Houston Area Reports Pt. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Hunt for Grevious has arrived!!!!

Hello,

No, sign of any of the battle packs in the SW area. Although there was plenty of Legends Onslaught Series, to list a few of the TRU's that got them are the TRU @ Old Spanish Trail, TRU @ I-10 / Bunker Hill and TRU @ Katy Mills.

If you are looking for these the best place to go out of the three would be the one on Old Spanish Trail, they got anywhere from 3 to 4 cases @ 11:00 am, while the other 2 only got 1 case and by the time I got to those stores some of the pieces were already gone.

On, a side note it just bugs me when you are looking around and standing infront of a single peg display of figures amd some one comes from behind to reach around you to pull them off infront of you. Though I give this person credit for saying excuse me, but dude can't you just wait till I move out of the way considering I didn't even want them just window shopping. Well, guess if he was cooler about it I would have mentioned that the TRU on Old Spanish Trail had the variants in multiples. It would have paid to be polite, oh well to each his own.

sorry for ranting on, good luck,

Reaction score

So, Fairmont TRU was cleaned out yesterday. Did anybody swing by Baybrook to see if they had put them out this morning?

Reaction score

Yeah Fianna74, I was just logging on to post that there was no sign of Battle Packs at Baybrook TRU when I stopped by (around 2:30)...

Reaction score

ace2006 said:
On, a side note it just bugs me when you are looking around and standing infront of a single peg display of figures amd some one comes from behind to reach around you to pull them off infront of you. Though I give this person credit for saying excuse me, but dude can't you just wait till I move out of the way considering I didn't even want them just window shopping. Well, guess if he was cooler about it I would have mentioned that the TRU on Old Spanish Trail had the variants in multiples. It would have paid to be polite, oh well to each his own.
Yeah I know what you mean.
That happened to me just last week when I found the Mos Eisley wave. Some older guy kinda forced himself next to me and was trying to get to the same Sandtrooper I was trying to pick from the back of the peg.
At least I beat him to it, otherwise I suspect he'd be on eBay by now.

This is a crazy hobby where patience & manners are usually in short supply and the "kill or be killed" mentality can kick in really quick. So I'm always ready for anything.
Believe me, I can share plenty of horror stories from the days of the 1997 12" exclusves.

And I was just going to post that I saw the Onslaught wave at the Bunker Hill TRU. I went there this afternoon with a friend looking for the Battle Pack. He got the last Loki, A-bomb & Blackheart they had.
The figures look nice, too. I can't wait for my case to come in. I'll tell him about OST, but I'm sure they're long gone by now.
And if any of you are still collecting the Cars Hot Wheels, TRU has a deal if you buy $20 in Cars toys you get a free movie pass. I picked up the Mack Truck & carrying case for my nephew & decided to go ahead & give him the free ticket.
Memorial City Target had nada.

Reaction score

Westheimer TRU got in the Mos Eisley wave. I picked up the R5 & Hammerhead I was needing & left the rest.
They also restocked their CW Gunships. No sign of the Onslaught wave.
Dunvale Wal-Mart: nada.

Reaction score

The Humble TRU didn't have the HFG set but still has one each of the Onslaught wave minus the Green Goblin. The Fairmont TRU hasn't restocked the HFG set as of tonight.

I did score the Loki variant from Amazon today!

GBU

Reaction score

Congrats, GBU.

I just ordered the melty-face Abomination from them.

I met my friend at OST TRU tonight, he got the last Deathstrike & Goblin that was left. They had plenty of the Mos Eisley wave but no HFG packs.
I forgot how nice that store was. A lot more spacious than the Westheimer one.

Reaction score

Thanks, Jedi Bebop. One less to track down.

The Baybrook TRU had no signs of the HFGG set but did put out some of the Coruscant wave including Cody. They had a few ML 13.

The hunt for the Hunt for GG continues....

GBU

Reaction score

No Hunt for Griveous at the TRU on Fairmont today, nor anything new at the Target I'm interning at now next door.

Reaction score

I'm back in Houston!!! I looked at many many Walmarts for the ML Sentry with no luck. I saw plenty of the regular one. No luck on the Hunt for Grevious either. I was about 3 minutes from one and they didn't put out a thing except the CW ship. I did manage to find a Lizzie car or whatever the Model T car is called if someone still needs one.

Reaction score

Nothing new at Galveston Target or Wal Mart this morning...

Reaction score

Saw my first UGH today. They have a standing Vader UGH at Bedrock (1960 by half price books) for $8. I also saw a loose Boba Fett Unleashed but I didn't get the price on it. Left everything.

Reaction score

The TRU on Fairmont restocked with the Marvel Legends villains wave today if anyone is still looking. I went in during my lunch break around 12:45. Nothing else new there or at my Target next door yet.

Reaction score

No HFGG at the Humble TRU today. They still had quite a few ML 13 at the Fairmont TRU after work today, and still no HFGG.

I don't know if anyone is collecting the Mezco South Park figures but they're starting to show up at Spencer's. I picked up a few variants at the Deer Brook Mall location on Monday night.

GBU

Reaction score

Wal-Mart Greenspoint had Unleashed Han and Chewbacca for sale. The price was cut down to $5.00 per figure.

