Houston Area Reports pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: New Finds

Target on 290/Spring Cypress has 2 AT-TE Gunners and at least 3 #41 Clones. I left them all. Haven't checked the other Targets because I'm all caught up.

Reaction score
Re: Celebration III Limited Edition Novel

No, I'm not really interested in the book, but I wanted to express my sympathies with the C3 purchasing problems.

I, too bought items for several others (all regular posters in this forum), but fortunately they've all been great (and very generous) about rendezvousing and reimbursement. I still need to meet with two more people before it's all over, but it's just a question of scheduling- I am completely confidant that there will be no problems there, either.

I had actually thought to myself several times about how cool it is to have such a network of trusting individuals, all devoted to collecting and helping others to collect. Maybe I'm just lucky that I never got burned, but I prefer to think that 99% of the people that post here are good people that help make this hobby fun.

Okay, enough with the cheese. Time to get back to work...

Reaction score

That sucks, Kozee.
I always pay up front whenever I ask someone to grab Con items as they're doing me a huge favor. Especially with the big ticket items.

I'm not interested in it and can't find one listed/completed on EBay to get an idea of it's resale value to unload it there. Maybe you can call one of the Houston area Borders stores to see if they'll give you a refund if you still have the receipt and it's sealed?

GBU

Reaction score

Thanks geckolowe and GBU...today is the last day I can return the book - I do have the receipt and it's 30-day policy. But the guy responds to my email earlier today and asks me to hang on to the book as he really wants it. Now I'm torn. He's kinda made several promises to meet up but never did...and if I don't return it today, I might get stuck with a $106 book that I don't want. I could've gotten a couple yoda sweatshirts with that money! Sigh.
But you are right geckolowe, not everyone is like that - one guy was very quick to respond and even paid me more for my "trouble".
BTW, I know that there is no Kmart in Houston - but does anyone know where the nearest one is? My son is wanting some Thomas the Tank (another money-draining enterprise) beach towels and I know Kmart has them - just that like 7-11, Houston doesn't have any Kmarts!

Reaction score

I'd return the book tonight, let the person know which Borders you returned it to and let him pick it up there.

GBU

Reaction score

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
I'd return the book tonight, let the person know which Borders you returned it to and let him pick it up there.

GBU
Now there's some smart thinking!

Tell your would-be buyer to call the store and ask them to hold it for him, if he needs to...

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
BTW, I know that there is no Kmart in Houston - but does anyone know where the nearest one is? My son is wanting some Thomas the Tank (another money-draining enterprise) beach towels and I know Kmart has them

[/QUOTE]

The only ones I know of are in Dallas. My cousin lives there and hooked me up with both Cantina sets last year, and the Palm Talkers this year.

Made the Westheimer rounds this afternoon. Nothing at Wal-Mart on Dunvale or the TRU on Westheimer.
Yep, the Anakin Starfighters were all gone. And where the heck is the Mustafar Playset?

Reaction score

kozee said:
Thanks geckolowe and GBU...today is the last day I can return the book - I do have the receipt and it's 30-day policy. But the guy responds to my email earlier today and asks me to hang on to the book as he really wants it. Now I'm torn. He's kinda made several promises to meet up but never did...and if I don't return it today, I might get stuck with a $106 book that I don't want. I could've gotten a couple yoda sweatshirts with that money! Sigh.
But you are right geckolowe, not everyone is like that - one guy was very quick to respond and even paid me more for my "trouble".
BTW, I know that there is no Kmart in Houston - but does anyone know where the nearest one is? My son is wanting some Thomas the Tank (another money-draining enterprise) beach towels and I know Kmart has them - just that like 7-11, Houston doesn't have any Kmarts!
I'd return it. You did them a favor and it's been 30 days. It's not like it's a $5 item. $106 is alot to be out.

Yeah, I think Dallas and Kileen are the closest K-marts. You might be able to order those towels off of their website.

The Mustafar set hit the Baybrook KB toys but I haven't seen it anywhere else.

Reaction score

Found a SA Clone trooper and a #2 Anakin with Dooku's saber at San Felipe Target this morning. The color of Dooku's saber is pink, not the red one that I found a month ago....

