Houston Area Reports pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Hello

Thanks to at_at_commander for helping me complete my Burger King collection!! Couldn't have done it without you!
Nothing to report on toy finds today. I've had no luck with the Tarkin wave. But my next target is just the M&M figures...

Reaction score
Re: BK Toys

Hey at_at_commander, if you haven't picked up the ones I needed yet then you don't have to but if you did I can still get them from you if you don't want them. I went to my local BK today for lunch and got week 3 and 5. Lmk.

Any Tarkin wave sightings or Clonetrooper 3-packs on the SS of town?

Reaction score

Target Almeda had Wave 3 deluxe all banged up. Troopers werent too bad(all white). Left all.

Reaction score

no problem huff.i just found out that they are shipping me an extra 10 cases of assorted waves in the coming weeks so if there is anything you missed or want extra of let me know.
nothing new anywhere in sugarland.tarkin and friends are still m.i.a. on this side of town.
any of you fantastic 4 fans BK has that promotion too.it should start up around the end of the month.

Reaction score

thanks to jedi_bebop for meena tills.an interesting thing i saw at KOHLS was a star wars slip and slide.
TRU bunker hill has 5 arc-170's but no new figures.

Reaction score

No problem at-at. Likewise for the BK toys & displays!

Nothing new on Westheimer.

Reaction score

I forgot I found a phasing and a total clear Invisible woman at Deer Park Walmart.

Reaction score

Oh I need a phasing Invisible Woman. Also has anyone seen Dr. Doom figure yet?

Reaction score

I havent seen doom yet will keep an eye out for another phasing for you DarthEric.

Reaction score

Doom isn't until the next wave. For some reason they wanted to keep his look a secret for as long as possible.

And is there really a totally clear 6" Invisible Woman? I've seen the clear 12" rotocast, but the only figure I've seen so far is solid except for her clear forearms & calves.
The new Mr. Fantastic is awesome though. The interchangeable stretchy parts are awesome.

Reaction score

Yep, when I found those and the phasing it was about 4 clears, 1 phasing and 4 solids on the pegs. This walmart had about 1/3 of an aisle of figs. On the 12" there was a torch that is kinda phasing to flames.

Reaction score

So I've got Invisible Woman (completely invisible) and visible. I also got the 12" one of her visible. I didn't know if Dr. Doom was out or not now I know. Hopefully I'll find a phasing Invisible Woman. I want that 12" phasing Human Torch.

Reaction score
New and need some help with BK Toys.

Hey guys been a long time lurker of the board and finally signed up, and of course I need some help! I have tried my best to keep up with the BK Toys but I'm missing a few and just wondering if someone can help me out! I am mainly missing Han Solo, Yoda, Darth Maul, and Darth Vader of course! Anyways any help would be appreciated cause all the BK's around me seem to only have the current week, week 5.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Re: New and need some help with BK Toys.

Nothing really new, but at the Kemah Walmart they restocked the Darth Taters for anyone that needs that. El Dorado Walmart put out more wave 2 of the deluxes, but no wave 3. The el dorado had a bunch of the fantastic four 12 inch figures you guys were talking about. I did not see any of the invisible woman power blast figures at any of the two walmarts though.

Reaction score

in the coming weeks older waves will be shipping to deplete stock.if you or darth eric still have trouble finding what you want let me know.

Reaction score
New Stuff

Hey Hey

Went to Toys R US at Bunker Hill and they got the Mustafar Playset in, they had about 10 for 29.99 each. Also got some more cases in but not the Tarkin Wave. They had more Darth Vaders etc...

Target at Bunker hill didn't look like they got anything new

and the Wal Mart at the Beltway and I-10 had nothing new.

Reaction score
Re: New Stuff

Zosox said:
Hey Hey

Went to Toys R US at Bunker Hill and they got the Mustafar Playset in, they had about 10 for 29.99 each. Also got some more cases in but not the Tarkin Wave. They had more Darth Vaders etc...

Target at Bunker hill didn't look like they got anything new

and the Wal Mart at the Beltway and I-10 had nothing new.
Zosox,

Were you at the TRU looking for a Royal Guard? I was there at about the same time and talked to someone looking at figures.

The Target at Memorial Mall had plenty of the newer wave up to 44 minus the AT TE Gunner. There were a few 41s. I finally found an Anakin with a Dooku saber. It was a pinkish looking saber.

Also, if you are into collecting the M&M packages Target has them on clearance for $1.90 at Memorial Mall.

KB Toys at Memorial City Mall had plenty of Chewies if you still don't have one. Also, the Sam Goody in the mall had 5 or 6 Darth Sidious unleashed figures for $19.99.

Reaction score

Hey Hey

No that wasn't me we must have just missed one another.
Oh if anyone is interested KBToys.com has the royal gaurds in stock. If you need one hurry cause I'm sure they will be gone soon.

Reaction score

was in the channelview area today.nothing new as far as ROTS.for some reason they had tons of POTC figures at the WM's out there.

Reaction score

an off the topic subject.
is anybody going to that lord of the rings exhibit at the museum of natural science ? it starts at midnight tonite.

Reaction score

at_at_commander said:
is anybody going to that lord of the rings exhibit at the museum of natural science ? it starts at midnight tonite.
I'm going tomorrow. I may even go early in the morning but I haven't decided yet. I've been looking forward to this for at least a year. I hear theres only one more stop for this exibit before it goes back to overseas. To bad we can't take pictures.

