Houston Area Reports Pt. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: clone evolution

Kozee, there is a second variant Clone evolution set with grey instead of yellow on the EP III Clone, a color change on the Sandtrooper pauldron, and I believe the EP II clone is plain. I haven't seen any yet but I think I saw some reports that these were starting to show up.

GBU

Reaction score

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
Kozee, there is a second variant Clone evolution set with grey instead of yellow on the EP III Clone, a color change on the Sandtrooper pauldron, and I believe the EP II clone is plain. I haven't seen any yet but I think I saw some reports that these were starting to show up.

GBU
Thanks GBU - I think this one is prob the old version still although I could've sworn the one I got looks diff - have to go home and check - at most return it if it is the same. The one I just got was still yellow clone, and the sandie with an orange paudron - prob the sandtrooper just looks a lot dirtier, which is why I think it is different. I'm just fuddled with all these variations.

Reaction score

BigBadToyStore.com has the 2nd Clone Evolution set in stock, so they're not far away from showing up in stores.
Yeah the Ep. II Clone is plain white, with scuff marks on the armor. And the Sandtrooper is extra dirty, too.

Nothing new at TRU Westheimer (except for the new LOTR Trilogy figures and the King Kong movie toys)
Dunvale Wal-Mart had nothing new either, except for the hover discs on clearance for $5.

Reaction score
ROTS Gunship at TRU

Saw a ROTS Gunship last night at the Fairmont TRU if anyone missed out on it. Found some Shock Troopers at two different Wal Marts with the other clone repaints on the way home as well. Looks like the new Clone Battle pack has shown up at Target here in Texas so something else to add to the list.

Edit: Hit the Baybrook Target at lunch and found a Gree with a couple repaints. Nothing else new there or at the Baybrook TRU.

GBU

Reaction score
Bly

Had to make a trip to Victoria and found a couple Gree's(have two extra anyone want one) but only one Bly. Looks like Target is not only getting the Clone Battlepack but the two Lava figs are showing up too(Anyone sees them help me w/one of each
).

Reaction score
memorial city

Stopped at the Target at Memorial City Mall about an hour ago and picked up 58 & 60-63. That was all of the new SW. They also had ML10 Spidey, Mystique and Mr. Sinister if anyone needs those. And a Mr. Freeze and Strangle arms Joker from The Batman.

E>

Reaction score
Re: Bly

vdubbin2001 said:
Had to make a trip to Victoria and found a couple Gree's(have two extra anyone want one) but only one Bly. Looks like Target is not only getting the Clone Battlepack but the two Lava figs are showing up too(Anyone sees them help me w/one of each
).
I'll take one if they both aren't spoken for. I haven't seen anything new yet.

Reaction score
Re: Houston Comic/Toy Show

Fairmont TRU has the Hoth, Rebel vs. Empire, and Jedi vs. Seperarist Battle packs and Target has the latter two. Anybody else notice how cheap some of these look and some of the paint jobs are horrendous(i.e. Chewbacca). It's almost like they use different plastic for some of these set. They're almost bootleg looking.

Still no new figures for me.

I haven't been to a good Toy Show here in Houston since the 90's. The last few I'd been to were mostly comics and over priced toys. I miss the days when you could get deals on vintage stuff. If you go let us know how it was.

Reaction score

I'm planning on checking out the show.

E>

Reaction score

I saw several Obi-Wan Starfighters with figure at Willowbrook TRU today if anyone still needs one.

I also saw several battlepacks (not clone) at Copperfield Target.

Reaction score

Has anyone tried the Target DPCI's?

087-06-0228 SW Clone Trooper Attack 5-pk
087-06-0298 SW Mustafar Duel Figures
087-06-0516 SW Utapau Shadow/Stealth Clone Trooper
087-06-1204 SW Plo Koon Jedi Starfighter

I'm going to give it a try after work tonight.

Has anyone found the Topps ROTS Widevision retail cards?

GBU

Reaction score

I guess everybody thinks all the Battle Packs look "awesome" and I guess nobody's gotten their Early Bird sets or has come across the Sam's Mustafar set or Arc-170.

Anyways, Galveston Walmart had their pegs stocked with old figures and Target had their pegs stocked with figures up to #56.

I haven't tried the DPCI's yet at Target I may give it a whirl. Thanks for posting them GBU.

Reaction score

I'm saving as much money as I can for the Dallas Comic-Con on the 15-16th (Carrie!
)
I went ahead & sprung the $50 for the VIP pass, so that way I'm guaranteed first dibs on all autographs & reserved seating for Steve Sansweet's Ep. III DVD presentation.

