Houston Area Reports pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Target Cups

Hey Hey

My wife got me the brown/red vulture droid today. She found it at the Wal Mart on Fry Rd and I-10.

Got the Tarkin Wave at the copperfield Target last week all due to these boards! Got one of each. Saw the new deluxe wave at Wal Mart on Westhimer and Dairy ashford this pass weekend, picked up a spider droid there. I have only seen the clone trooper three pack twice, once at the Memorial City Mall Target and the Target on Fry and I-10.

Oh Darth_Bryan I have an extra Blue Gaurd if you want. Let me know. Anyway later!

Reaction score

target westchase had the micro playsets and quite a few SA clones.
other than that i am STILL searching for tarkin & friends and the yoda cup.

my patience is running thin.

Reaction score
Micro Machines Mustafa set

I saw four Micro Machines Mustafa playsets at Target on 59 and Bellaire today. It was like those old ones Micro sets which looks like a ship, then opens to a playset.

No Yoda etc cups. Quite a few lightsabers including a Yoda one - I didn't really look to see if there were others besides Yoda.

Reaction score

Thanks Darth_Bryan! I was able to find the lightsabers and my kids have already cracked my head with them. Looks like Target restocked a little between Saturday and Monday. They also had an operating table Vader. Hadn't seen many of those lately.

Reaction score
Re: BK Toys

I went to my local BK again this week and they said they still don't have week 6 and to try back Friday or Tuesday. So, I guess I'm in search for week 6 now.

Nothing new to report except I bought the Redish brown CT 3-pack yesterday at the Fairmont WM. I still haven't seen the all white one yet.

Reaction score

HuffT, my Burger King (El Dorado between I-45 and Hwy 3) has had Wave 6 for at least a week now. You might try there...

Reaction score

huff if you need week 6 i have them if you want them.

target westchase and 59&6 nothing new.
wm 90,westpark,kirkwood,dunvale nothing new.
tru westheimer nothing new.

still looking for yoda cup and tarkin & friends.will use ebay as last resort.

Reaction score

at_at_commander said:

Cool, I'll see if my local BK gets them Friday. If not I'll take'em.

I would wait a few more weeks/months before resorting to ebay. They are still relatively new figures. If I come across them I'll pick them up. I think they'll be more abundant in the next couple of weeks.

Reaction score

Sounds like we might have all met up today!

I went to the Target on 59 and found nothing, other than the new Foo Fighters CD for $9.99

And after work I stopped by Wal-Mart at Dunvale, only to come up empty handed.
I'm about to head out to the Edwards IMAX for the Batman Begins midnight showing. Maybe I'll stop at the WM on Kirkwood on the way.

Reaction score

at_at_commander said:

I'm with HuffT don't resort to the darkside so soon.
The figures have just came out so give it a little more time. With the collectors here we should be able to help you out. I'll also be on the look out for any of those figures.

Reaction score
New stuff or old ?

dont know if this is old or new but i just got my Entertainment Earth catalogue today.has about 20 pages of SW stuff.
new stuff(at least to me)general grievous maquette
MR darth sidious saber
3 different battlepack sets(rebel vs empire/jedi vs sith/jedi vs separatists
3 evolution packs (anakin to vader/sith lords/clone troopers
a retro 70's diorama
all the M&M figures(all 16 are $60
ouch!)
might be some pictures on the site.
alot more stuff in the book that i thought was cool.

Reaction score
Re: New stuff or old ?

Yeah, all that crazy new SW stuff in the EE catalog threw me for a loop as well. I'd never even heard rumors of most of it, and didn't know what to think until I looked at Rebelscum's photo archives and saw that they have place holders (but no details) for those items in their photo archives.

Pretty cool looking items, huh?

Reaction score

My computers broken, so this may be a little late area report. Saw a lone Target Exclusive Clonetrooper at 249/Jones Target, nothing else though. Tomball Wal-Mart still has Jet Pack Clones gathering dust. Nothing at Target at Jones or Copperfield.

