Houston Area Reports Pt. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've started a new thread because we have reached 500 replies so it's time to start a new one.

Reaction score
The remaining 3rd wave of deluxe figures can be found at Target 249/Jones and Jones/1960. All were there except the clone packs (of course). The Jones/1960 location had alot of their deluxe smashed up and thrown around. I straightened up the area. Hopefully we will see 48+ in stores soon.

Reaction score
I hate to start this thread off on a bad note, but nothing at Westchase Target or TRU on Westheimer.

Reaction score
Willowbrook Wal-Mart didn't have much yesterday evening. They had some Titanium Series ships, but not much else.

Scott

Reaction score
I found one smashed and one intact green Clone Trooper variant set at the Silver Lake Target this morning. Still haven't seen anything beyone #44.

GBU

Reaction score
Oh wow, that's weird GBU. I also found one good green deluxe clone 3 pack and another green clone pack that had the bubble smashed in at the Baybrook Target around 8:30 this morning. Both are still there, along with the other 3 deluxe wave 3 figures.

Reaction score
UTtoyfan said:
Oh wow, that's weird GBU. I also found one good green deluxe clone 3 pack and another green clone pack that had the bubble smashed in at the Baybrook Target around 8:30 this morning. Both are still there, along with the other 3 deluxe wave 3 figures.
Not anymore. At about the very moment you were posting this I was picking up the uncrushed green clones. Everything else is still there. Sorry GBU...

Reaction score
Errr, Hasbro needs to stop with coloring one Clonetrooper then selling it in a 3-pack. It's getting ridiculous. At least paint all three or sell them single carded. Also, make them the colors in the movie instead of random colors...end rant.

Reaction score
i recieved my send away offer yellow peanut M&M as vader in the mail today.

no new finds today.still have seen nothing above #44 anywhere.

Reaction score
Target in Memorial City had some deluxe wave 3, no Clones of course, and a few were crushed. No basic figure above 44 there, either.

Oh well, at least I get to save up $$ for the new Anakin FX saber

Reaction score
Target on OST had all three cup sets - Boba, Yoda and Han. They had about 3-4 of each. I left them all cause $12.99 is just too much.

No sign of anything else.

Reaction score
Commander Bacara

Guys, the Walmart in the Woodlands at 242 had the Bacara wave (2 figs of each). As luck would have it, I already broke down and bought a Bacara on ebay <smacks forehead>. Anyway, I picked up an Anakin and R2D2, but there were still 2 Bacara's on the shelf as of 7:30 am this morning. Looks like they are finally hitting Houston.

By the way, does anyone have an extra clone set with the red or green trooper that they could sell me? All I'm interested in are the colored clones, and don't know if I should hold out for an all colored set (if one exists).

Kevin

Reaction score
Re: Commander Bacara

El Dorado WM has #48-50.

Geckolowe, G-man has something for you if you can go by Sunday morning before 7:00.

Reaction score
Re: Commander Bacara

Nothing at Baybrook Target or TRU. El Dorado WM has two Brown-dot deluxe clones, and there's still two R2s and two Anakins (but no Bakaras) on the pegs...

Huff T check your PM...

Reaction score
Tarkin!

at-at commander thanks for the BK toys, but missed the last Anakin at ElDorado WM. Went to Pearland WM and scored some Tarkins. If anyone has a Bacara or Mustafar Ani for trade let me know. Otherwise anyone need a Tarkin?

Reaction score
Re: Tarkin!

found mustafar ani & r2 at the walmart on el durado.FINALLY something above 44

sorry vdub.i should of picked up that ani for you.my bad.

still looking for tarkin & friends.

Reaction score

i thought i found a new target in meyerland plaza but it does not open until july 24th

hopefully when it opens it will be flooded with new stuff.

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
i thought i found a new target in meyerland plaza but it does not open until july 24th

[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's taken forever for them to open. They've been working on it for over a year.