TRU on Westheimer has the Obi-Wan Starfighters back in, and some Hoth battle packs.

Reaction score
Plo Koon\'s Ship at 1960

Guys, the new Target on 1960 is open. I went to Bedrock City Comics and the old Target next door was boarded up, so on the way back I stopped at the new one. They had 4 Plo Koon ships on an end cap. I bought one. There were also shelf tags for the Lava duo and the Coruscant pack. I had a guy check the inventory with his price gun and there were none in the store. So either they sold out already or haven't gotten them.

I've checked the dcpi's on the Utapau clone and the CA Battle pack over the last few days with no luck at Mem. City, 529, and Jones road.

Hope that helps.

E>

Reaction score
Re: Plo Koon\'s Ship at 1960

Okay, how does the whole DCPI thing work? Do you just get an employee to type it in the system?

I'll probably be hitting my Target tomorrow.

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
Okay, how does the whole DCPI thing work? Do you just get an employee to type it in the system?
Their price checkers double as stockroom checkers too. You just type in the code and hit enter. It then will say if its on the sales floor or in the backroom. Of course, some Targets will block you from doing this. You can also go up to an employee with a hand scanner and ask them to check the code. I did check the DCPI numbers at other Targets and no luck yet.

Also, if you are missing 56+ and Bly/Gree. You might what to check Copperfield Wal-Mart tomorrow morning. They had at least 7 new boxes containing the new figures. One was opened at the top so they will probably at least stock one. I didn't see any collection 2 boxes though. Happy hunting.

EDIT: Use the DCPI codes. They are out there.
Well...except for the Shadowtrooper.

Some helpful tips when using DCPI numbers:

Always ask the videogame area employees, not the front end customer service. They are more likely to help you.

Politeness and a smile go a long way. I always thanks them too as it leaves a postive image of collectors.

Reaction score

Well no luck at Baybrook or Kemah targets, same old stories. I did find a sith eyes anakin at the Eldorado WM this morning. Ender nice score finding someone to help you out.

Reaction score

Copperfield WM yeilded gold this morning! Picked up a Bly and a Gree at about 8:30. The only other new figure they had was the #58 Wookie. They also had an end cap full of ML Sentinel series, so if anyone needs any they are definitely there. No variants, but I haven't heard of anyone finding variants in those shelf tray assortments so that's not a surprise.

E>

addendum--

Memorial City Target has the Lava duo and the CA Battle Pack listed in the stock room now via dcpi. I was able to aquire the CA set a while ago. Not sure I even want the Lava duo, so I didn't bother them about those.

Reaction score
coruscant pack

Checked the DCPIs at Target on Jones/249 - and they had the Coruscant Battle Pack - but no Utapau Troopers. I had to get the guy go back in the stockroom to get me the Clones pack.

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
Just go to the scanners that are all over the stores and start punching in the numbers and it goes to the DPCI screen. Hit enter and it will tell you if it's on the floor and in the stock room. If it's not on the floor but in the stock room then find an employee to help you. You may have better luck if you find someone that doesn't work in toys and just mention you're looking for "this item that is listed as in the stockroom" and give them the number.

GBU

Reaction score

Elmeaux said:
Copperfield WM yeilded gold this morning! Picked up a Bly and a Gree at about 8:30. The only other new figure they had was the #58 Wookie. They also had an end cap full of ML Sentinel series, so if anyone needs any they are definitely there. No variants, but I haven't heard of anyone finding variants in those shelf tray assortments so that's not a surprise.

E>

addendum--

Memorial City Target has the Lava duo and the CA Battle Pack listed in the stock room now via dcpi. I was able to aquire the CA set a while ago. Not sure I even want the Lava duo, so I didn't bother them about those.
The Copperfield area yield me a lone figure this morning. The Target had zero things listed in back or one the shelves about 10 this morning. I could have missed the figures though.

Copperfield Walmart yielded me a lone Wookie. It appears there was only enough space to put one box with all the old figures clogging up the shelves.

The only thing funny today was the description of the wookie on the receipt imo. The #58 is listed as BF Wookie. Any ideas what BF stand for? I can't say what I've heard those initials used for on here.

Reaction score

Hey Darth Bryan, at Walmart BF stands for 'basic figure', from what I understand. Happy hunting!

Reaction score

have not hunted in quite a while so i did today.
WM on 90=some clone repaints,bunch of clone evolution and assorted battlepacks
WM westpark=all the new titanium series
WM mo. city ,WM west airport= nada
Target bellaire=nada
Target mo. city=nada
Target first colony=only new figure scored #62 & one stormtrooper cup
TRU first colony=nada.did see several cases of wave 06 unopened.anybody know what consists of wave 6

Reaction score

Darth_Bryan said:
The Copperfield area yield me a lone figure this morning. The Target had zero things listed in back or one the shelves about 10 this morning. I could have missed the figures though.
I went by that Target after I hit the Walmart at 8:30 and there wasn't anything new then either. Glad you got the Wook!