Reaction score

Hey guys,

It's good to be back to civilization!

Yesterday you might have seen my neighborhood get hit pretty hard by that nasty thunderstorm.
Well my power's back on and so is the phone (which got knocked out when a limb fell on the line behind my house!).

Thanks to at_at commander for the cool BK banner & wall danglers.
Nothing new to report from the Target on 59, but Wal-Mart on Post Oak was stocked with new Titanium series. I picked up the AT-RT, Y-Wing, Tri-Droid & Anakin's Jedi Starfighter.
And I remember someone asking about a Fantastic Four commercial poster earlier, well I saw one in their display rack, along with a few new Batman Begins designs.

Hey is anyone going to the movies this weekend? If so I heard they're giving away a Darth Vader "who's your daddy" Father's day poster when you buy a ticket to Episode III all this weekend (beginning Friday). Anyone who goes to a theater & sees them please drop a heads-up post. I'm going to see Batman again on Saturday at the IMAX, and hopefully they'll have them. Hey I've got nothing against seeing RotS for an 8th time for a free poster!

I get this strange feeling if I go to Studio 30 they won't have a clue what I'm talking about, which would mean a wasted trip.

Reaction score

I;m glad you got your power back, jedi_bebop! Have any of you guys seen figures 48-50 yet? One of my Rebelscum friends in Chicago PMed me saying that 45-50 were in ABUNDANCE all around the Chicagoland area Walmarts today. I still haven't seen 45-47 yet, much less 48-50 here in H-town. Guess I'll have to see tomorrow. Oh, the El Dorado Walmart had some invisible Woman (fantastic 4) this morning, the one where she is painted with some clear spots on her.

Reaction score

A big thanks to Geckolowe for the C3 Vader!!!!!

Vdubbin, thanks for the Clone Troopers 3 pack as well.

Jedi_Bebop good to hear your powers is back up!! I grew up in North Texas with a lot of tornadoes and can relate to power lines going down and such.

As for the Vader poster, starwars.com says participating theaters.
So I guess you're going to have to make some phone calls. That's the only thing I can think of doing to find that out.

Reaction score
Fathers Day Posters

Texas City Cinemark is giving them away starting tommorrow. I emailed them this afternoon and got the answer just now. If you go for the matinee its only $2

Reaction score
Re: Fathers Day Posters

no new figures at memorial city kb or target.
tru bunker hill yielded nothing as well.
SW sections are getting smaller with batman & FF coming out.

Reaction score

vdubbin2001 said:
Texas City Cinemark is giving them away starting tommorrow. I emailed them this afternoon and got the answer just now. If you go for the matinee its only $2
Well, after seeing what you did I decided to email the Cinemarks in the area. I'll post any of the ones participating on the NW side if I get a reply. Otherwise, I'll just use the phone.

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
SW sections are getting smaller with batman & FF coming out.

[/QUOTE]

I know.

Can you believe the W-M on Post Oak had a full size Fantastic Four figure display, 3 rows of figures on the top shelf, and another display of figures in the middle of the aisle, and not one single Invisible Woman figure anywhere?

Good ol' ToyBiz. They're nothing if not consistant.

I have a "phasing" version but really want a clear variant.
Anyway I'll be calling Edwards on Greenway Plaza in the morning, since my job is near there.
The bad thing about Studio 30 is their only telephone # is a universal AMC number, and it's all automated and doesn't connect you to the actual theater.

Reaction score

anybody interested in the AFI tribute to george lucas it will air on monday on the USA network from 8-10pm.

Reaction score

Nothing new this morning at the Kemah Walmart and nothing last night at the Baybrook KB Toys.

Reaction score

Yeah that AFI tribute looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

Okay I called both Edwards cinemas and they'll be selling the poster over the weekend.
Although the Greenway one hasn't gotten their shipment from UPS yet, so there's no need in blowing my lunch hour. I was planning a return trip to see Batman on the IMAX anyway, so I'll make it a double feature.

