Houston Area Reports pt. 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Fellow Houstonians,

I'm starting a new thread because the old one is going to be locked soon. Every 500 replies or so we'll start a new one.

Thanks,

Bryan

Reaction score
Well the only Kohls anywhere near me is on Westheimer (and that's still a good drive from my work), and they didn't have any Episode III figures at all. But a friend got the exploding Grievous at Target last night so hopefully these waves will start showing up there soon enough.

Oh, and TRU on Westheimer has the ARC Fighters back in stock. It also looks like they had ROTK wave 5 because I saw a Mt. Doom Frodo hanging with some of the older ones.

Reaction score
Bryan the TRU on Fairmont had about 4 Arc-170 this afternoon. Found 37,39,40 at Kohls this evening they only had one of each, no gunners. All the clone commanders and pilots gone. Anyone find a Palpatine #35 w/blue lightsaber I need one.

Reaction score
Hi! I just wanted to thank everyone for the posts about the Kohl's finds. I am in Chicago for pharmacy school right now, so I called my mom back home in Houston to check out the Kohl's near us in Clear Lake. That would be the El Dorado one I believe. Anyway, she calls me back tonight and told me she found numbers 33 and 36 there! I had to give her the numbers of the ones I wanted (33, 34, 35, 36) since she knows nothing about Star Wars except that they are movies titled "Star Wars". So yeah, she bought those two and said that there was one 36 left(Exploding Grievous). She now realizes how hard these figures are to find because she told me she went to Walmart, Target, and TRU after that to find the others for me. Of course they weren't there. Sorry for the long post, and again thanks to all the people reporting here. I love my mom and always will!

She says I have to pay her back for everything once I become a pharmacist and can afford this addiction of collecting Star Wars toys, haha.

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I collect only one of every toy(or try to), so if I find anymore of the higher numbered ones up here I can pick them up for anyone back in Houston. Just PM me or write back to this board and I'll see what I can find. I've actually seen all 40 toys at MM here at the Toys R Us near my campus. Of course, they were all in people's carts by the time I saw them. Has anyone seen the AT-TE gunner? I need only him, the clone pilot and palpatine #35 now. At Midnight Madness last Friday, one guy bought 5 of the AT-TE gunner, and that was the only time I ever saw it. I guess there are a whole bunch of collectors up here. Or scalpers, who knows.

Reaction score
UTtoyfan, good luck with Pharmacy school. Glad your Mom helped you out. I went through Med school and beyond with my Vintage collection in a box hoping I wouldn't have to part with it. I did my residency in Cincinnati (where Kenner made the vintage figures) and the demand up there was nuts at the time with the new line of figures being made. Fortunately I came out the other side with it intact and got back into the hobby.

Geckolowe, the official site posted the cost of the CIII collector pass set ($75 plus s&h). If you're willing to order that for me (they ship it after CIII is over so you don't have to carry anything) let me know so I can get you the $100 to cover it and your time and give you my address for them to mail it to me. I do have an extra TRU Holo Yoda if you need it as well. Amazon came through with excellent packaging.

GBU

Reaction score
the KOHLS on westheimer(by kirkwood)DID have the figures because i picked up the clone commander today.they were in the kids section on a shelf all by themselves.all the palpetines were the red sabers.still had some grievous(exploding)left but the rest were low numbers.
FYI the KOHLS in first colony has 4 cases of figures but the manager is not releasing them until monday morning.i will try to convince him otherwise.

Reaction score
Huh? Aw man, I must've gone right past them!!

I'll try again tomorrow morning. Thanks for the tip!

Oh, and the Westchase Target had the Grievous & Obi-Wan cup sets. First time I've seen any since Saturday morning.

Reaction score
in the kid section in the corner next to lego stuff and other toys. about five pegs worth unless they pulled them all.bunch of #6 clones and lower #'s. left one clone commander,palpetine,grievous(exploding),as of 1pm.will keep you informed about first colony location.

Reaction score
vdubbin2001 said:
Bryan the TRU on Fairmont had about 4 Arc-170 this afternoon. Found 37,39,40 at Kohls this evening they only had one of each, no gunners. All the clone commanders and pilots gone. Anyone find a Palpatine #35 w/blue lightsaber I need one.
Thanks for the info. I'll try one of the TRU around here. That one is just slightly out of my way since I'm on the N.W. side.

Reaction score
found a lonely #38 Gunner at Eldorado. I dont need the Palpatine w/blue lightsaber found one at Lamarque WM. Anyone need a Red Guard?

