Houston Area Reports pt 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Clone Wars DVD and Commerative sets

picked up the dvd but passed on the figures. my rots movie poster came in.
looking for a TRU with midnight madness on this side of town. also trying to find the yoda exclusive offered with this event.

Reaction score
Re: Clone Wars DVD and Commerative sets

Cool. I ordered the ROTS T-shirt with the poster, so I guess mine won't ship 'til the 4th.

Target by 59 had nothing except one SP Grievous. They were making shelf room for the new Batman Begins toys. They're coming out next week, too.

Reaction score
it can be done

i just got back from new orleans but while i was over there i popped into a walmart just for the hell of it.they had some sith figures stocked so i grabbed a couple to see what would happen.the cashier scanned it. error code came up and before i could say anything she started pressing some stuff in on the register.she rang it up as misc toy and manually put in a price and sold it to me
i took em & ran. also the woodlands TRU is the only one doing MM but they could not confirm the yoda exclusive.

Reaction score
Darth Tater

Finally got my Darth Tater at TRU on Westheimer. The manager confirmed they wouldn't be open at midnight, although he did say the hologram Yoda will either be $9.99 or free with a $35 or more Star Wars or any Hasbro purchase.

Has anybody else heard the rumor that Wal-Mart will be offering an exclusive Darth Vader carrying case w/ Anakin & Clonetrooper figures?

Reaction score
F Y I

the week of april 11th is when the "teaser" advertising kits will be arriving at BK. i have not seen anything yet but i know that there are posters and window stickers involved. if i can get extra stuff i will post a notice.
also a choose your destiny instant win game will be part of the promotion.

Reaction score
Plans?

Anyone else figure out their plans for this weekend?

With the 'Early Bird' WM thing I changed my mind and will do the Midnight Madness at the Fairmont WalMart. They're on the list for the Tent.

Saturday morning I'm hitting the Fairmont Target at 8:00 AM, then to kill time to 9:30, on to the Silverlake Target to see if I can get the Lava Vader for some buddies and then up to Humble to hit the TRU at 9:30 AM. It's a less busy TRU so I'm thinking if the clear Yoda is in I'll score there. Then on to the Humble Target...yada yada yada yada...

If anyone in the Southeast end of Houston wants to come along, showup at the Fairmont Target at 8:00am. I've got an Expedition that seats at least four and plenty of toys.

GBU

Reaction score
Re: Plans?

GBU, I'll be hitting the El Dorado WM. My buddy said they are getting the Early Bird set too. Then I'm hitting a secret Target in the morning
and then Fairmont TRU.

I will be really pissed if the Target I go to puts the Vaders out early (like some of the ones around the country) and they don't have any left for Sat. morning. I think that would be grounds for someone being fired.

Reaction score

I'm off on vacation this week so I'm hitting a few Targets a day just in case. If anyone strikes out I will offer them up here before sending them out of town.

Huff, I may head over to the El Dorado WM to dork out with you instead.

GBU

Reaction score
Wal-Mart Sighting

Went to my local Wal-Mart tonight and they had some pallets of Episode III toys out all said "Do not put out til April 2nd". I knew that a few boxes had to be the unleashed figures as the boxes said Basic Figures 6 pieces. I was drooling so much. Don't know if they were going to put out the stuff or what. They also had Batman Begins figures out.

Reaction score

Grizzly_bear_underwear said:
I'm off on vacation this week so I'm hitting a few Targets a day just in case. If anyone strikes out I will offer them up here before sending them out of town.

Huff, I may head over to the El Dorado WM to dork out with you instead.

GBU
LOL! Cool, my friend at WM said they've gotten figures #1-28 so far. They are expecting 1500 figures total by the big night.

If you come across any Target Lava Vaders before Sat. I'd be game for one.

Reaction score
Re: Wal-Mart Sighting

DarthEric said:
Went to my local Wal-Mart tonight and they had some pallets of Episode III toys out all said "Do not put out til April 2nd". I knew that a few boxes had to be the unleashed figures as the boxes said Basic Figures 6 pieces. I was drooling so much. Don't know if they were going to put out the stuff or what. They also had Batman Begins figures out.
They won't ring up until Fri. night/Sat. morning. The only thing ringing up is the ROTS Darth Vader carrying case which has the same sku as the OTC one.

This is what Target should have done so the much hyped up Vader doesn't sell out before the big event. I'm bringing my pitch fork and torch in case there's going to be a lynching.

Reaction score

Well, I'm getting pretty worried about missing out on the exclusives.

I'm going to be stuck at a Science Convention in downtown Dallas all weekend. I'll try to hit as many stores as I can in my free time, but if supply is as limited as rumor has it, I may be an unhappy camper indeed.

