Houston Area Reports pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: ROS Cards found

Fairmont Kohls, TRU and Target all had the same stuff as everywhere else. So, nothing new. Anybody, see the new 12" on the Southside of town yet?

Reaction score
Re: ROS Cards found

Thanks for the info. At least I know what to look for now.

Reaction score
New ROTS 18-month calendar

Nothing new at Post Oak Wal-Mart as far as figures, but I did pick up the 2005-2006 ROTS calendar for only $5.24
Nice movie images, but beware, the movie is pretty much spelled out month by month, with lots of spoilers!
(I should've guessed that when I noticed it starts off at July '05!
)

And did anyone else get a new SW Target coupon book in the mail? It's got some nice character images inside, as well as $3 of the Trivial Pursuit, $1 off 2 ROTS cereal or Pop-Tarts, $2 off any Pepsi 12-pack & $0.35 off Dark Side M&M's.

Every little bit of penny pinching counts these days!

Reaction score
Re: New ROTS 18-month calendar

next month even PLAYBOY is getting invloved with STAR WARS. the june issue is SW themed with cover and a yet to be announced ROTS actress that bares it all along with other related topics like trivia & collecting.

Reaction score

LOL Yeah I did notice that!

In case anyone hasn't heard yet, it's Bai Ling who's in the pictoral. She was in The Crow & Sky Captain, and plays a Senator in Episode III, although I don't know her name.

Reaction score

Silver Lake and Fairmont Targets had a bunch of the ROTS cup sets restocked today. Fairmont had a lone #35 Palpatine with blue saber I grabbed. Nothing else from the #33 plus range on the pegs though. Fairmont TRU was restocking the Star Wars area. They hadn't put any new figures out since the pegs were full but they had three stacks of cases about eight high on a dolly.

No sign of the 12" female Jedi.

GBU

Reaction score
new 12-inch

I found two of the female Jedi 12-inch figures at Sugarland Super Target couple days ago - Shaak Ti and Bariss Ofee(?). I left them both - didn't look too great to me even tho I collect the 12-inch figures. There was also an Emperor 12-inch figure. I'm still looking for the Clone Trooper Cup.
My friend managed to score one of the Lights and Sounds Darth Vader Target gift card for me after a long search. I never even saw those on the shelves. Also picked up a 2006 ROTS/Star wars movie poster calendar at Barnes and Noble for $19.99. Price was steep, but the posters look cool.

Reaction score
Re: new 12-inch

TRU on OST had one lone Clone Commander today. Also found a green variant Hulk & variant Bullseye while I was there. The Bunker Hill store has plenty of the M&M collector tins as well as select Galactus wave ML.

Target in Memorial City had the Topps collectors tins.

Reaction score

I saw a 12" Barriss Offee at the Target on Hwy 6 and 59 south. Not sure if anyone's looking, but I hear they're somewhat rare.

Reaction score

They're also on sale at all AMC theaters. I just ordered mine online for 12:01am at Studio 30!

It's almost here, isn't it?

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
Nothing new at Post Oak Wal-Mart as far as figures, but I did pick up the 2005-2006 ROTS calendar for only $5.24
Nice movie images, but beware, the movie is pretty much spelled out month by month, with lots of spoilers!
(I should've guessed that when I noticed it starts off at July '05!
)

And did anyone else get a new SW Target coupon book in the mail? It's got some nice character images inside, as well as $3 of the Trivial Pursuit, $1 off 2 ROTS cereal or Pop-Tarts, $2 off any Pepsi 12-pack & $0.35 off Dark Side M&M's.

Every little bit of penny pinching counts these days!
Is the calendar you bought this one? http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0768373484/qid=1113795923/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/104-1054057-4082323?v=glance&s=books

If so did they have plenty of them?

Reaction score
Re: Wave 2 Deluxe Figures Are Out.

The El Dorado Walmart got in wave 2 of the deluxe figures last night. I also got a red saber Palpatine.

Reaction score

I found them tonight at one of the WalMarts off the NE Beltway. Still haven't seen the female 12" Jedi.

GBU

Reaction score

Huff_T said:
The El Dorado Walmart got in wave 2 of the deluxe figures last night. I also got a red saber Palpatine.
As in the Darth Vader on operating table deluxe figure? I was able to get my hands on the 2 female jedi 12".

Reaction score

Wave 2 of the Deluxe figures is Vader on the Table, Yoda on the Cancan, Cancoon, Caracas(?), and the Vulture Droid.