Reaction score
vdubbin2001 said:
found a lonely #38 Gunner at Eldorado. I dont need the Palpatine w/blue lightsaber found one at Lamarque WM. Anyone need a Red Guard?
I need a Palpatine w/blue Saber.

Not much else to report. I see pretty much the same thing everywhere.

Reaction score
Huff there was another one I will go see if it is there in a bit. Will let you know this evening.

Reaction score
Okay I hit Kohls this morning. All that was left were a few Palpatine w/red saber. Was the blue saber an error?

Also Wal-Mart on Dunvale put out the Darth Vader carrying cases today. The price is $21.97 and comes with the #2 Anakin & the Clone Wars SP Clonetrooper.

Reaction score
I grabbed a Clone Pilot from the El Dorado WalMart this afternoon and the Baybrook Target had two of the Obi-wan and Clone Trooper cup sets.

GBU

Reaction score
at_at_commander said:
manager of KOHLS in first colony would not budge.they will put out their stock monday morning.
Where is this Kohls? I can't find it on their website.

Reaction score
it is on highway 6 south. from 59 go south on 6 towards galveston.go past first colony.it is right before fm1092 on the right hand side by home depot. there is also a super target and walmart almost directly across and next to it.

Reaction score
Galveston Target had a Lava Vader on the pegs last night.

So WMs are putting new stuff out? I guess I'd better keep stopping by. I just assumed they'd be swamped with the same old stuff (figs 1-28) for weeks, if not months...

GBU, I'd be happy to order CIII stuff for you (or anyone else, for that matter). I'll be busy tomorrow at 5:00, or I'd just meet up with you guys then. Maybe next weekend...

Reaction score
thanks vdubbin for the commander & pilot
.i am current now.the almeda target had #'s 36-40 in abundance

on my side of town they are scarce if at all.now i will wait for 41 & up.

Reaction score
Darth Eric,

If you are looking for one close to Katy there is one off of 529 near Barker Cypress. It's across the street from the H.E.B. If you make it to Langham Creek High School you missed it.

Nothing new around here except seeing the latest FX sabers, Anakin's blue and Vader's red one at Gamestop for $99. Still trying to find the Lego Star Wars game for Xbox.

Also I'm not really seeing the two big vehicles around here at all. So far I've just seen a few Gunships and no ARC-170's.

If anyone spots them on the N.W. side let us know.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info on that Darth Byran. By latest on those FX lightsabers does that mean the Anakin one was the Revenge of the Sith one? Does anyone know if the FX lightsabers are even worth the buy?

Reaction score
The latest FX sabers are Anakin's from ROTS and Vader's from Empire. It's basically both of Anakin's sabers the blue jedi one and red Vader one. If you go into one of the Gamestops they should have at least one on display. If not give me a pm or email and I'll let you have a look at the 3 I have (Anakin's AOTC, Luke's ROTJ, and Vader's Empire or ROTJ I don't remember).

Here's a thread about the differences between the two.
Props

A quick basics on the saber. It has a motion sensor and hums when you move it and clashing sounds if you hit it. It lights up from bottom to top and vice versa when you turn it on and off. The blade doesn't come off. It isn't an exact replica like the hilts. It comes with a display stand. These are for looks and light play. You can't go recreating any duels because they won't stand up to it.

For $99 bucks and no shipping I think it's a great price. The newest ones are really bright and the FX sounds are great. They are $120 plus shipping from Master Replicas so $99 is great imo This concludes my infomercial for MR.

Going to make a toy run tonight and I'll report any finds.

Reaction score
Ya I went into the GameStop by HEB on Fry Rd. they didn't have any. I wouldn't mind getting the Anakin one the blue one. It's too bad the Limited ones are exspensive. Are the ones that are 35 the same size has the Limited ones? Also made a run at the Wal-Mart by Katy Mills today they have 4 Red Royal Guards. I got one for myself.

Reaction score
walmart early bird sets

I guess most everyone's gotten the Walmart Early Bird Set by now - but if anyone's still looking - it's available on their website.
I found some rather cool pins of Darth Vader and Yoda at Walmart on Kirkwood last night - but at a price of almost $6 apiece, a bit ex for my liking. Otherwise nothing new. Does anyone know if the 12-inch Chewie is a KB exclusive? I bot one that says so on the package, but seeing that Kmart has the same figure for the same price on their website.

