Houston Area Reports pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: KEYCHAINS!!!

Same thing at the Copperfield Wal-Mart. This morning they had tons of #41 and several pink Dooku saber Anakins. I only bought one Dooku saber Anakin and left the rest. I wish I found the other version with the solid red Dooku saber but all the ones I found in the past had their cards messed up.

Also, Wal-Marts are starting to restock their Episode III Unleashed. I picked up a mint Grevious at the Eldridge/1960 Wal-Mart this morning.

Reaction score

I must of just missed you Ender, I was at Copp. Walmart too ... they do have some new stuff 41-44 of course no 38s ... transparent dooku saber anakins ...

Reaction score

i forgot who was looking for the mustafar playset but the WM on kirkwood had two of them.top shelf above the back set of figures.also had some newer galatic heroes.
target westchase had nothing new.neither did TRU on westheimer or bunker hill.still no sign of tarkin & friends.

Reaction score
Re: Mustafar Set

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
I picked up the Mustafar set at the Kemah WalMart at lunch. No signs of #44-47. Kemah Target had nothing new.

GBU
Crap! I went this morning but they still had the doors I go into locked and I didn't have time to go in the other way. I knew when I was leaving I probably missed out on something.

Reaction score

Sith_Champloo said:
I must of just missed you Ender, I was at Copp. Walmart too ... they do have some new stuff 41-44 of course no 38s ... transparent dooku saber anakins ...
Those #38's must be real popular with the kids.

Reaction score
Re: Mustafar Set

Huff_T said:
Crap! I went this morning but they still had the doors I go into locked and I didn't have time to go in the other way. I knew when I was leaving I probably missed out on something.
I left one on the shelf. Good luck!

GBU

Reaction score
Exclusive Anakin Starfighter

TRU in Sugarland had two of the exclusive green Anakin starfighters when I was there about 8:30 p.m. last night. They were kinda mixed in with the other regular ships. I left them both since I don't collect the vehicles

Reaction score
Wal-Mart findings

Yeah, that was me looking for the Mustafar Playset. I found it this afternoon at the Wal-Mart on Dunvale.

In fact they just put out a lot of new stuff in the toy dept.
I saw plenty of #41 Clones (I got 3, and there were still plenty left on the pegs, although some were about 3 or 4 rows deep.) and enough of #'s 42-44 to instantly build an army. No sign of the Tarkin wave, though.
And anyone looking for ML 9 they had an entire shelf full of everyone. No chases, though.
I also got my Darth Vader cookie jar in the mail from Keebler. It's awesome! A lot bigger than what I was expecting.

Reaction score
Re: Exclusive Anakin Starfighter

Hey guys....long time since I posted anything on here...but I was wondering if there were any Target Clones in Houston. AND if some one might be interested in hooking me up with one. I have a Blue Saber Palp #35 or I get get almost any fig #1-44 with ease(even# #41). Anyway...I was just wondering. My local Target only got one case early on and I want to get one MOC with the changed Logo. Drop me a PM or something.

Also, a small note about the keychains... One of my Walmarts actually has theses guys in the Automotive section. The OT ones with photos of vintage scenes and characters anyway. May look there if your WM doesn't seem to have them. Mine were at the register area of the Auto dept. Give that a shot if your looking. Anyway....hope everyone is finding everything they need. I seem to be one a just a few (maybe 3) collectors here in BCS. If you need anything drop me line. Shippig to Houston could be cheaper than gas these days, esp if you ship media. Later.

Reaction score

at_at_commander, can you hook me up w/BK week 3 toys? I went today cause the lady at my local BK told me last week to come today(for week 3 toys) and I ended up with week 4 toys. So, some how I missed week 3's.

Thanks, GBU. I'll find it eventually.

Long time no hear Jedi_Hawk. I haven't seen any Target Clones at the store since I got mine a few weeks ago.

Reaction score

week three was the pod racer wave.i cant promise you but i can try to locate them at another store because i know i am out of that one.i will let you know.
it is possible that they screwed up their delivery schedule because they screwed me on wave 2.

Reaction score

at_at_commander said:
week three was the pod racer wave.i cant promise you but i can try to locate them at another store because i know i am out of that one.i will let you know.
it is possible that they screwed up their delivery schedule because they screwed me on wave 2.
Yeah, that's what I missed. I'll check out another BK in the area tomorrow and I'll see what my usual BK have/get next week. Lmk, if you locate any too. Thanks!

