Houston Area Reports Part 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Star Wars Unleashed Ultimate Battles

geckolowe said:
Huff said:
I'm also in the process of getting rid of alot of my stuff. Mainly my extra figures and most of my non-figure stuff. I'm out of room and ships and stuff take up too much room. I'll just focus on getting the figures.
This might be a good time for me to post some of the things I missed picking up the first time around. These are mostly Hard-To-Find items, but if anyone is looking to get rid of theirs I'd interested...

Power of the Force II: Talking C-3PO Carry Case, Official Collector’s Case, Endor Leia Millenium Coin

Episode I: Yoda Action Figure (#21), Eopie with Qui-Gon Jinn, Hyperdrive Repair Accessory Set, Podracer Fuel Station Accessory Set, Rappel Line Attack Accessory Set, Tatooine Disguise Accessory Set

Saga: Eeth Koth Action Figure (#56)

Original Trilogy Collection: Darth Vader- Death Star Hanger Action Figure (#10), Sandtrooper Action Figure (#12), Star Wars Battlegrounds Scout Trooper Action Figure

Clone Wars: Clone Three Pack – Red, Arc Trooper / Clone Trooper 2-Pack

Unleashed (loose): Darth Maul, Jango Fett, Anakin Skywalker (first version), Darth Vader (with removable helmet)
Sorry Geckolowe, I don't have any of the non-figure stuff on your list and I don't have any extras of the figures you need. I wish I could've helped you out.

Reaction score
Re: Star Wars Unleashed Ultimate Battles

Thanks for the tip, ace!
I found all 3 comic book packs at TRU.
And I got the animated Spawn figures. Five bucks cheaper than Bedrock's price.

Meyer Park Wal-Mart got the Rocky II figures. They had all the supporting characters but just like series I, looks like Rocky & Apollo are gonna disappear first.
There's also a Rocky figure from the new movie out there.
Anyone who comes across any of them please let me know, okay?

UPDATE:
Meyerland Target had the Ep.I-III tins tonight listed at $24.99 each, so far that's the cheapest I've seen them.
And I'm pretty sure it's the regular price, since I didn't see any sales tag around.

Reaction score
Rocky II - Figures

Hello,

Rocky II figures at Wal-mart @ HWY 6 and westpark. They had multiple Rocky pieces and Apollo pieces. There was also the new movie Rocky figure.

These are all located behind the backside of the starwars aisle.

Three pegs full in the middle of the wrestling figures.

Also, those looking for the Marvel Hasbro patina exclusive spiderman, doc ock, goblin. Most of the Wal-marts in the south west area got the display pallet sometimes these are located at front of store, by videos, or by the books.

Good Luck,

Reaction score
Repack

TRU Westheimer put out a case of repack and repainting part I figures this morning, suggesting this wave is starting to hit Houston

I found one Sith Training Darth Maul, one Chewbacca with Electronic C-3PO, one Kit Fisto, one Holographic Clone Commander Cody, two Clone Troopers (442nd Siege Battalion), one R5-J2, two Clone Troopers (Fifith Fleet Security), one Clone Trooper Sergeant, one Super Battle Droid, and one Battle Droids 2-pack.

BTW, the 2007 SW lego sets also started to show up in TRU, I've seen them in TRUs @ Old Spanish, Westheimer, and Bunkerhill.

Reaction score
Re: Chronicle article with Star Wars

FYI, for those of you who also collect Marvel, I came across the carded Spiderman Origins at the Bunker Hill TRU this morning. No Iron spidey, but they did have the black costume and 2099 versions.

Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!
E>

Reaction score

Hey UTtoyfan, Happy Christmas and Merry Holidays!

Yeah, Third Planet gets their stuff from the local WalMarts thus makes it "hotter" than it should be. It's all good.

I hope everyone has an excellent and safe Holiday Season.

Huff, I want to see some holiday pics of your kids.
Don't put them on the surf boards too early.

GBU

Reaction score

kirkwood WM had the comic book packs and the marvel galactic hero things.forgot the name (hero packs maybe) but i had not seen these before.

Reaction score

Just wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and safe travel for those going all other the country in the next few days. Patience for anyone still crazy enough to do last minute shopping on Christmas Eve.

Bryan

Reaction score

I've always liked Gallery Furniture, and now I have another reason to favor them.

I am transferring to a unit in Houston and I look forward to meeting all of you in the Houston network, except for you Darth Bryan, since we already met at a Target in South Austin last winter!

I will be bringing my 10 x 10 storage unit contents of my "modest" SW collection as well, I look forward to assisting any one who may have holes in their collection.

Everyone have a wonderful holiday season!

