Houston Area Reports pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re:12\" Figures wave 2

From what I read and heard from some of the guys at Rebelscum it sounds like they didn't learn a thing from C2 as far as merchandise and how to do crowd control. You would think they would have figured it out. If anything this sounds far worse than last year.

The fact that the shirts and hats sold out in the 1st day is sad. The upside is it's available online. The Vader figure is sold out online.

Kozee and Geckolowe I'll be sending y'all a pm after
work.

I did find some toys on my lunch break. Walmart on 529 had 33 through 40!!! I left 3 or 4 of both Clones and the others except the Vader droid and the AT RT or what not pilot which they didn't have.

Also, if anyone has an extra Darth Tater or knows someone who has one please let me know. My girlfried and I both had a mix up and neither one of us got one for her 4 year old. We just figured that out last night and I'm in trouble.
I'll trade the clones #33 & # 34 for it.

Bryan

Reaction score

I saw a few of the Deluxe ROTS wave 2 figures at the Fairmont Target last night. No signs of the Target Clone or 12" Jedi's.

GBU

Reaction score
Deluxe Figures wave 2

I picked up the new deluxe Vader and deluxe clonetrooper with jetpack at the Target in the Woodlands today. There were about 5 of each left on the pegs, as well as 1 clone pilot and 1 clone commander (he was behind a few figs). I also had an employee check on the exclusive clonetrooper, but it didn't show in stock yet.

Kevin

Reaction score
Re: Deluxe Figures wave 2

Baybrook Target had quite a few Clone Pilots and Commanders. All the #35 Palpy's had red sabers. Nothing new at the Baybrook TRU.

GBU

Reaction score

Wal-Mart on Westheimer & @ Kirkwood had all the series 2 deluxe figures. As well as a nice Darth Vader door size poster, for only $5.96
Nothing at Kohls on Kirkwood, nothing on Dunvale Wal-Mart, except for some new camping chairs for $7.95, and they're different from the ones you get at Target. Speaking of which, no Clonetroopers or display cases at the Westchase Target.
Westheimer TRU had nada, except for the Darth Vader wrestling buddy. It's kind of a weird looking thing, and all he says is "You Don't know the power of the Dark Side" and breathes when you mash his tummy. It's pretty big, though.

Reaction score

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
Baybrook Target had quite a few Clone Pilots and Commanders. All the #35 Palpy's had red sabers. Nothing new at the Baybrook TRU.

GBU
Same thing at Kemah Target last night. Plus they had plenty of the Wave 2 delux figs...

Reaction score

The El Dorado WM has a ton of the Deluxe series 2 sets including Yoda's and Vulture Droids. No sign of the Target Clone at Silver Lake/Almeda/Baybrook yet. Still no 12" Jedi's either.

GBU

Reaction score

Ah I figured I would be too late!
Thanks GBU, I did have a lot of fun at C3 with my son. It was way too crowded, but he had a blast taking pics with any and every trooper that came our way. BTW, the showcase of the Burger King figures was great! I hope I can get all of them. Looks like a lot tho.

Reaction score
Darth Tater/ Vader wrestling buddy

Hey Bryan, there were four Darth Taters at TRU in Sugarland when I went there yesterday evening. Didn't check the forum then, or else I would have picked one up for you. Plus, they just put out the Vader Wrestling Buddies ($19.99). They also had about 4 Holographic Yodas on the shelf for $9.99 a pop. Nothing much else new.

Reaction score

kozee said:
It was way too crowded, but he had a blast taking pics with any and every trooper that came our way.
Hey Kozee - any pics with a TIE fighter pilot? I usually wear stormtrooper armor (that's what I'll be wearing for the midnight premiere at AMC Gulf Pointe 30), but I was in TIE pilot costume for C3...

Reaction score
Tie Fighter Pilot

Hey Kozee - any pics with a TIE fighter pilot? I usually wear stormtrooper armor (that's what I'll be wearing for the midnight premiere at AMC Gulf Pointe 30), but I was in TIE pilot costume for C3...

