Houston Area Reports Pt. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Gunships?

Darth_Bryan said:
If anyone spots a CW Gunship and has the funds, I'll be your new best friend.
Hey Darth_Bryan, did you still need the Clone Wars gunship from Toys R Us? If so, I found one for you today at one of the TRU's up here in Chicago. Just let me know if you still need one and I will make sure to bring it home with me (along with all my other crap and necessities
). Oh, I'm back on Monday the 22nd, so any day after that I am free to meet up with you until June 5th(that's when my pharmacy rotation at Target starts).

Reaction score
Re: Gunships!

The Fairmont TRU had at least 8 Gunships tonight and the Fairmont Target had both the Grievous and Senate exclusives out. No signs of the new Unleashed yet.

GBU

Reaction score

GBU beat me to it!!!!

Fairmont TRU had 5 as of about 8:30 tonight (after I bought 2
... it's fun and expensive when you have to buy double of everything for a fanatical son!!!)

Reaction score

Gallery TRU @ Westheimer got their Repainted Gunships at a whopping 44.99. Anyone see the battle packs???

Good Luck,

Reaction score

got my vc saga in the mail today

also noticed that a new super Target is being built on westheimer right past fondren.

that will save me ALOT of gas when opened.

Reaction score

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
The Fairmont TRU had at least 8 Gunships tonight and the Fairmont Target had both the Grievous and Senate exclusives out. No signs of the new Unleashed yet.

GBU
So the hunt for Grievous isn't a TRU exclusive? If that's the case I'm going to be checking Targets because I want that Battle Pack.

Anyone seen the CW gunship on the NW side?

Reaction score

Darth_Bryan said:

GBU
So the hunt for Grievous isn't a TRU exclusive? If that's the case I'm going to be checking Targets because I want that Battle Pack.

Anyone seen the CW gunship on the NW side?
I think the Grivous exclusive GBU was talking about is the Demise of Grievous figure, not the hunt for Grievous battlepack. That is still a TRU exclusive.

Reaction score

at_at_commander said:
got my vc saga in the mail today

also noticed that a new super Target is being built on westheimer right past fondren.

that will save me ALOT of gas when opened.
Cool. Mine came in a few days ago, and I've already sent off for the Lucas Trooper!

Last time I was at the Westchase Target I asked the sales lady if they were going to close once the new store opens (which I think is in July). She said at first they told her they were going to close, then they said well maybe not.
I guess we'll have to wait & see.

Meyer Park Wal-Mart had 3 full pegs of both the Coruscant & Heroes/Villains waves. I think there might have been one Cody among them.
They also got in their ML Giant Man series. I didn't see a bearded Sentry, but I did get what I needed to build the big guy. I didn't see any 2-packs or box sets, so more might be stocked soon.

Reaction score

Yeah, I was refering to the Demise of Grievous figure... speaking of which, the Silver Lake Target had plenty on the pegs today along with the Senate set. Lots of the H/V wave everywhere. No signs of the new Unleashed yet.

I found a "highlighter yellow" bearded Sentry "variant" at the Texas City Wal Mart with some Giant Man leftovers tonight. Looks like someone's stash was discovered.

GBU

Reaction score

Hey guys and ladies, if anyone sees the Lizzie diecast car from the disney Cars movie pick it up for me? Its the last one I need for my kids.

Reaction score

vdubbin2001 said:
Hey guys and ladies, if anyone sees the Lizzie diecast car from the disney Cars movie pick it up for me? Its the last one I need for my kids.
Is that the model-T one? I think that was one of the Cars I bought for my nephew last week at Meyerland Target. I'll swing by there tomorrow & see if any are left.

Reaction score

I'm back and I didn't get a chance to look for anything while I was gone. So, besides the gunship, what else is out?

GBU, let me know when you can meet up.

Reaction score
New Unleashed Star Wars

Hello,

The new unleashed or old previously cancelled unleashed has hit Wal-mart in spades. They come in 9 piece display cases for end caps evenly allocated.

3 - Revenge of the Sith Unleashed Clone
3 - Revenge of the Sith Unleashed Chewbacca
3 - Revenge of the Sith Unleashed Han Stormtrooper

Most of the Wal-marts I go to got these seems to be a timed release, but for those that want specifics Wal-mart on kirkwood on westheimer got 8 cases and the one on HWY-6 got six cases.

