Houston Area Reports Pt. 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey guys I had to start a new thread because the old one reached 500 posts. Continue all the finds in this thread.

It looks like some good figures are finally showing up. I'm just going to collect the clones for a while. Running out of space to store and display them. :) If I see anything good, I'll post it. The Copperfield area has been very sparse as well as up 290 at Spring Cypress.

Reaction score
the first colony Target had all of the geo. wave minus the clones
I finally have seen this wave and now only need the clones

Reaction score
Target in Meyerland got new Geonosis figs today.

I was too late for the Clones, but I did pick up Sora Bulq, Sun Fac & Poggle the Lesser, both of whom look a lot better in person.
They also had a Yoda, a Jango & a C-3PO w/Battle Droid head.

Reaction score
Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
The Silver Lake Target restocked the Geo wave but no luck on the Clones this morning.

GBU
GBU, thanks for the heads up on the figs. at the Fairmont Target. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it.

Sounds like the Clones are going to be tough to get unless you get to the case first.

Reaction score
I am only looking for the clones also for my son's collection. I will pick up what ever I find for you all. I have decided to quit Hasbro, and focus on Sideshow, the Gentle Giant OT maquettes, and Master Replicas.

Reaction score
I made it by Fairmont Target today and they didn't have any of the 4 figures I needed but the other 4 are clogging the pegs.

Reaction score
I picked up the SW:Empire at War Collector's Edition at EB in the Baybrook Mall at lunch but didn't bother checking Target. I'm seeing reports that this wave is showing up at Wal Mart so I'm sure we'll have better luck there.

GBU

Reaction score
I noticed that the Collector's gallery on the front page for today was from someone in Bellaire. Is it from anyone's collection that usually posts here? If so, I want to say that there are some awesome dioramas! My goal is to make a Jabba's palace diorama so the one in the pics was even more incentive for me now

Reaction score
UTtoyfan said:
I noticed that the Collector's gallery on the front page for today was from someone in Bellaire. Is it from anyone's collection that usually posts here? If so, I want to say that there are some awesome dioramas! My goal is to make a Jabba's palace diorama so the one in the pics was even more incentive for me now

<---Guilty!

I sent those pics over a month ago, so I'd almost forgotten about them.
Keep in mind that's not nearly all of my collection. Most of my Ep. I & II stuff are still in bins while I remodel one of my rooms (which is currently being repaired for a water leak).

Thanks for the compliment. My Hoth & Bespin & Jawa dioramas are also in storage, so hopefully they'll let me add more pics when the rest is ready.

Reaction score
Jedi_Bebop said:
<---Guilty!

I sent those pics over a month ago, so I'd almost forgotten about them.
Keep in mind that's not nearly all of my collection. Most of my Ep. I & II stuff are still in bins while I remodel one of my rooms (which is currently being repaired for a water leak).

Thanks for the compliment. My Hoth & Bespin & Jawa dioramas are also in storage, so hopefully they'll let me add more pics when the rest is ready.
Awesome Jedi_Bebop. I kinda thought it was you since I notice that your location always says Bellaire

Reaction score
I just saw the Geonosis wave at the Wal-Mart on Eldridge/1960 this evening. Of course, the clones were gone but I'm glad to see this wave is making it out there.

Reaction score
Nothing at the Meyer Park Wal-Mart. The Meyerland Target only has a Bib Fortuna on the pegs. So I'm thinking they're due for a new shipment any day now.

Oh well, I did get my order in for the exclusive Mace Windu. And I ordered the VOTC case from the SW shop. I've got a friend who wants the other set, so we're splitting the cost & shipping.

Reaction score
nothing new 12/20/06 at target san felipe. few carkoon figs, with not much else.

Reaction score
There are Clones in this wave!

Five Wal Mart stops between Kingwood and home yeilded one find of the Geo wave at the old WM on East I-10/Beltway that had a case that just had been put out. Found one of each of the Clones. Oddly enough only Jango was missing from the twelve.

I'll keep checking for you guys.

And I got the Sideshow exclusive Mace, too.

GBU

Reaction score
Wow, Scorch looks even better in person.

Aw, why can't I have one?

