Houston Area Reports pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Finds around town

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
I got a Lava Vader and 2 of the 3 Cup sets at the Fairmont Target (let someone else take the last Grevious Cup) and then ran over to the Almeda Target to grabbed the Grevious Cup set and they had the Lava Vaders on the pegs so Geckelowe, I've got you covered if you strike out.

It seems you have to send the original receipt in with the Early Bird sets so I'm sending two in with my receipt. I'll see what happens.

GBU
Hey guys sounds like things went pretty well. I picked up my Lava Vader at Target with no problem. I can't believe one of the Targets would put those on the shelves considering they had a clearly written out guide to selling them.
I guess they couldn't read, but it sounds like it worked for someone here getting the figure so that's cool.

TRU had a case I believe it was 12 at TRU at Willowbrook of the Holo Yoda. One of the managers was telling everyone that it was the hottest figure out and you could probably make a lot by selling it in a few years or going on Ebay.
Apparently she was introducing kids to scalping.

Both TRU and Target seemed to have it together by not putting the figures on the pegs and limiting 1 per customer. They would not let you go outside and come back in to buy another one. That was perfectly fine with me. I hate see those scalper/comic book store guys around here getting all the exclusives or hard to find.

All I saw at 4 Walmarts, 2 Targets and one TRU was figures up to 32. I believe that's all the checklist had on it.

The harder to find figure from my toy runs is the Red Royal Guard, and possibly Grievous's bodyguards. I managed to get the 3 cups at Target and a 12" Grievous. I'm not much into the 12" figures anymore, but that one was too cool. The Early bird set seemed to be pretty plentiful around here.

Walmart had hats and shirts and I was glad to see shirts not too expensive and for us big kids too!!!

If anybody is into the Galactic hero figures Walmart has a ton of them.

The Darth Tater figure was great!!!

One last thing, did anybody find any of the Arc-170 fighters? I saw numerous pallets at several Walmarts and haven't seen any of the bigger vehicles except the green Republic Gunship.

Brian and HuffT could you guys pm or email your numbers. My old cell phone died and I lost all my numbers.

Reaction score

Darth_Bryan said:
One last thing, did anybody find any of the Arc-170 fighters? I saw numerous pallets at several Walmarts and haven't seen any of the bigger vehicles except the green Republic Gunship.

Brian and HuffT could you guys pm or email your numbers. My old cell phone died and I lost all my numbers.
Oh yeah, I got the ARC-170 fighter at Target. It's awesome!

PM sent your way DB.

Reaction score

Yeah, I saw them at Target as well.

Sorry to bail on you Huff, but I decided to go with the Target that had a relatively close back up and it paid off with those figure/cups.

I was really impressed with Target. About half of the people waiting this morning were Target employees who were waiting like the rest of us and even let us go in first.

I did talk to a few guys that found one or two figures beyond #32 at WM but it sounds like they were sparse.

GBU

Reaction score

Baybrook TRU did not have it together this morning. They put all the Yoda figures on the pegs and were snatched in seconds. Luckly Huff and I grabed one. I didn't want to order it online. I went back and also picked up an Unleashed set of figures. The only thing I missed were the Target cups. Hopefully they will restock.

Reaction score

I just got confirmation that my Holo Yoda shipped from Amazon!

All in all a good weekend.

GBU
Same here too. The only figs I couldn't find were Red Royal Guard, Aayla Secura, and General Grievous (exploding). I saw a Red Royal Guard last night at KM Wal-Mart but someone got to it before I could. Also pre-ordered the video game today for Xbox woohoo can't wait for that.

Reaction score

I scored a lava Vader at the Target in Sharpstown (no waiting and I got to keep my coupon!). A friend got me the early bird set (with the receipt), but I missed out on the holo-Yoda.
And I got pretty much everything I was looking for except the AT-RT & a Blue Royal Guard.

And if anyone wants the 12" Ultimate Vader be sure to get it at Target, they have him the cheapest at $39.99

Reaction score

TRU had nothing to offer that i did not already have. still no luck with figs past 32

i am exhausted and the account took a big dent today but it was worth it.
also BK started getting the teaser advertising kits today.they are small window stickers and (1) movie size poster of vader in a bowing position.it looks cool.more stuff should be coming next week.

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
I scored a lava Vader at the Target in Sharpstown (no waiting and I got to keep my coupon!). A friend got me the early bird set (with the receipt), but I missed out on the holo-Yoda.
And I got pretty much everything I was looking for except the AT-RT & a Blue Royal Guard.