On a side note noticed some guy with a basket trying to corner the market on the shock trooper unleashed, but unless he has a platinum card at 14.88 a piece a case of these would still be hard to swallow especially when this Wal-mart got 8 cases.

Another side sighting all the Wal-marts in the SW area also got a case of the Superman DC Heroes.

Good Luck,

Reaction score
Re: New Unleashed Star Wars

No sign of the new Unleashed at these locations this morning (or at least I didn't see them):
Wal-Mart Eldridge/1960
Wal-Mart Copperfield
Wal-Mart Spring Cypress/290

I'm only looking for the Han, and I might not even get him. I must see first in person. If someone runs across these on the Northwest side please let me know.

Oh, I find it kind of strange that the Shocktroopers would be horded (ebay or otherwise). In all the pics I've seen his head is horribly out of proportion. Doesn't hold a candle to the Kotobukiya Shocktrooper at all IMHO.

Reaction score

You are correct I was wondering why the shock trooper seemed a little over weight which was my first impression, but in fact its the head that is misporportioned that is making the piece look odd, thanks and I do agree that the formentioned japanese trooper is much better, but for cost sake its okay for now.

Good Luck,

Reaction score

Whoa! Talk about blind luck.

I stopped at Willowbrook Mall's Wal-Mart on a whim, and they were just barely starting to stock and set up the new unleashed endcap.
Had I been there 10 minutes earlier, I would have missed them.

I picked up the Han and Chewy. Han looks way better than I thought. Even his facial sculpt is not too bad. I got Chewy because he looked pretty cool for a rehash. Passed on the Shocktrooper, just doesn't look right to me.

Oh, these Unleashed were in perfect C-9+ condition unlike previous releases.

Reaction score

Picked up the New Unleashed figures at El Dorado Walmart this morning. They have plenty placed high on the top shelf. Asked and had a set brought down. There were also 2 sliver Slave 1 Titanium on the pegs also.

Reaction score

I picked up the new Unleashed at the Wal Mart on Wallaceville Rd./Bltwy 8 tonight. Plenty to go around.

Huff, I can meet you Tues or Friday whatever is easiest for you. LMK

GBU

Reaction score

I picked up the new Unleashed at the Wal Mart on Wallaceville Rd./Bltwy 8 tonight. Plenty to go around.

Huff, I can meet you Tues or Friday whatever is easiest for you. LMK

GBU
Today at 5:00 at TRU will work. Lmk if you can make it.

Reaction score

Found the new Unleashed at WM #597 on 1960 northeast of 249. They had plenty to go around but a few look like the stockers took their stress out on them!

Reaction score

Furry_Wookiee said:
Found the new Unleashed at WM #597 on 1960 northeast of 249. They had plenty to go around but a few look like the stockers took their stress out on them!
Copperfield Walmart has these as well on a display shelf down the main aisle to the left of the toy section. The ShockTrooper definitely looks out of proportion.

My big find for the day was finding an UGH Cody!!! Of course it wasn't in a store, but came in the mail. I hate using ebay for figures, but I got this one for 9 bucks!! Now my UGH collection is complete thanks in big part to Elmeaux.

Nothing else to report today. I checked out the Katy TRU, but didn't see the Gunship or battle pack.

Reaction score

Had to go to Brenham today and noticed that for some odd reason the WM had all of their 3.5" figures marked down to $4 from $6.63. Too bad they only had the pegwarmers. Would be nice if this price break happened here...

Reaction score

I found the Unleashed wave at Dunvale Wal-Mart.
They were all on the top shelf, but looks like they had plenty.

Reaction score

Just a quick watch out to anybody looking for VTSCs. I discovered this afternoon the Luke I picked up at the Wal-mart on West Rd was missing his POP/order form. There were others there obviously tampered with, but I didn't take a close enough look at mine at the store.

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
I found the Unleashed wave at Dunvale Wal-Mart.
They were all on the top shelf, but looks like they had plenty.
JB, you have a pm.