..or two...or three?

Reaction score
Scorch is pretty cool. You'll find one I'm sure.

Meanwhile nothing new at the Baybrook Target. Baybrook TRU had plenty of the first Saga wave but nothing else. No two packs to be seen.

GBU

Reaction score
WM on dunvale,kirkwood,&beechnut@beltway had zero basic figs.all had plenty of battlepacks $ galactic heroes though.
still looking for those clones.

Reaction score
The Baybrook TRU has some of the two packs (no Tactical Ops or Wookie army builders) and a ton of Saga wave one.

Otherwise nothing at Target(s) (Pearland/Almeda/Baybrook) or Wal Mart(s) (Pearland x2/Friendswood/Almeda/El Dorado).

(edit: I found two Tac Op Clone/Ask Aak mega packs at the Fairmont TRU this afternoon.
)

GBU

Reaction score
Walgreens Score!!

I picked up Scorch and the Clone Trooper at Walgreens in Copperfield!!! They were 7 bucks a piece, but I figure I'd spend more in gas trying to find them. I've already been driving around and just missing the figures. Nothing else of interest to post.

Reaction score
Re: Walgreens Score!!

Great find, especially given Walgreens distribution on toys! I believe each Walgreens store only gets part of case.

E>

Reaction score

Walgreens was the only place I ever found a red Shocktrooper. I've also seen some Invisible Woman variants at the one near me.

Nothing at the Meyerland Target, except for 4 AT-AT Drivers.
I went to Third Planet last night. Of course they had all the new figures. Scorch was priced at $24.99 & The Utapau troop $17.95, and what irks me most is they had a whole rack of them.

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
I went to Third Planet last night. Of course they had all the new figures. Scorch was priced at $24.99 & The Utapau troop $17.95, and what irks me most is they had a whole rack of them.
Yeah, they more than likely came from Wal Mart. When I was looking for the Saga Gonk Droid, I ran into two guys with all of the Hoth wave in their shopping cart at the Friendswood Wal Mart. I asked them if they had an extra Gonk and after some hesitation they gave it to me. One of them said they work for Third Planet and they were buying the figures for the store. I didn't post it as I'm not into "scalper" bashing and these guys were cool about it, but it is frustrating.

GBU

Reaction score

Walgreens across the street from me had a lone yoda.so they had something from that wave.not sure about the restocking schedule as when to check back.

Third Planet is like the airport for SW land.it makes its own crazy prices $$$$.

Reaction score

at_at_commander said:
Walgreens across the street from me had a lone yoda.so they had something from that wave.not sure about the restocking schedule as when to check back.

Third Planet is like the airport for SW land.it makes its own crazy prices $$$$.
Hey at_atcommander, I can give you a little info on the Walgreens restocks since I work there. I know that every Walgreens gets stock one day a week, depending on what district they are in. With regards to toys, that is iffy, because they usually don't get another box until the last figure is sold. Even then, it is a bit frustrating because you never know when it'll come in.
So yeah, that probably wasn't as helpful as I wanted it to be, but it's basically what I've seen from working there and checking toys a lot. The best bet would probably be to try as many Walgreens that are near. At my store in Chicago, two
Shocktroopers sat there for a month, and I waited until the 2 for $10 sale to get them. So some hard to find figures do stay around for a while.
Oh, I'm also back in Houston for Spring break, so I'll be doing occasional toy runs. If I do find Orange clones and Scorches at Walgreens or anywhere else for that matter, I'll definitely pick them up for anyone here. I already got one of each back in Chicago, so I'm all set.

Reaction score

I checked three Walgreens that are about five minutes from work here in Clear Lake at lunch and found a Yoda and the Geonosians only at one (El Camino Real location).

GBU

Reaction score

checked the three WG on westheimer from hilcroft to d. ashford.they all had nothing.the one yoda i saw was at richmond&fondren

thanks for the info utoyfan.