You know, ah, if any of you guys happen to pick up an extra or two it would be much appreciated- buddy oh pal oh friend...

I am going to CIII in a few weeks, and plan to pick up a few Exclusive Vaders there. I'd be happy to return the Exclusive favor and dole the extra Vaders out to anyone that can help me fill any holes in my April 2nd aquisitions...

Reaction score

geckolowe said:
Well, I'm getting pretty worried about missing out on the exclusives.

I'm going to be stuck at a Science Convention in downtown Dallas all weekend. I'll try to hit as many stores as I can in my free time, but if supply is as limited as rumor has it, I may be an unhappy camper indeed.

You know, ah, if any of you guys happen to pick up an extra or two it would be much appreciated- buddy oh pal oh friend...

I am going to CIII in a few weeks, and plan to pick up a few Exclusive Vaders there. I'd be happy to return the Exclusive favor and dole the extra Vaders out to anyone that can help me fill any holes in my April 2nd aquisitions...
geckolowe, I'll try to get what I can. If you want an early bird set then I'm pretty sure I can get you one of those and I'll try on the Yoda and Vader. It depends on how they do those if they even have any. I keep hearing that Yoda won't be out till the 10th and the Vader...we'll, idiots are already putting him out. I guess we'll see.

Reaction score

geckolowe, I'll do the same.
I need to grease the wheels to see if you can order that C3 pass set for me.

I had some sightings today... Baybrook Target had the Anakin Jedi Force figure from ROTS. Silverlake Walmart had an assortment of ROTS figures. They had one #29 Ki Adi Mundi so it seems the local WM's are getting assortments beyond the first 24. Of course I couldn't buy any of them, but what's another few days.

None of the Targets I checked had any shelf space for regular Star Wars stuff so it doesn't look like any Vaders have been leaked. I also got the $1 off SW figures Target coupon in the mail.

GBU

Reaction score

Just thought I'd drop in and say hi. I'm still here, but I haven't had much time for anything other than work and going back to school. The only sighting I have is seeing the new M&M's at Walgreens and the Walmarts off of Hwy 6 and 1960. There are only 72 variations of the M&M packages.
According to the website they have made 16 characters. If you haven't seen them I think they are pretty funny. Not sure if the figures will be available at retail or just for promotion. I imagine they'll be available at retail to cash in on the Star Wars cash cow.

I did see a couple 7 inch figures at the Copperfield Walmart, but they were in a basket. Since it was a grandma and her grandkids, I decided not to [censored] the Darth Vader from them. Just kidding!!!! Other than that I haven't seen a thing leak around here. I'm curious about the exclusive figure at Target. I'm planning on checking a few Targets out each day to see if they'll put them out early. I doubt the one in Copperfield will do that because one of the managers has been there since TPM. I think he's learned that stamp on the box isn't a suggestion of when to put the toys out.

Anybody on the N.W. side going to the midnight madness things at TRU or Walmart or Target on Saturday morning. I'm going to go to either the Walmart on Hwy 6 and 529 or the one of 1960 and N. Eldridge.

PM me, send me an email, or just reply here.

Take care everyone,

Bryan

Reaction score

I'm going to try for the Early Bird kits. According to SW.com they'll also be available on Wal-Mart's website.

Has anyone heard the price? Cause I get the feeling it's going to be more than a little pricey.
The Lava Vader, I'll see if I can get going early enough in the morning to go for one. Hopefully I can get enough sleep after the midnight sale!

Oh and on a side note, I noticed at Wal-Mart today they're stocking the Batman Begins figures. And of course there are tons of Batman variants and very few Scarecrow's. Although I did find one with the blood spatter on his shirt. They're not bad figures but $6.74 for 4-inch figures seems like a lot!

Reaction score

i myself will be starting out at katy mills wm looking for the early bird kit.then its on to sugarland target & TRU looking for the exclusive ones.i was lucky to get my hands on 15 of the basic figs already so that takes off some of the pressure
if i get any extras i will post a notice if anyone missed out

Reaction score

Thanks, guys, for doing what you can.

I'll be leaving for Dallas tonight and returning on Sunday night. Believe it or not there are no "48 hours" WMs listed for Dallas, so I know I'll miss the Early Bird pack. It's especially frustrating because the El Dorado WM is participating, and is literally 3 minutes from my house. My 501st buddies will probably be trooping there- I feel bad missing out.

There are a few Targets near where I'll be, though- the question is whether or not I choose one that still has Vaders, and whether or not I get there early enough to pick one up. If I miss out, it's nice to know I've got you guys as possible backup.

Talk to you on Monday, with a full battle report...

