Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Jedi Temple Assault

kozee said:
Darth_Bryan said:
at_at_commander said:
i am staying put and hope for the best.
i wish everyone well whether they stayed or left.
have mercy Rita.
My family stayed as well. We are off 290 and it's a total disaster. I have a bad back and can't sit 9 hours just to get to college station.
Yes, I finally stayed too - am now staying with friends in Sugarland and hoping for the best. Winds are strong tonite - but very intermittent. There hasn't been any rain so far.
One of my friends made it to Longview from inside the loop downtown and it took him 25 hours to get there. I now looks like he's going to get more rain than us.

On the NW side off 290 and Hwy 6 the wind has really picked up and the electricity has flickered a few times.

Reaction score

I was going to go to Austin, but decided, with all the traffic, to hunker down at my parents in the Cypress area, at 290 and Eldridge. All we've seen is some strong wind and some drizzling rain. Still have full power. Glad I didn't try to make it to Austin now.

Good luck to everybody caught in this.

Reaction score

Hope all you guys that stayed are doing OK. Seems like it took a turn for the better for Houston. Hope all is well for all Houstonians. It completely missed us here in College Station, after much panic early in the week.

Reaction score

We decided to ride it out as well. A little windy but very little rain in the Cypress area. Everything and everyone is ok. Hopefully everyone on the East side are doing okay. And for those coming home, please be carefull. I heard gas will be in very short supply.

Reaction score

Glad everyone looks like they did okay. We live in a mandatory evacuation area and decided to leave after finding a hotel and kennel facility in Little Rock, AK. We left at 3:00 AM on Thursday morning and finally made it here this morning. No food, no gas, little sleep in our vehicles made for a long unpleasant trip. We ran our vehicles to empty and in what I can only call a miracle checked in at the local small police station that one of the TDOT fuel ration tanks was being set up and my wife and I were given 5 gallons to make it to Nagadoches to find a gas station with gas. I was never so happy to sit in a long line to buy a full tank of gas. Now we have to figure out when to come home to avoid the same situation. The amount of cars, people, and pets sitting on the sides of 59 after running out of fuel was scary as we were just about two more of them. Just had my first shower since Wed and looking forward to a real meal shortly and sleeping in a bed since Tues night. What a sureal few days.

I wonder if there are K Marts in Little Rock?

GBU

Reaction score
Checking in...

I didn't even make it to I-45 as far as going to Dallas. So I ended up riding it out.
All was okay until the power went out at 2am. Now it's back on (hopefully for good!)
My neighborhood got the usual debris, but thankfully nothing major.

Be safe everyone, and look forward to getting back on the hunt with you guys real soon!

Reaction score

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
Now we have to figure out when to come home to avoid the same situation.
GBU
Hey, GBU. Here is a schedule of returns for all evacuees. This is from KHOU's website:

Evacuees may return tomorrow to areas west of Interstate 45 and north of Interstate 10 -- including Tomball, Woodlands, Waller, Hockley, Katy, Brookshire and surrounding communities.

Evacuees may return Monday to inside Loop 610 and areas south of I-10 and west of State Highway 35 -- including central Houston, Richmond, Stafford, Rosenberg, Sugar Land and Pearland.

Evacuees may return Tuesday to areas east of I-45, north of I-10 and west of the Liberty and Chambers county lines.

Everybody to the east and south of those lines should stay away until further notice because of blocked roads, downed power lines and other damage.

Hope this helps you figure out a good time to come back. Good luck!

Reaction score

Hey GBU, be careful in Little Rock. I just saw on teh Weather Channel that the tropical storm is heading that way with the rain and winds. Everything back in Clear Lake seems to be good according to my parents, who just got home about 30 minutes ago. My toys are still high and dry and intact!

Reaction score

Well I made it back from Canyon Lake today. No major damage just half of my back fence fell. It took 4.5 hours to make it back. Hope everyone makes it back soon and safe.

Reaction score

I know the state has a plan to get back, but you can be sure almost no one will listen. That's why things were so backed up. I anticipate the same mess will happen.

We completely missed everything here in Copperfield. I helped my folks board up windows and pack stuff, but luckily it never amounted to anything.

Our church did get another 100 or so people who were stranded on the freeway with no where to go. We lost power for about 12 hours, but that was the worst thing we endured which was absolutely nothing in comparison. The high winds were just brief gusts that only took down a few twigs.

According to the news all schools around here will be closed until Tuesday and back up on Wednesday.

For those trying to come back the gas situation is still horrible. Trucks arrive at a gas station and it's empty in an hour or less.

Hope everyone stays safe and can use patience coming back.

Reaction score
League City

My family decided to ride out the storm in League City after seeing the terrible traffic. It took some of my relatives 26 hrs. to get to Dallas and they seemed pretty traumatized by the drive.

I boarded up my house and had made peace with possibly losing my entire Star Wars collection. Ironically, I received 2 Star Wars items that I won on eBay by mail on Wednesday before the storm.