Reaction score

Yeah, they more than likely came from Wal Mart. When I was looking for the Saga Gonk Droid, I ran into two guys with all of the Hoth wave in their shopping cart at the Friendswood Wal Mart. I asked them if they had an extra Gonk and after some hesitation they gave it to me. One of them said they work for Third Planet and they were buying the figures for the store. I didn't post it as I'm not into "scalper" bashing and these guys were cool about it, but it is frustrating.
Oh I've seen some of their buyers hoarding Marvel Legends, and I don't hesitate to tell them what I think of them.

Anyways, my Walgreens in Bellaire didn't have anything. Just the same Sneak Preview Tion Meddons they've had for nearly a year. I asked the manager and he said they haven't gotten any Star Wars figures in quite a while, but he'd give me a call if any come in.

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
Of course they had all the new figures. Scorch was priced at $24.99 & The Utapau troop $17.95, and what irks me most is they had a whole rack of them.

Reaction score

Yeah, I held my tongue when he told me I needed to come by the store.

I saw that the Geo wave is starting to show up at KB but nothing at the Baybrook KB tonight.

Geckolowe, I picked up a minty Hoth R2 if you still need it. Only $24.99....
LMK

GBU

Reaction score

Hey where is the nearest KB? The one in Memorial City is gone, and I heard the 2nd series of X-Men have already been found at some stores across the US.

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
Hey where is the nearest KB? The one in Memorial City is gone, and I heard the 2nd series of X-Men have already been found at some stores across the US.
The KBtoys website also listed one store at Willowbrook Mall. Which characters are in the second wave? I don't collect these toys, but am a huge X-Men fan(so I know who the characters are) and will gladly get ones for you if I see them.
I went out a bit early this morning and saw that the El Dorado Walmart had restocked a bunch of toys in their department! Unfortunately, the Star Wars figures were not restocked as there was only one Bib Fortuna hanging there all alone and scared. This was as of 5:30 AM.

Reaction score

The only KB's I know of are at Almeda and Baybrook Malls.

GBU
There is one in Willowbrook Mall like the above post mentions. The only figure I saw of interst was a Prologue Bilbo. They had the 1st wave of Saga figures and the M&M plus figures. When I was there I wasn't looking for anything else so I couldn't report on the X-Men or Marvel's Legends figures.

Reaction score

UTtoyfan said:
Which characters are in the second wave? I don't collect these toys, but am a huge X-Men fan(so I know who the characters are) and will gladly get ones for you if I see them.
Mainly Magneto & Beast (with two head variants, the classic look & his new "cat face"). Those are the main ones I'm looking for. And yeah if you see them just let me know. I've got a feeling Wal-Mart might be stuck with series 1 for a while.
Thanks.

Oh, and I think Target might be lowering their Saga figure prices. A friend of mine found an Utapau Trooper at the Target on San Felipe yesterday and said it rang up $5.89

Reaction score

Yeah, the lower price seems to be in effect now. I saw both prices lowered yesterday at the Fairmont and Almeda Targets. No Geonosis wave at either, though.
(edit: This was all yesterday, have not checked today 2/26/06...yet!)

Reaction score

Geckolowe, I picked up a minty Hoth R2 if you still need it. Only $24.99....
LMK

GBU
Only $24.99? Score! And since you're such a nice guy, I'll throw in my nextborn son as well. What do I want with kids, anyway? They'd only want to play with my toys.

Check your PM...

Reaction score

I've had no luck lately. I even looked at Walgreens. I'm still in search for Scorch, Jango, Clonetrooper and Sora Bulq.

Reaction score

well, all we can do, is simply not go to stores like 3rd planet and just deny them our business. i'll admit, i've bought a few cheap things there to go back and fill some holes in earlier lines, but i would never pay $25 for a figure that is currently in stores. that's just ridiculous.

you know, third planet has been in litigation with the hotel next door, because people throw things out the window, and they've been screwing up their roof. it's been going on for years, and the guy is always saying the store is for sale. let's either all buy the store together, or lets go get a couple of hotel rooms and some concrete bricks.

disclaimer: I AM IN NO WAY SUGGESTING ANYONE BREAK THE LAW.

there.. got that out of the way.

Reaction score

Funny!

I believe in toy karma and if your here to help out one another then you'll get what you need. Patience is key. Look how long it took Geckolowe to get his $24.99 R2.

GBU

Status
Not open for further replies.