E>

Reaction score

UTtoyfan said:
Hey Darth Bryan, at Walmart BF stands for 'basic figure', from what I understand. Happy hunting!
Darn I thought it was something more clever than that.
I haven't noticed those initials on my other figures.

Well I found a Target that had the figures in the backroom, but the employee said he couldn't get them because they are not supposed to be put out until Oct. 16th. He showed it to me on the portable scanner gun. So apparently I found the only employee who was doing his job.
He was real nice about so I was cool with it. What could I do anyway?

The Walmart off 290 and Cypress Rosehill has the 2nd version of the Evolution Stormtrooper pack. There were 3 when I left and 4 Sith Evolution sets.

No luck with any of the new figures except the Wookie.

I'm going to try the Copperfield Target and see what I can do tomorrow. If anyone on this side of town finds any of the Target figures, I'll be your new best friend.

Reaction score

Finally found Bly at the el dorado Wal-Mart this morning. Picked up a obi-wan #27 while I was there

Reaction score

pretty good score at the Target in meyerland
#'s 57,58,61,68
strange footnote.the carback lists #68 as the wookie heavy gunner but my #68 is R4-P17.anyone have this figure with the same discrepancy?
still looking for the two hologams and the other two clones.
went by Target on post oak also mem. city and yielded noting new.they did have alot of repaints.no sign of the "exclusives" anywhere.i am only wanting the shadow trooper.

Reaction score

just in case anyone on this side of town has not heard the new WM on beltway 8 & beechnut should be open three weeks from today.another hunting ground is coming.

Reaction score

Darth_Bryan said:
The Walmart off 290 and Cypress Rosehill has the 2nd version of the Evolution Stormtrooper pack. There were 3 when I left and 4 Sith Evolution sets.
Is the second version the set with the all white clones (no yellow markings one the clones and grey pauldron on the sandtrooper)?

E>

Reaction score

Elmeaux said:
Darth_Bryan said:
Is the second version the set with the all white clones (no yellow markings one the clones and grey pauldron on the sandtrooper)?

E>
No this one isn't the gray variation. The only thing different is the Sandtrooper is dirtier. It has a bunch of sand all over it. The other two figures look identical to the 1st set.

Also, I found a nice employee at Copperfield Target in the electronics section that brought me a Battle Pack. The other exclusives are not in the system yet.

Reaction score

Fairmont Target had their pegs stocked full with figures up to #56 and no sign of #57+. TRU had nothing as usual.

Reaction score

Picked up a Gree at the Baybrook Target. Still haven't found a Bly yet. The lava figs and PK starfighters were gone. They had a few Unleashed on clearance and there was a ROTS clone with cup set. TRU had a few Obi-wan's fighters but nothing new.

GBU

Reaction score

Oh my god cheap figs has bly for 7.95, and the have the Lava Vader/Anakin for 17.99. Just a heads up if you have to have them now.
Anyone need a tarkin or any shocktroops?

Reaction score

at_at_commander said:
pretty good score at the Target in meyerland
#'s 57,58,61,68
Wow, we must have just missed each other. I was there around 2pm and all the new ones were picked over.
The DCPI search said the exclusives weren't in stock.

Reaction score

vdubbin2001 said:
Oh my god cheap figs has bly for 7.95, and the have the Lava Vader/Anakin for 17.99. Just a heads up if you have to have them now.
Anyone need a tarkin or any shocktroops?
They had the Clone Attack on Coruscant too. However, all those are sold out as well as the above mentioned figures.

Has anybody seen the M&M Plush figures with Chewie, Boba Fett, etc? I keep finding the Vader wave around here.

Reaction score
Last of the final 12 found

Found one of each of Holo Plo and Aayla, and 501st clone at Baybrook target. Also picked up a couple extra corrected Blys(white arm pits). Still no signs of the Clone 5pack

Reaction score
Re: Last of the final 12 found

Nice score, vdubbin!

I found a Bly at the Fairmont Target. Their scanners won't let you input the DPCI numbers and there was no one around to ask about the Clone Battle Pack. Nothing new at the
Fairmont Wal Mart.

Now I just need the last five.

GBU

Reaction score
Re: Last of the final 12 found

Nice score! I only have one of the last 12(much thanks to you vdubbin!).

Every store I hit seems to be fully stocked w/old figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.