Reaction score

Katy Mills Wal-Mart is where I'll be heading at midnight. I don't know if they'll have all of it out by then or if thats when they are going to start opening boxes and putting stuff out. Just have to wait and see.

Reaction score

Hi guys, I am a Houstonian who is in Chicago, IL for school, but I just wanted to let my fellow Houston collectors know this as well. You might want to check all the Targets near you because today I found figures 1-24 and the Lava Vader as well. Up here they sell for $5.99 and the Lava Vader is $12.99. They ring up at the register too so there's no restrictions anymore. I wish everyone luck and hope most of you find these so you could avoid midnight madness or going to Target on the morning of the 2nd.

Reaction score

Last night I checked Super Target in Katy and they were pretty clean as in no Star Wars Episode III toys not even preview figures. I'm going to try to be there to get the Darth Vader lava on Saturday morning.

Reaction score

Today at the Target by 59 I found a Jedi Force Yoda. And it rang up with no problem. I asked about the Lava Vader, the sales lady said the manager has them locked in his office to prevent stockers from snatching any.

Reaction score

Today I got my Target coupon in the mail. Which I wasn't expecting because I didn't sign up for the Jedi Points auction.

So I've got my plan of attack ready. Friday night I'm going to see Sin City with some friends at the Alamo Drafthouse. There's a Wal-Mart right in the area so I'll be hitting it after the movie to pick up the deluxe figures, vehicles, Unleashed, and hopefully they'll have the Mustafar Playset stocked.
Then I'm getting up at 6am to my neighborhood Target to try for a Lava Vader, and to get the basic figures w/ my coupon.
My girlfriend is going with me to get an extra one for a friend of mine who's going to the Katy Wal-Mart for the early bird set. So hopefully all will work out and we can do an even switch.

Best of luck to all, and remember to drive safely. The streets are rough late at night, and W-M's are pretty wild enough without all us guys around.

Reaction score
TRU ROTS legos

I found the Wookie Catamaran Lego set at the Fairmont TRU today. No problems with buying it. No signs of the Target Lava Vader so hopefully that means plenty for everyone on Saturday morning.

GBU

Reaction score
Re: TRU ROTS legos

Hey guys, it's been a while since I was last active really....but I'm gettign the SW fever again...due to the new movie. Janet and I will be out and about Friday night. I would really like to find a Walmart with the tent set up. I called the Conroe Walmart tonight...and the nimrod in the toy section had no friggin' clue about anything....other than some lady was coming in tomorrow night to set up the Star Wars stuff.

Is there a Walmart confirmed on the north side (Woodlands,etc.) that has a tent??? I there isn't then I may just hang out at the Target here in Conroe (I live up above Conroe in "New Waverly")

If you're gonna be up in this area then drop me an email....

THANKS,

Brian
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Reaction score

TopJedi said:
Hey guys, it's been a while since I was last active really....but I'm gettign the SW fever again...due to the new movie. Janet and I will be out and about Friday night. I would really like to find a Walmart with the tent set up. I called the Conroe Walmart tonight...and the nimrod in the toy section had no friggin' clue about anything....other than some lady was coming in tomorrow night to set up the Star Wars stuff.

Is there a Walmart confirmed on the north side (Woodlands,etc.) that has a tent??? I there isn't then I may just hang out at the Target here in Conroe (I live up above Conroe in "New Waverly")

THANKS,

Brian
sniperman76@hotmail.com
What's up TopJedi? I hear ya on the excitement w/the new movie and toys coming out.

Here'a link of Walmarts that are supposed to have the Tent Sale. Walmart Tent Sale

Happy Hunting!

Reaction score

Huff_T said:
TopJedi said:

THANKS,

Brian
sniperman76@hotmail.com
What's up TopJedi? I hear ya on the excitement w/the new movie and toys coming out.

Here'a link of Walmarts that are supposed to have the Tent Sale. Walmart Tent Sale

Happy Hunting!
Hey man, I've seen that list....but I've also heard that perhaps there are descrepancies with that list. I can't understand why alot of those stores from here in Texas are even on the list for a tent. Seriously, some of those towns are so small.....and alot of them are farming type communities with folks that often times can't afford to blow big $$$ on useless stuff like toys.

I'm torn between staying here in Conroe and hittign Target as #1 priority....or going to the Porter Walmart for the tent and crap.....

Reaction score

TopJedi said:
Huff_T said:
TopJedi said:

THANKS,

Brian
sniperman76@hotmail.com

Happy Hunting!
Hey man, I've seen that list....but I've also heard that perhaps there are descrepancies with that list. I can't understand why alot of those stores from here in Texas are even on the list for a tent. Seriously, some of those towns are so small.....and alot of them are farming type communities with folks that often times can't afford to blow big $$$ on useless stuff like toys.

