How compensation is handled

Reaction score
When you have completed your last shift, whether it be on the 1st day of the convention or the last day of the convention, you will receive one autographed photograph for each hour that you have worked. They will be pulled one at a time from a box that has been randomly distributed with autographs by Frank, the photo keeper (not myself). Since they are random you may get a really great autograph or you may not. You will not get any duplicates.

If you are very concerned that you will not get the autograph that you desire, especially if your last shift is on Monday and that guest is not signing that day, I encourage you to buy coupons for your desired guest and get their autograph when you are not on duty. Then if you happen to get another in your random autographs, we highly encourage trading with your friends!

Reaction score
How will it work for those that work X and 1/2 hours? Will they receive X autos or X+1?

Thanks Anne.

Reaction score
I am obviously not the authority here, but if you work the minimum shifts (which is 2) it comes out to an even 7 hours. If you work 3/5 or any other odd number combination of shifts, I would assume they would round up. Anne would definitely have to answer that one.

Reaction score
I'll round up the 1/2 hours, there was no other way to schedule the shift times that made any sense.

Reaction score
Anne, as far as those who show up for work for the last shift of the last day...Will you try to work something out to where we dont have to wait till the very last minute to pick up our compensation photos. I remember the last hour or two really slowed down and many of the guest was offering to personalize volunteer photos for them and to each of the other guest. For those of us working the last shift, we wasnt able to take advantage of this and have any of our photos personalized by those guest offering to do so. Thanks alot and GREAT idea to do this thread!

Reaction score
Well, that's a fine question and something that I'll have to think about and post back an answer later. I understand the need, it's just a matter of working it into the process. So, hold tight on this Q for now. Thanks!

Reaction score
Wow, I'm not even an autograph collector. "Sorry" Maybe now I'll become one. "Ha, Ha." What's good about an autograph? I really don't know.
Thanks Anne for this thread. The info. is verrry helpful.

Reaction score
Last Shift can be so much fun! Especially if Tem Sings again!

BTW - Since they are random you may get a really great autograph or you may not.

ANY autograph is a great one - Volunteer for the fun, not the 'perks'.

Reaction score
Yep that's right. I volunteer for just the fun of volunteering, meeting great people and helping out where I can.

Reaction score
DarthBreezy said:
ANY autograph is a great one - Volunteer for the fun, not the 'perks'.
My motivation for volunteering for C3 was the fact that I run/own Ian Liston's Yahoo/MSM group and wanted to include that experience in my posts.

Now its because I had a great time and want to help continue to help make the autograph hall the area to go to and escape the craziness of the rest of the convention.

Reaction score
I could care less about what free stuff I may or may not get. I just have one question; I am traveling with two small children and my wife; would they be allowed to enter with me without having to wait in line?

Reaction score
Geo_Nauj said:
I could care less about what free stuff I may or may not get. I just have one question; I am traveling with two small children and my wife; would they be allowed to enter with me without having to wait in line?
According to the FAQ listed HERE your family will not be able to get in with you.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Q: Can my family members get in early with me when I go to my morning shifts?
Only those with a volunteer badge and a OPX name badge are able to get in early.

[/QUOTE]

Reaction score
I did read that but I thought I would just ask under the circumstances. I could go into the long story about what happened at C3 but I will not here. Let's just say I lost then later found my daughter in Indy. I was just hoping...

Reaction score
Geo_Nauj said:
I did read that but I thought I would just ask under the circumstances. I could go into the long story about what happened at C3 but I will not here. Let's just say I lost then later found my daughter in Indy. I was just hoping...
You could always sign up for a later afternoon shift and it won't be an issue. I think my shifts at C3 started around 3:30pm.

Reaction score
I'm going to address the "I have kids and..." issue in another post.

Reaction score
Hi Anne,

I have a question about the autograph compensation for number of hours worked.

I have already pre-purchased quite a few autograph coupons that I plan on using at the convention for actors/actresses.

I understand that the autograph compensation will be random, but I don't want to get auto's that I already got at the convention (since I am paying for those).

So my question for you is this....

Should I wait until I complete all of my shifts before using my autograph coupons (plan on doing them all over 2 days), or should I just hope that I don't obtain a duplicate autograph that I already got via my coupons.

Thanks!

Reaction score
I would wait if I were you. I plan on getting all my shifts done before Monday, then using that day to get any auto's that I still want.

Reaction score
Also, you should consider trading as well. There are going to be a lot of you and a lot of random autographs and plenty of tastes to go around. Many volunteers at C3 traded to get what they needed/wanted.

Reaction score
Thanks Anne! Never even thought of trading.

Chosen_1...great idea. I thought about doing this too, but remembered the crowds from C3 on Sat/Sun, but I think I can manage.

Reaction score
Anne, how about spouses that are both working - will we get duplicates between us also potentially?

I don't mind trading, I did it at CIII so I think I will just plan on doing it again at CIV. I am not going to buy any autograph tickets though until more names are announced.

Reaction score
I am planning on taking care of all of my autograph needs the first two days. I just want to make sure that I get all of the autographs that I want and not take any chances. So I will be more than willing to trade any of my duplicates with anyone.

Reaction score
I have to wonder if this will really be completely random, because I have no interest at all in the "Master Pix" style auto's. Maybe there will be a box of normal 8x10's, too....

Reaction score
The random photos will be the regular 8x10s with the CIV logo. No Master Pix. They will be as random as humanly possible, I promise. You won't get any duplicates.

Reaction score
Anne said:
The random photos will be the regular 8x10s with the CIV logo. No Master Pix. They will be as random as humanly possible, I promise. You won't get any duplicates.
Best news I've heard all day (well, besides the C4 figure of course
). Thanks, Anne!

Reaction score
Anne, will the guest of honor autographs be randomly included in this shuffle. Or will they be excluded?

Reaction score
Could be, but very, very limited if so. Should be some of all the signing guests in there.

Reaction score
Anne, will every signer have Master Pix photos available for signing or just the larger celebs?

Reaction score
Fine question. I've asked Ben, will post when I get the answer.

Reaction score
So who wants to try and set up some trading for Monday afternoon? I am planning on working a shift on Monday so I won't get my photos/autos to trade until then. I KNOW I will have some to trade out.

Reaction score
I'd love to get a trade group together. I'm leaving Monday afternoon, though. Maybe if we set up a couple of them throughout the weekend?

Reaction score
I'm working the last shift (pending what Anne says of course) so I won't be outta there until late Monday with my autographs.

Reaction score
You get your compensation pics AFTER you completed all of your duties, so for those wishing to trade throughout the event can only trade with others that have completed all of their shifts and has the comp pics as well. The best times to trade is on Monday.

Reaction score
i requested the last shift on monday. so i am willing to trade as well. have you seen the opx pin.

Reaction score
honda99 said:
i requested the last shift on monday. so i am willing to trade as well. have you seen the opx pin.
I'm also hoping to do the last Monday shift. I saw the pin. It looks nice:) I'm looking forward to getting that pin and the 4 11x14 photos!
Working 4 shifts has nice benefits.