Reaction score

off topic info just in case anyone is interested.
if you venture out to see the x-men movie be sure to stay until the credits finish for a surprise.

Target in first colony had no new offerings except fot 1 complete set of vintage saga.

Reaction score
New Lego Star Wars

The Baybrook and Fairmont TRU's have the new Lego Star Destroyer and Jaba's Sail Barge Lego sets. The Fairmont TRU has had Vintage Biker Scouts on the pegs for the last few days if anyone's looking.

No ML 13 at either TRU but I saw that they were found at the Baytown TRU of all places. Me wantee maskless Green Goblin variant.

I picked up an UGH Cody, Boba Fett, and Obi-Wan this week that are up for grabs. PM me if interested.

Off topic, if anyone is interested, there is a fundraiser for Wiskerville Saturday at the Haak Winery in Santa Fe. My wife is the dog coordinator (i.e. we foster the dogs or arrange fostering) so my free time (and money) is shared with toy collecting and our rescues/fosters. In the past year we've had between 30 to 40 dogs/puppies pass through our own home before getting their own home. You can bring your dogs, get some food, and taste some good wine.
I'll be there all night, so if you can make it ask for Steve. They won't know who GBU is...

Back on topic... the Baybrook and Fairmont Targets don't have the Tatooine wave.

GBU

Reaction score
Re: New Lego Star Wars

No ML 13 at either TRU but I saw that they were found at the Baytown TRU of all places. Me wantee maskless Green Goblin variant.
Ha! Ya stole my thunder! I logged in to post that I found them there.

E>

Reaction score

Wow, so ML 13 is here already? I hadn't heard of them showing up in the US yet.
Wal-Mart in Meyer Park has a 30" Superman (just like the Batman & Thing they had last year).

Reaction score

Westheimer TRU had Clone Wars Gunship, Titanium Sandtrooper, and Heros and Villains basic figures this afternoon, picked up a black Clone pilot and left the rest.

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
I picked them up at about 12:30 on Friday there. There was only one set on the shelf. I read they hit in Dallas too.

E>

Reaction score

One set of the Heroes and Villains wave at the Walmart on El Dorado and I-45 this morning. No sign of the Tatooine wave yet.

Reaction score

Elmeaux said:
Jedi_Bebop said:
I picked them up at about 12:30 on Friday there. There was only one set on the shelf. I read they hit in Dallas too.

E>
Nice! Hopefully that means the case I ordered fron CornerStore Comics will be coming soon.
So how's Onslaught?

X-Men: TLS was great!
I saw it this morning and picked up the Titanium Bossk & Sandtrooper figures at Westheimer TRU. Has anyone reported finding the variants yet?

Reaction score
Wave 4

Hey guys,

Just got back from a late night run to grab some stuff at WM and they had at least 4 cases of Wv. 4 (this was at the Fairmont WM)
. Of course, the stock lady wouldn't let me grab any of them, so get there early. They should have plenty!

Reaction score
Re: Wave 4

Hello,

The new Star Wars Tranformers have been found at WM - @ Wal-mart on West Airport by HWY-59S.

Also, for those looking for legends 13 has been found at First Colony TRU - all gone though.

Star Wars - Titanium Figures Vintage Bosk and Sand Trooper found at Wal-mart on HWY 6 near West Oaks Mall.

Good Luck,

Reaction score

Hello again,

Wave 4 has indeed hit all the Wal-marts in the area to name a few Fry Road, Katy Mills and HWY 6 near the West Oaks Mall.

Wave 4 comes in 2 revisions so far at Wal-mart the first without a revision has all the new pieces in doubles while revision 2 has only one sand trooper, one cody with red hologram and one firespeeder with red hologram, these are just a few of more interesting old pieces with the red hologram.

Also, for those looking for the titanium 3", the missing wave has arrived with the limited millinium falcon, republic cruiser, and luke on speeder bike, these are mixed in with old pieces from previous waves with galactica also they are one per case currently.

Last but not least the AT-AT ultra vehicle has also shown up at Wal-mart.

Good Luck,

Reaction score

Eldorado Wal Mart just put out roughly 5 cases of the Mos Eisley figs. Picked up one set. Not to many R5's.

Status
Not open for further replies.