Houston Area Reports Pt. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Hunt for Grevious has arrived!!!!

ace2006 said:
Dito, also found hunt for grevious at Sugar Land TRU this morning.

On another note Legends 13 at TRU @ Kirby, TRU @ Bunker Hill and TRU @ Katy Mills.

Also, found for those into GI Joe the 2005 ARAH 3.75" Carded Comic Book 3-Pack #101 - Lt. Gorky, Dragonsky & Sgt. Misha Zubenkov and 2005 ARAH 3.75" Carded Comic Book 3-Pack #44 - Cobra Trooper, Lady Jaye & Cobra Trooper only @ TRU @ Katy Mills at least two cases on pegs.

Good Luck,
If anybody else sees those Joe packs on TRU shelves, especially Fairmont or Baybrook, can you post here? Thanks!!! I need those to be caught up w/my Joe collection
!

Reaction score

I saw those 3 pack GI Joe figures with comics, but none of the names listed in your post matched those on the pegs at the Fairmont TRU.
As for Star Wars, they had 8 hunt for grievous battle packs there at noon today.

Reaction score

Hunt for Grevious Battle Packs @ TRU Gallery area at Westheimer and Greenridge six of them as of 11:45 AM.

Also, on another side note for those into superman returns, seems TRU has another exclusive a Silver Superman Returns for 9.99, just like how they did the Batman Returns bronze piece and the black custom ducard.

Good Luck,

Reaction score

Went on a little run this morning looking for Vw dub city stuff, but nothing new on the SW front. Found a yellow Bearded Sentry at the WM by Almeda Mall, if someone needs it let me know.

Reaction score

Did they have other Giant Man series figs there? Thanks...

MC

Reaction score

Vdubbin, I'm pretty sure Jedi Bebop still needs a bearded Sentry.

I was at the Almeda Wal Mart around 12:30 and they still had a few of the Giant Man ML but not a whole set. They also had a full case of the Tatooine wave including two Sandtroopers which I grabbed.

The I-35 Wal Mart in Pearland had at least one of all the Giant Man wave (no variants) on the pegs and the top shelf above it if that helps.

GBU

Reaction score

Actually I found both the bearded & bright yellow Sentry variants at Dunvale Wal-Mart this morning.

My nephew needs the burnt Wolverine variant to complete his Giant Man. He's 8, so you can imagine how bent out of shape he is to get one, so anyone who runs into one I'd sure appreciate the help!

Meyer Park Wal-Mart had the Mos Eisley wave but no Sandtroopers.

Reaction score

Is the silver Superman in TRU yet?

Expect Superman to be big. Our folks that have seen it already said it was fantastic.

I've also noticed that the diecast Cars cars are still flying off the shelves. We're still trying to find Wingo, Lizzie, and Sarge with no luck.

Scott

Reaction score

vdubbin2001 said:
Went on a little run this morning looking for Vw dub city stuff, but nothing new on the SW front. Found a yellow Bearded Sentry at the WM by Almeda Mall, if someone needs it let me know.
Hey vdubbin, I still needed a bearded senty variant, if you still have it available.

Reaction score

TFNScott said:

Expect Superman to be big. Our folks that have seen it already said it was fantastic.

I've also noticed that the diecast Cars cars are still flying off the shelves. We're still trying to find Wingo, Lizzie, and Sarge with no luck.

Scott
Scott,

I picked up the Model T car while in Dallas a couple weeks ago for a friend and he already found one. It's yours if you want it.

Bryan

Reaction score

WM 6 and westpark had tons of vc saga and only one complete set of the blue wave.also both versions of the sandtrooper and bossk.

Reaction score
Re: Hunt for Grevious has arrived and a reminder!

I picked up two battle packs of Hunt for Grievous for you Dath_Bryan. The Farimont TRU still had 3 packs left as of 6:00 pm tonight.
Also a reminder for the Sideshow collectors that tonight is when Darth Maul Inclusive Edition goes on sale!

Reaction score

TFNScott said:

Scott
Hey Scott, if you are looking for Lizzie then you are in luck, since I found one during Target's sale! PM me if you want it.
I'm still looking for the Cars too. I have not seen a single diecast car at Target, TRU, Walmarts, or the grocery stores near me ever since the movie came out. Even Lightning and Mater are flying off the shelves! The only two I'm still trying to find are Sarge and Chick Hicks. I did find the 3rd playset I needed to complete Radiator Springs though yesterday.