Santos ( Tony ) Capello

Reaction score
Happy Holidays!

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to get on and wish everyone well for the holidays.

Haven't had much time to hunt, so nothing new to report. Hopefully I will get some time next week after Christmas and before I have to go back and teach school! So those of you who find stuff, PLEASE POST for us slow-pokes who are still looking.

Anyway, Happy Holidays everyone!

Reaction score
Re: Happy Holidays!

hey all... i thought i would start the houston christmas loot going.. i hope everyone had a safe and happy christmas.

my wife got the revenge falcon proof framed for christmas, as well as my signed holo maul pic.

i also got a revenge of the jedi at-at proof ( like the falcon one above .. i'll post some pics soon ) and a playskool artoo-potatoo and the mace windu battle pack.

and GBU... thanks for posting that link. that was such an awesome read. i'm glad to hear amy had a lift to her spirits during christmas.

jorge

Reaction score
The Day After

Nice pics, Lord Will.

Well, a couple of stores I went to looked like a war zone.
Meyer Park Wal-Mart was already in the middle of aisle re-structuring. So was Meyerland Target, although they did stock a whole row of Battle Packs, including Mace's Battalion.
I got mostly gift cards, movie passes & some DVD's from my family.

Reaction score
Re: The Day After

Bedrock City got in the comic book packs today.
They also had a couple of the Sideshow regular edition Darth Maul. If you missed out on the exclusive, this one is just as good. I'd say he's the best SW figure Sideshow has done so far.

Everywhere else is pretty much empty. Although I did find Apollo Creed at Dunvale Wal-Mart!

The Rocky line is turning out to be the opposite of the SW figures. The 2 main characters (Rocky & Apollo) are impossible to find, but the supporting character figures are pegwarmers.

I know most of the toy aisles seem dusted now, but be on the lookout.
I talked to my cousin in Ft. Worth, and he found Hasbro's first Marvel Legends wave last night at Target.
He said they look just as good as the ToyBiz figures, with the same poseability, but they rang up $9.99 each.
He sent an Emma Frost & Planet Hulk to me in the mail this morning.

Reaction score

yeah, i hit 9 stores yesterday. other than a few tins, and 3 comic packs ( i passed on them after seeing them in person... ) there was NOTHING.

still plenty of the greatest leftovers.. and every target seemed to be doing a major reshelving project. most of the toy shelves were completely empty.

Reaction score

Jedi_Bebop said:
I talked to my cousin in Ft. Worth, and he found Hasbro's first Marvel Legends wave last night at Target.
Thanks for the heads up. I had a Target check the DPCI for me yesterday afternoon and they said there were none in Texas. Must be a glitch in the system.

E>

Reaction score

you guys are not lying.toy shelves are empty!
target has their star wars xmas ornaments on sale for $3.
happy holidays to everyone.

Reaction score

Elmeaux said:
Thanks for the heads up. I had a Target check the DPCI for me yesterday afternoon and they said there were none in Texas. Must be a glitch in the system.

E>
Or it could have been they're all gone. He told me he got the last of what they had and missed out on Banshee.
The Meyerland store was empty.

Reaction score

happy new year everyone!

we still need to get together and have a houston collector's night somewhere. let's make that a goal for 2007!

jorge

Reaction score

Well, I hope everyone had a happy & safe celebration last night!

I just came in from San Marcos (visiting some old friends), one of the Cinemax channels showed the entire Saga last night up until 8:30 this morning.
One friend gave me his Luke Snowspeeder (with Dack), which I needed for my Hoth diorama, as a late Christmas present. He's getting married, getting out of collecting & selling off his collection.

Just got back from Meyerland Target. I picked up one Jedi vs. Sidious BP on clearance for $14.88, and a silver Bossk Titanium for $8.00
They also had plenty of Spider-Man Origins on the rack. I got Iron Spidey & Spider-Man 2099. Plenty were leftover.
They also had 3 racks w/tags where the Hasbro ML either used to be or will be soon. Nothing showed up in stockroom, though.
The DCPI # is 087-06-1986

Reaction score
Lost figures

Those of you still looking for Lost figures, the Katy Mills Toys R Us had a ton of them on Monday, including the boxed set and Shannon.

Reaction score
Hasbro ML

New Marvel Legends have hit Houston. I did a dpci check at mt local Target and they showed quantity at Copperfield and Conroe only. Picked up a set at Copperfield about 8:40.

E>

Reaction score

LordWill said:
happy new year everyone!

we still need to get together and have a houston collector's night somewhere. let's make that a goal for 2007!

jorge
That sounds like a good plan. I'm up for pretty much any Saturday.

This thread is past 500 so I'm locking it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.