Reaction score

Sorry this post isn't find related, but I just wanted to let kozee, Vdubbin, GBU, and Teras Kasi know that I PMed you guys telling you I am back in Clear Lake and that I have your 7-11 slurpee cups!

Reaction score

Target on 290/Spring Cypress has 2 AT-TE Gunners and at least 3 #41 Clones. I left them all. Haven't checked the other Targets because I'm all caught up.

[/QUOTE]

copp target had 41-44, too hot to check anyplace else ...

[/QUOTE]
That's about my luck. I went to Target at 8pm last night and they didn't have a thing. Now the Target has what I was looking for.
Of course it won't be there tomorrow so I'll just keep looking. I got busy today and didn't check the boards here or I would have went out there at lunch.

It's also too late to go to the Copperfield Target. I'll have to remeber to check the boards earlier for the good postings I missed out on today.

Reaction score

GBU
Thanks GBU, geckolowe, HuffT and Darth Bryan for your suggestions! I waited until 8:15 p.m. tonight - and finally returned the book to Borders at the Fountains (in Sugarland). I figured that I had emailed him - left him a phone message at home earlier today - had done all I could. I have also informed him which Borders I returned it at (aka geckolowe's suggestion) - although it would cost him more now - becoz Indiana's sales tax was 6%, slightly less than Houston. But whew!! for a moment there, I thought I was stuck with that pricey book!

And thanks for the Kmart locations as well Jedi Bebop and Huff T...I tried the website, they didn't have the Thomas towels - could explain everything Thomas the Tank is selling like hotcakes on eBay.

Oh, and I also saw the Mustafar Playset at KB Memorial some days back - I think I posted it then.

I just bought a #41 Clonetrooper from this seller "carneghie" for $5 plus shipping. They don't mark up their figures very much, and their shipping is exact cost - and minutes after I hit the Buy It Now button - and strolled to Target...I found a #41 on the rack. I told the seller and they offered to sell me a Target Exclusive Clone for total $17.49 (shipping included!) to "make up" for any frustration I might have felt in buying from ebay first. I was very surprised...heheh...there are some good people out there.

Reaction score

Oh and I made a toy run to Walmart at 59 and W.Airport - nothing new there at all - they had loads of deluxe figures - but no new wave of clones...
Still a whole lot of keyrings and airfresheners (97 cts) there - guess I was the only one who bot the SW airfreshener for my car....

Reaction score

where would i find the keychains?i have only seen the lego ones on the SW website.maybe the automotive section ?
i would love to get my hands on some of those.

Reaction score

The Baybrook Target had a blue royal guard and #41 clone this morning as of 8:30 AM. The clone is in the back of one of the pegs near those Force Battler figures. Other than that, nothing new. Oh, there was also a deluxe clone with those wings, but no wave 3.

Reaction score

Target on 249/Jones has 2 #41 Clones. Good luck.

Also, the only place I've seen the Mustafar playset was at Willowbrook's KBs several weeks ago.

Reaction score
KEYCHAINS!!!

at_at_commander said:
where would i find the keychains?i have only seen the lego ones on the SW website.maybe the automotive section ?
i would love to get my hands on some of those.
There are two different ranges for the keychains - one is like the pins - with the cartoon characters, metallic type. The other ones that I've only seen at the Walmart on 59 and W.Airport are located just next to the figures in the toy department (not up front) - and these have photos of the first trilogy - encased in a plastic shell - They have different ones - with darth of course, c3po and r2, princess leia, han and chewie or just the plain STAR WARS logo. All photos. They are on the side of the end-cap of the Star Wars section in the toy dept - together with the infamous airfresheners I keep mentioning - hehehe. They run about $2 plus - much cheaper than the metallic cartoon ones, which are almost $6.

Reaction score
Re: KEYCHAINS!!!

Fairmont Target has at least 4-6(could be more) of the ultra rare #41. Hurry!(if you need them) Before scalpers or hoarders get to them.

Fairmont TRU yielded nothing.

Reaction score

Huff_T said:
Fairmont Target has at least 4-6(could be more) of the ultra rare #41. Hurry!(if you need them) Before scalpers or hoarders get to them.
Or heaven forbid the dreaded 'scoarders'!