And if anyone wants the 12" Ultimate Vader be sure to get it at Target, they have him the cheapest at $39.99
Jedi Bebop, I could pick up an extra Royal guard if you'd like. They seem to be available at most the stores right now.

The Holo Yoda will be out in bigger quantities on the 10th of this month. So if you missed it you'll get it in a week or so.

I was surprised to see Target actually beat Walmart on the price on the Ultimate Vader. 10 bucks cheaper at Target is rare considering all of there stuff has been higher than everywhere else except the clueless people at KB Toys.

If anyone spots an ARC-170 fighter let me know where. It would be awesome if someone could pick it up for me, but I know it's not a $6 figure.

Happy hunting!!

Bryan

Reaction score

The TRU at Bunker Hill had the AT-RT and quite a few Blue Guards. I also found some nice M&M collector tins.

And KB at Memorial City had the exclusive 12" Chewbacca. It's basically like the OTC one they have, except the paint scheme is lighter and he comes with the new Wookiee blaster.

Reaction score

hit the jackpot at walmart on dunvale!! scored #'s
35 36 37 38 39 40
. still no sign of 33 or 34 (commander & pilot ). they even let me keep one of the displays.

Reaction score

At a secret Walmart today I scored #33-40 minus #35. And still no red Royal Guards.

Reaction score

Huff_T said:
At a secret Walmart today I scored #33-40 minus #35. And still no red Royal Guards.
Yeah, well at a not so secret Walmart (Humble) I didn't find #33-40, but I did grab a red Royal Guard if you need it, Huff_T.
LMK

Anyone see the Topps ROTS retail cards yet?

GBU

Reaction score

Huff_T said:
Yeah, well at a not so secret Walmart (Humble) I didn't find #33-40, but I did grab a red Royal Guard if you need it, Huff_T.
LMK

Anyone see the Topps ROTS retail cards yet?

GBU
I'll take it if you don't want it.

Also, I think a friend of mine found the topps cards today at either the Kemah WM or Target.

Reaction score

Does anyone know if Topps will be selling ROTS collectors tins again like they did for EP1 and AOTC?

I couldn't find any ROTS cups (Trooper, Obi-Wan, and Grievous) in the store so I ordered them online at Target.com. Much easier on the gas budget.

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
The TRU at Bunker Hill had the AT-RT and quite a few Blue Guards. I also found some nice M&M collector tins.

And KB at Memorial City had the exclusive 12" Chewbacca. It's basically like the OTC one they have, except the paint scheme is lighter and he comes with the new Wookiee blaster.
What do the collector tins look like? Do they have the Star Wars M&M characters on them?

I noticed shopstarwars.com has the M&M plush buddies. I hope someone else will have them since they are 13 bucks on the website.

Reaction score

The collector tins I asked about were made by Topps trading cards. Each prequel had 5 tins. Each tin came with packets of trading cards and a special character foil oversize card.

How many ROTS M&M tins are there to collect for a full set and what stores are selling them?

Reaction score

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
What do the collector tins look like? Do they have the Star Wars M&M characters on them?

[/QUOTE]

The one I got is a small round tin with a lenticular Yoda & General Grievous on the lid. It comes with 2 small bags of M&M's. And the store on Westheimer has a mini Vader helmet water bottle with 2 bags inside.

I wonder if those plush characters will be in stores? I'd like the Vader one but if I can save on the shipping.

Reaction score

Jedi Bebop, I could pick up an extra Royal guard if you'd like. They seem to be available at most the stores right now.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer but I actually found some at the Memorial City Target, and at the $5 sale price. They also have some neat looking Vader stationary & a light up pen.
It's weird but I haven't seen the ARC Fighter since Saturday morning at Target.

And about the Burger King toys, do you have to buy a kids' meal to get them, or can you get them by themselves? I think they made me buy food with the LOTR toys, but I got some Spongebob stuff for my nephew just by themselves.
And since their food isn't the healthiest in the world, I'd rather skip the food, pay a couple of dollars & get as many different ones as possible.

Reaction score

Memorial City Target didn't happen to have any Red Royal Guards did they? I too am curious about the Burger King toys and when they will be available.

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
The one I got is a small round tin with a lenticular Yoda & General Grievous on the lid. It comes with 2 small bags of M&M's. And the store on Westheimer has a mini Vader helmet water bottle with 2 bags inside.