Reaction score
7-11 cups

Many thanks to UToyfan for the 7-11 Slurpee cups. They were much better material and way more cool than I thought they would be. They are pretty bulky, so I appreciate you carting the lot back to Houston.
Made a stop at Walmart Dunvale - couple of 42, 43, 44, an Anakin with pink Dooku saber..nothing newer.

Reaction score
Re: 7-11 cups

After picking up my 7-11 cups from UToyfan this morning (thanks again!) I went on a little toy run and found the Wave 3 Deluxe figures at both the Baybrook and Fairmont Targets. Only found one plain Clone Trooper set at the Baybrook store. Plenty of #41-44's most everywhere but nothing newer.

HuffT, the Deer Park WalMart has two Mustafar sets. Both boxes were a little dented if that makes a difference.

GBU

Reaction score

Hey guys which wookie is the variation the light one or the dark one? I've seen a good mixture of both so I don't know.

Thanks for the help on finding the SA Clone. I managed to get 2 at Walmart.

Also, I was curious if anyone has or known someone who has seen ROTS on a digital screen. I noticed on the SW website that there's now a theater in Austin.

If anyone happens to see an Anakin Master Replicas sabers at Best Buy, Borders, or Gamestop could you let me know.

One last thing I saw these lenticular posters that were 8 X 10 at the Gamestop on 529 next door to Walmart. There was Yoda, Grievous, and R2D2. I thought these things looked great and they were $5.99.

Thanks,

Bryan

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
One last thing I saw these lenticular posters that were 8 X 10 at the Gamestop on 529 next door to Walmart. There was Yoda, Grievous, and R2D2. I thought these things looked great and they were $5.99.

[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for the tip. I was kind of wanting to get that Yoda one.
The Sam Goody in Memorial City had a 12x18 lenticular Vader/Sidious poster, but I think I got the last one this past week.

Reaction score
Wave 3

I saw the remnants of Wave 3 at Copp. Target ... the scalper/collectors must of came early to stock up for their flea markets ... they still had a set of all 4 deluxe wave 3 but the cards were all jacked up ...

Reaction score
Re: Wave 3

I had to go to the Woodlands today so heres an area report.

Woodlands Target has freshly stocked shelves containing AT-TE Gunners and plenty of #41 Clones. Only the leftovers from the new deluxe.

Woodlands Toys R Us had VOTC Boba Fetts and Stormtroopers just in case any one wants them. I haven't seen them in a while.

At the SuperTarget on I-45 (south of Woodlands) all Gunners and #41 clones were missing. No new deluxe.

Reaction score

Sith_Champloo said:
I saw the remnants of Wave 3 at Copp. Target ... the scalper/collectors must of came early to stock up for their flea markets ... they still had a set of all 4 deluxe wave 3 but the cards were all jacked up ...
Yeah, that's it.

On a brighter note, I found a Mustafar set. I must have beat the flea market scalpers/collectors to it.

Reaction score

does anybody know what the case number is for the tarkin wave ?the boxes i have been coming across say 04wave05 on the side and the packing stickers say starwarswk18.if i can find them i could get extras for somebody.no new finds today.

Reaction score

Stopped by Galleria Target on the way back Saturday - saw all of the new deluxe - Stass Allie, Spider, Crab droids - but NOT the clonetroopers.

Reaction score

Huff T you are such a [censored], get off my nuts.

On a brighter note I got the TRU Exclusive Anakin's Jedi Starfighter.

Reaction score

Sith_Champloo said:

Stop whinning and making stupid accusations about whose buying all the toys in your area and just give a report(i.e.store, location and what you found or didn't find).

We've had 120+ pages of reports and hardly any complaints about scalpers until you came along. Everybody has pretty much gotten what they've needed even on your side of town. And believe it or not we actually help each other out sometimes. So, grow some nuts and stop being a ****.

Sorry everyone.

Reaction score

Huff_T said:
Sith_Champloo said:

Stop whinning and making stupid accusations about whose buying all the toys in your area and just give a report(i.e.store, location and what you found or didn't find).

We've had 120+ pages of reports and hardly any complaints about scalpers until you came along. Everybody has pretty much gotten what they've needed even on your side of town. And believe it or not we actually help each other out sometimes. So, grow some nuts and stop being a ****.

