per figure (before shipping)

CAS: Grading (standard cardback) ($49.99) (or free if they have not graded it) + Museum quality casing ($12.50) + photos ($0) + COA to go with toy ($0) + 7 day turnaround ($100) + Insurance ($1 per $100) = $163.49 (or higher) per figure (before shipping)

Budget-wise, UKG is the best option in the UK. Not as much in the U.S. since they have never responded to any of my emails. So we will skip them.

In the U.S. the $33.49 difference has AFA look like the winner despite them offering no additional services for free. But this is what you get if you can wait 40 days just to have it be shipped back:

AFA: Express(Vintage) (standard cardback) ($60) + Grading Certificate ($20) + Archival upgrade ($15) + no photos (option removed) ($0) = $95 per figure (before shipping)

CAS: Grading (standard cardback) ($49.99) (or free if they have not graded it) + Museum quality casing ($12.50) + photos ($0) + COA to go with toy ($0) + Insurance ($1 per $100) = $63.49 (or higher) per figure (before shipping)

The difference now is a minimum of $11.51 difference, with that making CAS the budget-friendly option. (Plus I should also add that Ross Barr himself have mentioned to me that they note any upgrades in the item's profile, not the label or case.)

As for AFA graded values dropping, that was going to happen at some point. Third-party sellers on eBay have a history of artificially inflating prices. Smart buyers at this point have gone from being aware of this to seeing the over-saturation of this brand being a great reason to barter.

Hence why I never suggest using eBay as a price guide. Especially when it is being shown that buying raw and having it graded costs a fraction of what they are asking for. Hence why I support the idea that using CAS before aiming to make sales here will be the smarter move.