They had a few #41's last night too.

GBU

Reaction score

Huff_T said:
Or heaven forbid the dreaded 'scoarders'!

They had a few #41's last night too.

GBU
LOL!

Oh, did I mention they have about the same amount of # 38's too.

Reaction score

The Kemah Target had a lot of #41 today as well, and also all the deluxe wave 2. Tons of brown and tan wookiees, neimoidians and destroyer droids.

Reaction score

Hmmm I wish the Wal-Marts near me had those key chains. Anyways I finally got my Burger King toys for this week. Some of the people at the windows were a little bit rude but oh well. I noticed in the package with the toys the list of toys. Each row of toys is the set for each week they come out.

Week 1: Han Solo, Millennium Falcon, Jabba the Hutt, Wicket the Ewok, Luke Skywalker

Week 2: Yoda, X-Wing Fighter, R2-D2, Chewbacca, Darth Maul

Week 3: Padme, Anakin's Pod Racer, Emporer Palpatine, Jawa, Obi-Wan Kenobi

Week 4: General Greivous, Jedi Starfighter, Jar Jar Binks, Boga, Princess Leia

Week 5: Clone Trooper, Darth Vader's Tie Fighter, Boba Fett, Wampa, C3PO

Week 6: Watto, Landspeeder, Super Battle Droid, Tarfful, Mace Windu

Anyways hope I said that all right I'm sure you get it. Sorry if someone else has already stated this. I really need a extra R2-D2. So if anyone knows which Burger King still has some R2-D2's let me know.

Reaction score

UTtoyfan said:
The Kemah Target had a lot of #41 today as well, and also all the deluxe wave 2. Tons of brown and tan wookiees, neimoidians and destroyer droids.
Welcome home UTtoyfan!

Seems prime for the target of "Scoarders"!

Let's check the dictionary...

Scoarder : noun (sc' o r der) : 1.) person of blame for buying what I didn't find today. 2.) boogeyman 3.) Stereo typical person in every story told in a dramatic toy collector message post 4.) What Huff_T injured after catching the last bad wave... "Dude, I think I broke my Scoarder!"

GBU

Reaction score

I found a lone #41 at Memorial City Target today. A couple of choco wookies turned up there too where it was only tan wookies before. No Clone 3-sets - I should prob go bid on one on Ebay - that way I would surely find one on the rack right after

BTW, does anyone know when the M&M SW figures are coming out? I saw them at the Hasbro display at CIII and they look sweet. I forgot what the release date for those was - I was just too frazzled that day.

Reaction score

UTtoyfan said:
Scoarder : noun (sc' o r der) : 1.) person of blame for buying what I didn't find today. 2.) boogeyman 3.) Stereo typical person in every story told in a dramatic toy collector message post 4.) What Huff_T injured after catching the last bad wave... "Dude, I think I broke my Scoarder!"

GBU
LOL! I hope I'm not saying that on my trip to Costa Rica next month. Should be a full on rip fest!

I'd go with def. #1 most of the time when I don't find what I'm looking for. That and the fact that there are probably alot of kids and people jumping on the bandwagon.

Reaction score

Sith_Champloo said:
I see more 41s than I do 38s, I think people are "scoarding" the 38s ... not soo much the 41s ...
Well I'm not seeing a single 41. I seem to just get there too late. I've at least seen 2 38s.

My thoughts are it's either some army builder or one of the scalper comic book guys. I've haven't seen the scalper people this time around though. I'm sure they are still out there, but I haven't seen the 3 or 4 guys I saw on a regular basis who would fill up their carts and then go to their store and sell resell them at their store. I'm sure they are around because their site has the Lava Vader for only $80.

I know if I see any Clone 3 packs I'll pick them up for myself and anyone on here. I know those are going to be snatched up quick.