Sorry everyone.
Ok guys this is enough. Sith Champloo just post what you find and no commentary aimed at other people. Everybody on here has managed to get along just fine for several years now and I'd like to see that continue.

Reaction score

To my suprise TRU on Bunker Hill had the Tarkin wave this afternoon!
I picked up one of each. I'm afraid I got the last Tarkin, but there were a couple more of Meena Tills & 1 last Ask Aak.
They weren't at the front display, but around the corner from the regular SW aisle. There were also some sparse #41 Clones.
Nothing new at the Memorial City Target, except I finally got a Fantastic Four movie set (including Invisible Woman!).

Reaction score

Went by Super Target in Cinco Ranch they had some 41-44's and they had like one Spider Droid deluxe figure. They also had a few Anakin with Dooku lightsaber. They had some with pink and one they had was red which I got. Don't know which is harder to find I just took a guess and grab that one. Also was able to grab me a Invisible Woman (Completely Invisible). Now all I need is the one where she is half invisible and half not. Still no sign of the Tarkin wave around here.

Reaction score

Nothing at Baybrook Target this morning. Eldorado WM nothing, but I think someone from the toy department might get fired. Overheard two talking.

Reaction score

There were all 4 of the wave 3 deluxes at the Almeda Target this morning, but the boxes were crushed!

They had two of the clone 3 pack so I got one since I am going to open it anyway. The other one is still there as of 9:30.
It was great getting to meet kozee, GBU, and vdubbin in person and I hope y'all enjoy those 7-11 cups. Teras_Kasi, I still have your cups so PM me for a date and time when we can meet so I can give them to you.

Reaction score

Went out looking for 45+ last night and some this morning.

Willowbrook TRU- Still nothing over 32.

Kohls 249 and 1960 had nothing over 44. Saw a 41 at each though.

Willowbrook Wal-Mart- Saw a Mustafar playset yesterday.

Target 249/Jones- Saw 2 Mustafar playsets and 2 Unleashed Grevious this morning. No new deluxe.

Reaction score

I finally got some deluxe wave 3 this afternoon.

Target on 59 had Stass Allie, a Crab Driod & a Spider Droid left. Nothing else new.

And it looks like we're being downsized.
Remember that wonderful front display at TRU? Well the Westheimer store took it all down & replaced it with Batman Begins merchandise. All the SW merchandise was moved to the shelf in front of the customer service desk. I asked one of the ladies what happened to the breathing cardboard displays, she said she didn't know, that they did all that overnight.

Reaction score

Katy Mills Wal-Mart had two Mustafar playsets and they're also down sizing their Star Wars section. They also had those key chains their in automotive.

Reaction score

nothing at Eldorado/LaMarque Walmart this morning. LM walmart did have a couple Invisible woman full bodies.

Reaction score

I came up empty at El Dorado WM, too. Ditto Baybrook Target and TRU.

I've now seen three Anakin/Grievous Bodyguard Battle Scenes (at Targets/TRUs), and all were chewed up where the lightsaber controller exits the box. I guess those particular lightsabers are bigger than in the other two scenes that are out, or the controllers are positioned slightly higher/lower than the others, so that the first person to come along and try out the feature ruins the box. I'm holding out for a good condition box, so please speak up if anyone finds one...

Reaction score

huff
got the podracer,jawa,and obi-wan from wave three if you were still looking for them.stiil need emperor and padme.

Reaction score

at_at_commander said:
huff
got the podracer,jawa,and obi-wan from wave three if you were still looking for them.stiil need emperor and padme.
Cool, thanks! Yeah, I'll take them! I guess hold onto them until we figure out when to meet.

Reaction score
Hello

Hey Hey, I'm new to the boards and I just wanted to say hey.

I found one Tarkin at the Toys R Us at Bunker Hill and I-10 today.

Take it easy!

Reaction score
Re: Hello

man that bunker hill TRU never has anything and now the tarkin wave shows up there of all places.

all will be had in due time.
welcome to the forum zosox

Reaction score

tried to order that holo leia on SW shop but it is only available for in person convention pickup only.

hope i will not have to pay secondary market prices for this one.

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
hope i will not have to pay secondary market prices for this one.

[/QUOTE]

Nah, I've heard that after the convention season is over (I think the last big one is in August), the shop will start selling the remainders to everyone else, just like they did with the silver Boba Fett. I think HS members get first dibs, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.