I wonder if those plush characters will be in stores? I'd like the Vader one but if I can save on the shipping.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info on the tins. I too hope those figures come out in the stores. 12 bucks to me is a little high for a plush buddy.

For those that haven't seen any of them here's a link shopstarwars.com

Personally, I like the Chewie the best.

I'm not sure the ARC-170 were put out on this side of town.
I was the second person in the Target and was at another one fifteen minutes later and knew a couple guys who were at that one and they didn't see one. There are plenty of the other vehicles. The Republic gunship and the fighter just haven't been very plentiful. In fact does anyone know what case it come in? Is it the same one as the jedi starfighters, Grievous's ship, and the droid tri fighter?

Reaction score

Memorial City Target didn't happen to have any Red Royal Guards did they?

[/QUOTE]

I think I saw one. And they had 1 Blue Guard after I got my 2 yesterday.

But yeah the Target by 59 had 2 or 3 ARC's on the shelf Saturday morning. I think because they're bigger than the other vehicles, it either comes packed with the Gunship or by itself. I cracked open one vehicle case at Wal-Mart at Midnight & there were 2 Obi-Wan fighters, 1 Grievous Wheelbike & 1 Tri-Fighter.

Reaction score

i found the topps movie cards at the walmart on 59@west airport.they had about 5 boxes of them.as for the BK questions i have not seen any instructions not to sell them individually.the toys will be arriving around may 10th.there are 30 of them plus the chase figure.also i went to target today and to my surprise there was one lava vader on the pegs
if anybody missed it i now have an extra one and am willing to sell it.i will keep you updated with the BK info. still looking for #'s 33 34

Reaction score

Well, I'm back, and man have the forum boards lit up. It took me 30 minutes just to get caught up with reading all of the posts!

I was pretty successful with finding stuff on my Dallas trip, squeezing toy runs in where I could. Among other things, I had no problem finding both Royal Guards (blue seemed to be most popular), ARC-170s and Gunships (never at the same store, though), the AT-RT, figures 1-31, the Target cups and the lava Vader (thanks anyway, GBU).

I was unable to get the TRU Yoda or the WM Early Bird pack. Did anyone happen to snag an extra of either of those? As soon as I got in Sunday night I hit El Dorado WM looking for the Early Bird, but they had already disassembled the tent and heaped everything into the storeroom. I was told they still had some Early Birds, but that I would have to wait for them to be excavated. Hope I don't miss them...

Reaction score

Glad you found everything for the most part, geckolowe. The WalMart on Fairmont had a ton of the Early Bird sets last night. It looked like they just put them out. Remember you have to send the original receipt in so I would suggest ringing it up separately.

I did find the Topps cards last night at WalMart. No tins yet.

GBU

Reaction score

My buddy at the El Dorado WM put some to the side for you but he won't be back until next week. The Yodas went in like 10 secs at the Baybrook TRU. Someone asked where they were and as soon as the TRU employee pointed them out everyone swooped in. Luckily, I was close and was able to grab one of the last ones. It was crazy.

Reaction score

Lunchtime update... there are several EB sets at the ElDorado WalMart now. They're up the aisle with the other action figures.

Baybrook TRU has the Topps tins. Half the size of the AOTC tins. Six different tins and they have two exclusive cards per tin. Out of the six different tins I did get duplicates so I have to pick up another.

GBU

Reaction score

Hey guys. I've been visiting the Rebelscum forums for several years now, just haven't posted much. I wanted to let you guys know that my wife found 5 or 6 Clone Commanders, 3 Clone Pilots, as well as the Palpatine and Grievous (the thirty numbered ones) at a Kohl's in the Woodlands. Although they were 7.99, I had her get me one of each (since they are hard to find). Might be worth a trip to your local Kohl's, to see what they have. Just thought I would share. Good luck!

kevin

Reaction score

Baybrook TRU has the Topps tins. Half the size of the AOTC tins. Six different tins and they have two exclusive cards per tin. Out of the six different tins I did get duplicates so I have to pick up another.GBU
Thank for the ROTS Tins update GBU. In the past, it has been difficult to get a complete a set of trading cards, chase cards, and exclusive cards from the tins alone. I usually had to either buy a sealed Topps box from Walmart or buy a master set from eBay to get all the chase cards and not end up with a ton of duplicates.

Reaction score

Thanks for the tip Kevin, I ended up picking up #33 to 36 at the El Dorado Kohls. A little overpriced but the troopers may be hard to find. The Palpatines had the correct red saber. There were plenty of all four.