Other than a flying trampoline from my neighbor’s house we had little rain in the Brittney Bay subdivision. (Huff T your house should be alright).

If another Category 5 is predicted to hit Galveston, I have decided to leave much earlier. Before Rita shifted east we had visions of running to the Caulder Bridge for high ground to avoid a storm surge from Clear Lake.

Hope everyone else gets back home and your families are safe.

Reaction score

Thanks for the info guys. I think since Rita followed us out of town, next time just have GBU evacuate and everyone else will be fine.

Darth_Bryan, that's awesome that your Church took in those people. Having nearly been one of them I now know how hopeless the feeling of being in that situation. I just hope all those stranded along 59 in the middle of nowhere found shelter.

One of our friends call last night and our home is fine it seems. We're not heading back until at least Tuesday to avoid the mess. I'm buying a couple of 10 gallon gas tanks to bring plenty of gas to avoid running out again. Meanwhile it was great to sleep in a bed and eat a good breakfast with coffee this morning.

Maybe not completely on topic since it's not a Houston find... I picked up the Rebel vs. Empire battle pack at a Wal Mart here last night. There is a K Mart in town that I'll check out before I leave to see if I can score some Jedi Temple sets for you guys if possible.

GBU

Reaction score

I spent most of the morning cleaning up the debris from my front yard. Then it started getting too hot so I'll wait & finish the rest this evening.
I ventured out into town to check on everything. The Meyerland Target was open, and I was pleasantly suprised to finally find some Clonetrooper Evolution sets. I took 2 and there were 4 left. No Sith packs, though.
Most of the restaurants in town are also open again. Hey, as long as there's a McDonalds...

A CitGo on the corner of Beechnut @ 610 was open with gas, but the line was getting kinda thick, and since I still have 3/4 tank left I decided to wait & let the people who really need it fill up. Hopefully we'll have more around town starting tomorrow.

Reaction score

Glad everyone is alright!

GBU, sounds like you had it pretty rough. I hope your drive home is a smooth one.

We just got home and everything is fine over here. Thanks for the update Teras and I'm glad your safe. It would have been scary riding it out here if it had hit us. I was getting nervous being stuck in the Heights Thursday night and we bolted for Austin with not much traffic.

What's wrong w/surfing before a storm DB? Just kidding! Usually, I'm out there too but this one was a little too close for comfort.

GBU, if you see a Jedi Temple set, I'm in for one but please don't go out of your way. You've had a rough past week.:(

Reaction score

We're not heading home until Wed morning to avoid most of the inbound traffic. We'll be packing a few gallons of extra gas just in case.

Huff_T I need your cell phone number again as my phone got fried yesterday. It's amazing how many things are minimal (my wife got rear ended on Thursday night in traffic) and you blow it off when there's more in stake.

We checked out the K Mart today and they had no Battle Packs on the shelf. They do have tons of the Vader and Chewie Palm Talkers if anyone wants them. Let me know as it's close to the hotel. I plan on getting back there Tuesday to see if they restock the Jedi Temple set.

GBU

Reaction score

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
We're not heading home until Wed morning to avoid most of the inbound traffic. We'll be packing a few gallons of extra gas just in case.

Huff_T I need your cell phone number again as my phone got fried yesterday. It's amazing how many things are minimal (my wife got rear ended on Thursday night in traffic) and you blow it off when there's more in stake.

We checked out the K Mart today and they had no Battle Packs on the shelf. They do have tons of the Vader and Chewie Palm Talkers if anyone wants them. Let me know as it's close to the hotel. I plan on getting back there Tuesday to see if they restock the Jedi Temple set.

GBU
PM'd ya.

Reaction score

Eldridge/1960 Wal-Mart has 6 Clone Evolutions, 1 Sith Evolution, 1 Blue Guard, and Rebel vs Empire Battle Packs on the top shelf. Also, there is the Kings of Middle Earth Giftpack.

Reaction score
Re: League City

just wanted you guys to know that the bay area target had some sith evolutions so i stashed one behind a ginormous chrysler 300C RC the next isle over

Reaction score
KMart

Our hotel internet connection runs out this afternoon so I wanted to check in.... I got everyone's PM requests and will hit K Mart again this afternoon to at least grab the Palm Talkers. We're leaving in the morning so hopefully will be back in town tomorrow night. Taking plenty of water and extra gas with us.

Any signs of the final 12 yet?

GBU

Reaction score
Re: KMart

nothing so far but I'm hoping with all the trucks wal-mart will be getting in the last 12 will show up this week. (I know, wishful thinking...)

Reaction score
Re: Titanium wave 3....

Dunvale Walmart had Titanium wave 3 this morning....

BTW, anyone picked up the latest Star Wars Insider?

Reaction score

No 57+ yet at the Elridge/1960 or Spring Cypress/290 Wal-Mart.

I did see lots of AT-RT Drivers, Green and Red Clone 3 Packs at Target Spring Cypress/290 though.