Reaction score

Scott I believe I may have a spare Wingo. I will get back to you.

Reaction score

FYI, Darth Maul is up for sale now on Sideshowcollectibles.com about 30 minutes earlier. Just placed my order!

Reaction score

Just ordered my SSC Maul and Sith Probes set! A lot smoother than the previous exclusive orders.

GBU

Reaction score

I got my order in for both Maul & the Sith Probes ($88 total, whoa!
)

Yeah the Cars are definitely flying off the shelves. Good thing I completed my collection (and my nephew's) before the movie came out. Meyer Park W*M only has racks of Mater & Lightning. Everyone else is pretty much zeroed out.

I've seen the silver Superman figure at the Westheimer TRU. But I'm just disappointed with Mattel's figures.
I'd love to have the 1/6 scale Hot Toys figure, but I don't really have the $140 right now for a pre-order, though.

Reaction score

UTtoyfan said:
I picked up two battle packs of Hunt for Grievous for you Dath_Bryan. The Farimont TRU still had 3 packs left as of 6:00 pm tonight.
Also a reminder for the Sideshow collectors that tonight is when Darth Maul Inclusive Edition goes on sale!
Thanks man I appreciate it. The NW side of town hasn't been very friendly for the Battle Packs.

Reaction score

Darth_Bryan said:
The NW side of town hasn't been very friendly for the Battle Packs.
You aren't kidding! I haven't seen any on the shelf up here yet.

I was lucky enough to have a non-SW collecting aquaintance pick one up for me at OST. Said it was the last one. TRU exclusives always seem to be a pain in the rear for me. Never saw the green Jedi ship either.

Speaking of luck, I actually found something at 3rd Planet for a reasonable price yesterday. Anakin w/speeder bike. That was the last Saga piece I needed. I never saw it or the Dooku one when they were originally released. It was $15, which was about what retail was originally I think.

E>

Reaction score

Elmeaux said:
Darth_Bryan said:
The NW side of town hasn't been very friendly for the Battle Packs.
You aren't kidding! I haven't seen any on the shelf up here yet.

I was lucky enough to have a non-SW collecting aquaintance pick one up for me at OST. Said it was the last one. TRU exclusives always seem to be a pain in the rear for me. Never saw the green Jedi ship either.

Speaking of luck, I actually found something at 3rd Planet for a reasonable price yesterday. Anakin w/speeder bike. That was the last Saga piece I needed. I never saw it or the Dooku one when they were originally released. It was $15, which was about what retail was originally I think.

E>
I never saw the Green JediStarfighter either.
As for the TRU's, I think it's whatever TRU is near me nothing will show up. I spent a week 3 minutes from a TRU in Hurst and the Battle Packs were showing up all over the Dallas area except at the one near my sister's house.

It's good to hear 3rd Planet can actually sell something at cost.
I wonder if someone got fired for mislabeling the price.
It goes against their scalping creed so it had to be a mistake.

Reaction score

Darth_Bryan said:
It's good to hear 3rd Planet can actually sell something at cost.
I wonder if someone got fired for mislabeling the price.
It goes against their scalping creed so it had to be a mistake.
Fired for sure!

A few years ago I decided to get into the Unleashed line. I needed to track down some of the previously-released figs, and miracle of miracles I found 5 of em at TPlanet for $15 each, including Perky Padme. I snapped up one of each, and then a week later I noticed the prices had doubled on their remaining stock for four of the five figs, while Padme had gone up to $45. I always figured that someone got in trouble for that deal, too...

Reaction score
Re: Watch out for fake Battle Pack at Fairmont TRU

I just wanted to let you guys know that if you see a Hunt for Grievous battle pack at Fairmont Toys R Us, check to see if it's legit. I went in there today during lunch break(as usual
) and saw one HFG battle pack on the shelf. When I looked at it, I was surprised to see 4 clones in it, not 5. The guns were all bouncing around everywhere and the clones were all switched out with what looked like old ARC troopers. One had a Bacarra head from ROTS that was painted all blue. Nevertheless, I showed it to the manager on duty and told him about it. Hopefully they don't put it back on the shelf, but I've heard of stores just putting these fake things back. This was the first time I've seen figures switched out.

The manager was nice though, and asked what other items I've been looking for. I told him I was looking for Cars diecast cars and he told me they'd be getting new shipments soon. He asked me if Sarge was one of the ones I was looking for, so I said of course! I guess everyone is looking for him.
Oh, and Darth_Bryan, I looked at the two packs I got for you now and thankfully they are both legit!