Reaction score

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
I don't know if anyone is collecting the Mezco South Park figures but they're starting to show up at Spencer's. I picked up a few variants at the Deer Brook Mall location on Monday night.

GBU
Cool. I hope Hot Topic gets them in soon. The closest Spencers near me is in Katy Mills.
I heard where the Kyle without his hat is the hot variant to look out for.

Oh, and the Bedrock City on Westheimer has the Attakus Gen. Greivous statue....
drool

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
There are six Kyle variants, two with no hat and four with his hat. The Kyle with the Mr. Hanky "kisses" is the best hat version.

I picked up the last Hunt for GG set at the Baybrook TRU. Thanks for the heads up Huff.

GBU

Reaction score

Hello,

Hunt for Grevious has shown up at Gallery TRU, but I bought the last one. Also for those Legends hunters they got in one case of series 13 minus one green goblin, no variants.

Good Luck,

Reaction score

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
Jedi_Bebop said:
I picked up the last Hunt for GG set at the Baybrook TRU. Thanks for the heads up Huff.

GBU
Cool! I went and picked mine up today around 2:00ish and I didn't see anymore.

Reaction score

ace2006 said:
Hello,

Hunt for Grevious has shown up at Gallery TRU, but I bought the last one.
Do you mean the Galleria TRU, the one on Westheimer & Greenridge?

Reaction score

the one at the gallery at westheimer and greemridge.

good luck,

Reaction score

As of 11:00 this morning, the Baytown TRU still had 4 Hunt for GG sets on the shelf (minus the ones I snagged
)

Reaction score

WM dunvale had nothing new.
westchase Target had nada also.

still looking for the sandtrooper.

Reaction score

A japanese guy at work brought me these the other day. His sister was collecting them. I thought they were pretty cool and now I want a complete set but I'm not sure how many there are:

Reaction score

No Hunts for Grievous at the TRU at Baybrook this morning at opening.

Reaction score

Huff said:
A japanese guy at work brought me these the other day. His sister was collecting them. I thought they were pretty cool and now I want a complete set but I'm not sure how many there are:

Huff,

Are those the Pepsi bottle caps?

Reaction score

Found this set at TRU Sugarland and that was the last one on the shelf, TRU Kirby has restocked Hero and Villaoins wave and it had two or three black Clone Pilots, and nothing at TRU Bunkerhill and Westheimer.

Reaction score

Dito, also found hunt for grevious at Sugar Land TRU this morning.

On another note Legends 13 at TRU @ Kirby, TRU @ Bunker Hill and TRU @ Katy Mills.

Also, found for those into GI Joe the 2005 ARAH 3.75" Carded Comic Book 3-Pack #101 - Lt. Gorky, Dragonsky & Sgt. Misha Zubenkov and 2005 ARAH 3.75" Carded Comic Book 3-Pack #44 - Cobra Trooper, Lady Jaye & Cobra Trooper only @ TRU @ Katy Mills at least two cases on pegs.

Good Luck,

Reaction score

Found the Hunt for Grievous pack at TRU on OST this afternoon, there was one left.
They also had the vintage finish Titanium Bossk, which is the first time I've actually seen it.

On the plus side, I got my Sideshow excl. Anakin, which looks amazing.
On the down side, the Abomination I got from Amazon.com turned out to be the regular version, not the melty-face variant. Oh well, instead of returning it I gave it to a friend.

Reaction score
Re: Tatooine Restock

The Walmart on El Dorado and I-45 restocked this morning with at least 2 cases of the Tatooine wave. I grabbed one Momaw and two Sandtroopers for a fellow scummer. There were still two Sandtroopers left and 3 Momaw in the regular aisle where the Star Wars figures are. I forgot to check that other section where the store also puts figures, so anyone that goes there might want to check it as well.
Edit: Oh, and there were plenty of R5, Hem, Garindan, Luke and Han.

Reaction score

Thanks, UTTF. I got my set, and left multiples of everything for the next person. Only one sandtrooper left, though. That was at noon. And I only visited the normal action figure aisle- is there another location where they've been hanging SW figs?

Reaction score

geckolowe said:
Thanks, UTTF. I got my set, and left multiples of everything for the next person. Only one sandtrooper left, though. That was at noon. And I only visited the normal action figure aisle- is there another location where they've been hanging SW figs?
Yeah, there was before. It's like the last aisle before you get to the paints and automobile sections. It's sort of an endcap but on the side of the end where the main walking lane is. They had Tatooine pegwarmers (Han, Garindan, Vader) there the past two weeks.

Reaction score

WM kirkwood had both the sandtrooper and bossk regular and vintage finish.no new basics.
WM beechnut & beltway had 2 sets of the blue wave.picked up both the sandtroopers and left the rest.if any one still needs a sandtrooper i also have an extra.

Reaction score

Little off topic, but is anyone going to SDCC? Need help getting GG Shocktrooper bust.

Reaction score

I'm going to SDCC, but you're not the first person to ask me for help getting one. And if they do the lottery system like they did in the past, it's going to make it exceptionally difficult to get one. I barely got one in the lottery the year before last and that was only because I traded a winning ticket with someone else. Your best bet, unfortunately, may be eBay.

I was able to get a Blackhole Stormtrooper bust, though, so my luck may have run out for the year.

Scott

Reaction score

Does anyone need an extra Sandtrooper from Tatooine wave? If so, let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.