[/QUOTE]

Hey geckolowe, yes, he did take at least one pic with a Tie Fighter Pilot - I'll have to root through the pile and perhaps try to post it - in case it was you! You were not that one Tie Fighter Pilot standing guard at the entrance to the Celebration Store on Saturday morning were you?

Reaction score
Re: Tie Fighter Pilot

target sugarland had alot of #'s 33-37. also found an outdoor folding chair and pen & paper set.also tons of movie card tins. if anybody is interested G4TECHTV will have coverage of C3 one of their shows at 6pm.one last thing BK will be having a set of SW watches available around christmas.

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
BK will be having a set of SW watches available around christmas

[/QUOTE]

Awesome news. Too bad they won't be out in May, though.

Target on Westchase had a couple of exlpoding Grievous, red saber Palpatine & Mas Amedda. They also had one last deluxe 2 Vader on the pegs.
My Clonetrooper builder sets came in from EE today. So did the souvenir magazine from the fan club. And the Angelika theater sent me an invitation to a screening of ROTS on May 10th, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Reaction score

May 10th! Sweet.

Nothing new at the Kemah Target or Walmart today. Although Walmart had a ton of series 2 Deluxe figures on the pegs.

And Huff T, we missed you last night at the Clear Lake collectors meeting. We decided that you have to bring the punch and cake for the next meeting.

GBU

Reaction score
BK toys

at_at_commander said:
BK will be having a set of SW watches available around christmas.
Does anyone know how the Burger King toy premium work - are they given out with the kid's meal? There are so many of them!!! My son was trying to grab at the display case holding the set at CIII - I just cannot see myself eating that many burgers to get the whole set for him. I'd rather pay to get the whole set minus the burgers

Reaction score
Re: BK toys

the toys come with the kids meals.you should be able to be them separately with purchase.i will post the case assortments tomorrow. i left the info at work. it didnt take long for them to post the info about the watches i sent them.

Reaction score

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
May 10th! Sweet.

Nothing new at the Kemah Target or Walmart today. Although Walmart had a ton of series 2 Deluxe figures on the pegs.

And Huff T, we missed you last night at the Clear Lake collectors meeting. We decided that you have to bring the punch and cake for the next meeting.

GBU
LOL! Yeah, sorry life has been too busy this week and I'd prefer to bring the beer for next time...if that's ok with you guys.

GBU, are you seeing a midnight screening of ROTS? And where if you are? I was thinking of going to AMC 30 where gecko will be.

Reaction score

May 10th! Sweet.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's crazy, huh? All I did was sign up for their mailing list and I get a lot of passes for advance screenings through the mail.
Besides various indie films I've gotten advance looks at Sin City, Kung Fu Hustle & Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. And I get free admissions to the Twisted Animation Festivals. Never in a million years was I expecting one for ROTS.
I'm still keeping my midnight tickets though. I've got them for Studio 30 in auditorium 14.

From what I heard, you get 1 SW toy with a kid's club meal & 2 with a regular (adult sized) value meal. But I'll gladly take them by themselves if at all possible. And is the Darth Vader one still a chase?

Reaction score

Mmmmmm, beer....

I have tickets for the Thursday afternoon showing with my wife at the Gulfpoint 30. But even though I have to work Thursday morning, I can be convinced to do the midnight thing if I'm not solo.

I'm still po'd that my wife saw AOTC for a second time without me with a couple of girls on the soccer team she coached.

GBU

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
May 10th! Sweet.
From what I heard, you get 1 SW toy with a kid's club meal & 2 with a regular (adult sized) value meal. But I'll gladly take them by themselves if at all possible. And is the Darth Vader one still a chase?

[/QUOTE]

oh good - if can get two with regular adult meal - I can shoot to get three each time my son and I visit BK

Reaction score
Midnight show at AMC 30

I was wondering for those going what show did you guys buy, I was thinking of meeting up with you all. There are four shows now.

Reaction score
Re: Midnight show at AMC 30

vdubbin2001 said:
I was wondering for those going what show did you guys buy, I was thinking of meeting up with you all. There are four shows now.
I haven't bought tickets yet. So I guess whichever is available. I think the 1st one sold out and maybe the 2nd one so probably 3 or 4.

