Houston Area Reports pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: New Stuff

Nothing new at the Westchase Target. So I helped myself to another #41 Clone.

I picked up a GG Darth Vader statue at Voyager Toys today. It's so awesome looking in person! They got in a very limited supply so I was lucky to get one.

I'm also thinking about getting the Kotobukiya Chewbacca vinyl statue from them. He really looks great, and his base connects to the Han Solo one.

Reaction score

Target on 249 and Jones has the Tarkin wave!!! At 3:30 today there were several of all 3 figures!!!

Tomball Walmart had a ton of old dusty figures. It looks like no one has bought anything out there. The pegs were full and covered with a nice layer of dust. There were quite a few deluxe Clone Troopers with backpack.

TRU at Willowbrook did have the Mustafar set and several ARC 170s and basically nothing else. They still haven't received the 2nd wave of figures.

Walmart on Cutten road has half the pegs with less than 3 to 4 figures per peg.

Target and Walmart on 290 and Spring Cypress nothing to report except 2 each of the Jedi woman at the Walmart.

Reaction score

Thanks guys. Picked up all 3 at Copperfield's Target. They had at least 4 more Tarkins and plenty of the others. There on the end cap and a side display on one of the isles. Beware of one Meena Tills with a rattle sound. Half of his body is detached in the bubble.

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
Nothing new at the Westchase Target. So I helped myself to another #41 Clone

i was there this morning and found them hiding behind the risk games on the bottom shelf.there were two right?
still no glasses or tarkin and friends for me.

on june 20th on the USA network they are showing the AFI lifetime achievement tribute to george lucas.dont know the time yet.

Reaction score

Still no Tarkin wave over here. Fairmont TRU and Target yielded nothing. Target still has those Micro Blockade Runner sets. G, give me a call if you read this.

at_at_commander are week 6 BK toys out yet?

Reaction score

I found two of the Han cup w/fig at the Humble Target. No sign of the other two. Looks like they've hit Houston. Happy hunting!

No sign of the Tarkin wave anywhere.

GBU

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
i was there this morning and found them hiding behind the risk games on the bottom shelf.there were two right?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah that was it. I left the other one. I also noticed there was one stationary set on clearance with the notepad ripped out.

Bunch of savages.

Reaction score

Yes they are. He was nice enough to hook me up with a set last week.

Reaction score

week 6 is out there.let me know if you need help.
nothing new in first colony.WM at 90&6 had 2 ultimate vaders and 2 mustafar sets.still no tarkin and friends.

the only cups i found were the obi-wan cups at the target on 6&59.

Reaction score
Anyone?

By chance anyone have a loose or non mint lava vader. My son wants one to play with.

Reaction score
Re: Target Cups

I finally found the Tarkin wave at the Fairmont Target. I only saw one Tarkin(That I grabbed) but they still have at least one of each of the other two as of noon...no cups. TRU didn't have anything new.

Also, the BK near me said they haven't got the new toys yet and if they did they couldn't open the box until the old ones sold.

Reaction score

I must have been right behind you guys as I found squat at the Fairmont Target but picked up a Yoda cup at Baybrook. Just need the Boba Fett cup.

GBU

Reaction score

maybe i need to move to clear lake

seems like everything pops up there first.i am just impatient.
i did find a new place to look for figures though.start checking the childrens department in Foleys if you have not already.they had figures up to #44.
no new finds for me today.
.thanks for the stickers jedi_bebop.

Reaction score

also WM has star wars adult size shirts on clearance for $10.these look like the ones from Hot Topic.
for the M&M figures i think the place they will pop up first is TRU.they had alot of M&M SW candy products.

Reaction score

Glad you liked the stickers. The Darth Vader standee works great!

When I picked up the stickers, the girl at Hot Topic showed me some cool things on their website that they'll be getting in-store soon, like some pretty nice looking character watches of Yoda, Vader & the Clone Trooper. And a reversible messenger bag that has poster art from Episode IV, the other side has Darth Vader's helmet.

