Houston Area Reports Pt. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Wave 4

The Deer Park WM had some of the Tatooine wave today. Couldn't pass on a few of them.

Looks like this wave is going to be plentiful.

GBU

Reaction score

Meyerland Target got in the Mos Eisley wave as well.

Picked up Hem Dazon, Luke, Han, Garindan, & a Sandtrooper.
R5-D4 & Hammerhead were already gone.
A few more of Hem, Luke & the new Bespin Vader were leftover.

Reaction score

Oh, and if any of you can help me out...
I'm looking for the Jean Grey Ford Mustang from the new
Johnny Lightning X-Men cars.
I went to TRU Westheimer yesterday and ran into some no-good Hot Wheels scalper filling his basket up with half the pegs! Only the Cyclops & Wolverine cars were left when he was done, and that's the last one I'm needing.
I think they're found with the X-Men figures.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score

Hit four Wal-marts in SW part this afternoon and found every figure of the Tatooine wave. Only W Airport Blvd Wal-Mart had complete sets. It still had two R5-D4s when I left, and Wal-mart SH6 had some firespeeder pilots too.

Reaction score

Awesome pic, GBU! I wanted to thank everyone for the heads up on the Tatooine wave. I had to take my cousin back to A&M today since their summer school starts tomorrow. Since we needed to go into the College Station Walmart anyway to buy some necessary items, I looked in the toy aisle and found all the Tatooine wave. The Commander Codys were pegwarming for once!

Reaction score
Re: New Lego Star Wars

Jedi_Bebop said:
So how's Onslaught?
He really seems undersized to me. And that's not comparing him to previous build a figures, but the regular figures. It's like they scaled him down about 25%-30% from what he should be. I know his size was supposed to be variable in the comics, but when you look at his head/face you'll notice it seems smaller scaled/proportioned compared to, say, Loki. Other than that it is a nice sculpt. I find the plastic on this wave is very...pliant, compared to previous wave.

On the SW front, you guys really cleaned up! I only found Garindan and Hem Dazon. Kind of a reversal of fortune for me, but we had guests this weekend and I wasn't able to get out to look until this afternoon.

Oh, and isn't this wave 5, not 4?

E>

Reaction score
Re: Gunships!

vdubbin2001 said:
Hey guys and ladies, if anyone sees the Lizzie diecast car from the disney Cars movie pick it up for me? Its the last one I need for my kids.
Where is everybody finding Sarge? I see Lizzie a lot compared to him. Any clue?

MC

Reaction score

MannyCalavera said:
Where is everybody finding Sarge? I see Lizzie a lot compared to him. Any clue?
I saw just about everyone at Meyerland Target, right about when they first came out. Since then I've only seen Lizzie & Sarge once more (at Wal-Mart). Those two, along with Filmore & Chick, have been less common than the others.
Tonight all Meyer Park had was a row of Lightning McQueen.
No Mos Eisley wave was there either. For the moment they're pretty backed up with Coruscant & H/V leftovers.

Reaction score

I passed on Lizzie for awhile then poof I could not find her. I saw Sarge once and bought him, never seen another. Now my daughter says she needs some of the cars
I still need to find the two packs too.

Reaction score

Elmeaux said:
On the SW front, you guys really cleaned up! I only found Garindan and Hem Dazon. Kind of a reversal of fortune for me, but we had guests this weekend and I wasn't able to get out to look until this afternoon.
E>
Yup, thats the same with me. Not only is my brother in from the army but my cousin from Dallas. Needless to say, I wasn't able to check until late tonight. Besides, I'm only after the droid.

No luck at Brenham's Wal-Mart. Early last week, they had basic figures down to $4.00 with only some firespeeder pilots. Now they have nothing but the mini unleashed. Who knows, they may have had the new wave earlier in the morning and sold out. I'll keep my eyes open.