I'm torn between staying here in Conroe and hittign Target as #1 priority....or going to the Porter Walmart for the tent and crap.....
Hey Brian,

I'm starting to get in the SW spirit myself. I've been following the figures, but just haven't been buying much lately. I'm really curious to see how hard those Lava VAder's are going to be to get. There's several Targets on the N.W. side that hasn't put the figures out yet so I might have a chance.

According to the Walmart page there should be 3 of them on the N.W. side having the tents.

Maybe some of us can get together this month. I've been out of touch lately and would like to catch up with things.

If anybody's looking for a Star Wars geek to do some toy runs with this weekend let me know.

Bryan

Reaction score

Just got back from seeing Sin City at AMC Katy Mills. Drove pass the Wal-Mart there and they were putting up their tent although the wind was blowing about 10 to 15 mph all I could was some boxes inside the tent. And does anyone know if it's true that Target will have the Anakin/Vader 12" figure for $39.99? Just wondering cause someone on the board said they saw the price sku for it at Target.

Reaction score

DarthEric said:
Just got back from seeing Sin City at AMC Katy Mills. Drove pass the Wal-Mart there and they were putting up their tent although the wind was blowing about 10 to 15 mph all I could was some boxes inside the tent. And does anyone know if it's true that Target will have the Anakin/Vader 12" figure for $39.99? Just wondering cause someone on the board said they saw the price sku for it at Target.
Yeah, and I think TRU might even be a little cheaper but if not I'll probably buy it there and get the free Yoda either tomorrow or April 10th. Walmarts price is $49! Ouch.

I hope everyone has FUN and gets what they want. It's going to be an expensive night.

Reaction score

I just went by the Copperfield Walmart and they had put the tent up, but nothing was being put out there yet. They were putting carts all around the tent because the wind is really blowing. They were stocking the shelves, but of course you can't ring anything up yet.
I did get to look around at stuff. There was something for 88 bucks according to the tag.

None of the Target around here leaked the Vader early. I was at the Copperfield one at closing and they hadn't brought the pallets out yet.

I'm looking for adult SW shirts. If anybody finds any let me know where. Target has the kids shirts, but nothing for us big kids.

Bryan

Reaction score

Amazon is taking orders now. Got a few things that I thought might be hard to get tonight. Holo yoda too!!!

Reaction score

I'm getting ready to head out to WalMart. Glad I checked before I did to order the Holo Yoda from Amazon!

Good luck and have fun everyone!

GBU

Reaction score
Finds around town

picked up #,s 3 6 7 8 9 12 16 23(red & blue) 29 31 32
nothing past #32.went to wm katy mills:early bird not out til 8am westpark,dunvale,kirkwood. kirkwood store had the biggest section out of all of them.heading to target first colony for lava vader.holo yoda i got off internet.happy hunting

Reaction score
Re: Finds around town

This is my finds at Katy Mills Wal-Mart.

Deluxe: Anakin (Varation), Palatine

Basic Figs: Bail Organa, Padme, Royal Guard (Blue)

Unleashed figs: Anakin, Obi-Wan

12" Figs: Anakin/Vader

I also score a Early Bird tonight as well. Also got Holo Yoda on ToysRUs.com. Good luck to everyone and happy hunting.

Reaction score

Went to the El-Dorado Wal-Mart this morning for the Star Wars Tent opening at 8:00 am. I was in line with 10 other people and couldn't buy anything until 8:15 because the cash register had to be setup.

Costumed Stormtroopers, Leia, Boba Fett, and Tie Pilot were also there and were taking pictures with everyone. Picked up an Early Bird kit and Attacktix promo figure that were being given out.

Next, picked up a Lava Vader at Target and they still had a box and 1/2 at 8:40 am. You have to go to the register to purchase.

Short break, and on my way to get a Holo Yoda at Toys R Us at 10:00 am.

Next stop Celebration 3 in Indy and the movie on May 19!!!

Reaction score

picked up an early bird kit, lava vader,unleashed grievous,clone trooper & grievous cup sets.still looking for basic #'s past 32. no luck yet.

Reaction score

I got figures #1-32 but I'm missing the Red Royal Guard.

I also got the Early Bird set, Lava Vader, Holo Yoda and 2 of the 3 cups...I'm beat.

Reaction score

I got a Lava Vader and 2 of the 3 Cup sets at the Fairmont Target (let someone else take the last Grevious Cup) and then ran over to the Almeda Target to grabbed the Grevious Cup set and they had the Lava Vaders on the pegs so Geckelowe, I've got you covered if you strike out.

It seems you have to send the original receipt in with the Early Bird sets so I'm sending two in with my receipt. I'll see what happens.

GBU

Status
Not open for further replies.