As far as reports.

Wal-Mart Eldridge/1960 and 290 near Spring Cypress have downsized their Starwars sections. I thought for sure the Eldridge one would restock with the Tarkin wave but they moved the end cap to the "main" area and filled it up with Batman stuff. I bet late next week were bound to hear Tarkin reports from Wal-Mart, at least I hope so.

Finally got a Anakin with Solid Red Dooku Saber in great condition at Target 290/Spring Cypress. It was their only one. They also had two #41s and no new deluxe at all.

Reaction score

COOL! Thanks at_at! Also I will be at the LOTR Exhibit tonight! I think around 12:30...very excited to see it!

Reaction score

i just found about it today and of course it was sold out.let me know what the free posters look like if you get one.(1st 250 people)i will go next week.

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
for some reason they had tons of POTC figures at the WM's out there.

[/QUOTE]

Really? Wow, I didn't know NECA was dealing with Wal-Mart.

And I wanted to go to the midnight showing of the LOTR exhibit, but it was sold out. I'll probably wait a few weeks, and go during the week when there's less crowds. I made the mistake of going to the Star Wars exhibit on a Friday, when they were packed.

Reaction score

at_at_commander said:
Don't worry I won't report you this time for such a huge violation on a STAR WARS BOARD.

I hadn't heard about it until last week when my brother saw the huge banner at the museum. I plan on going in the next couple weeks.

I really enjoyed the Star Wars exhibit and look forward to this as well. Hope you guys have a great time.

Reaction score

I might go to that exhibit. Can't believe it's sold out for this weekend. Anyways Fry Rd Wal-Mart had a whole lot of Darth Tater they also had one 12" Thing and 2 Human Torch phasing 12". Other then that nothing much new still no sign of the Tarkin wave.

Reaction score

I heard from a friend in Singapore that the deluxe Clonetrooper set over there (marked a METRO exclusive) - has the middle clonetrooper with green markings. I hadn't seen anything like that here. But they only sell that in a set with the other deluxe in the wave for SIN$134.00. So far in Houston, I have only seen the all white clone set.

BTW, thanks to at_at_commander for the heads-up on LOTR!

Reaction score

WM on kirkwood had a bunch of 12" jedi females and emperors.still no tarkin & friends.

it does not look like the WM on dunvale has restocked in about a week.same stuff there every day.

Reaction score

Well by the time we got there they were out of the posters, but from what I could tell they are simply the fellowship of the ring artwork with exhibit info on them. It was a mad house there that night, but the exhibit is really amazing, very similar to the Star Wars exhibit at the MFA here before. I wish there were more of the models there however....the towers are incredible!

Reaction score

geckolowe, I got the C3 badge set on Friday. Thanks again!

I made an extensive toy run yesterday without luck finding the Tarkin wave. I've seen the Mustafar set now at Target and TRU so it should be a lot easier to find.

Kozee, I've seen a picture of that Clone set with the single green marking clone so I'm sure it's going to make it here eventually. Has anyone actually seen the colored version of the 3-pack?

I'm definately going to have to check out the LOTR exhibit.

GBU

Reaction score

Glad to hear it, GBU, and glad to be able to help out.

I picked up a Mustafar at Westheimer TRU this evening, leaving one on the shelf...

Reaction score

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
Kozee, I've seen a picture of that Clone set with the single green marking clone so I'm sure it's going to make it here eventually. Has anyone actually seen the colored version of the 3-pack?

I'm definately going to have to check out the LOTR exhibit.

GBU
I've yet to see a colored version of the clones set, only the white ones. Visited Fairmont Geoffrey/TRU store today - nothing new there; nor at the Target. Couple of 12-inch Clonetroopers at the Target though.

Reaction score

Nothing at Baybrook Target or El Dorado WM.

Baybrook TRU has a thousand Mustafars (well, actually only ten, but still...)

Reaction score

geckolowe said:
I wouldn't count on El Dorado WM getting much as far as figures right now. G said he checked the system the other day and there are no Collection 2 waves scheduled for shipment to their store and I think once it shows it usually takes about two weeks to get them.

Reaction score

Huff_T said:
geckolowe said:
I wouldn't count on El Dorado WM getting much as far as figures right now. G said he checked the system the other day and there are no Collection 2 waves scheduled for shipment to their store and I think once it shows it usually takes about two weeks to get them.
Sorry to hear about the lack of figs, but glad to hear the G-man is still in place. I was worried, when I heard the rumors from a week or two back that someone might be let go from the ED WM toy dept....

Reaction score

Today at the Target on 59 I found the new Mustafar/Blockade Runner Micro Playset. Looks pretty nice! I went there looking for the new cup sets & those clearanced game cases, but this was still a nice find.
The Anakin figure has a green lightsaber, which is kind of odd. I wonder if this is an early variant?

Reaction score

Fairmont TRU didn't have much. Just 1 Mustafar set. Fairmoint Target has 2 of those Blockade Runner/Mustafar Micro playsets. It looked pretty cool but I passed on it. The Deerpark WM didn't have anything new but I picked up a couple of Saga figures for $2 that looked like they found hidden somewhere. I got Ceremonial Padme, Tatooine Padme and Aalya Secura to open.

Status
Not open for further replies.