Reaction score

Nothing much over in my area. Katy Mills Wal-Mart has a bunch of Darth Taters. They also had Mr. Fantastic and The Thing 12" figures. They had like two sets of the female Jedi's. Don't know if most of you check out the posters at Wal-Mart but has anyone seen any Fantastic Four posters yet? So far I've only seen a Jessica Simpson as Dasiy Duke poster and a Herbie Fully Loaded poster.

Reaction score

Don't know if most of you check out the posters at Wal-Mart but has anyone seen any Fantastic Four posters yet?

[/QUOTE]

So far the only ones I've seen are at Bedrock City Comics.

But I'm sure they'll be out there closer to when the movie starts. I know KB has a lot of Batman posters right now, so check there too, and Toys R' Us.

Reaction score

Ya, bedrock's are like 6.99 a pop. But I might check them out though. Do you know what they had of the fantastic posters? Thanks btw. I got me a Batman poster at Wally world not too long ago.

Reaction score

Do you know what they had of the fantastic posters?

[/QUOTE]

The two I remember seeing was a reprint of the teaser & the one-sheet movie poster art.
The new "extending" Mr. Fantastic right arm is fun, too. It's a lot like the Doc Ock grabber from last year.
A friend & I were re-enacting "Taxi Driver" with them.

Reaction score

Nothing at Baybrook TRU. Baybrook Target must have gotten some more cups in, but someone beat me to 'em. I still need a Boba. There's still a Han on the shelf, if anyone is looking.

HuffT, didn't you say you got your cups from Baybrook Target? Did you have any trouble? My cups wouldn't ring up this morning, and it took them 30 minutes to figure out a price, enter it into the system, and complete my transaction...

Reaction score

geckolowe said:
Nothing at Baybrook TRU. Baybrook Target must have gotten some more cups in, but someone beat me to 'em. I still need a Boba. There's still a Han on the shelf, if anyone is looking.

HuffT, didn't you say you got your cups from Baybrook Target? Did you have any trouble? My cups wouldn't ring up this morning, and it took them 30 minutes to figure out a price, enter it into the system, and complete my transaction...
I haven't found them yet. I think it was vdubbin and GBU. Aren't they $12.99!?!? I thought $9.99 was steap for those.

Reaction score

Yeah, it was me. They didn't ring up at either stores so they sold them to me for $9.99.

Kemah Target had the price tag on the shelf but no cups. They did have two of the phasing FF Invisible Woman. Nothing else there or at the Kemah WalMart.

GBU

Reaction score

geckolowe said:

Hey guys,

I'm back from my trip to San Antonio for game 1 of the finals!!!!! I didn't find any new stuff in San Antonio or Austin, but I did find a blue saber Palpy in Brenham!!!

I encountered the same problem at both Targets.

However, they saw the sticker and just rang it up manually for me and it was quick.

I found all 3 cups on the NW side at both Target on 529 and the one on 290 and Spring Cypress.
Not too happy with the price, but I do like the cups. There were 2 Yodas and 2 Hans left at 290 and 1 Boba, and 2 of the other 2. I also saw the micro machine set the Rebel Blockade Runner and the Sith attack one.

Reaction score

Well, I now have a CIII Darth Vader, thanks to geckolowe!

Since I had a ton of errands to run today I didn't really get the time to check any of the local Targets.
Man I can't wait until that super-sized one in Meyerland Plaza finally opens!
But my CIII exclusive Corporal Sandtrooper came in. Looks great!

Reaction score

geckolowe, it looks like they waited to put out the Boba Fett cup as it was waiting there for me after work at the Baybrook Target with the Han cup. But the good news is that I have a complete set so they should be flooding the shelves any day now.

Still haven't run across the Tarkin wave yet.

GBU

Reaction score

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
geckolowe, it looks like they waited to put out the Boba Fett cup as it was waiting there for me after work at the Baybrook Target with the Han cup. But the good news is that I have a complete set so they should be flooding the shelves any day now.