Nothing new at the TRU on Westheimer.

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
The bad thing about Studio 30 is their only telephone # is a universal AMC number, and it's all automated and doesn't connect you to the actual theater.

[/QUOTE]

The AMC Theaters around here have the same thing, but there is a box office number given during the recordings. At least they are for the couple around here so I imagine it's the same at all of them.

Reaction score

at_at-commander, I'm good with all the BK toys. The La Porte BK finally got them or finally put them out. Thanks for the help.

Reaction score

I was just over at the Target at FM 1960 and Stubner Airline. They had Yoda, Han Solo, Boba Fett, and Obi-Wan cups. There were about two of each there around 11 am. Also a couple of Grievous ship sets.

Scott

Reaction score

the target on 610&san felipe had all the cups too.picked up yoda & boba.still had a full set as of noon.
WM on dunvale has all the new titanium series.only one full set as of 2pm.
no new figures anywhere.

Reaction score

Tomball Target (FM 2920) and Target Jones/249 had 2 of each cup set too as of this afternoon. No 48+ or any more Tarkin wave sightings yet.

Reaction score

AMC 24 across from Willowbrook Mall will have the Darth Vader posters up front.

Reaction score

vdubbin2001 said:
anyone looking for the boba cup still around baybrook?
Yup. Looks like I missed 'em again at Baybrook Target. Last night all they had was a Han cup. Ya got news...?

Reaction score

geck, go now they had two as of 8:30am. I will pm ya some info too.

Reaction score

Well I picked up my Vader "who's your daddy" poster at the Edwards IMAX today. I saw Batman at 10am & Episode III at 12:20, so it worked perfectly.

Stopped by the Wal-Mart on Kirkwood, nothing new, although the did have the LOTR Pelennor Fields box set, which I haven't seen in a store before.
Nothing new at Westchase Target either.

Reaction score

vdubbin2001 said:
geck, go now they had two as of 8:30am. I will pm ya some info too.
Didn't get to Baybrook Target until this morning, when I found two Yodas, two Hans, and zero Bobas. Must be a popular cup. The search goes on...

Reaction score

Baybrook Target put out the silly-string spewing energy blasters today. They look like fun, but $25 is out of my price range.

Nothing at Baybrook TRU.

Reaction score

geckolowe said:
Baybrook Target put out the silly-string spewing energy blasters today. They look like fun, but $25 is out of my price range.

Nothing at Baybrook TRU.
Ditto for the Fairmont area.

Reaction score

Tomball's Target still has the new cup sets. 2 Boba Fetts, 2 Han Solos, and 1 Yoda. Nothing else at any of the other Targets I usually report on, same with Wal-Mart.

Reaction score
Target Cups!

Target on 59@ Bellaire had 2 Yoda cups. I got one and the other was pretty crushed at the top so I left it. They had 4 or 5 Han's & a few more Obi-Wan's. No Fett cups, though.

And Hot Topic in the Galleria has a few new SW shirts. The one I got has Boba Fett's Bantha skull embelem, and it's stitched on instead of screened.
They also have a Darth Sidious shirt, a Death Star battle shirt, and a very cool looking SW messenger bag.

Nothing new at Post Oak Wal-Mart.

Reaction score
Re: Target Cups!

Jedi_Bebop said:
Target on 59@ Bellaire had 2 Yoda cups. I got one and the other was pretty crushed at the top so I left it. They had 4 or 5 Han's & a few more Obi-Wan's. No Fett cups, though.
Fairmont has the Yoda and Han cups as well. I'm passing on them until they go on clearance. $12.99 for more rehashes and a cup(Especially, Han for the billionth time). They didn't seem worth it at $9.99.

Reaction score

geckolowe said:

Nothing at Baybrook TRU.
Copperfield Target had the same thing. 4 or 5 guns and a bunch of the different refills. They do look cool, but $25 is too high for me as well. Those cans won't last very long and it seem about $10 too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.