GBU

Reaction score

Also, figure displays are out again but a little bigger this time. They hold 24 figures rather than 20. Check your local Walmarts and see if they have any. They usually give them to you since they normally throw them away. It looks similiar to this one:

Reaction score

Thanks. Would they still have any of the deluxe wave 2 figures left? Mainly looking for the Vader one.

Reaction score

I got lucky this morning & got a piece of the Lego display at the Post Oak Wal-Mart just when they were dismantling it. I got one of the big sides that had the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel with the Vader helmet logo above. Really nice. And to think it was headed for the dumpster!

And Dunvale Wal-Mart got some Titanium sets in. I picked up the Gunship & the Star Destroyer. No sign of the new deluxe wave. They still have plenty of series 1 but I'm hoping these new ones still get good distribution. Did you see any of the Clonetrooper w/jet pack?
Westchase Target only had a few Obi-Wan cups. Nothing at Westheimer TRU but a co-worker & I got to meet Adam Everett from the Astros there this afternoon. He was there doing a signing for Topps cards.

Reaction score
Re:12\" Figures wave 2

The Kemah Target got in the new 12" figures and some #33-40. Not many though. I only saw a couple of remnants. Also, Baybrook Target got in the same.

Reaction score

I just got back from the Kemah Target and missed the 12" figures.
Maybe the Baybrook Target will still have them after work.

Huff T, are you interested in a full set of the Entertainment Earth Clone army builders? There are four (colors, colors battle damaged, white, white battle damaged). I ordered a case to cut costs and it shipped yesterday. If not I'll offer them to any one else interested.

GBU

Reaction score

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
I just got back from the Kemah Target and missed the 12" figures.
Maybe the Baybrook Target will still have them after work.

Huff T, are you interested in a full set of the Entertainment Earth Clone army builders? There are four (colors, colors battle damaged, white, white battle damaged). I ordered a case to cut costs and it shipped yesterday. If not I'll offer them to any one else interested.

GBU
The Baybrook ones are gone. A buddy of mine told me he got them there this morning and that's what inspired me to hit Kemah. I don't know why but they're only shipping one each per case.

Thanks for the offer but I got some on the way too.

Reaction score

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
<shakes fist at HuffT's friend>

Cool! Then if anyone else wants them at cost let me know.

GBU
Maybe Fairmont or Galveston Target? I know if you call they can hold them for up to a day if they have them.

Buying 12" again?

Reaction score

Has anyone been by the El Dorado Wal-Mart to see if they have any more of the deluxe wave 2?

Reaction score

Huff_T said:
Buying 12" again?
Just the Jedi's. And it looks like I missed them at the Fairmon Target. There was a 12" Grievous that wasn't there Wed. They did have quite a few #33-36's.

There weren't any series 2 deluxes at the El Dorado WM yesterday.

GBU

Reaction score

Oh well, just itching to get some new stuff now lol. I need a 12" Greivous. I still wish that the 12" Anakin had the long cloak it's my only disapointment so far.

Reaction score

Kemah Target has plenty of Clone Commanders, Pilots, etc. and I saw one Senator Palpatine w/a red saber. Baybrook TRU had nothing.

Reaction score

Sugar Land Super Target had the two 12" female Jedi's. That's about all they had really other then two Ultimate Vader 12". Oh they also had one ARC-170 Fighter.

Reaction score

Hi GBU, did you get any takers on the Clone builders? I'm on my way back from CIII. Waited 7 hours at Celebration store to get my Vader - not quite sure it was worth it. Most if not all the t-shirts were gone by the time I got to the register, plus a bunch of other things. Basically, only the Vader wasn't sold out by the time I got to the cashier. However, I managed to get in Sunday for free - although they clipped my badge and I was unable to purchase more figures. Not that I was eager to spend another 7 hours there. The lines at CIII were ridiculous. Everything involved getting in line. At the Celebration party on Sat night, the t-shirt line was going around the Hall several times. I gave up. Or rather, my feet gave up.

Reaction score
Palpatine #35 w/ blue lightsaber

If anyone comes across a minty one, I need to replace mine. It took a dive off a shelf and is all banged up now.

Reaction score
C3 Vader

Hi fellow Houstonians, I just wanted to let you know the C3 Vader is now online, with other stuff from C3 like the shirt:
http://shop.starwars.com/

Hope this helps some who didn't make it and it helped me as I was not able to wait 7 hours to go in the store since i had a one day pass.

Reaction score

GBU, HuffT, Darth Bryan, and vdubbin:

Just wanted to make sure you checked the Rebelscum Houston "Anyone Going to C3" thread. I just posted there for ya...

Status
Not open for further replies.