Still haven't run across the Tarkin wave yet.

GBU
Grrrrr...

Yeah, I figure they'll be pretty plentiful soon, so no big deal... Kinda odd, though!

Reaction score

Yeah, I felt kinda bad for a second, but I'm better now.
I'm sure while I'm out looking for the Tarkin wave I'll be able to hook you up if you don't find it.

Also, it still didn't ring up at the register so I got it for $9.99. The same thing happened on the ROTS cup sets on 4/2 at the Fairmont Target but once they put the info in the computer they were able to scan them all. There were a bunch of us held up at the Customer Service register like you were today.

I also noticed a ROTS kids plate/cup/etc set on clearance on an endcap in the housewares section if anyone is interested in that sort of thing. Not sure of the details as I breezed past it.

GBU

Reaction score

Nothing at the Wal-Marts on Fry Rd or Katy Mills. I might try checking my local Super Target tomorrow. Also was able to get a set oif week 6 of the BK toys I just need another Mace Windu and Tarfful. I still need another R2-D2.

Reaction score

Deluxe Wave 3 is now showing up at Wal Mart with the single brown circle clone trooper three pack mixed in with the all white sets. I found Stass Allie and a spider droid at the Fairmont Wal Mart and headed over to the Deer Park WM and found one variant set with two all white sets.

Nothing else new at the Fairmont TRU and Target.

GBU

Reaction score

no new finds today again.

i have a friend who went to louisiana today and she said she would look for me.hope her luck is better than mine.

last call for BK toys.

Reaction score

I was in the Westheimer area and checked out the Walmart that is near Dairy Ashford on Westheimer this morning. Nothing really new except for some Stass allie and the crab droid(or spider droid since I haven't really been able to tell them apart yet
) and the Mustafar playset.

Reaction score

Baybrook Target had one Mustafar set, nothing else new. The Fairmont Target and Almeda Target both had the Grievous ship microbattle set, but no sign of Tarkin wave.

Reaction score

Kemah Target has one of each of the Deluxe 3 wave, minus the colored trooper variants. Each has a minor bubble crease in the top right corner, perhaps the way the stocker pulled them out of their box...? And as a footnote to our earlier discussion about trying to ring up the Target cups, this Target has a shelf tag that says "3.75 FIGURE WITH C" for $12.99..

Nothing at Kemah WM.

Reaction score

Has anyone seen any LIGHTSABERS anywhere in town?? I went looking for one for my kids and was shocked to find out they were completely cleaned out everywhere, online and off. I found a couple at hasbro.com, but no purple Windu sabers, Yoda sabers, or blue sabers.

I found Stass Allie, the Crab Droid, and the Spider droid at the 529/Hwy 6 Wal Mart on Saturday. No clonetrooper packs. Willowbrook TRU had a couple of Mustafar sets. 529/Hwy 6 Target had a Blockade Runner set and the 290/Spring Cypress Target had a Grievous ship. Not much else.

Scott

Reaction score

TFNScott said:
Has anyone seen any LIGHTSABERS anywhere in town?? I went looking for one for my kids and was shocked to find out they were completely cleaned out everywhere, online and off. I found a couple at hasbro.com, but no purple Windu sabers, Yoda sabers, or blue sabers.

I found Stass Allie, the Crab Droid, and the Spider droid at the 529/Hwy 6 Wal Mart on Saturday. No clonetrooper packs. Willowbrook TRU had a couple of Mustafar sets. 529/Hwy 6 Target had a Blockade Runner set and the 290/Spring Cypress Target had a Grievous ship. Not much else.

Scott
I just got back from Target on 529 and they had the Anakin and Obi Wan sabers.

There was also a lone Spider Droid, Yoda, and Vader deluxe pack.

I was looking for the Star Wars plates to be on clearance, but they aren't over here yet.

Also, does anyone have an extra blue royal guard?

Status
Not open for further replies.