I always had luck with that store when it was a Venture, then when it was K-Mart, so hopefully it's still got some of those good vibes left.

Reaction score

Did you guys notice if there were any of the brown dot clone trooper deluxe sets still there? I'm up in the woodlands, but was going to be down there tonight and was hoping to pick up a set.

Reaction score

Anybody here have family or friends in San Antonio? I want a paper from today and I don't have a clue if we have a newspaper stand in Houston.

Target in Copperfield had the 3rd wave of deluxe figures minus the Clone of course.

Reaction score

i believe if you go to barnes and noble you can pick up a newspaper from S.A. and about 12 other cities too.

Reaction score

at_at_commander said:
i believe if you go to barnes and noble you can pick up a newspaper from S.A. and about 12 other cities too.
Barnes and Nobles carries the big city papers. At least the ones around here do. San Antonio isn't exactly a big market. Thanks for the help anyway.

The latest wave has now hit the NW side of Houston!!!!!!!!!!
I picked up all 3.
Man, the Anakin one he's all tore up. I guess lava doesn't work well for bathing in.
I saw some little boys with his figure and they thought he was pretty cool.

I'm going to go back and see if I can pick up an extra Anakin. I left my debit card at home and had to come back and didn't have much cash. I just wanted to post it now to see if I can give a heads up to y'all on the NW side.

Go Spurs!!!

Reaction score
Re: 48-50

Thanks for the heads up Darth_Bryan. Don't know if this is the same Wal-Mart you got yours, but I picked up all 3 at the Spring Cypress/249 Wal-Mart. They still had lots of 48-50. I'd guess over 10+ #50 Anakins easily (after I left). No Tarkin wave though for those who missed the day those were at Target.

I also picked up a extra Baccara with a badly crushed bubble to open and an extra #50 Anakin. I got my #50 Anakin in a Target Clone Protective Case. The flame background looks good with this figure.

Reaction score

i found a tarkin & bacarra at a WM in channelview off beltway 8.

only missing ask aak #46.
darth bryan i could swear that at barnes & noble or borders that they carried all texas papers in their racks.i could be wrong.

Reaction score

Picked up #48-50 at the Deer Park WM this morning. Ordered Tarkin and Ask Aak from Amazon. Just leaves Meena Tillis to track down. Nothing new at the Fairmont WM and Target except WM had about all of the released Galactic Heroes in the ROTS packaging.

GBU

Reaction score

at_at_commander said:
i found a tarkin & bacarra at a WM in channelview off beltway 8.

only missing ask aak #46.
darth bryan i could swear that at barnes & noble or borders that they carried all texas papers in their racks.i could be wrong.
I can tell you for sure the Barnes and Nobles on the NW side don't carry any other Texas paper other than the Houston Comical and the Houston Business Journal. They have the WSJ, USA Today, NY Times, and Washington Post.
So it has to be Borders I guess, but I don't think so. I'm a huge news junkie and read a lot of papers when I get a chance and I don't recall seeing those at Borders either.

Now about actual toys finds. The Walmart I mentioned the other night was in Copperfield off of 529. I have yet to even see the Clone Trooper 3 packs and I've been going to Target daily.
I seem to just be a step behind because I see the rest of the wave 3 figures.

Reaction score

You should try contacting the local San Antonio newspaper (I think it's called the Observer).

When I worked at the Houston Post (which seems like eons ago!) we got plenty of calls from people all over Texas wanting copies of our commemorative Houston Rockets championship front page. I'm pretty sure we mailed some out. So that could be a start.
I'm kind of wanting a world champions shirt myself. Maybe Academy is selling them.

Nothing new at Post Oak Wal-Mart. Although on a sad note I noticed Dave's World on Westheimer near Montrose is closed.
Not sure what's up, but when I passed by there today it looked pretty empty & I saw a lot of boxes, so maybe he's going all online now.

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
You should try contacting the local San Antonio newspaper (I think it's called the Observer).