Reaction score

Darth_Bryan said:
Sith_Champloo said:
I see more 41s than I do 38s, I think people are "scoarding" the 38s ... not soo much the 41s ...
My thoughts are it's either some army builder or one of the scalper comic book guys. I've haven't seen the scalper people this time around though. I'm sure they are still out there, but I haven't seen the 3 or 4 guys I saw on a regular basis who would fill up their carts and then go to their store and sell resell them at their store. I'm sure they are around because their site has the Lava Vader for only $80.
Would that place be called Jams? They seemed to be notorious back when we used to have toy shows here in Houston and for awhile after(up until EP1). I think it was them that went and bought like 20-30 12" Luke on Speeder bikes from the Kirby Target when they marked them down to $10.

Reaction score

I've also seen a particular person that I know for a fact buys figures then resells them to Third Planet.
Once I overheard him talking to the owner about getting the OT DVD comemmorative sets. And he was buying up Clone Pilots & Commandos about a month ago, although he mainly deals in Marvel Legends.

Reaction score

Huff_T said:
Darth_Bryan said:
Sith_Champloo said:
Would that place be called Jams? They seemed to be notorious back when we used to have toy shows here in Houston and for awhile after(up until EP1). I think it was them that went and bought like 20-30 12" Luke on Speeder bikes from the Kirby Target when they marked them down to $10.
Yep, that's the place. I frankly don't care that they scalp figures because that's their right. Ordering cases from Hasbro and overcharging for them is one thing, but what they do is scalping. However, they buy up all the HTF figures from the area and then sell them for outrageous prices. I know they do it because I've followed a few of the guys to the store because I thought I had seen them there. Sure enough I go in and they had a ton of Target and Walmart bags. Very uncool practice and the reason I won't post at a certain Star Wars site because they were a sponsor and the webmaster refused to believe several of us who saw this practice.

Back when TRU had the AT ATs for 12 bucks someone guy bought 75 of them. That was nuts they took a folk lift out and put them on a flatbed truck.
I don't remember if it was one of their guys or not, but they went to a show in Austin the next weekend.

Enough of the fun stuff back to my lack of finding stuff.
Target had plenty of everything minus 38 and 41. I still haven't seen a Palpy with blue saber or Anakin with the Dooku saber, but I hear they do exist.
Walmart in Copperfield has been looted. Someone bought a huge amount of figures because their little section in the aisle with the shirts and sleeping bags had only about 10 figures. A few days ago it was full of figs 33 and up.

To me Target seems to be the place to go right now. They have most of the new figures and hardly any of the peg warmers.

Reaction score

BTW, does anyone know when the M&M SW figures are coming out?
Kozee

i saw something on the M&M website about a set of 16 figures.dont know if these are the same ones you saw.no word on figures above the #44 plateau.
glad i could help with the BK toys.

Reaction score

I'll go check the m&m site again - the ones I saw at the Hasbro display were hard plastic ones like action figures - packed in twos, not the plush ones. Although the plush ones are cute too. I could be hallucinating, because I was trying to keep the crowd from crushing my free signed Hasbro poster...

Reaction score

el dorado Walmart restocked with tons of 41-44. I was looking for 45-47 because fellow scummers in Chicago PMed me telling me those were out at Walmarts up there.

Reaction score

It seems to me everyplace I visit has been raped, pillaged, and razed to the ground by someone or something ...

Reaction score

Well I got a nice selection of BK toys, including Lord Vader, thanks to at-at commander!

Target in Memorial had lots of tan 42's & 43. No sign of 41. I'm thinking they're mostly going to army builders, and not necessarily scalpers.
I've suggested to both the SW shop & the Hasbro Toy Shop that they sell solid cases of #41. Toy Biz did that for online shops in the UK for their LOTR Orcs & Easterling figures.
And it's only a matter of time before EE or some other company offers the army builder sets (like the Ep.II versions), let's just hope it doesn't take them a year to do it this time!).
I was going to hit a few more stores on Westheimer, but the blinding rain & murderous traffic kinda put the brakes on that plan.

I was hoping to find the Mustafar playset at KB in Memorial, no such luck. There also was no sign of the Darth Vader EVA lamp my cousin got at a KB in Dallas.

Reaction score

went by the WM on kirkwood.pegs were overflowing with figures.saw several of #41's-44.they were mixed in pretty good so if you go you will have to dig for them.stocker put out 8 cases of figures while i was there.
alas no tarkin wave to report of as of yet.

there is always tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.