Reaction score
Re: walmart early bird sets

Plenty of figs 33-40 at El Dorado WM this morning, but someone beat me to the Clone Pilot and Clone Tanker. Baybrook Target had remnants from the same waves.

Picked up Holographic Yodas at Baybrook and Fairmont TRUs- they had plenty, with $25 purchase (which I was planning on anyway). Thanks anyway, GBU, and don't worry- I'm still happy to try to get a CIII Vader for you. I'm assuming you'll want a CIII Vader too, right HuffT?

Other than plenty of ARC fighters (if anyone's still looking), nothing else of note to be found today. For the record, I also hit Fairmont Target and WM...

Reaction score

Geckolowe, sure I'll take a Vader if you can get one for me. I'm not so worried about that as they'll flood Ebay. Not too many of those pass sets get put up for sale and they go for an outragous price. It's one of those odd things I like to collect. Whenever there's a time to get you the money let me know.

And thanks for the report, I'm down to just needing the Tank Gunner so now I can stay home today and play Lego Star Wars!

GBU

Reaction score

Forgot to mention- the Palpatines at El Dorado WM all had blue sabers...

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
Does anyone know if the 12-inch Chewie is a KB exclusive?

[/QUOTE]

According to the box, it is a KB Exclusive. The Memorial City store had a lot of them.
And the Westheimer TRU had the Holographic Yodas ready when they opened at 11am. I got one free when I bought Obi-Wan's Starfighter & a red Royal Guard.

Reaction score

I picked up an AT-TE Gunner at Kohl's (Humble) today so it looks like I'm all caught up for a while.

GBU

Reaction score

Hey guys,

I finally found an Arc-170. Apparently they just took a while to get over here. Targt on 529 had 5 when I left. They also put out a case of the 2nd wave of 12" Shaak Ti, Bariss Ofee (sp?). There was 1 of each.

Target also had those folding chairs that fit into the little carrying bag. They had 2 types 1 with Vader and the other with a Clone Trooper. They also had some fleece blankets and mats. The fleece blankets would be perfect for a day like today.

I did see a blue royal guard for a change. I haven't seen any of those red or blue since the midnight sale.

Kozee, I sent you a pm.

Reaction score
New figures found

Talk about luck. I went to the Wal-Mart on Post Oak & found
Mas Amedda
AT-TE Tank Gunner
Polis Massan
& 2 Chopper Droids

I think I got the last Tank Gunner, but they had one more of everyone else. Also picked up a nice looking Darth Vader poster for only $3.96

Reaction score
Re: New figures found

The Fairmont TRU had the promo Lego Mini Tie Interceptor tonight. I've been waiting on the Lego sets until the promo items showed up. I was able to get two free with buying two Lego sets.

GBU

Reaction score
Re: ROS Cards found

Last night at the Baybrook Target i managed to pick up 3 different 2 pack card sets. Each set has a bonus "exclusive card" in it. Luckily they are packeged face up under the prepacked cards so you can (with a little sliding of the package) tell which cards are the same. Thus far i have 3 different ones: Grievous, clone trooper, and Yoda. They also had a really neat top loaded dispenser of the regular packs of cards.

Does anybody know if there are just these 3 bonus cards ...or are there more on the way(for instance in the collector tins)?

Reaction score

Went back to Kohls on Westheimer. I found an exploding Grievous, and noticed they too have #'s 38-40 now. They've moved their figures to a display in the middle of an aisle and are on sale for $6.99
Dunvale TRU had the Lego TIE Interceptor mini's but are all out of holographic Yodas.
And my signed hardcover comic adaptation of Episode III arrived from the shop today. It's going to be hard not to peek at it until May 20th!

Reaction score

vong_one said:
Last night at the Baybrook Target i managed to pick up 3 different 2 pack card sets. Each set has a bonus "exclusive card" in it. Luckily they are packeged face up under the prepacked cards so you can (with a little sliding of the package) tell which cards are the same. Thus far i have 3 different ones: Grievous, clone trooper, and Yoda. They also had a really neat top loaded dispenser of the regular packs of cards.

Does anybody know if there are just these 3 bonus cards ...or are there more on the way(for instance in the collector tins)?
There's only three bonus cards (B1 - B3) with the blister packs and a total of 12 cards for the tins. Although it can vary, if you pick up one of each tin you should get a full set of 12 cards. I finally got the last Vader foil today I needed to complete my set. My Hobby cards came today and I got the usual spectrum of sketch cards of awesome to crap.

GBU

Status
Not open for further replies.