When I worked at the Houston Post (which seems like eons ago!) we got plenty of calls from people all over Texas wanting copies of our commemorative Houston Rockets championship front page. I'm pretty sure we mailed some out. So that could be a start.
I'm kind of wanting a world champions shirt myself. Maybe Academy is selling them.

Nothing new at Post Oak Wal-Mart. Although on a sad note I noticed Dave's World on Westheimer near Montrose is closed.
Not sure what's up, but when I passed by there today it looked pretty empty & I saw a lot of boxes, so maybe he's going all online now.
My sister last night told me to check the SA Express News webpage and I found some good stuff.

enonlinestore.com

Also, if you want the locker room store I found that and the hat out at The Finish Line at Katy Mills. I made a lot of calls and that's the only place I found. I going to SA next month so I'll see what else they have when I'm there.

The Target out in Katy off of Fry Rd. had the Micro Machine ships and an R2D2 controller instead of the Darth Vader. It had some kind of key card that's supposed to come out later. Target also had the 3rd wave minus the Clones and for good measure they were smashed up almost too bad to sell imo.

Reaction score
Re: 44-50

Don't know what's been happening to the western part of the town...haven't seen anything new for the past couple of weeks except that Tarkin wave at Bunkerhill TRU several weeks ago.

For today,
nothing at Westchase and Memorial Target,
zip at kirkwood and Dubvale Walmart,
and nada at Bunkerhill and Westheimer TRU...

Reaction score

i check at all those same places with no luck recently as well so when i ventured out to the baybrook area i hit jackpot.maybe it is because they are closer to the ship channel.

Reaction score

No more Dave's World?!? Such travesty! Even though I haven't been there in a year or two, that's still a bit of a downer. He always told me that his online business was rockin (and that the in-store sales not-so-much), so maybe you're right about him going all online...

Ah-ha! A quick check of his website (www.davesworld.org) has revealed that he has moved to 800 Tully Rd. Suite #170D - whwerever that is. Evil has been thwarted, chaos has been averted, and I can sleep once more...

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Ah-ha! A quick check of his website (www.davesworld.org) has revealed that he has moved to 800 Tully Rd. Suite #170D - whwerever that is.

[/QUOTE]

According to Yahoo maps, that's just off Dairy Ashford between Memorial Dr. & Kirkwood. So at least it's still within driving distance for me.

And thanks for the tip on not finding anything on the Westheimer side. Saved me from going around there all day.

Reaction score

Well, this morning at Target in Memorial City I found the last Bacara & R2-D2. They werw restocking when I got there, but it was mostly the micro sets & silly string blasters.
Nothing new on Dunvale Wal-Mart, except for tons of the new Force Battlers.
Target on 59 has a few Han & Yoda cups, I got the last Boba Fett.

Reaction score

I got one of each of 48-50 this morning at the Kemah Target. They had another set of 48-50 around 8 AM, but I could not come home in time to post until now because of work

Kemah Walmart had all the new force battlers, but that was it.
Does anyone know if 45-47 will be out again? I missed those 3 and would like to get one of each.

Reaction score

UT I have an extra Tarkin. I found all three at Pearland WM on the Friendswood side(Dixie Farm Rd.), last Friday.

Reaction score

Nothing at the Target or Walmart in Copperfield. If you want to build an army of R2D2s that's all you'll find.

Has anyone seen the M&M figures yet? That's really something I'm curious to see. I've ordered some of the MPire stuff, but I'm still waiting for it from the fanclub.

Reaction score

Haven't seen the M&M figures yet. But I did get confirmation today that my 500th Darth Vader is shipping from the SW shop.

Reaction score

Hey guys...any of you have access to or can find a 12" Shaak Ti? I am looking for one? MOC. LMK. Maybe we can work a trade or cost plus shipping.

Also not much happening up here in BCS. But maybe soon. Since you are just getting some action down there. Anyway......

Status
Not open for further replies.