Anyways, sorry for the long post.

Reaction score

And for some reason Third Planet sell DC Direct figures a few dollars cheaper than Bedrock City does.
I actually found the Anakin & Dooku Speeders about a year after they first came out. TRU got in a shipment of them with the first wave of the Clone Wars line.

Target in Meyerland got in a new shipment of Mos Eisley wave. No Sandtroopers, though (sorry Bryan, I did look).
And looks like the Onslaught wave is hitting Targets as well. They had everyone except Pyro (no variants).

Reaction score

Checked Westheimer TRU on the way home and did not find anything new, however, it has the new lego sets from Sponge Bob Squarepant

By the way, anybody found the latest Titanium wave (Republic Cruiser, Episode III Millennium Falcon, and Luke w/ Speederbiker) in Houston?

Reaction score

Darth_Bryan wrote:
Wants:Sandtrooper

if you are still looking for one i have an extra for you.

Reaction score

at_at_commander said:
Darth_Bryan wrote:
Wants:Sandtrooper

if you are still looking for one i have an extra for you.
Hello,

Most of these have been out for a week or so, you can find most of these lingering at Wal-marts and Targets with exception of the millenium falcon because hasbro put a limited packaging label on it much like the gimick for the slave I, White Tie, and the Cartoon network gunship.

Good Luck,

Reaction score

_Dibal_ said:
By the way, anybody found the latest Titanium wave (Republic Cruiser, Episode III Millennium Falcon, and Luke w/ Speederbiker) in Houston?
I've got the Luke Speederbike & Republic Cruiser, but haven't seen the Ep.III Falcon yet.

Reaction score

Hello,

Not sure anyone knows or is interested just remember seeing a lot of post on these, today I saw Disney Pixar Cars Dinoco McQueen Mattel, which is a blue Lightning McQueen, I guess repaint single card diecast package.

Also, seems from this package instead of the 12 pictured collection on back they have added four more Nitroade, Leakless, Dinco Mcqueen and Ramone not sure if these are in the double packs, but according to single pack package these will be here soon.

Good Luck,

Reaction score

Ace where did you happen to see the Mcqueen at?

Reaction score

vdubbin2001 said:
Ace where did you happen to see the Mcqueen at?
Yeah please some info! I've never even heard of this version of McQueen until today.

Reaction score

sorry, forgot since the post was getting so long, I saw it at the Target at I-10 and Gessner, looks like they just stocked them since the entire 12 piece original set was there at 9:00 am.

Good Luck,

Reaction score

If any army builders/clone collectors out there want another Sandtrooper, I found one tonight at Baybrook Target. The card is bent with lots of creases, but otherwise everything is all good with it. That may explain why it was still there at 6:50 pm. As usual, pm me if you want it!

Reaction score
Re: Father\'s Day Report

First off, happy Father's Day to all the Rebelscum dads in the Houston area!

I found the Weapon X variant Marvel Legend this morning at El Dorado Walmart. Other than that, nothing else to report.

Reaction score
The Rain

So did everyone make it through this morning okay? The water reached the highest point it did during Allison on my street. Hopefully we dry out well enough before the possible second round starts this evening!

Oh, well ... nothing new to report, just checking on everyone

Reaction score
Re: The Rain

Fianna74 said:
So did everyone make it through this morning okay? The water reached the highest point it did during Allison on my street. Hopefully we dry out well enough before the possible second round starts this evening!

Oh, well ... nothing new to report, just checking on everyone
Over here on the NW side off Hwy 6 the main thing we had was flooding getting out of the subdivisions and not anything serious like flooding inside the home. We had several people that learned you can't drive through high water.

Reaction score

vdubbin2001 and UTToyfan, thanks for the Lizzie and Wingo offers! My wife found an unopened box at Wal-Mart this morning and was able to pick them up. We're only missing Sarge now (and the new ones like Blue Lightning McQueen). I hear the cars are cleaned out all over the state. Pretty amazing toy phenomenon!

Reaction score

I got the last "Dinoco" McQueen at Meyerland Target. That was the only new or rare one they had.
I kinda want to give it to my nephew, but I have you guys' want lists, so if I see another one I'll snag it for you.
The Ramone is a green repaint (he had a lot of different paint jobs in the movie). The other 2 look like racer characters that I don't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.