Reaction score

_Dibal_ said:
Dunvale Walmart had Titanium wave 3 this morning....

BTW, anyone picked up the latest Star Wars Insider?
The Insider issue was pretty cool. I know there are 3 covers and I might try to get another one, but I know it's the same articles.

What figures are in wave 3 of the titanium series?

Reaction score
Spud Tater

Was browsing the Hasbro site out of boredom and found that the Spud Tater is available. $7.99 excluding shipping and tax.

Reaction score
Re: Spud Tater

Boys, check your walmarts. I picked up Gree and Bly this morning at a Walmart in the woodlands. There was only one of each, and two of each of the other 4 in the set.

Reaction score
Gree

Found one Gree at Baybrook Target, Bly was gone
. Nothing at TC/LM walmart, Almeda or Fairmont Targets.

Reaction score
Re: Gree

Baybrook Target as of 15 minutes ago(8:45pm) has the Empire vs. Rebel and Jedi vs. Seperatist sets. Also, the newest cups and a couple of Tie Fighters. They also have the Darth Vader sprinklers a couple of aisles down on clearance for $2.48.

No restock on the newest figures though.

Reaction score
Re: Sith-Eyed Anakin and 57-63.

Tonight, I picked up a Sith Eyed Anakin which looks WAY better than the original. I was starting to think I wouldn't find it.
Also, I picked up figures 57-63.
There was only one of each. All this was at Tomball Wal-Mart. Yes, they actually restocked basic figures. lol They still have a Sith-Eyed Anakin available as of midnight. Basically, I would expect to find 57-63 tomorrow morning in alot of Wal-Marts but in limited quantities. Happy hunting.

Reaction score

kozee said:
Was browsing the Hasbro site out of boredom and found that the Spud Tater is available. $7.99 excluding shipping and tax.
I noticed that too, but the 13 to 15 days until it ships made me decide to just wait.

I'm going to make some toy runs tonight and see what's around the Copperfield area. It looks like Walmart is the place to look.

Reaction score

Nothing new at the Fairmont and Baybrook stores today. I did pick up all of the Marvel Legends Sentinal wave except Cyclops at the Fairmont Walmart. Oddly enough I left the Cyclops I found two weeks ago because I didn't want to wait in line for just one thing. D'oh!

No luck with the Jedi Temple set at K Mart. I do have a Vader and Chewie Palm Talker for Darth Bryan and a Vader Palm Talker for Jedi Bebop. Just PM me when you think you're going to be in the Clear Lake area. Jedi Bebop if you still need Mystique let me know and I'll grab the next one I find.

GBU

Reaction score

Saw the new ROTS figures today. Unfortunately, it was at a comics shop (Third Planet) which was asking $20 each for Gree and Cmdr. B. They also had the two Wookies and the two Seperatist repaints. But $20? Wow.

E>

Reaction score

I picked up Passel, Cat Miin and the Wookie commando yesterday but still no sign of Gree or Bly...

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Jedi Bebop if you still need Mystique let me know and I'll grab the next one I find.

[/QUOTE]

I got one from a friend in exchange for the blue Cyclops I got at Bedrock, so now I have a complete set. But thanks for the offer. I did see a regular Cyke over at the Westheimer TRU this past week, but don't worry, he's one of the easier ones to find. Basically if you've got Mystique & Mr. Sinister the hard part's over.
I'll let you know when I can meet up for the Palm Talker. Thanks!

Meyer Park Wal-Mart had a few Clone Evolution sets and all 3 battle packs.
Meyerland Target had no new figures but I did find all the Christmas ornaments as well as a nice pair of Darth Vader gloves & a breathing voice box in the Halloween section.
No early bird set yet but I did get my Fan Club membership kit in the mail today. There's some pretty cool swag in there including a Hasbro mobile.

Oh yeah, Elmeaux, everyone in the Houston area know Third Planet is a notorious scalper store. I've run in to some their buyers doing their fiendish work.

I can't believe they actually had the Lava Vader at one time for $100!

Reaction score

From the Memorial City area:
Target had the collector cases. Not much else
KB had plenty of blue Clone 3-packs
TRU on Bunker Hill restocked some figures I haven't seen in a while. (both Yodas, Darth Vader, SP Clonetrooper)

Reaction score

I found one each of #58, #60-#63 at the Humble Target. Missed Bly and Gree. Found a ML Cyclops at the Humble Wal Mart. Nothing new at the Humble TRU.

GBU

Reaction score
clone evolution

Can anyone tell me if there is more than one version of the Clone Evolutions sets? I found two at 249/Spring Cypress Walmart today - but they kinda looked different from the one I got before?

Also, found some Christmas ornaments at Target Sugarland yday - just the head - Boba, Vader and Yoda. They also had those glass-blown ones individually and in a set (kinda shiny like). $5.99 each or $12.99 in a set.

Status
Not open for further replies.