Reaction score
Re: BK toys case assortment

Case #1:solo/falcon/jabba/wicket/luke
Case#2:yoda/x-wing/R2/chewie/darth maul
Case#3:palpatine/podracer/padme/jawa/obi-wan
Case#4:grievous/jedi starfighter/jar jar/boga/leia
Case#5:clone trooper/vaders tie/boba/wampa/c-3po
Case#6:watto/landspeeder/battle droid/tarfful/mace
there is one vader per case.

Reaction score

Does anyone know where I can find pics of the Burger Kings toys? Thanks.

Reaction score

One Vader per case?

Oh well, I hit the Westchase Target. No Clonetrooper or display cases but they did have plenty of Clone Commando, Mas Amedda & Polis Massan. I picked up the last 2 Clone Pilots.
Nothing new at Kirkwood Wal-Mart.
And I went to the grocery store today and found many of the SW cover edition TV Guides ripped off or in pretty bad shape. The cashier told me they're keeping their remaining ones in the back. I managed to get 3 of them (Padme/Leia, Anakin/Vader & Palpatine/Sidious).

Reaction score

I don't see a Vader in the pic. Also when does Burger King start these?

Reaction score

Jedi BeBop, it looks like I'm going to end up with one C3 Darth Vader to spare. It's up for grabs, if you never found one and you want to come and get it...

Reaction score

geckolowe said:
Jedi BeBop, it looks like I'm going to end up with one C3 Darth Vader to spare. It's up for grabs, if you never found one and you want to come and get it...
That's not mine is it?

Are you free tomorrow around 5ish? Or whichever day this week works for you about the same time. Also, if Jedi Behop doesn't want that extra one, I may know somebody who is.

Reaction score
RotS Display cases

Yes I'm definitley interested. I sent you a pm asking for details.

Huff if you're still interested in the Holiday Jawas let me know. Even though we live kinda far off I can get them in the mail to you if you'd like.

And the Target by 59 had the display cases, but not the Clonetrooper.
And let me say that the story on the headline page is true, the figures don't fit correctly.
The J-hook won't go in so you have to bend it slightly to get a fit. So no way did I want to put my holographic Yoda in there. Hopefully this is something Hasbro will want to fix.
While I was there I also saw a lot of deluxe wave 2.

Reaction score

Awww now I see Vader. Can't wait to get started on collecting these.

Reaction score

Well... I ordered the 12" female Jedi's from Hasbrotoyshop.com. $7 for shipping is worth the local sales tax and gas money.

GBU

Reaction score

Wow, thanks for the heads up. Got my order in, too. Along with the last Pilot I need for my ARC.

Yeah it's worth it. It'll be like I bought them at KB. Too bad I didn't see #'s 41-43. I wonder if they were there earlier.
And I also ordered the Yoda jacket & the Joe Corroney poster from the shop. Good stuff & didn't even have to wait.

Nothing new SW related at Post Oak Wal-Mart although I finally got my Alternators Shockwave & Wheeljack. Someome put them high on the top shelf, too.

About the BK toys, I heard they start on the 15th, the Monday before Ep.III opens.

Reaction score

the 15th is when the toys start selling.
1 automatically with the kid meals,and 2 purchased separately with a regular combo meal purchase.Also wm's on kirkwood & dunvale had nothing new.

Reaction score

So do you have to purchase a combo meal to buy them separately or can you buy them without buying a food item? Also what is the limit on buying them?

Reaction score

Any signs of those small asst. vehicles w/the bonus figure? And does anyone know if they are just Kohl exclusives?

Geckolowe pm sent.

Reaction score

so far they just said with purchase of a combo meal two toys can be purchased separately. not by themselves.

i already have the display set
. most impressive!!

Reaction score

I've been listening to the soundtrack all day at work.

Circuit City has it for $13.99, can't wait to see the DVD tonight.

Nothing at Post Oak Wal-Mart.

Status
Not open for further replies.