Reaction score

WM on 90&6 had plenty of the mos eisley wave minus the sandtrooper.
picked up a set minus the trooper.

they also had plenty of the bossk and sandtrooper titanium regular and vintage finish on the very top shelf.

also had a ton of vc saga and the titanium vehicles.

Reaction score

Ender said:
Yup, thats the same with me. Not only is my brother in from the army but my cousin from Dallas. Needless to say, I wasn't able to check until late tonight. Besides, I'm only after the droid.
I think we got mostly revision 1 up here because I did see a lot of Cody about.

E>

Reaction score

Picked up the mos eisley wave minus Vader and R5 at the baybrook target. Still had several garrindans left when I was done...

Reaction score
Episode 3 Millennium Falcon

I hit the Galveston Wal-Mart yesterday and found the Cantina wave. They had all of them. But the real surprise for me was finding a Titantium Episode 3 Millennium Falcon. It had a blue paint job. I didn't know this was coming out and it seemed to be short-packed. Anyone else hear of this?

On a side note, Giant Man Marvel Legends were cleaned out. Cars matchbox cars were also cleaned out. A friend of mine is looking for Sarge and hasn't seen him anywhere. Keep an eye out for him!

Scott

Reaction score
Re: Episode 3 Millennium Falcon

I did a short Walmart run this morning and found remnants of Tatooine at El Doradeo Walmart. The Walmart on FM 518 in Friendswood had one each of the Bossk and Sandtrooper vintage finish, and the Walmart on Fairmont Parkway had restocked with the VTSC figures. There were plenty of all 5 there as of 7:45 AM.

Reaction score

vdubbin2001 said:
I passed on Lizzie for awhile then poof I could not find her. I saw Sarge once and bought him, never seen another. Now my daughter says she needs some of the cars
I still need to find the two packs too.
Which Cars cars are you still looking for, vdubbin? I started looking at them today for you guys looking for this Sarge car. I saw a police car Car and thought that was him, but it turned out to be Sheriff, hehe. That Lightning McQueen car is everywhere though.

Reaction score

Well right now, I need the two packs, the one with the firetruck especially. I am trying to get my son to share the others with his sister.

Reaction score

I just saw some Cars two packs at the Toys R Us at Baybrook, but I didn't look at them specifically. Hope that helps if you haven't seen them there already.

Reaction score

vdubbin, the Cars two-packs are easier to find at ToysRUs. I got the full set at TRU Bunker Hill but that was couple weeks ago. Sarge I had to buy off eBay to stop my son from whining - but Lizzy I've only seen at Walmart so far - couple of times. Target is a waste of time - no cars whatsoever, only those shake-ups and the other peripherals. Altho I did see the fire engine at Galleria Target once. I'll keep a watch for Lizzy, will grab one for you if I see her. I know what it's like when the kids are whining - and the movie opens next week. McDonalds also has a set of 8 for their toy premiums.
Another place to try is Walgreens...they carry 'em too.

Reaction score

Thanks for the help Kozee and UT, Jedi_Bebop found me a Lizzie, so I am good as far as the singles go.

Reaction score

Tatooine Wave overflowing at Copperfield Wal-Mart. No Sandtroopers or R5D4s though.

Reaction score

Checked the Humble TRU to see if they had the Hunt for Grievous Battle Pack, as they are starting to show up, without luck... but I did find a set of ML 13 (no variants).

GBU

Reaction score

I saw all 3 of the Cars 2-packs at Dunvale Wal-Mart this afternoon. I picked them up for my nephew because he really wanted Ramon, the low rider car & the fire engine. As far as singles, all they had were rows of Lightning & Mater.
You'd think Mattel would have the common sense to ship them in more even numbers since they know kids will really want them all.
Then again, they sank the He-Man re-launch by doing the exact same thing.

Reaction score

There are two sealed cases of Giant Man wave Marvel Legends on a pulled pallet at the Copperfield Wal-Mart at Hwy 6/529 RIGHT NOW! These will have the bearded Sentry variant in them. Good luck!