Teras_Kasi, you're welcome. Actually after going back through the tins I did get a full set of 12 of the tin only cards. There was an extra that threw me off.

GBU

Reaction score

Hey gbu I went by there also, and picked one of 33-36. I got the last palpatine but several troopers left.

Reaction score
Kohl\'s figures

Hi everyone and thanks to Kevin for the tip on the clone commander at Kohls. BTW, I took the Target ad for $5 figures to Kohls and they matched the price - so I didn't have to pay $7.99 per figure in the end. Might be worth a try for those who are buying a bunch from there. I only bot two. I am trying to save some money for going to Celebration III in a couple of weeks. Also received Holo Yoda in the mail today.

Went to get the exclusive 12" Chewie from KB in Memorial as well, and collected a Clone Trooper buddy for $6.99. They had the new Chewie buddy too - but it looked a bit funky.

Reaction score
Re: Kohl\'s figures

Lucky son of a gun. Wow I can't believe they price matched with Target too. I bet you just got lucky with that. Anyhoo I'm going to check my local Kohl's later today when I get out. Hopefully I can find what I'm still looking for. Also I got me a Palatine at Wal-Mart on Dunvle he had a blue lightsaber they only had one more left though.

Reaction score

Thanks, GBU (and you too HuffT, if your friend had anything to do with it) - I picked up the Early Bird at ElDorado WM this morning. They still have plenty.

It was too early to hit Kohl's, but it sounds like they've already been picked through pretty hard, anyway. Wonder how often the restock toys...

Reaction score

<font color="blue"> A new thread has been started because this one will be locked soon. So continue over here
Houston Area Reports </font>

DarthEric said:
Lucky son of a gun. Wow I can't believe they price matched with Target too. I bet you just got lucky with that. Anyhoo I'm going to check my local Kohl's later today when I get out. Hopefully I can find what I'm still looking for. Also I got me a Palatine at Wal-Mart on Dunvle he had a blue lightsaber they only had one more left though.
The Kohl's around Copperfield on 529 had the both clone troopers and Palpatine. I left all them so feel free to buy them. I'll just wait until I can find an ad or Walmart or Target gets them. The figures had a sale sign for $7.99.
I'd hate to see the regular price.

Still no sign of the ARC-170. Target on 529 did have an Anakin and Grievous cup. They also had to Vader notepad, lightup pen, and folder for $4 I think.

Reaction score

Any of you guys able to BUY the Holo Yoda at a TRU? My local TRU won't sell them for $9.99. This is the first time this has happened in a long time with their exclusives. (at least for me) Just wondering if it was just my store manager.... Thanks.

Reaction score
Arc-170 @ Target

Hey guys,

I finally found an Arc-170.
Apparently they just took a while to get over here. Targt on 529 had 5 when I left. They also put out a case of the 2nd wave of 12" Shaak Ti, Bariss Ofee (sp?). There was 1 of each.

Target also had those folding chairs that fit into the little carrying bag. They had 2 types 1 with Vader and the other with a Clone Trooper. They also had some fleece blankets and mats. The fleece blankets would be perfect for a day like today.

I did see a blue royal guard for a change. I haven't seen any of those red or blue since the midnight sale.

Reaction score
Holo Yoda Figures

JEDI_HAWK said:
Any of you guys able to BUY the Holo Yoda at a TRU? My local TRU won't sell them for $9.99.
The Baybrook TRU had the Holo Yodas on the pegs during the April 2 debut. The Yoda peg makers had a UPC code selling them for $9.99. TRU might have changed their policy with yesterdays Sunday newspaper flyer.

Reaction score
Re: Arc-170 @ Target

Darth_Bryan said:
Hey guys,

I finally found an Arc-170.
Apparently they just took a while to get over here. Targt on 529 had 5 when I left. They also put out a case of the 2nd wave of 12" Shaak Ti, Bariss Ofee (sp?). There was 1 of each.

Target also had those folding chairs that fit into the little carrying bag. They had 2 types 1 with Vader and the other with a Clone Trooper. They also had some fleece blankets and mats. The fleece blankets would be perfect for a day like today.

I did see a blue royal guard for a change. I haven't seen any of those red or blue since the midnight sale.
I so want a Shaak Ti 12" I bet she's gone already. Oh well hopefully they'll start popping up around my area. I'm also still trying to find a General Greivous (sp?) 12". Went by Toys R Us by Katy Mills they had nothing really.

Status
Not open for further replies.