MC

Reaction score

If any of you Clear Lake guys collect the X-Men line from Toy Biz, the El Dorado Walmart was restocking the pegs with 6 of the Super Poseable Juggernauts around 11:30. I did not see any Marvel Legends boxes, which was what I was really looking for. Oh, I did see Spiderman Toybiz boxes too. All of the Cars that they had there were sold out, including Lightning McQueen.

Reaction score

Hello,

Most of the Wal-marts in the SW area got at least 2 to 3 cases of the ML - Giantman assortment with the bright yellow sentry. Wal-mart @ Fry Road, Wal-mart @ Katy Mills, Wal-mart @ Westheimer and kirkwood to name a few.

Good Luck,

Reaction score

The El Dorado Walmart did actually have the ML Giantman figures out this morning, but none of the variants were there. There was one of each regular figure, and an extra Sabretooth as of 7:30 AM.

Reaction score

Found the Cars 2packs I needed at TC/LM Walmart and the Transformers Alternators Optimus Prime.

Reaction score

I'll be heading up to Dallas for 4 or 5 days and I'll keep my eye open for any good finds in some of those small town Walmarts.

Reaction score

Fairmont TRU had ML villians wave this morning, so TRU's must be getting there shipments in now.

Still no sign of Hunt for Grevious battlepack. They were able to tell me that they were in the warehouse though, so it should only be a little while till they are on the shelves.

Reaction score

Not sure if anyone still is looking for Utapau Troopers but I found some.

Wal-Mart Spring Cypress/249 has one.
Target Tomball has two.

No luck with the droid as of yet, but I picked up two of the aliens of that wave (can't think of the names).

Reaction score
NW UGHs

I saw a bunch of UGHs at Willowbrook TRU around noon including Vader, Grevious, Scorch, and Han. A kid bought one of the Scorches which I thought was pretty cool. I didn't buy any.

They also had some R5s and Momaws if anyone needs those.

And thanks for the tip on the WM MLs, Ace. I was able to get my bright yellow Sentry because of it.

E>

Reaction score
Re: NW UGHs

Target first colony had a couple of senate battlepacks but nothing else.
WM on 90 and 6 have leftovers of the blue wave and a bunch of the titanium vehicles.
i dont collect the giant man stuff but they had a whole pallet of them in the middle isle along with some box sets if that helps.none of the display looked touched.

Reaction score

My Sideshow Anakin exclusive came today.

The Almeda Wal Mart had most of the Tatooine wave but no Sandtroopers or R5's. They had some leftover ML's including the regular highlighter Sentry.

GBU

Reaction score

Looks great, GBU. I'm expecting mine on Monday.

Wal-Mart in Meyer Park had some leftover ML Giant Man series. No variants, though.
They also had the new SW Transformers.

Reaction score
Re: Anyone need a UGH Han?

I found one Han Solo UGH figure this morning at the Toys R Us in Baybrook. The Darth Vader UGH had a slight bend on the side so I left it there. I haven't been collecting the UGH and don't plan on it, so if anyone needs it I'll be glad to sell it. Otherwise I will return it in a few days.

The Walmart on El Dorado had the new Star Wars Transformers(Clone pilot/palpatine/jango fett) if anyone actually collects those.

Reaction score
Hunt for Grevious has arrived!!!!

Baybrook TRU and Fairmont TRU have the battlepack in stock right now. Fairmont said they had 4 left on the shelf and Baybrook said they will be putting theirs out tonight or tomorrow morning.

Hope this helps you guys out! I have to go to my wife's ballet recital tonight and won't be able to go look to confirm, but this is what I was told over the phone.

Reaction score
Re: Hunt for Grevious has arrived!!!!

The battlepacks were gone by the time I got to the TRU on Fairmont around 5:30, but thanks for the heads up Fianna74! I was able to grab a Lady Deathstrike ML 13 there, so I didn't go home empty handed.
I won't be able to make it to TRU Baybrook tomorrow, but hopefully you guys around that area will be able to get the packs. Everyone have a great rest of the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.